Fear and Loathing in Tiki Land

The Cabanas are located just off of the beach front, offering a breathtaking view of the ocean and facing the glorious sunset. Each rosewood Cabana is designed to bring the flavour of the Caribbean to you; with a plate glass sliding door, bamboo furniture, and dim mood lighting. The Cabanas vary in size depending on function: family cabanas feature two bedrooms and sleeping arrangements for four, while couples can enjoy our deluxe queen sized beds and cozier models.
Iceblock

Post by Iceblock »

There were a lot of things that Caroline wanted to say, and she would have said them. She would have just gone on and continued trying to poke holes in his plan all day, just like she had done with Dee's. If there was anything about his little speech that riled her the most, it was the suggestion that she had doubts, no, that she should have some doubts about her friends' loyalty.

Nuh uh. No way. Absolutely no way. Scarlet Devil Mansion didn't break up just because they were on SOTF. She wouldn't let them. They needed her, and, perhaps more importantly... she needed them.

What stopped her from retorting right back was that Paisley was suddenly not okay - didn't look okay, didn't even sound okay.

Caroline wondered, for a moment, whether it was for the same reasons as her own.

Instinctively, she moved closer to Paisley.

"Matt," she said, using the name Paisley had given for him. Her eyebrows dropped low on her face as she inclined her head towards the other girl, her eyes darting from Matt to Paisley and back again. "All right. Just hold off for a moment."

This wasn't the team she wanted. But she wasn't about to let it fall apart.
This signature intentionally left blank.
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

"Paisley-!" Pia was out of her chair and at Paisley's side before she could really register what was going on, and she had to take a minute to remember to point her gun at the floor.

Was it Matt's plan or Pia's agreement that sparked this? Just stress bubbling to the surface? God, Pia didn't know how to handle freakouts or how to help someone when they were like this.

She looked helplessly at Caroline, her momentary confidence when facing Matt all but gone. "I think-" She broke off, swallowed hard, tried again. "Pais, look, sit down. Okay? Just- Just calm down and you can talk to your guy, okay?"

Pia took a deep breath. "No offense Shady, but I think we might need some girl time. If ya don't mind?" She didn't know what she'd do if he refused. It wasn't like she thought he was completely heartless, but he didn't know Paisley like she and Caroline did and the less unknown factors that they had until Paisley calmed down, the better.

She tentatively reached out to rub Paisley's shoulder. "Look, just, I dunno, have a seat and give us some deep breaths, okay?"
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Ramón Feuntes continued from Tales to Tells))

So theoretically he was looking for Rose Foxes. Setting aside that Rose was possibly the worst, least intimidating possible colour that Ramón could think of, he had no real idea what that would mean. He was guessing that the teams were randomised though, wouldn't make much sense from a... sigh, dramatic perspective if you aligned people in specific groups. Probably more trouble than it was worth, too.

Non-theoretically, Ramón had no earthly idea who he was looking for. Did he have friends here? He was torn between hoping that, yes, there were people that he could rely on, trust implicitly, and hoping that hell no! Why wish this on anyone just because he was feeling lonely? Better that nobody he was friends with had been picked out of Davison, so no-one had to, well...

Die.

Maybe there was some chance of that. Those girls back on the beach hadn't even been from the same part of the country as he was. They'd known each other though... hardly likely that he just happened to be the one random that came from New Mexico.

The snow showed signs of being disturbed as Ramón walked up towards the semi-circle of houses, or cabanas he supposed. They looked nice enough, not really his thing. Still, the ground coverage wasn't deep, but enough for him to be able to tell that people had been passing through here. How recently? He hadn't the faintest clue; Aragorn he was not.

Someone - a girl - screaming from a nearby building filled in that detail.

Ramón froze. It had been faint, but his ears hadn't been playing tricks on him, someone had screamed. Panic? Anger? It was difficult to tell and it was gone as abruptly as it had arrived. You didn't just shout like that without good reason, and in this case, most of the reasons springing to mind were life-threatening.

The Raptor was in Ramón's hand. He didn't move. Going to investigate wouldn't be smart.

Turning away wouldn't be right.

Steps at first, but then picking up pace and breaking into a run, Ramón dashed for the building. In a matter of seconds, he'd leapt the steps, skidding to a halt right outside the door, narrowly avoiding bumping his shoulder straight into it. Shit, glass!

Ramón ducked away to the side. He'd had enough time to see dark shapes within. People, more than two, at that. What was going on here?
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

((Sorry this took so long, guys! I was busy reading City of Bones and hoooo boy do I love that book. It's all about these crazy supernatural murderer people and there's a crazy ass twist involving someone being a sibling and it's absolutely fantastic! I love it a lot - it reminds me of Twilight and The Hunger Games because all three of those series are tangentially connected due to the fact that they're all aimed at a similar age group - and I guess people who like supernatural stuff? I'm not a huge fan most of the time. I mean, I am, but not super involved.))

At Pia's statement, Matt rose to his feet, rolling his

((Oh yeah and it's a really neat writing style, too.))

At Pia's statement, Matt rose to his feet, rolling his neck on his shoulders as he weighed his options. It would be better for Paisley if he left, probably - kept her in the company of girls who knew her. The way she wildly glanced around the room had him twitchy, nervous - like she was looking for ghosts.

Or viewers.

Neither was exactly comforting.

"If she means our mentor, she can only talk to him once every twelve hours," he said, "but she can probably talk to him through - Caroline, was it? - her collar. I'll step outside."

He didn't take the gun - left it with them as a symbol of trust. Shoving his hands into his jean pockets, he walked out the front door, turned to the left, and froze.

There was a boy with a gun on the porch.

Slowly, Matt raised his hands to his sides, palms facing Ramón.

"Hi."
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

Paisley opened her mouth to speak, to tell Pia that she was fine, to reassure her. What came out could only be described as a high-pitched whimper, like a tiny dog, and that's when she knew she was not fine, not at all. She shut her mouth, gave a nod and did what she was told.

Numerous seats littered the Cabana but Paisley chose the wall. Her back thumped, her knees buckled and she slid down. She dropped the rifle, moving her hand to tug at her bandanna, digits dancing across the surface of the metal cage that surrounded her neck.

Pia told her to try deep breathing. Paisley swallowed, inhaled, 1, 2, 3, exhaled.

A calm breeze flowed through her mind, the skies clear despite the approaching storm. Paisley crawled into the furthest recesses of her mind, just like she did earlier in the day. She thought long and hard, eliminated the impossible, accepting whatever remained no matter how improbable. She came to terms with her situation. She knew what was expected of her. No room for doubt.

Deep breathing did not help. The breeze left her mind and buried deep into her bones.

"He's not answering Pia." Monotone, forlorn, defeated. "Eli won't answer me. I screwed up, Pia. I really screwed up."

She was a imbecile, using her only lifeline to tell her what she already knew. How could she shoot herself in the foot like that? Paisley was an idiot and she knew it.

"Tucker," she hiccuped, "Tucker's out there somewhere, Pia. What, what if...?"

The flames in her belly licked at her heart and it caused a shiver. Something in her throat clenched her tongue, stranglehold, so tight that she could not speak. Not to herself, not to her friend. Lord knows it was irrational but she couldn't force herself to face the truth. She understood it but she didn't want to believe it.

Paisley closed her eyes. Matt spoke from outside but it was abhorrent and she did not listen. She pulled her knees to her neck, lifted her head to the ceiling, tried and failed to choke back the tears. Lord, she was such a baby.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Suddenly Eli's voice emerged from Caroline's collar.

"Hello Caroline I don't think we've spoken yet but I'm your mentor Eli.
Paisley you've done good to find two of the team. What else do you need help with?"
Namira

Post by Namira »

Ramón's heart raced. He was trying to figure out what had happened; what he'd seen and what he'd heard didn't seem to match up properly. Someone certainly had screamed, which meant they'd either been reassured, or silenced. Multiple figures were inside though - the girl had been shocked to see someone there, screamed, turned out to be noone harmful? Or... two people had ambushed said girl and she'd only had time to scream before...

Ramón swallowed, started to straighten, and a figure stepped right out onto the porch. Tall, muscular, blonde, and with his hands stuck in his pockets. Ramón felt that he recognised the face, but stressed, worried, unsure what had happened here, he couldn't place it.

The two of them stood there for a second. The other boy raised his hands in something of a warding motion, said 'hi'. Ramón just looked back. This didn't seem like a person who had recently butchered someone else, if only because he wasn't covered in blood, or anything like that.

"Heard a scream. Know anything about that?"
Iceblock

Post by Iceblock »

When Pia did what Caroline couldn't, immediately rushing over to Paisley, Caroline let a hint of a smile appear.

They were friends, good friends. Better friends than Caroline was with either of them. That was pretty obvious. When the first instinct was to rush over, even on SOTF... If it was Anzu, or Sarah, or Val, Caroline would have been there in a second, just like this.

Or perhaps not. Almost unbidden, Caroline remembered, saw Val in her mind's eye, crying. And what had she done? Hid.

No wonder Vincent hadn't understood. And she had no doubt that he was probably a shitty friend - he was an asshole, you know - but he understood that friends were supposed to be there for each other. Tear streaks or not. Helpless or not - didn't Pia look so helpless there, trying to comfort Paisley when she had no idea what was going on? But she had still done it.

Logic and reasons. Caroline had them, sure. But all the rationalizing, all the little speeches she'd given herself after the fact - the gut instinct now finally washed them all away.

She had done the wrong thing.

She had made a mistake, leaving Val alone like that. She was willing to admit that to herself now, if not to anyone else.

Then, her collar spoke, and it surprised her, even though she tried not to let it show. Eli introduced himself. All Caroline did was nod slightly in response. It was really Paisley that he was there for, to give advice, to congratulate for finding members of her team.
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

Paisley opened her eyes. She shot up almost immediately. The tears in her eyes evaporated. Paisley smiled, honest and unabashed.

Her body moved and her mind had to play catch up.

She leaped from the floor and made a beeline towards Caroline. Brushing a clump of her hair over her shoulder, she bent awkwardly at the knees, straight into Caroline's collar. The whole thing looked slightly awkward.

"Eli! I'm here!" She sighed, relieved. "Is Tucker okay? My brother, is he okay?"

... the chances of Tucker even being on the same team seemed either very likely or highly unlikely. Pessimism won out. ...

Her smile lasted only a minute. She went back to frowning, much harder than before.

"Eli, is he on my team?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Eli's voice emerged from Caroline's collar again. This time he sounded apologetic.

"I can tell you he's ok. But I can't tell you if he's on your team. Just stay with Caroline and Matt and try to find the others. Then we can work on getting you all out as a team."
Iceblock

Post by Iceblock »

Sorry, Eli, she thought when her collar went silent again. Sorry, Paisley.

There was hope. For Paisley, and for Tucker, and for her team - the one that the producers had assigned her.

Paisley was still close, and Caroline acted out of instinct again, this time drawing her into a hug. Too personal, perhaps, too risky for her image, too many things that were pushed to the back of her mind and willfully forgotten.

"It'll be all right, Paisley," she said, her voice soft.

She felt guilty.

Matt had gone out to the front porch a while ago now, leaving them alone. She didn't feel like disturbing him. But perhaps explanations were warranted. Perhaps she should tell him that she believed in the plan now, now that he had stopped trying to convince her, now that she saw how close Pia and Paisley were. Perhaps she should tell him what she was going to do next.

No need. Paisley could pass on her excuses; Pia would know why.

Gently, Caroline disengaged herself. Moved over to the back door of the cabana, turning back slightly to face them when she got there.

"I know you guys can do it. If his plan's what you want to do... You can win.

"Stay together," she said, her eyes moving between the two of them. "Stay safe."

Caroline had never intended to stay.

((Caroline Leveson continued in Take That Money, Watch It Burn))
The Honeless Beard

Matt glanced back towards the house, casual, natural, his sunglasses fixed to his nose. He didn't respond at first, calculating, weighing.

Three bears, three guns, was his thought.

"Yeah, she's in there," he said, nodding toward the little cabana, "did you want to see her? She's probably from your school."

He stepped aside, the doorway open, watching Ramón.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

Pia let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding when Matt walked out. Paisley was all over the place, up and down almost before anyone could blink, and it took Pia a moment to catch up with it all.

Tucker, Paisley's brother, was here with them. Maybe not on the same team. Probably not, if there were as many teams as last time. But teams weren't everything, regardless of what Matt said. The fact that Pia was here among all of the brown bandannas spoke to that.

She stepped forward as Caroline moved away and laid her hands on Paisley's shoulders. She glanced at Caroline. "You take care." She couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Hey, Pais. Look. I know what Shady said and I know what I said, but I got your back on this one, okay?" She swallowed. "I meant what I said. I'm gonna see if I can make it work. But I'm not crazy and I'm not stupid, and I'm not gonna run around shooting at everything that moves."

She looked Paisley in the eyes, serious and sincere. "Some people are gonna be off-limits. Tucker's one of 'em. I promise."
Namira

Post by Namira »

This guy, and Ramón was still sure he recognised him from somewhere, was shifty.

No explanation of the scream, no fixed identity. Just 'she' is in there. Just 'Did you want to see her?'. His gut was doing repeated somersaults over itself. Nothing about this rang properly to him, and Ramón wasn't completely certain of why.

Then... if this guy knew why the screaming had happened, why not reassure Ramón that it hadn't been anything major?

Then... if this guy knew who had been screaming, why not tell Ramón her name, provide the detail?

Then... hold on. 'His', school?

Ramón recognised him. He was from Davison. He was definitely definitely from Davison.

Wool was being pulled over Ramón's eyes.

Nonetheless he stepped up to the doorway. The pair of figures from before resolved themselves into people. Armed people. No signs of violence, or anything that might have provoked a scream.

Trap.

Ramón spun to his right and threw his entire body at the liar, shoulder low, driving into the torso. His other hand beneath, pressing the gun barrel against body.

Pulling the trigger.
The Honeless Beard

Matt recognized the blunder too late, recognition failing to catch up with impulse as Ramon stepped to the doorway. He opened his mouth to backpedal, to explain, even as he stepped towards the other boy, looking to grab the gun.

He saw the instant that the other dude tensed, saw Pia and Paisley, saw weapons.

Matt wasn't given much room to pivot, to escape. This wasn't like Vahka, with lots of warning and even more space to duck and weave. Ramon threw himself into him, and his call of Pia! ejected from his lungs in a grunting bark, stumbling backwards with the contact.

A gunshot and searing white hot pain ran and red pooled and mixed with his green sweater and he dropped like a sack of potatoes and his sunglasses fell off meaning the world was suddenly brighter and clearer and he should be thinking of what to do next or what the next play was or how to make this situation a W but all he could think was fuck this hurt and holy shit this is dying and was I just shot by some random fucking asshole what a scrub way to leave this goddamn game and fuck this fucking hurt why am I not in shock they said that I'd go into shock and that he just gave up a free kill.

A free kill.

"Pia, Paisley!" he roared, bloody hand smacking the brown porch desperately. If Pia got him before Ramon, they'd be one step closer.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers

Return to “Cabana Cul de Sac”