Burton Harris, Kouji Ginsenshi, Mariavel Varella, and other dead children you may have heard of.

Oneshot @ the SOTF memorial. Set right before The Rest Of My Life.

This famous landscaped park is located near the downtown area of Washington, D.C. It contains the Smithsonian Museums, various national monuments, and small park and garden spaces. The entire area is packed with tourists, and students are supposed to remain in groups as they go on tours and explore.
Kermit

Burton Harris, Kouji Ginsenshi, Mariavel Varella, and other dead children you may have heard of.

Post by Kermit »

Michael knew most of the names on the memorial.

Not like knew knew them, but recognized them. He could put faces to some of them. Some of them he knew biographical details about, like that Gigi Sinclaire (A victim of the second incident) really liked the 1960s, or that Reiko Ishida (A victim of the fourth incident) was a pro figure-skater. He knew weird quirks about each attack, like that for some reason there were a load of Japanese kids who died in the first one, or that there was an unreasonable quantity of Jameses who died in the third one.

He hadn't learned this things from like SOTF fansites or anything - he wasn't a complete piece of shit - but from memorial websites and news stories. The New York Times, for example, had a page with short little bios for all the victims.

If one death is a tragedy and a million deaths are a statistic, then it was important to treat a million deaths like a million single tragedies. If you let your brain process things like SOTF as singular events and not hundreds of individual tragedies, you become desensitized to them. You start seeing them as just part of life. Michael didn't want to be like that. That, he hoped, was why he had these obsessions with mass-casualty events.

Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

The memorial was a heavy place. It was a hard feeling to describe, but it was the same feeling Michael'd had when he visited the 9/11 museum at Ground Zero. Not just feeling that some bad shit happened, but that some bad shit happened.

He'd been at the memorial for an hour. Just sitting there, staring at it. Thinking about it. Thinking about the victims. Thinking about how awful it must have been to die like that.

In the distance he could kind of see someone approaching the memorial. Ariana Morretti. Girlfriend of Ross the non-rainbow-haired broken-arm kid. Michael didn't want anyone he knew to see the real him, whatever the real him actually was. He left as quick as he could without being obvious. Hopefully she hadn't seen him.

((Michael Froese continued in the seventh SOTF attack))
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
destroy the UN08/03/2019
Micheal experienced super position wherein he was both Beryl and he was Beryl's RP site quote. He was sure he could be happy about this but he no longer knew what happiness meant.

Return to “The National Mall”