Raj's Rarious Relationships

Of course you know Raj

This subforum exists to allow for discussion and planning related to the SOTF: Cyber AU.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

Malloon

Raj's Rarious Relationships

Post by Malloon »

Hey y'all, my boy Raj needs some relationships. He's part of the theater club and a former member of the robotics club. He's an avid skateboarder and artist and plays/takes part in C-LARPs and a TTRPG group, so if you've got that connection to him he might just be your friend. And he works in a grocery store.

He also needs a few people who know him less well and are put off by his veneer of coolness. Just so his profile di'n't fuken lie.

(No, I don't know why I'm using various accents here. They have nothing to do with Raj, they just popped into my head and I'm sticking with it.)

The next step for me would be to browse through the other planning posts, and I will... once I'm less ill and not coughing up my sphincter every few minutes.

PEACE!
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

If he skates in CR, Raj has definitely seen and probably interacted with Marnie. Her focus may be on roller skating but she doesn't judge and will skate with him all the same, probably talking about this and that as they do so. She might be a little put off by him trying to act cool, but so long as it's not full on arrogance and ego tripping, she can overlook it.

(also good luck with the sickness, i hope you feel better soon!!!!!)
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Ahab9

Post by Ahab9 »

Hi!
I think Amy Cassady could be an acquaintance?

(Get well soon! 💪)
どこにいたって、人は繋がっているのよ

SOTF Cyber: Amalia 'Amy' Cassady
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

Ray might fit as disliking Raj, mainly because Ray fiends for attention and anyone who might take that away from him gets his ire.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Xtra also is someone who puts quite a lot of effort into looking cool, and tends to react to other people doing that by getting competitive about it. That possibly counts as being put off? I think she'd probably think Raj is a poser and treat him with a sort of... quiet, understated condescension, perhaps?
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
ciphermitarai
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by ciphermitarai »

Though I don’t think Nate and Raj would particularly hang out in Cyber Reality, Nate typically compensates for his behavior by doing chores for his mom, which could include shopping. So maybe they could vaguely know each other that way? Like Raj could try striking up a conversation due to constantly seeing him at the grocery store and also knowing him from school and from there they’re lightly familiar with each other.
[+] Past
TV3
Everything glowing and blowing to bits right behind Lucia Cuevas Valdez!
[+] Present
Nate’s found Cyberia.
[+] Future
Niko thought she'd go out in a more Earthbound-y fashion.
Malloon

Post by Malloon »

Thanks to all of you for replying and wishing me well. I'm feeling lot better now, so let's do this!
AnimeNerd wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:09 pm If he skates in CR, Raj has definitely seen and probably interacted with Marnie. Her focus may be on roller skating but she doesn't judge and will skate with him all the same, probably talking about this and that as they do so. She might be a little put off by him trying to act cool, but so long as it's not full on arrogance and ego tripping, she can overlook it.

(also good luck with the sickness, i hope you feel better soon!!!!!)
I definitely think they'll know each other. And due to how she acts while in Cyberspace, Raj would definitely like her. They don't seem to have much in common besides the skatepark, though, so I think a loose friendship makes the most sense - glad to talk and skate while they're around each other, but not much deeper than that. You'd have to tell me how much Marnie has shared about her life outside of CR, if any. She'd could know about most of Raj's hobbies and the facts about his life, if they'd come up in conversation, since he's rather open about all that. She's especially know about his interest in graphic design, given that both his clothes and his skateboard feature his own designs. It's unlikely she'd know about Raj's insecurities or his interest in electronics and microcomputing, since it's unlikely he'd talk about them, though some of them she might be able to deduce from how he acts.
Ahab9 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:31 pm Hi!
I think Amy Cassady could be an acquaintance?

(Get well soon! 💪)
They'd know each other from class, but besides both having distinctive eyewear, I don't see them having much in common, which you mentioned as a problem for Amalia when making friends. The only other thing that might connect them is Amalia's map making, since Raj takes part in C-LARPs, which need (often custom) maps to play in, but you mentioned she stuck to making them for old PC games, so... yeah, they'd know each other by sight, but don't have much reason to interact, I think.
EllisWilson wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:49 pm Ray might fit as disliking Raj, mainly because Ray fiends for attention and anyone who might take that away from him gets his ire.
That could definitely have caused some issues. Raj doesn't try to get attention so much as want to look cool when he has the attention, but trying to look cool will lead to you getting more attention sometimes, which I could see Ray balking at. Underneath, Raj is quite awkward, and part of his persona is being easygoing, so either way Raj would likely have backed down from a confrontation if there ever was one. Unless Ray attacked Raj's identity, in which case Raj would get angry and push back.
MurderWeasel wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:23 am Xtra also is someone who puts quite a lot of effort into looking cool, and tends to react to other people doing that by getting competitive about it. That possibly counts as being put off? I think she'd probably think Raj is a poser and treat him with a sort of... quiet, understated condescension, perhaps?
Oh, this relationship could be very interesting. Raj isn't competitive about his popularity, but would react to the minor hostility with mostly confusion, avoidance and a measure of defensiveness, I think. I think it would be funny if it's unclear who decided to wear their distinctive sunglasses first - both of them did it independently, but only saw the other wearing theirs afterwards - and them both feeling copied by the other.
ciphermitarai wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:57 pm Though I don’t think Nate and Raj would particularly hang out in Cyber Reality, Nate typically compensates for his behavior by doing chores for his mom, which could include shopping. So maybe they could vaguely know each other that way? Like Raj could try striking up a conversation due to constantly seeing him at the grocery store and also knowing him from school and from there they’re lightly familiar with each other.
Yeah, that would work. Also, your Nate is another person with distinctive glasses in class 12-B. That's four already, by my count.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Malloon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:51 pm
MurderWeasel wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:23 am Xtra also is someone who puts quite a lot of effort into looking cool, and tends to react to other people doing that by getting competitive about it. That possibly counts as being put off? I think she'd probably think Raj is a poser and treat him with a sort of... quiet, understated condescension, perhaps?
Oh, this relationship could be very interesting. Raj isn't competitive about his popularity, but would react to the minor hostility with mostly confusion, avoidance and a measure of defensiveness, I think. I think it would be funny if it's unclear who decided to wear their distinctive sunglasses first - both of them did it independently, but only saw the other wearing theirs afterwards - and them both feeling copied by the other.
Sounds great all around. I love it.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “SOTF: Cyber Planning/Discussion”