Thoughts better left Unspoken

One of the largest sub-divisions in Highland Beach, this is the "American Dream", so to speak. This is the neighborhood of 2.5 children and quaint little houses with white picket fences. Most of the middle-class of Highland Beach live in this area.
baby_g†

Thoughts better left Unspoken

Post by baby_g† »

Courtney twiddled her thumbs as she sat on her bed facing the door. There wasn't much she was expecting other then a very angry cousin when she did in fact come home. Would she bring Serenity with her? Would they both beat the snot out of her? Her mind raced and thoughts began to blur as she picked up her cell phone and dialed Steve's number. She hadn't even punched in the fourth number before she closed the phone.

What are you doing? He probably doesn't want to see you... let along talk to you...

Trying again, Courtney was able to reach the last number, though before pressing send she closed the phone once again.

Come on! Make up your mind.. either you call him or you don't!

That was it. Courtney was tired of acting like a scared little cat and with that she pressed send on her phone and waited for him to pick up on the other line.

Ring...

Ring....

Ring....

The phone stopped ringing after it reached his voice mail. Instantly Courtney hung up and redialed once more. Again, it reached his voice mail and she didn't bother leaving a message. She was so nervous she knew her English wouldn't make any sense at all. Tears began to flood her eyes as she picked up her towel and started running water in the bathtub. How could she have been so stupid, to kiss a guy who has a girlfriend and then try to call him and expect him to pick up. Her first thoughts seemed right, he probably didn't want anything to do with her.

Serves you right.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

((Kara continued from Out on the Town and Out of the Closet))

The ride home was cold and quiet as Kara's mother refused to say anything to her. Kara had spoken to her father when she told him what happened at the bowling alley. She assumed that her mother said she would pick her up so that Kara could endure her famous glare and silent treatment. All Kara's friends could attest to her getting her stubbornness from her mother.

When Kara had finally been picked up from the holding cell she passed by Gabe and Steve who too were on their way out. She wanted so bad to run up to him and hold him, but she knew she couldn't. It was hardly the time or place to anyways. If she knew Gabe, all that Kara would have to do would be give him some time and when he came over assure him that he's the only one she wants.

Like in the Holmes family household wasn't easy. As much as a mask that they all put on, if you knew any one of them personally really well, it wouldn't take long to figure out the problems there. Courtney wasn't used to 'faking' smiles or laughs. When Courtney lived in France with her parents a hug was a hug and nothing less. She knew that she'd have to adjust language wise and even food wise when she moved to America, but she never imaged she'd have to adjust to living in a house with people who utterly hated each other. Nothing seemed right to her living at Kara's. Now, there she was drying off after her bath, holding her cell phone once again between both hands silently wishing he'd call.

"What are you looking at?" Kara said, entering her cousins room. She had come in to apologize for how she had acted earlier that day. Family was family and although she hated her parents she could at least try to ease her bad feelings by making friends with her cousin.

"Nothing!" Courtney shot up putting the phone back in her pocket. "I just had a bath."

"Listen, I wanted to say something..."

"Yea, I know. You're sorry. It's alright. Really." Trying hard to not make it look painfully obvious that Courtney didn't want Kara in her room, she made towards the closet as if to change into other clothes, hoping that Kara would leave. She did. Kara silently left, still feeling bad, but left none the less. Quietly she tracked down the hall to her room and dropped her things on the floor. Taking a closer look around Kara noticed her mothers act of craziness or 'revenge' be you. Around her window were nail heads preventing her from opening and leaving at night.

What a bitch.

Courtney on the other hand, once Kara left her room, made sure the door was close tight behind her. Jumping back to her bed she once again pulled out her phone. Quickly Courtney dialed Steve's number and waiting for the ringing sound. Instead, she was greeted with a busy signal.

He's probably calling his girlfriend... god Courtney, you're retarded.

Time was ticking and though both in their separate rooms, both tapped their toes to the same sound of the second hand ticking by. Both were waiting for him, both wondering if he still cared about her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(Continued from Round one, fight three; Brad vs. Melissa)

(Very shitty post. Haha. xD)

Damn it... why are you doing this Brad? What's the whole point in doing this? She hates you. Nothing's ever going to change that. Give it up.

And, yet no matter how much he tried to convince himself, he couldn't give it up. After all he was damned lucky that the police just let him go after he told them his side of the story. Brad really thought that his so-called "record" would have gotten him into more trouble, but this was definitely not the case. He got off scotch-free and what was even more amazing was that his parents haven't heard anything about it. They had no clue about what had happened, and what they didn't know wasn't going to hurt them. Still... that didn't explain why he followed Kara all the way home.

Brad didn't exactly know where Kara's house was, but he was certain that it was around the area of Village Harbor. He was just lucky that he saw Kara pass by at the police station and knew that he could have some time to talk. Frankly, Brad didn't care how long he had to run to get there. Besides, the phone book basically spewed her address out at him. Instead of walking like he had planned, Brad just took a cab. The ride there was very silent. Maybe Brad made the cabdriver nervous, although he couldn't imagine why. Brad wasn't that intimidating.

Now... how am I going to go about this? Just waltz on in there and apologize? I wish it were that simple. Kara hates me, that's no secret. I know there has to be some good inside of her. I know that she must like me, if only a little. That's all I want, I guess... jesus christ. I'm so stubborn.

Brad forcefully knocked on the door, gulping softly. "Alright Brad," he said under his own breath, "it's Showtime. Don't screw this up. This girl threw a bowling ball at you, so she doesn't exactly see you in the best of light. Just stay calm... just stay calm..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Village Harbor”