I like my ladies like my coffee

Black and Sweet~ [OPEN]

Sunshine Tower is a 100 metre tall tower that is located near the centre of the resort area. The towers purpose is for guests of the resort to be able to get a panoramic view of the bay area itself. The top of the tower also has a gift shop with many racks and shelves displaying cliché gifts such as postcards, picture frames and tacky models of the tower for visitors to buy. Normally the easiest route to the top of the tower is by the glass elevator the runs its height. However it has been disabled, so the only way to the top is via a long, spiralling staircase.
Bikriki*

I like my ladies like my coffee

Post by Bikriki* »

CS2: LISA TONER, START

Lisa woke up.

That is a thing that happened, quite often so. Just like things such as "Lisa breathed", "Lisa ate" or her personal favorite, "Lisa pooped". However, this time, her awakening was special.

Granted, one could spend much blood and ink to describe how the first minutes of her time in SotF were, but all these little details were useless and unimportant in the long run.

She woke up. And now she stood at the windows of the Sunshine Tower and looked over the area. It probably - no, certainly - looked better in the summer, but the lack of alternative activities made her appreciate the view. Sure, she could go downstairs, but the elevator was disabled and the staircase looked just a bit too long for her taste, thus she decided to stay at the tower and look out of the window.

After a few minutes that became boring too, and she decided to undress so that she could try on her... "fanservice" costume.

She didn't really care that she was standing in the open, naked and vulnerable.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Bikriki. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

GH4: YAGMUR TEKINDOR, START

The details of how Yagmur woke up were by and large meaningless. It didn't make for thrilling television. He woke up groggily, like a bad hangover, something he wasn't that used to. He knew his limits with alcohol, after all, but this headache and mild nausea reminded him of the hangovers of his younger days.

Then, he was angry. He kicked the walls, growled at the cameras, and then sat down.

Then, the gravity of his situation sunk in. Sitting in the corner, he allowed himself to cry for a few minutes in fear and frustration, making sure to conceal his tears from the cameras, looking to the viewers at home like he was merely deep in thought and anger.

Once he'd cleared his head of all the required silent tantrums and teeth-gnashing, he decided to pragmatically check what was on him (a condom and a gun being the most interesting items, a map and a first aid kit he would check later when bored).

There was not enough food, he observed grimly. The Skittles did not even register as food. A Subway sandwich and some Slim Jims was the only meat in sight. For the vegetarians, some saltines and some presumably-shitty gluten free bread, perfect for those unfortunate suckers with a gluten intolerance and health freaks who bought into the latest fad diets, but not for him. Fucking great, like he would get enough strength on that subpar bullshit. He wasn't exactly a devout follower of balanced diets, but this wasn't enough in terms of calories, let alone the other nutritional stuff that people rambled on about.

The brands on the items were prominently displayed. Probably the sign of a lucrative product placement deal. For the first time, Yagmur, with reddened eyes and a frustrated scowl concealing his shattered emotional state, looked at the camera. He mentally promised to insult each and every one of these brands. Product placement could backfire, a lesson Yagmur was willing to teach these fuckers.

He was in the backroom of a gift shop, a storage room of some kind. The bright colours of the tacky souvenirs were pissing him off, and he kicked a box of them, probably sourced from some sweatshop somewhere, to the ground, before opening the door. With his bag over his shoulder and his gun in his hand, he saw a girl at the window as he walked in. A dark-skinned girl, on the larger side. He didn't know her.

"Hello?" he called out, more brusquely than would have been polite.
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

"Oh, so you were the one causing all this noise. Do you think this looks good on me?"

Lisa made a 360 degree turn to present her 1920-style swimsuit. Odd enough, Lisa liked herself in this, a thought she was surprised to have. But well, that is how the world was, no? One second you are walking to school minding your own business and then you are suddenly at SotF wearing fashion from the past.

Sadly, she wouldn't be able to actually swim with it. Then she wondered briefly whether she could go to the toilet with them.

She looked into the eyes of the strong guy with the gun.

"By the way, my name is Lisa."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Bikriki. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

"Uhhh....I guess?" Truth be told, Yagmur didn't much care for it either way, a view that was all too obvious in his deadpan tone. He was surprised how calm and absent-minded this girl was about the whole state of affairs. He had a healthy respect for stoicism, a respect he intended to put into practice now he'd gotten all the fears and tears about never seeing his family or friends again or fulfilling his life ambitions or (he stopped that train of thought dead in its tracks), but this wasn't stoicism.

It was stupidity.

"Where did you get that outfit, anyway?" he asked, raising his eyebrow, his curiosity getting the better of him.
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

"You do realize I was asking for your name, indirectly?"

Lisa sighed and dramatically shaked her head. Instead of her answer she got a question, and in her opinion, a stupid one.

"See my bag over there? This was in there so I figured it's mine now.

Anyway..."

She looked at her visitor again, this time carefully inspecting his skin and his... poor facial hair. He, in the strangest way, reminded her of that odd game she once had on her smartphone. It was called "Pou", and was pretty much just a piece living piece of not-shit that she had to care after and could customize.

"So, I think I call you Pou-chan anyway."
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

"You call me that and I will kill you."

It was an exaggeration, but he hoped he could shut this stupid woman up with a threat like that. He was familiar with Pou - his brother was a sucker for those shitty games, possibly the only entertainment medium Yagmur preferred SOTF-TV to. "My name is Yagmur. Yag-mur. Can you say it?" he asked, patronisingly, sneeringly, making sure that, as he shifted his body slightly to try and improve his posture and get both more comfortable and threatening, Lisa could see his gun.

"Are you familiar with the rules of this game? I never watched it myself," he said, matter-of-factly.
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

"Yag-Murrrrrrrrrrr. Got it."

Lisa bend forwards, stomping her hands into her hips. Now, however, Yagmur had a much better look at her cleavage.

"I am going to interpret your posing with that gun as some weird-ass metaphor for gaining a boner."

She could not hide a smirk as she prided herself on her own remark.

"And of course I watch this, god, everybody does. So, here is rule number one; If you go around threatening to shoot people, you will die. Quickly. I read it in some smart article! Second, strenght lies in teams, it is always good to have someone to cover your back. Well, at least now, I guess. That changes in late-game, but that's not here yet anyway."
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

He was not impressed. At all.

He looked at this girl with a mixture of pity, contempt, and annoyance. She lacked the charm and wit of most other irritants Yagmur had encountered, either in fiction or in his ordinary life. She had a smug, unbearable attitude, an overinflated opinion of herself, and probably subscribed to pseudo-science or some nanny state political beliefs to boot (annoying traits tended to congregate, Yagmur had found).

Trying to reassert his control over the situation and maintain his respectable posture, he paused for a few seconds, before replying in his most stoic voice. "If I had a boner, you would be able to see it through my pants. As you cannot, that means I do not have one." Hoping to establish that he was not one for flowery metaphors, he continued "I don't much go for metaphors. I prefer to just say what I'm thinking, without trying to hide it up with cowardly literary techniques and other such bullshit."

"I also don't much go for SOTF-TV. Overhyped bullshit, backed up by government corruption and mindless fans." Yagmur looked at the camera, making it very clear to both viewers and show producers that he would not shy from insulting them. "But I know how to get my hands dirty and I know how to not die easily. I have eighteen years experience of not dying, but the problem is so does everyone else." He shrugged his shoulders, feeling it was too early to get bogged down in the game's brutal realities and tactical and moral dilemmas.

"So, I guess you can see my rolled weapon. What was yours?"

Full disclosure from potential allies was something he wanted.
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

"...fine."

After regaining proper posture, Lisa cleared her throat as she took in what Yagmur said. To be fair, most of it didn't really register with her anyway and was gone from her mind as quickly as it came.

"Uh, I am not sure, I think I got something to eat."

She turned her back to Yagmur and wandered over to her own bag to open it and take out her "weapon". The sight was pleasing her, to make it an understatement.

"It's baconnaise! Well, that lights up my day by quite a lot of levels."

Again she turned around, now back to Yagmur and proudly presented the baconnaise.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

His opinion of Lisa swiftly changed.

Baconnaise was a poor man's bacon substitute. He wasn't a devout Muslim or Jew, he wasn't a vegetarian, he wasn't upset at the death of pigs, he wasn't living in a time of bacon shortages. He had no need for bacon substitutes. He had always had bacon.

Until now.

There was no bacon in his rations. Not even a sandwich with bacon slices (the Subway had turkey, a meat but not on the same level as bacon), or a bag of bacon bits, or even one of those McDonald's salads that had a teasingly few amount of bacon slices to distract you from the clump of lettuce it otherwise was. He could do for a bacon substitute.

"Lisa, I would like to propose an alliance. An alliance of practicality, let's not delude ourselves into thinking we would be friends outside of this scenario," Yagmur began, his tone brusque and business-like but his eyes with a glimmer of excitement at getting some comfort in this shithole. He wanted to taste bacon one more time before he died, after all, having only had a meagre two slices as part of his breakfast. "I will provide protection; I'm sure you will agree my gun is a better weapon than your fists, and my physique and manner is more intimidating than yours. We will split the baconnaise. That's your part of the bargain."
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

Lisa looked at the baconnaise. Then at Yagmur. Then at the baconnaise. Yagmur again.

This was not exactly what she expected to happen, so she was understandably a bit dumb-founded.

After a few seconds the words Yagmur fully sank in. And she liked them. Protection, from someone as strong-looking and well-armed as Yagmur? And the only thing she'd have to do is to share some of her bacon substitute? Granted, as much as she loved bacon as the next guy, it was something she could easily depart from given how much she gains in return.

"Dea- wait."

Where's the catch? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Why would Yagmur base such a decision on bacon alone? Actually, maybe he was just really dumb. That seems to fit the idea she had of him anyway.

"Nevermind. Deal!"
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

((Gabriel Munez Continued From Forgive Me For My Synapses))

The big-ass tower in the center of the island had seemed like a good place to go. He could get a good view of the whole place from the top, maybe scope out somewhere to hole up until danger-zones started or spot somewhere that might have useful shit. It was a damn good plan. A winner's plan.

At least until he had to climb the fucking thing. At first he thought he could just catch a ride on the elevator, but of course they'd broken it. He considered turning back, but fuck it, he'd already come this far, right?

By the time he reached the top he was panting. He paused in the stair-well to catch his breath and cop a squat. While he leaned against the wall, he heard what sounded like two people talking. He actually recognized one of the voices as Lisa. She wasn't too bad. The guy talking to her mentioned something about a gun. Maybe a bigger gun than Gabe's. If he was in a negotiating mood, he might be able to work this angle. Keeping around some people who didn't want to murder him might be a smart idea.

He slowly strode up behind them and tapped the doorway with his pistol. "Knock knock. If you're lookin' to make a team, I might have an application for ya."
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Unfortunately, the words "Lite" were on the Baconnaise jar.

Light was a wonderful word. It carried connotations of good, of happiness, of purity, of ease, of comfort. Yagmur wasn't a sappy man, but he appreciated the importance of light in the world. Lite, on the other hand, was one of the most vile words in the English language. He despised it. One could ruin even the happiest thing in the world, such as bacon or alcohol, by adding that awful four letter word at the end.

He couldn't conceal his grimace, but it would have to do. He wasn't desperate and petty enough to destroy a deal over Lite.

If he was to die here, he would do it with the taste of bacon on his tongue.

A knock at the door. He reached for his gun instinctively, placing his left hand around the grip, twirling around to face the door.

Tentatively, he replied. "Come in, slowly. You alone?"
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

Suddenly Yagmur was making a grimace and Lisa had no idea what his deal was until she saw the word 'Lite' herself.

At this point she decided that he could have all the baconnaise.

However, there was a visitor to be taken care of first. Lisa recognized the voice, and gave Yagmur a stinky eye when he welcomed Gabriel in such a gruff manner.

"Heya Gabriel! Do you think this swimsuit looks good on me?"

Gabriel was not a person she did much with, but the little they did seemed to be pretty friendly, so she figured that he was a good guy. Better company than Yagmur, probably.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Gabriel kept his gun up and his stance wide as he crept in through the doorway. "Easy cowboy. If I wanted to shoot you, I woulda opened fire instead of knockin'. I'm playing nice 'cuz I think we can work somethin' out."

Lisa seemed a lot happier to see him than the big-ass stranger was. She also appeared to have swapped into her fanservice costume. "Hey Lisa. Yeah, looks alright, hell of a lot better than my draw." He wasn't about to change into the scrubs any time soon. It was a fucking joke, and he was pretty sure nobody was going to be too happy to see the blood, even if it was fake.

He cocked his head to the side and looked over the man in front of him. "So here's my pitch. You and I have got firepower. Lisa's pretty smart. You look like you can handle a fight. And me? I can fix us up afterwards. There's not a thing in that kit that I can't use ten times better than everyone else on this goddamn island. How does that grab ya?"

Return to “Sunshine Tower”