Why? I don't like you.

Day 1. Tagging Jilly, Ohm. and CBP

Located off on one side of the bay is an overturned luxury yacht that formerly belonged to the head of the community. A large hole has been gouged into one side as a result of its collision with the rocks. The inside of the yacht itself is still in relatively good order, if one can get over the dampness and lichen that are present throughout the cabins of the vessel.
Catche Jagger

Why? I don't like you.

Post by Catche Jagger »

((Thomas Buckley continued from My Balls are Concrete))

The group had been walking for some time since they had agreed to set off for the infirmary, with Thomas leading the way all along at a rather brisque pace. He hadn’t really said anything, still perseverating on the matter with Lucas, and now beginning to think that he would be concerning the rest of the group.

He felt guilty for upsetting the guys and, even more so, angry at himself for letting things get out of hand.

What’s the point? Everyone, all of you, are doomed anyway. What is the point?

As they kept moving, Thomas could feel himself tiring, but he refused to think much about it. He couldn’t think about stopping. Otherwise, he might never start moving again.

However, partway through their journey, Desiree had made it clear that they had needed a rest and couldn’t make it the rest of the way and that they would have to stop. The boy had felt a surge of frustration in the moment, but he swallowed his tongue this time.

Just give up. You already know how this is going to go.

They had to change course, find a closer resting spot, and here it was: a capsized yacht. As Thomas stepped up to the boat, he looked it over carefully before turning to the others and calling out "This is it."
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

On one hand, Lucas was a little upset that the rollicking adventures of the Cloutless Gang would be put on pause for a little while. He was very concerned for Desiree, whose fatigue seemed to need a little more than a bit of sitting around, but that was just his opinion and nobody else's—however, he dearly wanted to get to the infirmary and get a couple of scalpels or blades or whatever the fuck the doctors here used. Ideally, he'd get something to tape to the end of his blade and something he could keep on his person, too. He figured that if he was going to hold on to the sword, he might as well make it useful. He came up with at least one lethal use for the weapon on the way over—namely, stuffing it down someone's throat while they were asleep and choking them to death, the benefit being able to stand on top of them and pin them down, or something—but that was besides the goddamned point. Generally, speaking, he was upset that they wouldn't get to the infirmary right away.

But on the other hand, that was one sick motherfucking boat.

[Lucas Diaz continued from My Balls Are Concrete.]

Seriously! Exploring abandoned ships had always been one of his long-term reasons-not-to-kick-the-bucket list items. Ships had such weird layouts, intricate and claustrophobic, fucked up and labyrinthine, that getting truly lost in one was possible and, in Lucas' eyes, worth romanticizing. If not for the danger zone bullshit, this ship could become a veritable fortress. Hell, even with that in mind, it was worth exploring. Lucas wanted to have a cool death, one that fit the themes and experiences of his life so far. He didn't want to go out in the boat—though that would be fitting, it would be anything but satisfying. He just wanted one last indulgence before he punted a clod of dirt and daisies into interplanetary space.

So, idiotically, all Lucas could do when they got to the base of the ship was stare up at the hulking metal leviathan and utter one fragile, childish syllable, idiot grin plastered on his face and idiot air breathed out from his lungs.

"Woah."
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

((Sean Leibowitz continued from My Balls Are Concrete))

It didn't take long before their journey to the infimary went on a detour. Desiree wanted to rest and it wasn't like any of them were going to refuse her, not after what she'd been through. It was great having a plan of what to do and all, but there was clear tension in the air between Thomas and Lucas and while back home Sean would try to make nice and all so things weren't awkward. There was no chance in hell he could do that here, so he kept his distance from them instead, as much as he hated to admit it.

So there they were, walking at a pace that Sean would charitably call slow as molasses towards the most ominous thing he'd seen so far. He'd seen boats before, but none of them crept up on him in terms of how creepy they looked.

He heard Lucas, he probably wanted to go on the thing and pretend he's captain or whatever. Sean didn't like it, not one bit. It seems like a safe place till folks held you up in the tight spaces and it likely had some nasty stuff in it too.

He didn't want to be in there once it turned dark, the thought of which gave him a cold sweat as he looked over at the rest of the group.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

((Her feet hurt.))

When they finally made it to the yacht, Desiree resisted the urge to drop dead right there. The walk to the infirmary was way longer than she anticipated, and by the time they actually left the beach and got on the main road her legs were jelly. With how visibly tired they all were, Desiree had to beg for them to stop and rest for at least a little bit. If it made her look weak or whatever, well fuck 'em. Thomas had a gun and Sean and Lucas both weren't held up and had a near death experience 2 minutes after waking up.

She knew she made the right call when Lucas immediately lit up as they approached the boat. She couldn't really blame him; there was something inherently cool about the aesthetics of any sort of abandoned building or place. Always felt like you were in a video game or something and ghosts or zombies were gonna pop out at you as a cheap jump scare. She just wished that the circumstances were different. At least this would be good enough for now; it wasn't the infirmary like Thomas suggested initially, but maybe they could look in the boiler room for pipes or something to rip out and use as weapons.

"So, uhm..." Desiree spoke to the group while wiping off the beads of sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand. "...Think anyone's already here?"
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Thomas looked over the wreck carefully, considering Desiree’s question.

“I mean, it’s probably empty. If there was anybody friendly inside, they would probably come out to talk, and if they weren’t, um… well, we’d know, probably.” He replied slowly, cutting off the line of thinking that ended up with everyone in this little group resembling nothing so much as a bloody mound of Swiss cheese. It made him shiver.

It was a fair assessment, though he quickly realized that it was entirely possible that the hypothetical “anyone else” could be hiding out with some sort of knife or something of the sort, waiting for everyone’s guard to be down before striking. Not the best thing to leave to chance.

“I could also go and, you know, scope things out. After all, I’m- you know.” He quickly added on, lightly rapping his fingers against the part of his waistline where his pistol was stored.

And maybe get killed more quickly? You have no idea what you’re doing. No goal. No plan. You're essentially defaulting to travelling with these three because 'Hey! They showed up!'

And he wouldn’t be able to make any decisions on that level unless he could refocus his mind, breathe, calm down. He needed to push past the immediate concerns that weren’t going to get him anywhere by constantly thinking about them over and over on an endless loop, like the business with Lucas.

Just talk to him. Get it over with.

Thomas cleared his throat before speaking again.

“Also, um, Lucas. Can I talk to you for a sec? Just to, you know, clear the air and stuff.” The boy found he couldn’t maintain eye contact with his travelling companion, so flustered at the prospect of having to explain himself was he.

Just rip it off like a goddamn band-aid.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
MethodicalSlacker

"Yeah," Lucas said, "Yeah, sure, we can talk."

He pointed up at the yacht, smile still staining his face.

"Can we do that while we're in there, though? I want to see what's inside."

And it was true. Now that the idea of exploring the decaying vessel had been officially floated by the Cloutless Gang's de facto leader, he was ready to jump on the opportunity to put it into real words. Lucas was having a few thoughts about the boat. He was wondering if the interior was camera'd up, and to what extent, because there were probably somewhat hard to reach parts of it that didn't have coverage because it wasn't worth the risk. Well, that was assuming the interior damage matched the exterior decay.

The whole thing was one big unanswered question. Not just the state of the boat, but the shoes on the beach, the weirdness of the village he had passed by on the way to that beach, some of the strange buildings he had seen from the waterfall, and the markings on the map. What was[ this place? If he fucked up and died answering that question, it'd be pretty meaningless, but it was a fun thing to keep him occupied until he ran into an important person, and looking into the boat felt like a good starting point for that whole plot-line.

If he got out of here, he'd write a book about it.

"We don't have to go in very far," he continued, hoping he didn't sound too boat-thirsty.
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Sean stayed silent as the rest talked about the ship. He didn't have much to say anyway outside of stay away from that thing, but it was clear Lucas wanted to be on it and Thomas was willing to go along if just to "talk" or whatever. In a way though, it was fine to him. At least he didn't have to enter it.

"Should one of us stand ouside, y'know, on guard?" Just letting that out there.

He didn't know about Desiree though. She was the one who suggested they take a break so did she want to go in and explore with them or what? He looked over at her for what she would say.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

"Yeah, someone should," Desiree replied as she stepped forward past the others and carefully entered the hole without slicing herself on the rusted edge and guessed her way for the deck.

Sean could stand out here all he wanted and Lucas and Thomas could talk about whatever and wherever, but Desiree just really needed a place to sit down.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Before Thomas could gather his things to start to explore the yacht, Desiree, that was the name she’d given on the way here, had already headed on in, unarmed and unaccompanied.

“Um.. alright then. I guess we should go now, too.” He explained the obvious, before turning to Sean. “And if you are staying out here, you know, alone… good luck.”

And with that, the boy headed for the breach in the ship’s hull, following after Desiree, but not being in too much of a rush. He did want at least a little bit of privacy in his talk with Lucas. It wasn’t the sort of thing that you wanted an audience for.

Clearing his throat and straightening his back as they arrived at the hole, he turned to Lucas once again.

“Look, um, about the beach… If I, like, went off at you… I’m sorry.” He began to explain, but he found the preexisting tension didn’t leave him as he’d hoped.

Just explain yourself like an adult. You can do it.

“As you can probably tell, I’m not exactly in a stellar emotional state, considering the circumstances.” He continued, managing to slip inside without hurting himself and wincing slightly at the musty smell of the wreck’s interior. “I’m pretty- I’m sure we’re all a bit on edge, you know? I didn't like your ideas, but I didn't need to go all rant-y on you. I just want to apologize if I took it too far with things, alright?”

He let out a deep breath with that one and he felt his shoulders and neck loosen slightly, surprising him with how much the matter had weighed on him physically.
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

MethodicalSlacker

Desiree led the charge into the yacht, and Lucas gleefully followed, but not before Thomas stopped him at the entryway. So, this was the time that he'd be taking to "talk," then? Didn't seem like there was much chance for a two-way conversation, here. This would be less talking to and more being talked at. Which, y'know, was a little fucked up, but also fine. Lucas didn't really have anything to say to Thomas. No quarrel with him besides a vague sadness that he was hated, but he had brought it on himself, like he usually did. Lucas would be an idiot to be surprised by the way he was.

But he wasn't expecting an apology. Not even an attempt at one. Lucas didn't really feel like there was much to apologize for. After all, he had been saying some pretty dumb things. Didn't that deserve some form of reprimand, anyways? Sure, it made him feel bad, but that was what he deserved, wasn't it? Took the wind out of his sails, too, now. Now he was less excited to explore this stupid boat and more in the space of "fuck yeah, I'm ready to get dunked on by emotions," which wasn't where he wanted to be.

"It's okay," Lucas said, "um."

Fuck.

"Sorry for, uh, being stupid. Earlier."

It didn't help that the boat looked a good deal smaller on the inside than it did on the outside.
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Desiree just walked past into the ship, unnarmed of course. Girl must really want to sit down if she’s gonna barge in like that. Thomas said something to him about standing out and good luck, to be honest Sean wasn’t fully paying attention, but shrugged and lifted his hand as an affirmation that he heard.

He stepped away as Thomas then started talking to Lucas, he didn’t feel like snooping into other’s conversations like that even if they were having it in the entrance to the boat.

Instead he thought to himself what he was doing. Hanging out and trustin’ people he didn’t know back home and didn’t seem.. outgoing? He wouldn’t say stable as they had plethora of chances to take him out, but he didn’t feel as though they were on the same wavelenght.

He could easily run away once thet step inside. It wouldn’t take long and would they blame him? He wanted to find his friends and at least share something good together before they all crash and burn.

He looked up into the sky and blinked a few times. A hefty sigh left him as he figured it wouldn’t be worth it. He’d have to find them and he could barely read a map. For now he had safety.

It wouldn’t be good to think such things anyway.

Sean’s left hand went into his pocket and curled into a fist as he pulled out his weapon with his right from his bag and idly threw it up and down to gauge it’s weight.

He wondered how hard it would be to juggle with it.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

After some misguided intuition Desiree finally resurfaced onto the deck and returned to the fresh, slightly salty air. You don't realize how good you had it until you wandered around in a damp and moldy engine room for several minutes.

The sun was still high in the sky and didn't look like it was gonna leave anytime soon. It was probably right around noon, maybe a little after. Plenty of time to still get to the infirmary, after her dogs stopped barking and Thomas and Lucas cooled off for a bit.

She trudged along the starboard side of the ship, knocking periodically along the inside wall just in case they really did have company. Not a soul came up, luckily, but she was still on edge. Maybe from the atmosphere, maybe from the uneven ground, or maybe from the random bullets and bullet holes that already made their home in the floor and walls. No blood though, so whatever struggle happened here must have been long gone by now.

She came upon the back of the boat with a clear view of both the ocean and the land that was now its permanent home. She had enough of the blue, so she headed over to the land side to see if Sean was still standing out there all alone like a loser.

Yep. There he was, waving his smelly fruit around like he owned the place. At least he was on brand.

She leaned over on the railing, flagging him down with one of her arms. Then she cupped her hands around her mouth as a makeshift megaphone and shouted at him.

"It's okay to come up... if you want. Just saying."
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Thomas was surprised to hear Lucas apologize too. That really wasn’t the point of his little talk. He’d been a bit of an asshole, but Lucas had just been wrong or naive, and at least the guy seemed to be trying to help.

Damn if this wasn’t a frustrating situation, though.

Still, if you’re going to be with him for the next couple days, might as well not leave the more positive shit left unsaid, right?

“You… really don’t need to apologize. Not every idea is going to be good. That’s just, you know, how it is, even on Murder Island.” The boy replied, before shifting into a silly, nasal tone. “Not everyone can be a genius like yours truly.” He wrapped, with some pretentious-looking hand gesticulations, hoping to lighten the mood just a little bit.

After a moment, he continued, “So… exploring then.”

Thomas turned to begin looking through the yacht’s interior, looking for anything of interest, or anyone. He still had no idea what he was doing in the grander scheme of this island business and as he thought of this, he felt a pit in his stomach.

Look, you clearly don’t want to die, or you would have offed yourself on the beach when you had the damn chance, and you clearly aren’t playing this game, or you would have robbed or killed these guys once you realized you were the only one with a real weapon.

The latter thought hadn’t even occurred to him on the beach. He wasn’t built for this game, that much was clear, but the island was just one big funnel, dragging everyone in a single direction, and those that didn’t follow would be obliterated.

He wasn’t really exploring at this point, just wandering, caught up in his own thoughts.

What do you do then? How do you survive?

Thomas swallowed hard and hoped Lucas wasn’t looking over, thinking he was acting like some kind of zombie all of a sudden
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

MethodicalSlacker

Thomas' faux-pretension was refreshing, and made Lucas smile a little bit. Elicited a chuckle or two. Under literally any other circumstance it would have pissed Lucas the fuck off, but it was obvious here that he was doing it to lighten the conversational load, so to speak. If he was quicker-witted right now, he might have fired back with a self-important quip of his own, but his fever-headache combo was coming back up, so he didn't push himself too hard. He was decently sure that whatever he was feeling was, like, entirely fucking psychological. If he actually looked strange or was physically ill, the others would have said something like, 'hey, Lucas, why do you look like a corpse, nobody's killed you yet.'

It still made him want to find somewhere to sit and collect himself though. He needed somewhere he could sit and ride this out, same as Desiree. Maybe they could sit next to each other and talk a little bit. He could clear up the misconceptions that he had launched about himself with some light hearted banter, which he was sure he had the spoons to muster for her even if he didn't for Thomas. A corny self-aware knight-princess dynamic centered on the stupid Minecraft sword could work, and even open up for some later death opportunities. He'd be pretty fine dying as a fake shitty knight. That'd be poetic, in a way, considering that was how he'd been living anyways, for—

For—

A dark purple feeling covered him like a blanket with nails at its fringes and slid down his torso. He had forgotten about his promise. All this time, he'd been going on about poetic death this and poetic death that, forgetting about the one who was waiting for him on the other side of this whole fuckin' thing. Somewhere out there, Ophelia was waiting for him to come back home, and he'd promised her that they'd—

"Oh, fuck," Lucas said, clutching his head and stumbling down the corridor away from Thomas, "Shit, I need to find somewhere to— fuck, man, I don't feel so good."
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

As Sean stood out there, contemplating his fruit with a few practice tosses he noticed that Thomas and Lucas had moved in.

Good. Hopefully that meant their little chat was a feel hood moment for them and they wouldn’t have to worry about, say, either trying to kill one another or the rest of them for that matter.

He heard the call out from above and looked to see Desiree at the railing leaning on it. The view from up there was probably great, though he wouldn’t argue the view from where he stood was any bad.

He cupped his left hand round his mouth. "Nah, It’s alright! Probably dark in there anyway."

Return to “Capsized Yacht”