My Balls Are Concrete

Day 1, Open

Once one emerges from the thickets of the lower wilderness, they will finally lay their eyes on the beach. The beach is formed from beautiful golden sands and still provides a scenic view to this day as waves delicately lap at the shore. At the top and center of the sand is a fenced off area made up of wooden decking and carpet that features elaborately carved wooden chairs that at one point in time sat proudly under umbrellas. Now, though, many of them have been knocked over by the winds of the island. The other noticeable feature of the beach is a large amount of washed-up shoes that have been brought in by the tide.
Catche Jagger

My Balls Are Concrete

Post by Catche Jagger »

The world could be fucked, Thomas knew that on the conceptual level at least. It was just the statistics of how everything operated, for one could be cured of cancer only to be killed in a hit and run the next day. Nothing good was guaranteed to last.

Conceptually, he understood.

But this… this was a whole other level.

((B78 - Thomas Buckley: START))

From the moment Thomas had woken up he had struggled to wrap his head around this situation, even as he rifled through the bag the terrorists had given him, even has he saw the gun tucked away within, even as he himself and his things up and set off on the move.

If he just stayed on the move, he could more easily avoid those who turned to killing, either out of a panic or out of opportunism. He could…

What the fuck are you thinking??? There’s over a hundred people out there and all of them need to kill you to survive! This is REAL FUCKING LIFE.

Thomas found he could no longer move his legs. His knees trembled, then buckled, then gave out completely.

Catching himself before his face connected with the sand, Thomas collapsed on all fours, shaking.

Get up… Get up! Get up you fucking baby!

But he couldn’t move. His limbs were lead weights, magnets drawn irrevocably to the ground before him.

Then came the tears he could not reason away, pouring down his face as Thomas began to sob.

The boy’s mind buzzed, it hurt. Anger at the world, fear of what might become of him, regret for things he’d never done and that he’d ever come on this damn trip, panic over the fates of his friends and the his family at home, a desire for revenge.

Thomas just wanted to scream. He wanted to cry out for help, that someone, anyone might save him. But that would bring the wolves, drawn by the cries of hapless prey. He covered his mouth as a coughing fit ensued and felt as though he’d be sick.

Animals… You’re thinking about yourself and your friends like fucking animals.

And that was right. That’s all they were now. Now living, just killing and surviving.

Thomas’s face hot, the only cooling coming from his tears as they ran down his face and collected at his chin, and his breathing heavy as he felt the sharp pain become more of a throbbing pain, rushing in and out with the rhythm of his heartbeat.

The think the boy wanted most in that moment was to drive his head into a rock, split it open and let his thoughts and feelings pour out of him like a river, mingling with his blood as they sunk into the sands.

But you won’t will you? Can’t make any decision. Can’t even decide to quit.

Thomas pounded his fist against the ground as he hissed and whimpered, before finally and fully collapsing.

He laid there for some time, though he couldn’t tell for sure how long it actually was.

Numbness was an improvement over the pain, and it seemed possible in the moment that he would simply be swallowed up by thebeach, become one with it so that he might never have to feel anything ever again. Outside of the crashing of the waves.

Finally, Thomas turned over onto his back and stared up at the sky and he thought of home. As he pictured the faces of his family, he found that his lips began to move and words left his mouth.

“I’m sorry...”
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

((She stopped running some time ago; now it was just a slow march to nowhere in particular.))

It didn't matter where Desiree went, anyway. She didn't have a map. Didn't have a weapon. Didn't have anything to her name, except for this bag with 2 bottles of water and a half eaten bag of cool ranch Doritos. It was too hot to move around out here with the sweater, so she took that off along with her contacts when it was safe to do so.

She was gonna die here. But she wasn't dead now. But she needed help; that was the lesson Teresa and Reuben taught her. That was all she cared about.

There was a beach up ahead. It looked as good of a place as any to scout, so that was where she headed.

There was another guy out there. He was all alone. Maybe he wasn't feeling particularly murdery just yet. She didn't really want to approach, but she didn't have much of an option anymore.

Desiree strolled up to Thomas lying on the ground. She tried to say something, some sort of clever ice breaker just to get a conversation going. But she couldn't. She stared at him vacantly with no particular expression of joy or malice.

"...Hi."
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Maybe… maybe he would just lay here, wait for someone to come and finish him off...

“...Hi.”

Thomas immediately and instinctively jumped to a seated position, his curly hair carrying a notable amount of sand with it, and reached for the black duffel provided for him. The duffel that held his gun.

However, as he caught sight of the girl standing before him, seemingly holding no weapon, he found it hard to consider her a threat. But he also knew that he wasn’t exactly skilled at reading a room.

“Hey…” He replied cautiously, trying to gather his thoughts.

“I, uh… I have a gun, just so you know. Not trying to be a dick… just, uh, making sure you know.” The boy explained, wiping some snot away from his nose with his free hand.

What a first impression.

But really, who gave a shit, considering the circumstances.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Desiree stared at Thomas as he talked about his gun.

She nodded her head, trying to think of some sort of witty reply.

"Okay."

She didn't know if she could believe him or not, but the fact she was still standing there made her believe that he didn't completely decide to play into the battle royale.

He looked like he'd been crying. Desiree was already past that point.

And then she was stuck again, another lull a conversation she had no clue how to carry. She just went for the first thing off the top of her head, her expression still ice cold.

"A goat woke me up and I almost died."
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

[[B022: start]]

It had been a while since Sean had awoke on this island, out in the wild. He was on a path as he got himself up and saw his bag lying there with his numbers on the side. His first reaction was to see what they had given him, quickly rummaging through his bag to pull it out.

And he searched.

Aaaaaand he searched.

He couldn't find anything, he'd looked up, down, the sides. The works.

Just some pointy thing that had inadvertently poked him a few times. Confused, he zipped up his bag and slung it around his shoulder. Then he thought about it, put it back down and zipped it open again.

He pulled out the pointy thing and stared at it for a bit. A grimace formed on his face, it smelled pretty foul.

Right now he knew how those kids who got fruit on halloween felt.

Gathering his things, he ran off the beaten path. "weapon" back in his bag and said bag slung round his shoulder. It only took him a while to realise how bad an idea that was.

His run settled into a walk as he further and further stumped as to where he was. He didn't know how long he had stumbled around these woods before he tumbled out and found a beach. If it weren't for the fact he was in SOTF, he would have taken the chance to say it was a beautiful sight to see, but of course then he saw two people on it. A boy and a girl, too far to see who.

He wasn't too sure how take this. Normally he liked seeing people, but it was, y'know, friendlier times. Not a chance for death by random classmate. But he sighed and shook his head, no one lost their shit this fast and he couldn't just give up on people already, and so he set forward towards them, right hand held aloft as he yelled out "Yo!"
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

For some reason, Lucas had decided to hold the Minecraft sword in his hand as he walked. It felt stupid as fuck to admit to, but it made part of him feel a little safer.

He might as well have been holding a sign that said "shoot me."

[Lucas Diaz continued from The Hunger Artist.]

After leaving the waterfall, Lucas had picked a direction and started to walk. He wanted to get closer to all the buildings, but the thought of the people there left a sour taste in his mouth. He was starting to feel a little feverish and shaky, for some reason, and hoped that he hadn't caught something from a mosquito or some bullshit way to die. No way was he getting ex'ed by some bug or something. That shit was weak, and besides, wasn't one sickness unto death enough?

Skirting the edge of the houses, he found himself at a beach. Lucas hated the beach. Everyone else got to show off how muscular or thin they were, and skinny-fat Lucas had to wear a swim shirt to hide those things. Plus, he couldn't even swim. He wasn't expecting to find anyone out there hiding in the shadows of the water like Aquaman with a trident, so he figured the water would be a pretty good escape for someone who actually knew more than the doggie paddle and back-float.

What drew him over were the shoes. If he had a camera, the array of shoes scattered around the beach would make a perfectly pretentious shot for some light Instagram editing and a self-important wax-poetic caption. 'Someday'? Too simple, and he might get reported for suicidal content. 'Wade in the Water'? Most of the shoes were out of the water. 'Suck My Fat Dick and Beat Me To Death With A Pair of Shoes'? Maybe.

There were people here, which otherwise would have had him turning around and walking away, but the sight of one of them caught his eye. Desiree Beck. A huuuuge nerd. She'd love the Minecraft sword, and might even be willing to trade away some water for it, or her own weapon if it was shitty enough. Lucas could deal with a shitty weapon, but a humiliating one was an entirely different story. Maybe she'd be endeared to him, too. That'd be pretty nice. He didn't really know what anyone else thought, but Desiree had that nerd-cute appeal.

But then, in the distance, someone else called out. Shit. Things were getting crowded again, just like the waterfall. Even though the roles were sort of reversed this time, it still felt like being around a lot of people was a bad idea. Safety in numbers was a common aphorism, but something about Lucas' sense of self-preservation preferred the lonely lifestyle of a cat to the pack-based style of most people and also dogs. Where was the animal thing coming from? When he was in the mental hospital they brought in a therapy dog for a few hours one day and the time he spent with the dog was maybe the best few hours of his life, but that had nothing to do with right now.

Lucas was already approaching them. It'd be stupid to turn back now—he'd look like a sneaky idiot—so he decided to commit to throwing himself into the mix. A wrench in the social machine.

He waved his Minecraft sword in the air, side to side, and didn't even try to pretend that he didn't look stupid doing so.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

There was an awkwardness between Thomas and the girl, which considering the circumstances, seemed rather appropriate.

Looking at her, she seemed somewhat familiar. Probably had a class with her or something.

And she probably remembers your name, while you…

Then she went and mentioned a goat, which actually left Thomas weirdly intrigued.

“There… there are goats here? That’s so weird. Isn’t there a possibility that that could mess with the cameras or whatever?” Thomas asked, beginning to mumble to himself more so as he continued. “It just seems like an oversight.”

Why the do you give a shit about the design quirks of this damn deathtrap island?

“Yo!”

For the second time in less than five minutes, Thomas Buckley nearly jumped out of his skin.

He turned to gaze at the figure approaching. His hand was in the air and he was clearly trying to at least appear friendly. Thomas gave Desiree a look before calling back: “Hey!”

After that, however, he quickly turned back to his bag to make sure his pistol was loaded. “Just in case.” He whispered to Desiree, or perhaps to himself.

However, as he was doing so, he caught a glimpse of another figure out of the corner of his eye: This one waving what appeared to be a big foam sword.

Maybe I’m already going crazy. Would really just be the cherry on top of this day.

Thomas waved back and rose to his feet as he pulled the gun from the bag and moved it to the waist of his jeans in a display that was meant to neither show off the weapon nor excessively hide it. From the brief look he’d taken at the included manual, he knew that the safety was still on.

As the boy stood on that beach, arms folded across his chest, he considered himself and what he was doing.

Why are you acting like a paranoid freak? Didn’t you want to like… die moments ago?

It was very clear that Thomas had some soul searching to do yet. Hopefully not so much crying though.

And how likely is that to happen?
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Thomas started rambling about the goat and how it could fuck with the cameras and other nerd stuff. Desiree just stared blankly and said, "I'm... not sure?"

Someone called out in the distance. Desiree and Thomas shared a look before he replied back. He started reaching for something in his bag, and Desiree got a better look at the figure.

Figures. Neither were Reuben or Teresa, though.

The first one she recognized as Sean, one of the pothead burnouts. Otherwise she didn't know him at all, for better or worse.

The other looked like one of the Lucases. Diaz. He always seemed sad and a bit of a bitch but he was one of the few kids she could stand at this school. He had a green sword? What the hell kind of shit are they giving out here?

A couple more seconds, and Desiree realized what he had. N-no, she wasn't jealous. Not at all.

Thomas pulled out his gun. Desiree went wide-eyed and stepped back a bit as he put on a little show in front of the approaching guys. Desiree kept back and let him handle the diplomancy.
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

As Sean got closer to the two, he recognised the beachgoers. Thomas and Desiree. He didn't know either of them that well back home. Neither of which he wouldn't find threatening normally, but something was... off. Desiree seemed fine. but Thomas was acting weird and when he got closer Thomas... just pulled out a gun then stuffed it down his pants...

He'd better have the safety on cause Sean was not going to deal with that if it went off.

A quick glance around showed another person had arrived. Lucas Diaz. He recognised him from art club, but he wasn't exactly his type of person. None of them were to be frank. He didn't have a real gauge on the Desiree or Thomas and Lucas... well. Sean never engaged with him that much outside of club and even then, just casually at best. Dude never seemed happy.

His early placed faith was slowly dwindling as he opened his mouth and put his hand down. " Uh, hey there. You guys alright?"
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
MethodicalSlacker

Looks like most of their attention was drawn by the guy in the other direction. Desiree was staring at his sword pretty hard. Fuckin' nice. He had something she wanted, even just as a funny meme-piece. Or maybe she just hated it so much that she couldn't help but stare. That was also fine. Having something people wanted gone was just as good. Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

Lucas wanted to one-up Sean. That was his name, from art club. He was into metal, which seemed like a fun time if it didn't suck so bad. It was really strange, because for all the depressing shit that Lucas consumed, music never really struck a chord with him, pun intended. It was like, just something he couldn't vibe with—or maybe his brother ruined it for him, playing that trombone or tuba or whatever—or his parents' taste just turned him off from it for good, and he'd never know which it really was because really there were a lot of things that could have gone wrong.

He cupped his hands to his mouth and hooted,

"Clout Gang!!"

before strolling up closer to the group. That would get their attention, and maybe make them leave. He'd be okay with them leaving. He'd also be okay with them liking him. Either one worked.

"Alright?" Lucas answered with a smile, "I feel awful, so I guess I'm pretty alright as far as things go."
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Thomas watched carefully as the two guys approached. He actually did know these two guys’ names, though little more: Sean and Lucas.

The boy sniffled and cleared his throat.

And try not to look like you were just bawling your eyes out.

Sean reached the pair first and seemed to give an amicable enough greeting.

Be polite. There is a reason etiquette exists, it helps put people at ease.

“Um, yeah. I’m doing alright.” He began, taking a breath and placing his hands at his waist before continuing. “So, I know your name, Sean, but I don’t, uh, think we’ve ever been formally introduced. I’m Thomas, from drama club and other- other things. Nice to meet you.” Thomas tried to make sure he spoke slowly, deliberately, before extending his hand for a handshake.

Don’t be such a corny idiot. He’ll think you’re lying and crap.

Thomas then quickly withdrew his hand and stuffed it in his pocket. “I’m sorry. It’s alright. We don’t need to shake hands.”

Ask about his weapon. But don’t be a douchebag.

However, just a Thomas opened his mouth to speak, he heard the shout of “Clout Gang!” and turned to see Lucas standing there with his hands cupped around his mouth.

Had… had Lucas snapped? Had the island already broken the mind of one Thomas’s classmates, driving them into a state where they blabber out nonsense phrases as they wander aimlessly across the island.

That’s kind of mean. He could just be an idiot who thought that was funny.

Whatever the reason, Thomas found himself staring back at the boy with the foam sword before giving him a slight wave and turning back to his original order of business.

“So, I’m sorry and I don’t want to be weird, but… but I don’t want there to be some confusion or misunderstanding between us or whatever. Just so you know, and like purely so you know, I do have a gun in my pants right now.”

Damn, that sounds stupid when you say it out loud.

“So- so that we keep a… we keep fully open at the outset, do you have a weapon on you?” Thomas tried hard to maintain that measured tone, despite being terrified at the very real possibility that this guy was gonna pull a knife on him.
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Jilly

Post by Jilly »

When Lucas called out 'clout gang', Desiree didn't want the Minecraft sword any more.

She nodded at Sean's question on impulse even though she really wasn't all right.

It looked like both him and Sean were having about as great of a time as she or Thomas was. At least no real weapons drawn except for the gun in Thomas's pants... well, the metal one. So far at least this was going way better than when she first woke up.

Speaking of weapons, he went ahead and asked for them to disclose any of theirs. Desiree went ahead and revealed her hand, crossing her arms before speaking.

"For the record, I don't. I had to leave the big bag behind before I could even look in it."
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

It didn't take long for things to turn awkward as Thomas reached out and then pulled back from a handshake apologising inbetween his mutterings. Which Sean would be fine with normally, if it weren't for the fact he seemed to be the only one here with a weapon worth a damn.

Lucas walked up yelling about clout gangs before interjecting into the conversation. Sean stared at him even when Thomas talked about the gun in his pants or Desiree talking about how she has crap all with her. "Yeah." he said in response, his hands finding their way into his pockets as he felt how incredibly awkward the whole event has turned out. "Things not much better here." Both Thomas and Desiree stood there with crossed arms whilst Lucas stood to the side with his shittty sword, everyone else disclosing what they had. It put the spotlight on him.

He bit his lip as he pondered whether he should lie about this? His weapon was extrodinarily shitty even compared to Lucas's and he could just grab whatever and claim it was his. He thought better of it though, he could easily be put to gunpoint so they could search themselves.

"Weapon, huh? Get ready for this shit." He slung hig bag down, kneeled down as he quickly zipped it up and reached inside and pulled the pointy thing out with his right hand.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
MethodicalSlacker

Why am I like this?

Lucas had expected one or two of the people here to dislike the clout gang joke, but he thought the overall effect would be to loosen up tension, not make it worse. He really was socially inept. Maybe it was the fever and headache fucking with him, or maybe he just had a really small brain in that really big head of his. Whatever it was, he was now filled with the inexplicable urge to turn tail and run the fuck away. It didn't matter what he did, though. After all, the cameras saw everything.

Oh, Thomas really did have a gun. That seemed pretty good. The clout gang joke wasn't enough to invite go commit die, but that's not what Lucas had wanted anyway. Desiree left her bag back wherever the hell she woke up—that was an in, maybe, because Lucas had supplies he could share, and Desiree didn't have anything—and Sean had a—

"Ew, that shit fucking reeks, dude!" Lucas said, pinching his nose shut.

Weird spiky fruit. Lucas sounded like Squidward. He had played the Clarinet in fifth grade, when everyone was forced to play something, but it hadn't gone any further than that. Sometimes he wondered what would have happened if he kept going, since he was actually sorta decent, but it wasn't that important to him.

"I don't have anything," he snooted, "besides this garbage. I also had a pickaxe, but I think it fell out of my bag somewhere."
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Thomas’s face wrinkled up in disgust at the smell emanating from whatever Sean was holding.

“I mean, is that like a fruit or something?” He asked, clearing his throat again. The notion didn’t seem implausible to him, since there were plenty of strange ones out there. “Cause it could be, like edible? I guess?”

Thomas shrugged. Honestly, having an extra meal around was probably a bigger boon than Lucas’s toy sword, but best not to dwell on that. It was clear now that he was the only person on this beach with anything approaching a real weapon.

Worse still, the girl had next to nothing on her, having been run off by… something.

Man, you’re all fucking doomed.

Thomas rubbed his forehead as he felt his thoughts spiral out in a million directions once again.

So what do you do now? Tell them all to fuck off so that you can go back to your plan of laying down and waiting to die? Or maybe you get the courage to use that gun for something…?

Did Thomas want to die or was there some merit it postponing the inevitable? Maybe he’d just wanted to believe he was rational to accept fate.

As he was considering what the hell he was supposed to be doing, the boy began to speak, initially more to himself, but as he went on he began to more directly. “She said there was a goat on the island. This isn’t a one hundred percent controlled or creativity-proof place. If you were to go to one of the buildings from the map, you probably could find some stuff you might be able to use as makeshift weapons to defend yourselves?”

Excellent suggestion. A bunch of unarmed teenagers wandering into areas that could well hold any number of killers or thieves.

“It’s, um, just a thought, you know.” He paused for a moment before continuing. “If you did do that, I could try to come with you. I’m, you know, armed.”

He didn't know any of them that well. He couldn't even remember the girl's name.

But you need something.

Thomas shrugged and tried to maintain a stern face that wouldn't belie the emotional rollar coaster he was on. What was more cowardly? To let three innocent peers die sooner than they otherwise would when he had the power to act, or to use them as an excuse to stop thinking about his own fate?
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Return to “The Beach”