This subforum is for discussion of Season 67. It is a general, catch-all forum, and thus allows for spoilers. Do not waste our time with fan works or predictions; those have boards of their own.
bloodytearz666

season 67 conclusion

Post by bloodytearz666 »

so like, season 67 is finally over... it felt like that last arc was dragging on forever... i dunno why there were so many delays in the air-dates... but whatever... we're here now...

what do you guys, like, think...

who was your favorite survivor..?

i liked Luanne... we really live in a society, you know..?
Knight-Commander

Post by Knight-Commander »

Ah, well it seems that I have once again bet on the wrong horses and come out of the season with hands empty. Though I deeply respect the efforts of all involved to make it through the grueling experience of surviving a given season, I have found that unfortunately none of those that survived managed to particularly attract my attention via their exploits. I suppose that Luanne probably managed to provide the greatest degree of new spin to the season by managing to managing to survive the games through more uncommon means, helping to provide a bit of a shakeup for the overall structure of the season and helping to give it an identity separate from the previous couple.

For what it's worth, I also enjoyed seeing the team mechanics finally pay off. If only I had been more drawn to Ivan or Oliva's personal struggles within the game. Unfortunately, while Olivia seemed a sympathetic sort, Ivan's general demeanor and approach to the game was quite alienating. In general, I'm not sure that the dynamic he had with Fisk and his friends didn't detract from the proper tactical considerations of the game. I'm sure some viewers were impressed with the curveball of Fisk rejecting the team system and Ivan meeting force with force by killing Giselle, but with hindsight I'm not sure I really like seeing players go on these ego trips and attempt to outright ignore the rules of the game. I similarly felt this way in the latter stages of Anthony's game, considering his contentious relationship with his mentor and all.

Honestly, I find myself plagued with a sort of melancholy now that the season has reached its conclusion. Perhaps I need more time to think on it.
DarkLordPain

Post by DarkLordPain »

This season was pretty fucking basic. Called Seo-yun getting the 10 and called Ivan surviving once it got to final 10. The meta of the game's getting real fucking predictable at this point and you got to wonder what the producers are gonna do to change things up. Otherwise, shit's gonna go downhill.
"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong"