Lost

A huge tree, bursting with foliage, straddles part of the overgrown trail. A large part of the tree has been hollowed out on the inside, making it large enough for army vehicles to pass through. It's large enough to house quite a few people, and the age-old carvings on the inside of the tree are testament enough to that. It's not much in terms of shelter, but it's better than spending a night in the deep, dark jungle.
Ciel†

Lost

Post by Ciel† »

(Brad Kavanagh continued from How the Stars have fallen...)

Like most men, Brad Kavanagh (Male Student no. 14) always thought that he knew where he was going. He felt that, since he's been on the place for about several hours already, that he knew the jungle much better than anyone else. That is why when he stumbled upon a very tall, hollowed out tree, that he didn't begin to think about if he was lost or not. Hmm... I think I passed this large... tree before. Yeah, I passed it while I was walking away from that church. Oh yeah. It's all coming back to me now...

Brad let out a sigh of tiredness, feeling a crack in his back. Even if he had the luck to have drawn a good weapon, like a shotgun, he probably wouldn't be able to carry it. Somehow the descent when he first got onto this... island? Yeah, it was a tropical island... Somehow the fall he took when he first landed on this island must have bent his back in a bad way. It wasn't exactly painful per se, but it kept cracking whenever he bent over. A uncomfortable feeling would flow through his body, and Brad would feel just a bit more agitated.

His group... was he supposed to lead them? No matter how Brad ran the equation through his mind, he just couldn't see himself being the pack leader. He was a lackey more than a leader.

Terrie. He had seen her around school, and she was one of the few kids that Brad had remembered the name of after his two month absence. It wasn't like he knew her personally but he had spoken to her a few times in the past. She probably didn't remember any of those times up to this point, but Brad imagined her being a generally nice girl, especially for someone amongst the popular crowd. Not bad to look at either. It was also a plus that she had a sharp mind. Although... Brad knew that she was never going to use that gun that she had. She also didn't exactly look like someone who would get into a fight neither.

Simon... less so. Brad had absolutely no clue who the boy was, before and after his leave. The only thing he could begin to gather was that he must have been involved in sports at some point. After all, no one from the Chess club ever broke an arm from a checkmate related incident. Other than that, he was completely clueless as to who he was. And, from the looks of his arm, there was no way he was ever going to get into a fight anytime soon.

Feh he thought to himself, shaking his head. This is my A-Team. My squad... why am I not surprised? Brad stared at the tree for a moment, realizing that there wasn't a huge tree like it when he was walking away from the Chapel. He sighed softly.

"I think," he thought aloud, "that we're lost."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Continued from How the Stars Have Fallen...))

It had taken a little bit of running to catch up to Brad, as she'd stood around dumbfoundedly at the brook for a few minutes after he'd taken off. Still, she had managed to catch up with him after a bit, and she'd been following him ever since. Neither had said much during their trip through the dense forest, and to be honest, Terrie wasn't even sure if Simon was still behind them at this point. Her thoughts were far too focused on other things.

Brad came to an abrupt stop and sighed quietly, which prompted Terrie to stop immediately as well. The tree in front of them was an odd sort of shape, with a hollowed out middle. What looked like age-old tire ruts ran through it, making some sort of grown-over trail. Terrie brushed the blonde strands away from her face as Brad declared that they were lost and found herself giggling a bit.

It was probably an odd sort of response, given the circumstances, but the tree seemed like adequate enough shelter. Of course, she'd definitely have preferred a nice, warm bed, but given the circumstances, the hollowed out tree was much better than the bug-ridden jungle. Terrie swatted another mosquito off her bare arm as the thought ran through her mind.

"It's okay," Terrie reassured Brad as she moved ahead, walking into the tree and taking a look around for herself, "At least we aren't out in the open, right?"

She sighed quietly and allowed herself to slump down on the ground and lean up against the inside of the tree. It wasn't soft, but it was better than nothing. Besides, she was so exhausted, both mentally and physically, that she didn't think she could keep moving through the jungle. She hoped Brad would let them stop and rest, because she definitely didn't want to be left alone.

"Can we stay here for a while?" Terrie inquired, smiling wearily at the much taller boy, "I'm getting... really tired."

Tired wasn't even the word for how she felt, but she figured it would suffice. Hopefully, Brad would understand.

"And besides, you need your rest too. You're hurt."

She made a mental note to check his bandages in the morning. They would probably need to be changed soon to keep them sanitized. If there was one thing she could add to the group, it was her knowledge of medicine. If that was the one purpose she could serve on the island, at least it was somewhat useful. The fact was, she couldn't do anything else. She couldn't fight, she couldn't kill. All she could do was heal.

"Hey, Brad?" Terrie spoke up again, although this time, a lot more quietly.

Should she even ask? There had been a question that had been nagging in the back of her mind since she'd run into Brad Kavanagh. It was a question she hadn't wanted to ask for fear of what the answer might be. Still, it kept lurking in the crevices of her subconscious, poking out at every corner. Terrie didn't like the feeling of discomfort and paranoia that kept oozing into her mind. It seemed like this was the only way to make it stop.

"There's something that's been bothering me..." she began, her eyes moving from her companion down to the floor of the tree and one arm rubbing the other subconsciously, "I just... I'm sorry, I know it's none of my business, but... why did you go to jail?"

The rumors had told every kind of story about Brad's disappearance from school. She'd heard that he killed his neighbor, she'd heard it was for robbing a bank. The truth was, Terrie knew that you couldn't believe the rumors that people told you, and she simply wanted to know for herself. She wanted to find out, once and for all, what the truth behind Brad's incarceration was. Terrie almost winced instinctively, expecting some kind of yelling or retaliation for her question.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Simon Wood, B33, continued from How the Stars Have Fallen...))

Simon was breathing hard by the time he caught up with the others. Although he was fit, Simon wasn't used to such prolonged activity over such a large time period. Added to that the difficulty of running properly with one arm sealed inside a cast (although he was accostomed to the extra weight by now) and the fact the last time he had slept was after being knocked out from gas... simply put, Simon was almost exhausted.

The runner couldn't say he wasn't glad when he saw that Terrie and Brad had stopped up ahead. Despite his credentials in this sort of area, he had only just started catching up with them, after all, both had had quite the headstart on him.

Simon grinned as he approached the strange tree, deliberately hollowed out it seemed. Then chuckled under his breath as he recalled Brad's words earlier. Not the fearless leader? Whether he knew it or not, the former prisoner was taking the lead every step of the way, and Simon had to say, he was glad it wasn't him in charge. Of course, basically they were just following Brad, but he was making the decisions. Asides from that, he had taken a sword wound to save Terrie's life. If that didn't give him some kind of grounds for nomination, Simon didn't know what would.

Arriving next to them, and showing something of a disregard for the possibility there might have been a conversation already going on, Simon spoke.

"I don't think we can keep going," said Simon, sucking wind. "It's getting dark, and there's no point going wandering around the jungle - it would be pitch black. Besides... I could really do with a rest. I don't know about you guys, but several hours of activity with hardly any breaks kinda wears me out," that might have been a slight exaggeration, but even as he said it Simon realised his stomach was grumbling at him, probably had been for quite some time. Had he even eaten anything yet?
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Brad nodded slightly, knowing that Terrie had a point. "Yeah, that's true... but a huge tree tends to stick out as odd for some people. Not that I'm exactly a master of anything. I guess I'm just pulling that whole thing out of my ass." He began to wonder why he was trying to joke around at a time like this, and kept his mouth shut.

Terrie pointed out how his wound hadn't healed at all and that he probably needed to get some rest. She was right as far as he knew. Brad was feeling very exhausted and had been dreary-eyed ever since he met head-to-head with Gabriel. Besides, even if he was very perky, Terrie appeared even more worn-out than anyone he's ever seen. They were going to have to stop soon, and this huge tree was going to have to do. Brad let out a soft chuckle. It appeared to him that, despite the situation they were in, Terrie was putting others before herself. There was something about that he admired.

"Yeah," Brad agreed, "That's true. I doubt this thing will heal up by itself. You should start worrying alot more about yourself though. If you keep thinking about me and my wound, you'll forget about yourself..."

Brad didn't finish his joke. Talking about death when something like this was happening, even in a joking manner was bad. He turned his head to look at the tall tree again. It certainly seemed tall enough to house three people who needed shelter desperately. That was just the problem, however. What if some psycho-murderer type who still had a very sharp mind at his disposal thought of the exact same thing, and wanted to rank up some bonus kills? Brad didn't like to think negative, but the wound that he received from one of those 'players' made him think otherwise. It was something that he never thought he'd ever have to sufferer, and yet it all happened.

"I guess this tree will have to do. I mean, it certainly ain't no spiritual sanctuary like I promised, but at least it isn't in the open."

The next question was a very surprising one to hear. Brad stared at Terrie, not quite being able to believe that she had just asked him about why he went to jail. He also didn't know whether to act surprised, suspicious, angered... Hell, there was even a hint of flattery in there. She was the first one to actually want to know WHY he went there, instead of everyone else who just assumed why. Why should he lie to her now? He had nothing to lose now. He let out a soft laugh after an extremely long hesitation.

"Hmm... I guess you kinda have a right to know. It's a hell of a long story, one that I'm not exactly proud about, but for you... I'll tell you why. Just... not right now. Maybe I'll go over it a bit more later, but now... You have to understand that this whole thing was just a huge misunderstanding. The criminal system screwed up and I was the victim in it all...

"The fact of the matter is... I didn't even need to serve those months." Brad sighed, pressing his back against the inner wall of the tree, opposite of Terrie. He closed his eyes for a minute before realizing that Simon had finally caught up to them. "Hey," he responded, dropping his bag flat on the ground. "This is where we're going to stay. It isn't the best of places, but it's enough."

Brad then turned from Simon to Terrie, forcing another smile her way. "By the way... I've been meaning to ask you two this since we joined up. Terrie. You're from the modestly popular crowd right? I think I can imagine you having alot of friends. And... I don't know about you Simon, but I bet you've got some close people as well. Are any of your friends... trustworthy? People we can rely on? The three of us... we aren't a big enough group to make any sort of impact... y'know?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Sorry guys, couldn't post yesterday/thought Waffle was entering the topic.))

Simon finally managed to catch up to them. For a while there, Terrie had begun to wonder whether he had opted to stay with Christian and Will instead, or if he had simply opted not to follow them. Her intuition proved itself incorrect when he appeared -- although obviously a bit winded -- at the same tree they'd managed to find themselves at.

Much to her dismay, the moment Simon caught up to them, he started going on about how he couldn't possibly move another step and how they didn't have any other choice except to rest in the confines of the tree for the night. She might have laughed at him for reiterating the same conversation she and Brad had just had, except for the fact that she had just asked Brad a very serious question.

She had genuinely thought that Brad might explode at her for even daring to ask a question like that. Terrie hadn't really wanted to ask, and the truth was, she was afraid to know what the real reason behind Brad's incarceration had been. That didn't stop her from wondering, and the fact had wedged itself into her mind and refused to leave since she ran into him back at the bridge.

She had no reason not to trust Brad. In fact, she didn't know too many people who would throw themselves in front of a sword to save someone they barely knew. That act of valiance alone should have destroyed any trust issues she might have had with the boy, but it hadn't. Not completely. That small issue was still there, floating around, begging for an answer to fill the void in her mind.

Much to her surprise, Brad didn't seem so much angry with her question as he did... taken aback might have been the correct way to describe it. He didn't seem offended, really, but perhaps simply surprised that she'd chosen to bring up the subject. What surprised her the most was that he volunteered to tell her, only later. He said it was a long story, and simply assured her that he was a victim of the criminal justice system.

She didn't want to press the matter too much. She supposed that his response was enough, at least for now. From what he said, it sounded like he might have been wrongly imprisoned. Terrie didn't want to think people foolish enough to lock away an innocent person, but it had been done numerous times in the past. Brad didn't have anything to gain from lying to them now, so she couldn't imagine him deceiving them about it.

He changed the subject rather quickly, turning the topic of conversation toward her. When he inquired about the people she thought to be trustworthy, she was taken aback somewhat. Throughout the entire day she had spent on the island, she had barely thought about her friends at all. Suddenly, she felt very selfish. Terrie's eyes moved toward the ground and she chewed on her lower lip thoughtfully.

"I don't like that word..." she laughed suddenly, a smile crossing her features, "Popular, I mean. I'm just blessed enough to have a lot of great friends. That's all. But... in terms of trustworthy people... there are a few I can think of. I was close to a lot of the other girls on the Swim Team... Khrysta Lawrence, Kristin Washington, Elizabeth Priestly... I'm sure Elizabeth's brother Lenny would be good too. And..."

The girl ran her fingers through her hair, thinking for a moment.

"Trey..." she stated after a moment, "Trey Leyton's a great guy, he could definitely help us out. Ianto Murphy. Ianto's one of maybe a handful of people I'd put blind faith in. He's too much of a mother hen to ever think about hurting anybody. I know he wouldn't play. I'm pretty confident that none of those people would..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((Will + Christian continued from How The Stars Have Fallen))

"We're pretty cool too, that is unless people keep leaving us behind before we could tell you we were all for coming with you guys."

A smirking red-headed boy and another following behind, clearly less enthusiastic about the idea of following this group; but he couldn't abandon his best friend Christian to go hunting some crazy with a sword. Christian didn't think it would work, and neither did anyone in this group. But Will knew for a fact that to see a bastard like Gabriel go down was one of the most satisfying feelings he knew. It's been said that revenge doesn't make one feel better about themselves... Will didn't believe that for a second. Seeing the man who butchered his parents taken away to a prison, then to hear that he later went insane and killed himself, was quite simply one of the most wonderful feelings he'd ever experienced.

But regardless of that, it wouldn't bring Jason back, (and, more specifically, his parents); it would only cause more trouble for everyone else. Will didn't like the idea of staying with a group, but there wasn't much he could do to convince Christian otherwise.

Will stepped up beside Christian, looking at the others near the tree. His left hand stroked the hilt of his dagger. If he was going to be part of this group, he was going to be leading it.

"I take it you're all lost? If you're heading to the Chapel still, I know how to get there. Christian and I both started off there, and I made a point of knowing exactly how to get back there, in case we needed to. If you want to continue wandering around aimlessly until somebody pops you off, be my guest, but if you're actually intent on getting to the chapel, then it might be a good idea to follow me."

Will finished speaking in that subtly arrogant way of his, and then heard Christian speak.

"...Right. Now, I hate to burst your bubble, but these people you know... they could be anywhere. They could be dead. I think... we should keep going, and try and hook up with a group before we start looking for our best pals, you know? We should just head to the chapel, and see how that turns out. "
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Terrie had given Brad a list of names of people she thought trustworthy. Some of whom Brad knew personally, some he vaguely remembered, and other he had no idea about. He sighed softly, looking over at Simon for a moment, waiting for an answer from him. Inside his mind, he kept thinking about all the names that Terrie had fed him.

The people he didn't know. Trey Leyton and Elizabeth Priestly. He knew who Lenny Priestly was, and he knew that the guy had a sister... but was Elizabeth Lenny's sis? Anyway. Lenny was a good guy, as far as he could recollect. Trustworthy? He wasn't too sure of that. But Brad wouldn't doubt it if he was.

Khrysta Lawrence. Brad didn't exactly trust her. There wasn't anything that made her untrustworthy. She was a cool person overall, but there was just something about her that creeped Brad out sometimes. Kristin Washington. She was a beautiful girl, with an even more beautiful personality to boot. Brad wouldn't mind her joining up with them. Then there was Ianto Murphy. Brad knew who Ianto was. Everyone knew who Ianto was. He'd be very surprised if some really had no clue who he was. And once more, Brad got on with the boy much better than he could say about alot of other people. If there was someone he could end up trusting, it was him. All and all, there was alot of people that they could depend on.

Brad turned back to Terrie after taking a moment to think. "Hey... I'm sorry if this really sounds kinda stupid, but that's alot of people. Alot more than I could ever say. Don't get so hard on yourself.... at least you aren't as goddamned unpopular, like me..."

If there was one thing that Brad hated doing, it was getting angsty. It really served absolutely no purpose other than spreading an infection over to others. He especially hated it when he was doing it towards people he liked. Like Terrie. He really didn't want to make her feel even worse about what was happening to them. He forced another smile, trying to perk up as best he could.

"Listen... sorry about that. I guess it's just the fact that... well, I don't have as many friends as I'd like to. I guess as far as people who we could trust... Steve Digaetano is a good man. He's a good man. We aren't exactly close as can be, but we know each other.... And Troy... Troy McCann. The both of us are closely knit. We'll find a good ally in him... But.... that's all the people I know. The only people I think could come through for us. So... the only allies I've got now is Simon and... you, Terrie."

Brad noticed both boys from before arriving to the tree, making him sigh even louder. He wasn't exactly too annoyed by the two but... it felt as though they were questioning what they were coming up with. Like they didn't like any of the ideas that they had thought of. Like THEY were better than Terrie, Simon and himself. "Well... Listen, it's getting dark out and I'm not sure if we can get to the Chapel in time. Who's to even say we'll be safe there... look. I think it's better if we just stay here for the time being. I like where the two of you are going with this, but I think it might be better if we just stay here for the night."

Brad shrugged, turning to Simon and then back over to Terrie. "Do... you guys think we can make it to the chapel? I mean... I don't mind sticking around here, but the chapel sounds so much better. What should we do?"
Buko

Post by Buko »

((Continued From: Blood and Thunder ))

Blood Boy was moving far too quickly for thoughts to reach him, he didn't exactly know what to do or where he was going. What he did know is that now he was on his own and he was playing this damnable game, hell he could only assume that everyone was playing: Joshua Goodman had attacked him without reason, Renee Valenti had pointed her arrows at him blindly, and some unknown person had killed someone in his trap at the Barracks. This game? This game was being played and Blood Boy had only one option: adapt.

It truly was Survival of the Fittest.

He wasn't insane, no Blood Boy was far from it. Remorse? Remorse was something to be hidden right now, perhaps the barracks had made him come to this conclusion, but SOTF was nothing more than a battlefield, these students? Nothing more that soldiers without uniforms, all of them fighting a war where only one can survive. Blood Boy? He was small, he was sickly, and he was perceived to be a freak even by those who revered him. If he was one of his classmates, he would kill him. He would be an easy out and there'd be no doubt in their minds that he was playing the game.

So, he decided to skip the "Let's get killed trying to be nice" part and actually affirm the thoughts going through his oppositions minds. Blood Boy? Blood Boy's only option was to kill, it would be idealistic for him to think otherwise, he wasn't one for friends and he didn't care much for his classmates...that is he didn't care much for anyone except one person: Lauren. And her? Hell he didn't even know if she was on the island.

If I do find her, I'll have to man it up and tell her how I feel...before she kills me for being so goddamn pathetic.

And that's when he saw the group standing outside and inside the hollow tree, he kept himself from gasping as he rose his gun. He was roughly fifteen yards from the tree and he focused in on his target; the most threatening of the group, someone who was seemingly talking the most and was the leader. It was a simple strategy. Strike the head and the body will follow, mass hysteria and a clearing out of the group. These kids? These potential murderers. They where a lot less threatening when they couldn't gain up on him...

Like the baseball team...

Focusing in on Brad (though he didn't know him by that name) Blood Boy lifted up his mask so he could see perfectly -without said mask obscuring his vision- and he aimed at the boy's stomach. With the cover of night Blood Boy wouldn't be seen until it was too late, but he could make out the boy fine enough and with where he was aiming there was literally not much margin for error; the boy would either sprawl and get hit in the upper body or jump into either direction and get clocked with a grazing blow. Aim at a precise location and you miss at a precise location, it was pretty much common sense.

Deciding not to hesitate Blood Boy broke the silence and comfort of the conversation occurring at the hollowed tree and quickly fired three shots towards Brad.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(*Gah. Short post.*)

Brad heard a sharp, ear-numbing sound that made him snap into attention. He felt something wizz right past him. Then... a sharp, burning pain coursed through his lower right arm (which was near his stomach at the time). A horrid burning that actually made Brad actually believe that his arm had been set on fire. He gasped loudly, diving down on the ground with his hand clenched tightly down on his right arm. He moaned violently in pain, trying his best to not start crying. That, and he made sure that no one else had been hit either.

"Ahh!" he groaned, rolling on the ground. "Jesus-mother fucking... God damn it! Shhhiiitttt....." He looked down at his left hand, which was coated in a deep shade of crimson as it went right back to hold onto his wound, shifting his weight on the ground. He was fighting the temptation to actually sit right back up. He really had no idea what the hell had just happened to him, but he could make a damn good guess as to what. And if his suspicions were proven correct, then if he were to sit up like he really wanted to... He really didn't think it was going to end on a good note.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Well, to hell with some kind of posting order, I guess.))

The next few moments were a blur to Terrie. She had barely paid any mind to Simon when he'd rejoined their group, and Brad didn't seem all that concerned with him either. Instead, Brad was going on on a speech about finding allies and trying to reassure Terrie that she had listed more than enough trustworthy people. She wasn't entirely sure where his outburst had come from, but she simply sat there listening, nodding her head lightly in acknowledgement.

As if on cue, another familiar voice echoed out through the area along with the sound of two sets of footsteps. Terrie half-rose from her seated position against the side of the tree and tilted her head slightly to look at the two boys approaching their tree. She was a bit taken aback to see the same two boys from the brook -- the ones that had been hunting Gabriel. The blonde-headed one looked less than happy to be there, but Christian seemed to be in better spirits.

"Welcome back," Terrie mused with a half-hearted smile, watching the two boys closely.

It was about that time that Will seemed to come out of whatever funk he had been in and start barking orders. Terrie wasn't a person who was easily annoyed, but Will's forced leadership wasn't something that she entirely appreciated. He was right in that it would probably be safer to stay the night in the church.

The thing was, it had turned pitch black outside and getting to the chapel in the first place would be a chore. Besides all that, she had pushed herself to the limit, Brad was injured, and Simon looked exhausted too.

Of course, being the kind of person she was, she wouldn't have said a word if the remainder of her group had wanted to try and make it to the church.

Instead, Brad spoke up, agreeing that heading to the chapel was ultimately the best course of action but insisting that they remain at the tree for the night. His attention turned to Terrie and Simon for a moment and he asked for their input. Terrie rubbed the back of her neck thoughtfully and let out a light sigh.

She couldn't help but think that heading to the chapel this late at night was a bad idea. They didn't know if some other students had holed themselves up inside for the night or whether or not somebody that was playing was waiting on people in search of shelter.

"I don't think it's a good idea to leave," Terrie voiced, shaking her head in affirmation of her words, "It'd be better to wait until morning, you know? I'd hate to get all the way there only to be sneak-attacked by somebody who was waiting for people looking for shelter to go there... if that makes sense. And besides, this place is in the middle of the jungle. We should be safe --."

Terrie didn't even finish her sentence before the sound of gunshots rang out uncomfortably close by. Her hands flew up to her ears and a scream escaped her lips as she covered her head. Almost immediately thereafter, Brad cried out in pain, and she tentatively opened her eyes to look at their ally.

"Brad!" Terrie gasped before shakily rising to her feet and moving over to the much taller boy.

He had definitely been wounded again. The deep crimson pouring out of his arm was a very blatant indicator of that, but through all the mess and confusion, Terrie couldn't tell what exactly had happened or where he'd been hit. She'd have to worry about Brad's wounds later, though. Right now, they had a much bigger problem.

She could barely see the figure that had fired at them through the darkness. All she could make out was a short, slender figure standing in the darkness. Most ominously of all, she could just barely make out the object pointing at them -- obviously a gun. It might have been five against one, but they couldn't rightly take on an armed opponent with a dagger and a hockey mask.

You're the only one with a gun, Terrie. You shouldn't have put it away. This guy's gonna kill all of you, and you could've stopped it if you haven't been so stupid and naive. You know there are people playing here, you're supposed to be ready for stuff like that.

Given the circumstances, the blonde-headed girl did the only thing she found herself capable of doing at the time, "Stop it! Stop shooting! We aren't playing! We don't want to hurt anybody. Please... please stop!"
Buko

Post by Buko »

OoC- You heard the lady.

Blood Boy was elated.

The figure whom he had shot at so mercilessly had fallen down, collapsed and due to the screams of pain Blood Boy was sure that his bullet had hit, he smirked underneath the now pinkish bandages and let out a malicious chuckle to himself as he moved his eyes to the next target; this little group? This little group would soon realize that they where nothing and that they could never amount to anything, when it came down to it the rest of the nation viewed them as a bunch of freaks.

Like me...

Michael, Haya, Lauren, Renee, Boxer, Troy, Joshua, mystery men, all these popular douche bags! I was just a number! None of you, even when I was praised as a legend cared about my name! Oh, Oh, I'll guarantee you all one thing: My name will be heard and you'll be able to put the pieces together all to late. Blood Boy. The freak. Blood Boy. The monster. Blood Boy. The Murderer. Blood Boy. The decimated.

By the time this night is over I'll have the whole damn island curious as to who the fuck Nathanial Harris is!

And then the other voice shouted and Blood Boy could only snicker a bit at the fear and urgency in her voice. Why? Why do people have to act like this in the face of death? You see, this is what Blood Boy had on all of these stupid fucking kids at this school, these kids obsessed with such trivial things as grades, and dates, and stuff that wouldn't matter a year from now. Blood Boy had always been concerned with one thing and he would continue to be obsessed with it: survival. So, why? Why after years of pursuing trivial things had this girl decided to be serious at the eve of her own demise?

"Why so serious?", he hissed as he directed the gun to the feminine figure yelling at him and pulled the trigger to his gun and fired four times, this time the bullets where aimed at the girls Solar Plexus. He reached into his bag and pulled out another set of ammo to keep beside him as to reload as soon as his gun ran out ammo. His sword was strapped to his back, the poison ready to sink into whomever's veins it was lucky to cross. Bloodlust and years of pent up aggression and passive sadness ready to explode.

The samurai of old used to say that the sword was merely an extension of the soul.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((People, let's jump back on the horse here. This topic's starting to lag, and that's not cool. Admin, out! Image ))

Anyone with any kind of common sense could probably tell you that when someone comes into the area and breaks up your happy little group by firing at them, it isn't a good idea to try to reason with them. Terrie, of course, knew that as well, but she simply couldn't bring herself to run for her gun and return fire on the other student. If she fired at him, there was the possibility that she would hit him, even kill him, and it wasn't something she felt like she could live with.

Of course, the figure in the distance that she couldn't quite make out as Blood Boy didn't see things from the same perspective that she did.

She probably shouldn't have been surprised when her desperate pleas for their attacker to stop only incited him to point his gun and fire four more times -- directly toward her. Terrie instinctively hit the ground as soon as Blood Boy fired. Unfortunately, she couldn't avoid the bullets flying at her. If Blood Boy had aimed at her head, she might have avoided the injuries completely.

Instead, Blood Boy had aimed his shots at her abdomen. Dropping down to the ground (more in fear than out of instinct) had probably saved her from the brunt of the damage, but two of the four bullets the boy fired still connected, at least partially. The first managed to run its way across her side, leaving a deep crimson gash that immediately started soaking its way through her light blue tanktop.

The second singed her arm, rupturing and peeling away flesh as it ran across the side. Thankfully, neither actually pierced her body, but from the hot burning pain that was suddenly coursing its way through the right side of her body, she definitely thought otherwise. Her hand flew instinctively to the bleeding mess on her arm, ignoring the (by comparison) lesser wound on her side.

She bit down on her lip forcefully, trying to halt the tears that were already pouring from her eyes. A soft whimper escaped her lips as she cradled her arm, afraid to stand up off the ground for fear that the silhouette in the darkness would send another round of bullets her way to finish the job he had started.

I don't... I don't understand. We aren't playing... I... I told him we weren't playing. We aren't a danger to anybody. Why would you... why would you attack somebody who doesn't even want to play this stupid game? People's lives... they aren't things to be toyed with. Nobody here has the right to play God... not Danya, not him, not me... nobody has that right.

"Hey, Brad?" Terrie called out after a moment, her attention turning from her own injuries to the other student that had been hit, "Are you okay?"

In a way, worrying about someone else's pain seemed to help her cope with the intense burning sensation that kept pulsating its way through her veins. She let out a shaky sigh and slowly crawled over toward her daypack. Her first concern was bandaging her own wounds -- something they very clearly didn't have time for given their current circumstances. Still, her daypack had been pushed up into the corner of the tree, away from Blood Boy's range of fire.

Finally managing to crawl over to her pack with quite a bit of effort, Terrie unzipped it. Immediately, the shiny metallic object laying on top of it caught her eye. Against Simon's wishes, she had tucked it back into the daypack, thinking that no one in their right mind would be wandering around the jungle this late at night. She was half correct. The person who had been wandering around in the jungle wasn't in his right mind.

The gun...

Terrie's blood-covered fingers reached into the pack instinctively, tracing over the dimly colored object. All she had to do was remove it from the pack, turn the safety off, and return fire on the student that was assaulting them. By doing that, she had the potential to save everyone in the tree. By doing that... she had the potential to take the life of the student trying to kill them all. She had the potential to become a murderer.

Her fingers quickly pulled away from the object in disgust. Terrie had never been a violent individual. The thought of pointing the beretta toward the figure outside and shooting made her ill inside. Returning fire on the student made her no better than he was. But if she didn't do something, everyone that had come to the tree seeking sanctuary might die at the hands of one deranged psychopath.

Terrie had never felt more conflicted in her life. What kind of person would she be to let Brad die after he had thrown himself in front of a sword to save her? How could she live with herself knowing that because of her inability to act, she caused the deaths of Will, Christian, and Simon? Her body was screaming at her to eliminate the other student, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Instead, the blonde simply clenched her eyes shut tightly and willed everything to go away.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(You heard her. Time to get this thread moving!)

Brad really wasn't thinking straight at that point. If getting shot in the arm wasn't enough (which was really hurting like a bitch), now Terrie was standing up and shouting to the blackened figure out in the unknown blackness. He was confused as to how someone could spot out two people in the dead of night, but that was the least of his worries. What the hell was wrong with Terrie? If she stood up like that, out in the open, she was very likely to get...

Well. He was right.

"Shit!" Brad gasped, struggling to get back up on two feet. "God damn it... Terrie. Hold on..."

One of the worst parts about getting shot in the arm... would have to be the fact that it hurts like hell to get back on your feet. As he moved his left arm, this became even more obvious. The pain in his arm made him hesitate, but he finally got onto his knees. By this time, Terrie asked him how he was doing despite the fact that she herself had been damaged as well.

Brad tried his best to force a smile, still clenching onto his arm. "Y-Yeah... I'm fine."

Wait... doesn't Terrie have a gun?

It would be rather rude (and risky) to just up and swipe the gun out of Terrie's bag without even bothering to ask. This was certainly a situation to throw most normal logic out the window, but since Terrie had already opened the bag wide open, Brad hesitated. From the apprehensive look that was on her face, Brad could see that she didn't want to use it. He couldn't blame her. He really didn't want to harm anyone else, but what other choice did they have? He couldn't justify shooting at someone that he didn't know, nor could he just sit there and do nothing. He had to act. He just had to.

He crawled over to the bag, swiping the pistol out of it. "I'm... really sorry Terrie..." he whispered, although trying to be loud enough for her to hear him. "I can't just let this guy get away with this." With that Brad took a hold of Terrie's arm, attempting to pull her along as he stumbled out of the large opening inside of the tree. It really didn't matter if she wanted to move or not: they had to find a place to take cover. Terrie would have probably agreed, although he would imagine her not being totally pleased by his decision.

Brad was starting to have second thoughts of his point of action. Was this really the only option that he had? Trying to be peaceful was an alternative, but Terrie had tried that and it looked as though she gained nothing from it. They could run. That was an option. Then again, if they just ran away from the conflict, than this bastard would still be alive. He'd/she'd would still be alive, and he/she could still kill another kid that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Brad couldn't have that. He couldn't let that happen.

It took him a moment to unhitch the safety, taking a minute to stare at the gun. It was actually quite ironic. He was a kid who got put away for murdering someone that he barely knew, but here he was, about to gun down someone. Brad grimaced. It wasn't like he wanted to do this. If he could he'd turn back time, and he wouldn't have gone on the Senior Trip. He would have just stayed home.

Brad really wasn't sure where the figure was hiding, but as he peered over the side of the hollow tree, he could make a pretty good estimate. The missed bullets made small holes in the ground, big enough to stick out at him when it was pitch black. His eyes wandered up, starting to become adjusted to the dark. He could see something that was out of place. He wasn't completely sure if it was the gun-wielding madman, but there was certainly no time to make sure. He pulled the gun upwards, trying his best to keep the whole bundle of metal from shaking too much.

What did Danya say in that packet of his? Brad could remember it as clear as day.

...Just because you aren't willing to do unto others, children, doesn't mean that others out there are so kind. This is a game about deceit. It's a game about murder. Be wary of others. Could you kill your best friend?

"I don't think I could kill my best friend, but this guy certainly isn't a friend of mine." Brad moved his gun up and down, forming a cross. "Please forgive me god..."

He pulled the trigger twice without even having to think twice. It felt like he was trying to crack a walnut. The recoil certainly wasn't pleasant either, but Brad tried his best to keep it steady.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((OOC: Permission from Slacker to do a small action for BB))

Christian barely had time to react as gunshots rang out in the forest. With a quickness he didn't know he had, he pulled Will aside, into the shadows. They both crashed to the ground, foliage concealing them from view. From this point, they could see the attacker quite clearly. It was that... freak... Blood Boy. The wiry, masked boy fired several shots again at the girl, Terrie, and she ducked out of sight. Christian breathed heavily, and he could hear Will saying something in Icelandic under his breath. Christian didn't understand him, but he gathered it was something along the lines of "Oh, shit, this really isn't good..."

The creepy hissing of Blood Boy's voice sent a chill down Christian's spine. He knew there were some strange people at his school, but this volume of sheer maniacs was frightening. He got off the ground, but still only knelt on the wet soil. It seemed to soak into his pants. Will started to move towards Blood Boy, but Christian held him back. They'd get this bastard... but not yet.

Glancing back and forth between Will and Blood Boy, he stifled a whisper, to Will, who looked oddly stoic. "Shit... Alright, I don't really want to have to do this but... Here's what we're going to do...."

The plan was simple. Christian would walk up from one side, Will on the other. Hopefully Blood Boy wouldn't notice their approach, and that would give Christian the opportunity to knock the gun away from Blood Boy with his broken shovel. Then, while Blood Boy is distracted, Will would come from behind him and...

It wasn't something Christian asked him to do lightly. He didn't like killing, violence, any of it! Back in the graveyard, when Will suggested they hunt down Gabriel Theobadldt, he only agreed because he thought that killing Gabriel would get somewhere. He quickly realized it wouldn't. Neither would killing anyone else. He hoped all he'd have to do was to lay low, avoid the competition, and hope that somehow, they'd find a way off the island. The very idea of telling his best friend to stab another student in the back repulsed him, even if the other student was trying to attack them. Christian knew Blood Boy had problems; it wasn't that difficult to miss. Sometimes he and his friends would laugh at him behind his back, but he inherently felt sorry for the guy.

If i've got to save myself, Will, the others... that's what I have to do.

Signaling Will, who had sneaked to the other side of Blood Boy, he began to walk up to him. This was the moment of truth. If he messed this up, he was dead, there was no question about it.

Fuck, i'm a musician, not a goddamn assassin. I should be worrying about hitting the right notes, not the right fucking blood vessel or whatever crazy shit assassins worry about hitting...

With as much grace and speed as he could muster, the wiry musician ran at Blood Boy, striking the back of his knees and knocking him to the ground. At the same time, however, he heard two incredibly loud, familiar blasts.

Gunshots.

Two white-hot streaks of pain shot up Christian's side. The bullets from Terrie's gun were now firmly embedded in his waist and shoulder. He lay flat on the ground before he could even notice he was falling. The pain was so intense... he couldn't even scream. His vision dimmed, and the last sight he saw before blacking out was Will kneeling over him, Christian's head in his hands..

All he could think about as his mind faded was Will. Vilhjalmur Sigurbjornsson, the best friend Christian knew. If he died this moment, having lived a short life at barely eighteen years old... He would still be content, because Will was there. That was all that mattered.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Brad Kavanagh wasn't the badass hero of the story. He could never be a hero who had a trigger finger faster than everyone else. He never wanted to kill. He was just a normal kid who got sent to jail for something he didn't do. While that wasn't the norm of the kids in the game, not to mention the fact that Brad had gone through some major changes during the time he was gone, he was still that normal kid who could never hurt a fly. Well, he could put up a fight but that was when he really had to, and he certainly never killed anyone. One could consider this one of those times where he had to fight, but Brad was having a very hard time believing that.

From the darkness, from the endless darkness... Brad could see that he hit someone. Maybe he couldn't see as clear as day, nor did his eyes adapt completely to the gloomy atmosphere, but he could make out that he hit someone. He could also see that the figure (whom he had assumed was the boy shooting at them; he didn't even notice that Will or Christian had taken a course of action and went ahead) had fallen to the ground. It wasn't in Brad's nature to assume anything, but from the look of it...

"I... I..." Brad stumbled, wide-eyed. From the looks of it, he imagined that he had killed the maniac. Brad felt his legs give in, letting him drop to the ground with a loud thud. His hand let go of its grip on Terrie's gun, diverting his eyes from it. He felt a shiver take over his whole body, feeling extremely cold all of a sudden. His head felt nauseated, and he tried his best to not let his eyes trail to either Terrie or Simon. He felt sick.

He KNEW that he didn't mean to actually hit anything. He had only wanted to scare whoever it was away from the spot, and he had meant for it to hit. Then again, when he had noticed that Terrie had been shot, he scrambled for her gun and pulled her out in a desperate attempt to save the both of them. He could have wanted to hit whoever was out there. Or maybe he got so pissed off by the fact that he got shot in the first place that he wanted to blow off some steam. Brad couldn't really come up with the reason he really did do what he did, but there was one thing that he did know for certain: he regretted even pulling the trigger.

Was this him? Did he really want to kill? What will Terrie and Simon think now that I blew my top and went with the least rational option? Those were the questions that were not only boiling inside his mind, but those he really didn't know how to answer. He wasn't a killer. Not a real one at least. He pulled that trigger twice like he was killed people all my life, but he really didn't mean anything other than just to intimidate. If he really wanted to kill, he would have killed Terrie and Simon... And Gabriel too. If he really wanted to play the game, he wouldn't be feeling sadness. He wouldn't regret anything. And he imagined that he wouldn't be on the verge of tears after his first kill either.

Brad fought the tears that had begun to fill up in his eyes, brushing them away with the back of his sleeve. "W..What the hell... was wrong with me..."

He looked over to Terrie, not even striving to impose another fake smile like he did every time they conversed. His voice quivered as he spoke. "I... feel sick... I really didn't mean to hit whoever that was. I just wanted to scare him away, but... Jesus Christ... I feel so disgusted with myself..."

Brad brushed his auburn hair back with his right hand, trying his best to both ignore the pain in his left arm and the onslaught of tears that were pouring forth from his eyes. "That wasn't like me... You guys believe me, right? We haven't been partners for very long, but you know me well enough to know... I d-didn't... I would never want to harm anyone... Right?"

Brad wanted to bawl as loudly as he could. He still struggled with the urge, but it was becoming harder and harder by the second.

Return to “Hollow Tree”