Irene's Lab is Doing a Study on LGBTQIA+ Identities!

Looking for authentic, everyday experiences of LGBTQIA+ identities

This board exists to allow discussion of topics which do not pertain directly to Mini but are of interest to the community. This is the place to share musings on media, to introduce yourself, to hang out, etc. This board is visible only to registered and logged-in members for privacy reasons.
Spindarene

Irene's Lab is Doing a Study on LGBTQIA+ Identities!

Post by Spindarene »

Hey everyone!

I've mentioned this some in chat, but as part of my Master's program I am in a social psychology lab that studies, among other things, LGBTQIA+ identities, and we have finally released our first study in over three years! Because the authentic experiences of people under the LGBTQIA+ umbrella are so underrepresented in academia, my advisor--Dr. Charlotte Tate--has launched a study that aims to get as many queer voices heard as possible. Dr. Tate is a butch-presenting, mixed-race transgender lesbian who makes a point to be as inclusive in her research as possible. All of us in the lab had a hand in preparing the study, and most of us in the lab fall somewhere in the LGBTQIA+ spectrum. I'm really excited about this study, and any and all participation will help me and my lab out. :)

We are looking for people in the LGBTQIA+ community to take this 30-45 minute survey to tell us about how you experience various aspects of your gender and sexuality. The only qualification for this study is that you must be 18 years or older in order to participate. There is also an opportunity to enter a raffle to win $100!

Click here to participate in the study!

I will post the flyer with the general information, but if you want more specific information about the study, you can visit this website, or you can always send me a DM on the board or in chat to ask me any questions you might have and I would be happy to answer them. :)

Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Update: The study is still going, and we would love for as many people to participate during Pride month as possible!

If you've already participated, thank you! If you felt like the study was interesting or useful and you want to share it with other queer people in your life, please do so!

If you haven't taken part in the study and you would like to, here's the link.

NOTE: This question came up in the beginning of the study, so I'll just repeat it here: despite what the website says, you do NOT have to be in the U.S. in order to participate in the study. That qualification was put in the website as a way to convey that the study is based in the U.S., and therefore uses language intended for an American audience. Anyone in any country can participate in the study! Just know that if you're outside the U.S., the words and the meanings of words in the survey might be a little different from what you're used to.

Return to “General Discussion”