With

Phase 1 (0-12 Hours)

The seawater swimming pool was built later in the town's life as a seafront amenity for those not engaged in the fishing trade. A large stone construction that captures the seawater as the tide recedes, the pool was initially popular with the locals, although they soon became bored of its cold waters and it rarely saw use except on the hottest days. Eventually the town gave up on maintaining it, and it has become choked with seaweed while thick patches of algae along the stone walkways makes traversing it treacherous if done without care. Despite all of this, the view of the Dragon's Tooth from the end of the pool wall is still one of the most magnificent in town.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

With

Post by MurderWeasel »

((Mina Mashall continued))

"Jesus Christ.

"I, um, I...

"I think...

"Jesus.

"I think I need a moment. Jesus."

"I, uh, I think I'm... I think...

"I'm okay. I think I'm okay. I'm going to be okay I think. I just... What the fuck. I don't...

"I don't understand it. I don't understand any of it. I don't know how they could all just, just go and do this. I don't...

"Wait, fuck. Uh, hey, this is Mina again, hey. Hi. Hello. So I'm, I think I'm okay but I just saw some really, really fucked up things, and I don't... and I guess I'm just still processing it some. It's just, you know, I knew about what this all was, but I...

"Someone shot at me, you know. Earlier. Someone shot at me, after I left KeKe. I went to some of the houses and someone shot at me. I think they only shot once. I don't know, maybe they weren't even aiming at me, or maybe they chickened out or something, and they missed, but it's just... it hurts, you know? You probably know. I mean, I assume you've been through some stuff yourself, right? I mean, I hope you have, no offense, just because I don't want to die—I don't want to have died really fast, and I think sooner or later we're all going to have to deal with some... with some...

"H-hang on a... hang on a sec. I think I might be about to, I think, I...

"I'm alright. It's okay.

"So, so anyways, it's just sort of... it's personal, you know? It's, I'm sorry, I'm just going on but I think if I stop talking I might throw up. It's personal, because it's impersonal, right? Because this... this person I went to school with, I don't know, maybe someone I was friends with, or someone who hated me, or whatever, but they tried to kill me just like that. I don't even know who did it, and... and I guess that hurts because there's so, so much that all comes together and makes someone what they are, and just to throw that all away for, for whatever reason you feel like you have, it's... I don't know. It's just it's personal because it's me, you know?

"I don't know. You probably don't care. And if you killed me, I mean, yeah, that's personal too I think, but you did what you did and I won't go on and on about that. Let's move past it, okay? If you killed me, that is what it is and we can't change that. But like...

"I hope you didn't make it too messy, or hurt too much. I don't know why, but seeing, seeing my—seeing bodies, dead bodies lying around all torn up and cut open and, it's just horrible, because they were people. You see someone's guts torn out and you have to think, you know, that was a real person. Someone spent a lot of their life raising that person, feeding them when they were a baby, brushing their—brushing their hair and rubbing their shoulders and holding them, and those... those lips, someone kissed them and now they're just so much, they're just...

"And they're going to just lie there and get picked apart, rot and fall apart, and when they get picked up they'll probably be full of maggots and, and...

"They told me not to come here. I, haha, I, well, I don't really like doing what people tell me. It's just, you know, people tell you so many things and, and a lot of them are just bullshit, or people make things sound worse than they are, or they're so vague. If you want someone not to get curious, just don't be so vague. They should've known I'd want to come and, you know?

"So okay, I'm going to try to not do the same to you, I mean, if you don't already know. Don't go to the pool. There are, well, there are a lot of dead people there. Some of them are pretty torn up and it's... and it hasn't even been a day. How can it be like this when it hasn't even been a day?

"Anyways, anyways, what was I? Okay, wait, okay, I think I was telling you what happened. So I left KeKe and I went and I got shot at, and I found Marion Williams and Kassandra... and Kassandra, you know, the big girl from, um, she's not white? She's, fuck, what's her last name?

"Anyways, Kassandra and Marion, they told me not to come here, well, here to the pool, I'm not, you know, I'm not right there anymore, I don't think I ever want to see that again, but I'm still nearby and, okay. Okay.

"So we ran because we thought whoever started shooting was coming, but they didn't chase us. It was hard because Marion got locked in handcuffs somehow. And we finally got somewhere quiet and then someone just threw a chair through a window and started smashing things, and I told Kassandra and Marion to run away, but I didn't think that we were in much danger, just, you know, have to be sure. You have to be sure if it's other people who could get hurt. I said we'd meet at the market, but then, well. Then I didn't go there right away.

"I just needed some time to think about things. Maybe I still do. I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know why I'm doing this. If I'm dead, who cares about anything? I'm just trying to make myself feel better because I'm stupid and pathetic and...

"I'm sorry. It was just, I wasn't—I don't know. What I saw was, it was upsetting, and I think I need some time. I think I need to get away from here.

"I'll talk to you soon, okay?"

((Mina Mashall continued))

Return to “Seawater Pool (Prologue)”