Give me a 'P'!

open! open! open!

Ah, the gym. It's the place where the nerdy population of the school get bombarded with dodgeballs, and the athletes flourish. The gym contains a weight room, various locker rooms, and other athletic fixtures.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"There's a difference between 'watching the girls' and 'watching the girls' Gabe. Don't take me for some stupid bimbo.. and that 'burger-steak' saying is just as retarded as the sad excuse you're trying to cough up right now," said Kara, cleary getting more and more angry as she went on. "Don't you understand how that makes me look infront of all them? 'Oh there goes Kara.. too bad her boyfriend can't keep his eyes to himself'! GRAHH!"

Stomping towards Gabes car, Kara threw open the door, sat inside and slammed it behind her. Tossing her bags in the backseat, she drew her knees to her chin resting it on them.

---------------

Courtney was pleased to hear that practice was over. In all fairness, she was feeling like crap all day with the recent news of her ex-boyfriend from France coming to visit. She was so distraught about it, she didn't even realize her cousin Kara left without her. Remembering quickly that she bought lunch today, Courtney knew she had some change for the bus.

Walking around the gym, she caught a eye of two boys sitting by the benches only a couple feet from where they were just practicing. The one boy looked like the same one that was talking to Kara before practice started. He had kept his eye mainly on her... something she wished would happen to herself. If anyone was getting attention, it was always her cousin Kara.

"Uh, Hi," she said, greeting the boys with a offer of a handshake. "I'm Courntey."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe stormed out to the car after Kara. His heart was heavy with a small bout of depression in knowing that there would be no way out of this one, yet at the same time he was pissed that she felt she could just take up this attitude whenever she felt like it. Not only that, her comments were turning into bullshit, and he felt only he could see it.

Oh there is no way she just accused ME of embarassing HER by looking at other people...

"Listen. I'm saying this now, and I'm saying this ONCE. For the sake of both our sanity, just drop it, ok? I'm tired, and I don't want to deal with this right now. Just... drop it. I don't want to be upset with you, and I don't want you to be upset at me. So please, can we not do this?"

He already knew what would happen before it would.

They never listen to the voice of reason. Always fuled by senseless emotions...

------------------------------------
((Continued from 8-Ball, Nasal Pocket))

Evan opened the heavy gym doors, his equipment bags safely stowed in the trunk of his car. "Gabe?" he said as he scanned the gymnasium quickly to find his friend. He noticed the cheerleaders practicing were dispersing, and caught glimpse of a couple of them straggling near the bleachers, so he made his way over. He caught sight of Kara's cousin, the cute one from the bonfire party that he'd been meaning to introduce himself to. But he immediately noticed she was already approaching some people of her own to talk to...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Random Comment: Southridge's mascot is stated as being the Rebels. Their rival school, Northside, has the Patriots as their mascot. Just to clear that up. ;-))).
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Courtney quickly withdrew her hand and patted down her skirt as to not look like she had just made a fool of herself. She did have a habbit of speaking softly since she wasn't use to talking in English all the time, so she figured that maybe the boys just didn't hear her. Courtney looked around the gym quick and noticed someone walking her way. He looked like the guy that Kara's boyfriend Gabe hung out with at the bonfire.

His name is E-something.. or was it A?

Quickly, Courtney waved him over, and pardoned herself from the two boys who probably didn't even notice her there.

"Have you seen Gabe or Kara? I think they were supposed to give me a ride home... but I'm pretty sure she just forgot or something."

--------------------

"You're retarded! Don't give me this stupid 'only going to tell you once' shit! What am I? You're little 3-year-old cousin or something? I'm you're girlfriend and you're being a huge jerk!"

That's right Kara, drive it home...

"Since that night you told me you loved me, I haven't looked at any other guy," cried Kara. "Yet here you are, only days later you're doing just that! Can you just take me home please."

Kara hadn't stopped checking out the boys since that night, but Gabe didn't need to know that. The fact of the matter was that Gabe had been starting to get a backbone and she didn't like that very much. It was like when a baby hit the terrible two's and you couldn't get them to do anything you wanted anymore.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Evan was a bit surprised to find Courtney talking to him. They hadn't known each other well, and she was (what he thought) engaged in conversation with two of the more "ghetto" boys, as Evan put it. Evan shot them a quick and uninterested glance, tipping his head only out of habit towards them.

"No, uh... I really haven't seen either of them. Gabe and I were going to meet up. I just had to put my shit in the trunk. Knowing him, your cousin has dragged him off somewhere to make out... forgive the mental picture... my bad. I'm sure you don't want to hear about that."

He was babbling. Girls did that to him sometimes. Though often quite sure of himself to the point of outright cockiness, Evan never really felt comfortable talking to girls. It wasn't like he's never been with girls, but the idea of talking to a new one made him a bit edgy.

"You want me to help you find them?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Gabe started his car, and shifted into reverse. He pulled slowly out of the school parking lot, completely encapsulated in his frustration of the moment.

Ignore her. Give her time, it'll fix itself. No sense in dragging this on. God, I just want to go home and lie down...

He stared ahead, completely transfixed on the road in silence. As soon as it seemed Kara was motioning to talk, he would turn his head to the side, as if checking for traffic patterns. Two minutes and a block away, he finally open his mouth.

"You know what Kara? I don't know why you always make me out to be this horrible monster. Nothing bad happened, and no damage has been done. Sometimes it feels like you just want to fight me over nothing. I don't need a lecture everytime I do something you don't agree with. I get that enough from my parents".

Ack, you've left it open. Now she's just going to retaliate by being louder and more offended. Is there no fucking end to this?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RePeate. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"I don't make you out to be the bad guy.. you're just stupid." Mumbled Kara as she reached to her bag for her purse. "Shit! Are you kidding me?" As Kara struggled with her seatbeat to losen it as much as possible, she tore open her bag and searched frantically for her purse.

"It's not here. We have to go back.... please."

------------------------

"Um, Sure." Piped Courtney taking one last glance around the gym. She was quite used to her cousin leaving her behind when it was in her own favour. The night they went to the bonfire, Kara sauntered off with this guy who wasn't even Gabe, leaving her to walk home in the dark, alone. It sucked always being sort of the third wheel to them. Kara was pretty, popular and basically seemed like she had it all. Courtney, herself, though she found herself to be good looking too, always seemed to be in the shadow of her family member.

"Lead the way."
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

"What, what is it now?" Gabe said, being very abrupt and impatient with Kara. "Don't tell me you forgot your cellphone again." He sighed a heavy sigh and pulled the car off the road to the right so he could do a U turn.

Arg, back to school. I just want to go home and sleep. I'm so damn tired today

He looked over at Kara, noticing she was still pissed, and so felt it would be best to keep his mouth shut the rest of the ride back.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Once Gabe was in the parking lot of near the gym where they first were before they left, Kara jumped out quickly making her way back to where the practice was calling Gabe to follow behind her. She passed the boy she just met, and noticed her cousin Courtney near by as well. Not even giving a nod hello, Kara quickly walked past and hurried to find her purse. As Kara continued to look for it, she realized she was wrong for getting so mad at her boyfriend.

"I'm sorry," She whispered. "Can you help me find my purse please? Maybe check by those benches?" Kara gave Gabe a reassuring kiss on the check before walking away to check the change rooms.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Troy probably was not paying attention to what Keiji replied, because not long after he'd started speaking, Gabe and Kara had gotten into a fight and stormed out. He'd wanted to go too, but he didn't feel like leaving the conversation just yet and besides, Kara was already "taken." As they were gone though, he actually started to worry for her, though not because she'd left cheerleading practice without a queen bee. He didn't bother to leave though, as it was probably a private moment that definitely didn't require intrusion.*

He watched the cheerleading squad until Kara suddenly walked back into the building looking rather intimidated. He half-reached out with an arm as she passed him, but she didn't take any notice. To him, she seemed...defeated. And he didn't realize what he'd done next until the words had already escape his mouth.

"Ya know, y'all shouldn't be treatin' yo' girl like dat," Troy said to Gabe in a tone of voice that he tried to match to a homey-to-homey sort of tone.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
RePeate†

Post by RePeate† »

Gabe hurried into the gym after Kara, a noticeable expression of stress on his face. He hated giving chase, but sometimes had no choice. Troy threw a comment his way, and caught him off guard. He stopped midway and gave up following Kara, turning to face Troy.

"Look man, it's not that, ok?" He checked to see she had gone into the changeroom, and continued while she was out of earshot. "She's being difficult. You know how chicks are..."

Gabe had no beef with Troy. The two of them had been on teams together in the past, and it was hard to be upset at someone who's had your back in times of importance. At times Gabe would find it hard to relate in any way to Troy. The way he talked, it just made him seem too "gangster" to relate to Gabe. Gabe was brought up very middle-class, and guys like Troy just weren't really part of his world. But he tolerated Troy at the very least because they had similar interests.

He'd caught Troy leering at Kara from time to time, but it was forgiveable. She was hot, and he was used to it. If he got pissed at everyone who'd eyed her, he'd have no friends left. Sometimes things would be easier for him if she wasn't dating him. But he loved her, and he wouldn't trade it for anything. The events of today were taxing on his mind, but he knew that these types of things happened in all relationships. Kara was his first serious girl, and he was going to keep her.

"Dude look, I'd love to stick around and talk about this, but I gotta fix some shit". He followed Kara to the changerooms, but stood outside the door while she went inside. Maybe he'd catch Troy on the way out.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Ay man, just don' start nuttin wit her, okay?" Troy replied as Gabe made his way to the locker rooms. He didn't want to follow, because he might have ended up in the girls' room and there were still a few girls who remembered him from his nerd days that he definitely didn't want to risk his reputation just yet (although to be fair, the pervert-nerd type was purely stereotypical.)

He sighed, having lost the opportunity for Kara, and turned back to Keiji, sometimes batting a glance at the other practicing cheerleaders.

((Summary: He can resume conversation with Keiji.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

((Brad Kavanagh continued from It's Good to be Back))

The Gym. In all of the Southridge High School, Brad Kavanagh always thought that it was so big compared to the whole campus. He always had that thought in mind whenever he had gym class. Hell, if it had larger locker rooms, it could have been the biggest building. Now, however, as Brad Kavanagh scanned the gym, all of it just seemed... small. The brunette let out a soft sight, propping his whole body up against the wall nearest to the door. The gymnasium was big, there was no denying that, but the size just didn't stick out as much as it used to. Brad wasn't too sure why he felt this way, nor did he really care. If he were to hazard a guess though, maybe this was all due to living in such an even larger confines for such a long time.

Brad Kavanagh spent most of his first day back at school trying to find some kids he actually remembered. Of course, his attempts were in vain, and he didn't actually meet up with anyone. In fact, the only person he saw was Gabriel McCallum, the only jock in all of Southridge he could remember getting along with. The two of them weren't exactly the best of friends, but Gabe wasn't the kind of asshole athlete Brad was always seen clashing with, quite the opposite in fact. Brad only saw a glimpse of the football player as he was walking away towards the changing rooms, so he wasn't even 100% sure if that was Gabriel to begin with, not to mention the chance of Gabe changing completely appearance-wise over the three months Brad has been gone for. Brad sighed under his own breath, propping his whole body against the wall next to the bleachers. Hell, if I knew that it was going to turn out like this, I would have just went to class.... Jesus Christ. I just wasted about six hours of MY life. Something I won't be getting back anytime soon.

He turned his attention towards two boys who, at least to him, seemed to stick out like sore thumbs. He took a very good look at the two, a silent bell ringing in Brad's head. Funny... one of those kids... looks really familiar. Can't imagine why. He brushed his brown hair back, out of his eyes again. The kid, who looked to be about the same age and height as Brad, was giving glances over to the cheerleaders as a rather muscular Asian kid looked on. For a brief second, Brad actually thought that he actually know who this mystery child is. Could that be... Nah. That kid can't be Troy... could it? No, Troy was scrawny, and this guy... this guy is built up. Can't possible be Troy.... no way in hell... Brad continued to stare for a brief moment, picking himself up off the wall, squinting his own eyes just a tiny bit. Then again... he DOES look kinda scrawny... Maybe... Brad let out another sigh, this time longer than the first.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Brad? Brad, is that you?" Troy was actually genuinely amazed when he finally recognized his classmate. "Deeeeamn, boy! You've changed since y'all went away!" It was evident by the smile on the pseudo-gangsta's face that Troy believed Brad's was a change for the better, if not for more respect.

Troy actually gained quite a bit of respect for Brad Kavanagh because of that jail time, even though it turned out Brad was innocent. Troy honestly believed that spending time in "tha joint" was a surefire way of earning gangsta "cred," and thankfully, it appeared that Brad took it like a man (whether he took it up like a man was beyond him) and didn't become a prison Aryan National. And hey, if a white boy like Eminem or Paul Wall could earn cred, why couldn't Brad?

"C'mon over herr, Brad! We've got a lotta catchin' up to do."
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"Brad? Brad, is that you? "Deeeeamn, boy! You've changed since y'all went away!"

Brad winced slightly at the mention of his name. Well, he knows my name... Jesus Christ, it IS him. He wanted to let out another loud sigh, but because he didn't want to be rude, especially to one of his old friends, so he hesitated. Damn... he said he was trying to make his life blacker, but I didn't think he would go crazy. Jesus, he looks completely different.

Jail life not only gave Brad somethings he couldn't have received from anywhere else (learning how to fight, for example), he also has had many experiences with different people. If TV was right about one thing, jail was a breeding ground for many groups, whether they be religious, racial or social. Brad never actually officially JOINED any of these clubs/cults/societies, but he had actually become rather friendly with most of them. One of which would have been the 'gangstas' (or the 'black' group, as one of his cellmates Jimmy would always call it). They had an actual name, but it was rarely used, and Brad never actually took the time to learn it.

Brad was a lucky bastard. Normally, if a white person were to even come near to just ONE of the 'gangstas', chances are that he won't be walking away without getting hurt. It should be rather obvious that white people weren't welcome in the 'gangstas' presence, but Brad had found a way. Sucking up to anyone in just the right way (as opposed to 'sucking', which Brad had never had to do during his time behind bars) will get you places. Not so much as being a complete and honest tool, but showing people respect and admiration. That was exactly what Brad did, and that was how he became respected by the 'gangstas'. Not many white people are lucky enough to say that they earned the respect of a jailhouse gang.

Now, as Brad listen to Troy, he noticed how he was both very similar and very different to the 'gangstas'. Troy had the loud, black voice that many of the black gangsta's were known for, but.... Brad wasn't too sure. Maybe it was because HE KNEW what Troy was like before he turned gangsta. Troy could have been a character straight out of Revenge of the Nerds back before Brad had left. Brad was the kind of nerd who could have been jock or a prep if he wanted to, so whenever he actually looked at Troy, he felt sad for him. Troy was a respectable, upstanding student who always got on Honor Roll with ease (Brad always barely made it onto the list), so he knew the kid was an intellectual equal to him. Yet... Brad always looked down at Troy, and he never knew why.

Troy was the kind of person who no one would ever expect to turn 'street'. Yet it happened. Brad was as surprised as anyone else could have been. Troy was a full-fledged black gangster now. The pity Brad always had for the boy just flew out the window.

"C'mon over herr, Brad! We've got a lotta catchin' up to do."

Brad picked himself off of the wall, brushing his hair out of his eyes. "Oh... Hey, Troy." Brad managed to say, at last, slowly making his way over to his old friend. "It's been a hell of a long time, hasn't it?" Brad put on a smile that (at least to him) seemed half-forced. He really wanted to say 'You look... different', but decided against it, trying his best not to sound rude whatsoever. What have I got to lose? I bet he's the same, old Troy I used to know... his voice is different. Yeah, that's it. He's still Troy, no matter how I look at it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Kara proceeded to look around the girls change room only to not find her phone anywhere.

Where the hell did I put it? I changed.. put away the stuff... grabbed my bag... and my ce- crap.

"Gabe, babe.." Kara hollered as she moved back to where he was. "Never mind, lets go. I'm sorry." Fearing the 'walk of shame' back through the gym and to the car infront of everyone, she decided to make a game of it. "Tag. You're it." and with that, Kara dashed out to his car.. hoping that his football training wouldn't kick in and end up her tackled on the ground.

-----------------------------------

You know, Evan is kinda cute...
but.. your boyfriend is coming soon... w
ell.. Ex-boyfriend
sure.. but he's still coming.. is it fair to oogle at another guy? Of course is it.. you're single now! What is he doing coming to see you anyways?
He loves you remember?
Pfft... lame.. he's got something up his sleeve... Come on, go for it.. say something... you're looking stupid..
I thought you liked that football player.. Nigel
She can have her pie and eat it too!

"Um, do you see them?"

Courtney was beginning to become a bit uncomfortable walking around with Evan and not being able to find her cousin or Gabe. She felt awkward because there was nothing she could come up to say without seeming needy or desprite.. then again.. ignoring him probably didn't seem all that well either.

"I.. uh.. like music."

Oh smooth.

Return to “Southridge Gymnasium”