True Affection

SHUT UP I'M NOT PRETENTIOUS YOU'RE PRETENTIOUS (mid-post oneshot (honestly what am i doing))

The largest building in the village is the commissary. With a large wooden sign hanging above the entrance and painted with a colorful mural showing various scenes from nature, it is the most eye-catching building as well. The interior of the commissary is a large hall laid out very simply with rows of tables and benches. There is also a separate kitchen area and storeroom present. This area appears to have been subject to a raid by the island's monkey population, as many pots and pans lie scattered in the kitchen area, while the storeroom has many overturned boxes and items knocked from shelves.
Kermit

True Affection

Post by Kermit »

((Michael's brain continued from Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Is In)))

First, some dirt. He had his sources.

Michael knew he'd gotten three votes for prom king. Honestly, it was two more votes than he was expecting to get.

He knew one of the votes was from himself. He knew one was from Morgan.

Then there was a third mystery vote. Michael didn't know who it was. He'd assumed it was just a meme vote from someone.

Now he realized it wasn't.

Second, the memory. Relegated to the back of his mind until now.

Prom. Waiting in the line to vote for royalty.

He'd been standing behind Beryl. Peeked over — well, not over, but around — her shoulder. Curious. Tried to see her ballot.

Caught the letters E S E.

He'd assumed it was someone else's name but now...

He knew 100% he was the only person in the senior class with those letters, in that specific order, in their name. He knew everyone's names. He knew Darlene's name, for fuck's sake.

It was him. It had to be him. He saw that now.

Beryl had voted for him.

She wasn't the kind of person to meme vote.

And there was the answer.

She'd liked him, probably.

In retrospect it was obvious. He'd seen her making those eyes at him. He'd always just assumed she was just, like, looking at him for fun or whatever.

Now he realized it had been the same look she'd always given Nick and Tristan and Sierra and all of those people. It wasn't how she looked at Jeremiah or Alexander.

...and he hated himself for missing it until now.

He'd never felt so close. He'd never felt so alone.

Beryl was dead and there was nothing he could do about it. She'd managed to die as herself and Michael had managed to live long enough to become an obsessive, occasionally drug-addled murderer. The person he'd become didn't deserve her, not anymore.

He'd been this close to maybe influencing events enough so that she wouldn't have been shot by Darlene, but...

...he'd missed his chance. Random chance had intervened. It always did.

The game at Phillip's place. The same memory from earlier in the morning.

Beryl had smiled.

"Me and you." she had said.

She had passed the dice back to Michael.

Michael had rolled a five.

"I win." she had said. She got to be the game master or whatever.

Then she rolled the dice again.

"Game's over." she had said. Then she was gone.

Michael really understood now.

Their oscillations had always been the slightest bit out of sync. Always out of each other's leagues. If the kidnapping hadn't happened, Michael'd probably have just grown up to be some jaded, depressed university professor, and Beryl'd have gone to Arizona State or whatever and Michael would have never talked to her again.

They'd be together when they were both dead and only then. It had always been that way.

He was done with being obsessed. He'd become so selfish. He wasn't a monster, but... he knew he wasn't still a good person. The fact that it had taken him this long to see the way he was thinking was unhealthy made him feel kind of disturbed, but...

...at least he was able to see it. At least it made him feel disturbed. That was a good thing, right?

The mourning process had started anew for him.

No longer lust. No longer selfish love.

Now it was love. Love for real this time.

Now he was mourning for the real Beryl.

Not Beryl the ideal. Not Beryl the myth. Not the person Michael became when he was with Beryl.

He mourned for Beryl the person.

If you love something, set it free.

He had to let Beryl go. No matter how much it hurt him inside, he had to let her go.

It was the only thing he could ever do for her.

Closure really did sound like nothing at all. It was the only sound it could make.

In life, death was the only closure. The only way to end a story.

It sucked.

There wasn't much anyone could do about it, though.

Too little too late. Always too little too late.

Story of his goddamn life.

He'd try to change that.

He was ambitious when giving up.

((Michael's brain continued in the post where it came from))
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
destroy the UN08/03/2019
Micheal experienced super position wherein he was both Beryl and he was Beryl's RP site quote. He was sure he could be happy about this but he no longer knew what happiness meant.

Return to “The Commissary”