this might be the end of me (not clickbait)

Day 3 - Private

These six buildings loom over the town square. Standardized Soviet bloc housing, each building is four stories high and identical, differing only in their respective states of decay. Each floor is accessible by a pair of concrete stairwells on either side of a central corridor with six apartments on either side of the halls. The final flight of stairs opens out onto the roof, where backup generators and support systems for the buildings’ heating systems sit rusting and neglected. Four of the buildings seem quite well preserved, but the two closest to the approach from the docks appear to have sustained more decay and damage, with clear signs of a firefight and blast damage to some of the outer walls.

None of the apartments are locked, and some are missing doors altogether. Each apartment is a tight squeeze, with two closet-like bedrooms, a tiny kitchen, and a living room. Each floor featured a communal bathroom, which was common in buildings of that era. Many of the furnishings have been left in place, including quilts, lamps, wardrobes, bed frames, and the occasional radio or television. The furniture is often tightly packed into what little space there is, leaving little space to move, and occasionally trinkets of the past lives that called these places home can be found and read - if one knows Russian.

Moderator: SOTF U Staff

Fiori

this might be the end of me (not clickbait)

Post by Fiori »

INT. LIVING ROOM - MORNING

The camera flickers on to reveal an all-too familiar bearded face, still adjusting with the settings as he sets it up on a coffee table just opposite an old soviet-style couch. Once he's satisfied with the camera, Darren takes a few steps back before sitting down.

"Okaaaay, hey. It's been a while... Or, not, as you're probably watching all these one after the other, but... I digress" he says, clearing his throat. "There hasn't been much to update since the school incident. We've mostly just been keeping our heads down, trying to stay out of trouble. Heard a couple gunshots throughout the day. Worrying stuff..."

He coughs and glances down at his PDA. "I've been trying to conserve battery power since there's not much juice left, but I figured it'd be interesting to capture this..." he says, lifting the PDA to the camera to reveal the words on screen.

19/10/22 ANNOUNCEMENT AVAILABLE 

PLAY RECORDING?

"Well, without further ado..." he says, before pressing a button.

Dr Sycamore's voice could then be heard, detailing the events of the past 24 hours with the banality one should expect of him. Darren listens quietly for the most part, bringing a hand to his mouth when news of Misha's passing dropped, trying to remain quiet but obviously disturbed by the unfortunate news.

He listens along, waiting until it stops before wiping his eyes. "Oh... God. Oh, poor Misha..." he chokes, covering his eyes before running his hand through his hair. "Well... God, yeah, so as you can..."
Darren stops. Pausing, thinking for a moment.

"The... Village..." he says quietly, turning to someone off-camera. "Did... Did he just say that the chimera was..."

He pauses again. Then slowly turns towards the nearby curtains. Steadily getting to his feet, he makes several cautious steps towards the window, peeling the curtain back ever so slightly to take a peek outside...
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

How was Catarina supposed to live if this was all she was doing for it?

She'd stuck with Darren and Jarret for all this time becuase they'd reminded her of her sons, except older and more liberal. She'd taken them as the people to keep her safe because she thought there was a plan. Even their brief skirmish with the girl she'd framed yesterday showed they were good at planning, but what had they been doing? Wandering through an empty town, keeping their head town, listening to the occasional sound of violence that they knew to avoid. Throw in a coyote and a shitty truck and she might as well have been one of those illegals.

Catarina needed more than this. Even if she wasn't going to have a plan, she needed to feel like she was doing something. Not whatever this was. Not scurrying about like the rats that were too cowardly to abandon ship. And yet, all she could think of was that damn camera. As long as that camera existed, those other two were under the impression that they weren't going to live. No matter what they said, or did, or how they acted, they were treating this like a giant fucking will and testament to leave to the world, and Catarina was still too young to have one of those.

Her hands gripped the side of the basin in the filthy bathroom she'd been standing in. Her eyes cut to the mirror. They looked back at her, as though blaming her for not reapplying her eyeliner.

After a few moments, she released her grip, and strode back towards the dorm room she'd commandeered half of the beds of.

It was time to get a promise from the two of them, and that promise involved that fucking camera.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
MethodicalSlacker
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Jarrett had learned their lesson, well and truly, and this morning they woke in advance of the announcements to take to their substances, first in a way akin to meal-prepping another few day's worth ahead of time (with an upped dosage per diem to account for recent revelations of cosmic horrors, extant and indescribable), and, secondly, a wake-n'-bake session that, accidentally, lasted through their reception of the fatal email-blast, which they received exactly one minute and thirty nine seconds into listening to this song.

♬Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie♬
As music had been playing, Jarrett opted for the text version. Still from the other room they heard Darren's V.O.'d version, two tracks of audio commentary addressed to everything they had not seen happen in the last day or so. It came a good minute or so after they had read it, but the meaning of the news did not arrive until it was heard, repeated. Not that any of it had quite a lasting effect, emotionally—it just took longer, somehow, to process than yesterday's.

Because the day after, you can still pretend to be fine. You can somehow convince yourself that this isn't real, that the world is exactly the same as it was a week ago, and that you know the same things and no more. But the next day, you can't deny it anymore, both because you dreamed about it and because you did not wake up at home in bed afterwards.

They walked into the room at the same time. If Catarina had looked at Jarrett, they were unaware, because their eyes were on Darren's camera, pointed through a gap in the curtains, all Rear Window-like.

What they wanted to do was ask if it was out there.

But, as it tended to when Jarrett had not spoken in a moment, their breath caught in their throat, and they coughed into their sleeve instead.
Eaten By The Worms || And Weird Fishes
[+] SOTF TV3
Jodi Hunter: Trying not to cause any ripples in the water. Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2, Flotilla-3, Flotilla-4, Flotilla-5
Mariko Whitney: Ready to roll the dice. Pregame-1, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2⁸, Flotilla-3,
Flotilla-4

⁸SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST TTRPG V0.5 CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Mariko Whitney, the Marquise of Whimsy
Team: Jewel's Leviathans
Level: 3
Odds: Midgame
Role: Undeclared
Bucket List:
Observe as much gameplay as possible. Take notes on gameplay. Encourage specific gameplay scenarios.
Escape alive and intact.
EXP: 75/100

Rogue's Gallery (Stat-Sheet):
Guts: 7 (-2)
- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
Pluck: 12 (+1)
- Acrobatics (Proficiency Bonus +1)
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
Iron: 13 (+2)
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
Moxie: 8 (-1)
- Conversation
- Performance (Proficiency Bonus +1) [Topic Bonus: Tap-Dancing]
- Team Spirit
Wiles: 12 (+1)
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
Placidity: 10 (+/- 0)
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
Brains: 14 (+2)
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Encyclopedia (Topic Bonuses: Tabletop Games +2, Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels +2, Survival of the Fittest +1)
Sleuthing: 11 (+/- 0)
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette
Luck: 18 (+4)
Perception: 10 (+/- 0)

Health Points:
Total: 80/80 (8d8 from Limb Total)
Head: 8/8 (1d8)
Torso: 8/8 (1d8)
Left Arm: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Arm: 8/8 [Bandaged] (1d8)
Left Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Mental: 6/8 (1d8) [Wounded I]
Social: 7/8 (1d8)
Blood: 800/800
Afflictions: [None]
Hunger: 7/8
Thirst: 4/8
Stress Counter: [8888888888888888] Unlucky Br8ak!!!!!!!!

Armor Points: 3
Head Armor: Top Hat (+1)
Torso Armor: Black Leviathans Tank-Top (+1)
Left Arm: Team Bandana (+0)
Left Gauntlet: Black Glove
Right Gauntlet: Black and Red-Flecked Glove
Leg Armor: Blue Denim Jeans (+1)
Footwear: Sneakers (+0)

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-
MP: 0/0 [Who are you kidding, Magic Is Fake As Shit!!!!!!!!!]

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Saki Ika Dried Squid (0.25/1)
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Oyster Crackers (1.75/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Flashlight w/ Batteries
- Condom (1/1)
- First Aid Kit (Opened, minus three bandages and some gauze tape):
- "No More Mr. Dice Guy" Graphic Tee
- Red Mohegan Sun T-Shirt
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Tap-Dancer's Outfit: One sleeveless faux-leather jacket, black high-waisted dancing shorts, tights, and one pair of tap-dancing shoes.
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
- Greener Harpoon Gun {48 .38 Caliber Blanks, Four Rope Lines, and Three Heads Remaining}
Pockets:
- n/a

Bio: [See Profile]
Skills:
Light Footwork
+1 to Evasion rolls on actions making use of legs.
Heavy Focus
Option to defer a turn on Sleuth rolls in exchange for a +2 bonus.
Burdens:
Weak Arms
-1 to Guts rolls involving arms.
Vile Tongue
Every eight instances of dialogue (back-and-forth talking with other players/NPCs), roll 1d8. Mariko makes an offhand comment with rudeness inversely proportional to the absolute value of the number rolled—
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
3. Insult on top of Injury
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Hedgehog's Dilemma: -1 to skill checks made for social interactions.

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
Image - Cybil Price: "I've been waiting for this." Anouncement Day, Arena-1, Arena-2, Arena-3, Arena-4, The Rescue, After-1, After-2
[+] Second Chances V2
Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "I'm guessing that you want to win, right?" Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

There is a long silence as Darren stares outside, trying to peer through the snowstorm that was brewing. He eventually jolts as Jarret coughs, turning back to check in on his two travelling companions.

"Well, I don't see any sign of it..." he whispers, cold steam exhuming from his mouth as breathed heavily. "Might have wandered off... Hard to make much out though, all I can really see from here are a couple buildings, two statues, and..."

He pauses, realising there was something wrong with that sentence. His eyes widen, and face turns pale. Silently, he reaches out for his camera, lifting it up and bringing it closer to the window.

The view is shaky at first, steadying slightly as Darren aimed it outside. At first there is just a white blurr, the image slowly clearing up as the camera focuses in. In the center of the frame stood the iconic statue of Vladimir Lenin, standing tall above them and coated in a layer of snow.

Behind that statue, stood Something Else.

"Oh god..."
Help_U

Post by Help_U »

((continued from the armory))

Chimera peered out from behind the statue.

Representational art. A human. Missing an eye.

It could smell the flesh and metal of the aberrations it encountered earlier. They must have emerged from this figure days ago. Synthetic adaptations of its own being. Something told the Chimera their existence was a violation. If it found those constructs, it would have to destroy them. They could not coexist.

The scent of them was faint though, and it quickly caught a different scent on the wind. Its ears twitched, turning slightly to the sound of a sharp exhalation. Voices, barely audible, came shortly afterwards.

It shivered, and reached up to brush snow from its face, three sets of eyes blinking and focusing on one of the buildings ahead. There were humans inside. The Chimera felt a curious expectation - hope, it understood the feeling was called. A hope that they had kept their devices, and that they were active. The Participants had knowledge it could not simply consume. It had to be valuable.

With renewed purpose, it walked silently towards the dormitory.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Catarina entered the room at the same time as Jarrett. If Jarrett was looking at her, she wouldn't have known. Her eyes were focused on that camera, sitting in Darren's hand, getting some scenic shots of the frozen wasteland outside.

"Darren, sweetie, I think we need to talk."

If her interactions with that robber on Day 1 were any indication, Catarina was excellent at surprise attacks. The best, actually. So that needed to involve lulling him into a false sense of security. She was going to talk to him like a concerned parent, and when he least expected it, grab that fucking camera.

Her feet were still firmly yet daintily planted in place, though, so not yet. Soon. The soonest.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

The camera struggled to focus on the thing through the window, Darren's hands shaking as his skin turned a ghostly shade of pale.

He couldn't help but think back to one of his earliest videos, where he spoke at length about the infamous wendigo whilst camping at Algonquin Provincial Park. The creature before his eyes fit that description eerily, standing probably around nine or ten feet on its hind legs, thick scales visible between tufts of white fur. It was different to the strange beast he saw tear his tutors apart, more bipedal and reptilian in nature, though no less terrifying to behold.

Closing the curtains slowly, Darren stepped back, staring blankly as he found himself shook to his core. It was Catarina who brought him back to reality, turning back to her and quietly lifting a finger to his lips, before glancing at Jarret with a knowing look. 

"It's out there..." he whispers, gulping as he fumbled for the bone tucked into his belt. A bead of sweat ran down his brow, his chest heaving as he took a deep breath.

"Go... Head out back" he says quietly, withdrawing that bone as he turns towards the front door. "I'll try to buy you all some time, shake it off before meeting you back at the school..."

He glances down at the lit joint in Jarret's hand, gesturing for his friend to pass it over. He brings it up to his lips, taking a long deep toke for good luck, before letting the smoke exhale from his mouth as he hands it back. 

"Go, NOW!" he demands, a bit louder than before, as he rushes for the front door and shoulders his way outside before running as fast as his legs could carry him.

((Darren Decker continued in End Transmission))
Help_U

Post by Help_U »

It couldn't help itself.

The instinct was buried too deep.

As the human fled, the Chimera changed course, breaking into a faster gait as it took off after him.

One was easier. One could tell it what it wanted to know.

((continued elsewhere))
MethodicalSlacker
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

They were in a daze, for the unspeakable had arrived, and in the path of its footsteps all meaningful language had wilted. Darren now, speaking about finding purchase on the clock, shivering, a rendez-vous, before the joint mysteriously left Jarrett's hand and then returned in a puff of smoke, exhaled by dust-cloud leaver as he exited with the eye.

"What..."

That was all they got to say before he was gone.

The last expression Jarrett saw on Darren's face was one of poorly disguised fear.

They looked over at Catarina, and wondered about what it was that she needed to say, what she'd likely never get the chance to express.

"I, uh..."

'Pass the Dutchie' ended. This did not snap Jarrett out of it, but it brought them closer to reality. They took the earbud out and stuffed it down their front pocket.

Then their feet started moving on their own—out of this room, into the other to gather their backpack, back into the main room, past Catarina and out into the hall, calmly and silently proceeding to the nearest fire exit stairwell, as they had been taught and drilled on since Kindergarten, to meet up with everybody when the fire department shut the alarm off and let them all back inside the school, which is where they were meeting anyways, but that was fine, the fire was somewhere else, the fire was in their hand, burning on the end of a blade of grass.

[Jarrett Bergman continued elsewhere.]
Eaten By The Worms || And Weird Fishes
[+] SOTF TV3
Jodi Hunter: Trying not to cause any ripples in the water. Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2, Flotilla-3, Flotilla-4, Flotilla-5
Mariko Whitney: Ready to roll the dice. Pregame-1, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2⁸, Flotilla-3,
Flotilla-4

⁸SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST TTRPG V0.5 CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Mariko Whitney, the Marquise of Whimsy
Team: Jewel's Leviathans
Level: 3
Odds: Midgame
Role: Undeclared
Bucket List:
Observe as much gameplay as possible. Take notes on gameplay. Encourage specific gameplay scenarios.
Escape alive and intact.
EXP: 75/100

Rogue's Gallery (Stat-Sheet):
Guts: 7 (-2)
- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
Pluck: 12 (+1)
- Acrobatics (Proficiency Bonus +1)
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
Iron: 13 (+2)
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
Moxie: 8 (-1)
- Conversation
- Performance (Proficiency Bonus +1) [Topic Bonus: Tap-Dancing]
- Team Spirit
Wiles: 12 (+1)
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
Placidity: 10 (+/- 0)
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
Brains: 14 (+2)
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Encyclopedia (Topic Bonuses: Tabletop Games +2, Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels +2, Survival of the Fittest +1)
Sleuthing: 11 (+/- 0)
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette
Luck: 18 (+4)
Perception: 10 (+/- 0)

Health Points:
Total: 80/80 (8d8 from Limb Total)
Head: 8/8 (1d8)
Torso: 8/8 (1d8)
Left Arm: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Arm: 8/8 [Bandaged] (1d8)
Left Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Mental: 6/8 (1d8) [Wounded I]
Social: 7/8 (1d8)
Blood: 800/800
Afflictions: [None]
Hunger: 7/8
Thirst: 4/8
Stress Counter: [8888888888888888] Unlucky Br8ak!!!!!!!!

Armor Points: 3
Head Armor: Top Hat (+1)
Torso Armor: Black Leviathans Tank-Top (+1)
Left Arm: Team Bandana (+0)
Left Gauntlet: Black Glove
Right Gauntlet: Black and Red-Flecked Glove
Leg Armor: Blue Denim Jeans (+1)
Footwear: Sneakers (+0)

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-
MP: 0/0 [Who are you kidding, Magic Is Fake As Shit!!!!!!!!!]

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Saki Ika Dried Squid (0.25/1)
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Oyster Crackers (1.75/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Flashlight w/ Batteries
- Condom (1/1)
- First Aid Kit (Opened, minus three bandages and some gauze tape):
- "No More Mr. Dice Guy" Graphic Tee
- Red Mohegan Sun T-Shirt
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Tap-Dancer's Outfit: One sleeveless faux-leather jacket, black high-waisted dancing shorts, tights, and one pair of tap-dancing shoes.
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
- Greener Harpoon Gun {48 .38 Caliber Blanks, Four Rope Lines, and Three Heads Remaining}
Pockets:
- n/a

Bio: [See Profile]
Skills:
Light Footwork
+1 to Evasion rolls on actions making use of legs.
Heavy Focus
Option to defer a turn on Sleuth rolls in exchange for a +2 bonus.
Burdens:
Weak Arms
-1 to Guts rolls involving arms.
Vile Tongue
Every eight instances of dialogue (back-and-forth talking with other players/NPCs), roll 1d8. Mariko makes an offhand comment with rudeness inversely proportional to the absolute value of the number rolled—
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
3. Insult on top of Injury
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Hedgehog's Dilemma: -1 to skill checks made for social interactions.

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
Image - Cybil Price: "I've been waiting for this." Anouncement Day, Arena-1, Arena-2, Arena-3, Arena-4, The Rescue, After-1, After-2
[+] Second Chances V2
Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "I'm guessing that you want to win, right?" Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Had she just been abandoned?

Catarina blinked as Darren ran, then double-blinked as Jarrett ran. Within moments, all after saying she needed to talk about something, she was alone. Catarina had travelled with them for two nights, stayed up late, talked with them, talked to them, talked at them, taken watch, kept her eyes out for hostile people and hostile not-people, and within the span of a minute, it was all gone.

She looked around the room of nothing. Only a few minutes ago, she'd left to compose herself in the bathroom.

She was there for several more minutes. The promised terror never arrived.

All she wanted was a promise from them. She'd seen how they treated that camera, how they'd talked about it to her, and she just wanted reassurance that they were trying. That it wasn't their will and testament, to be left to their families. That they hadn't given up, because she certainly hadn't, and wasn't going to let them drag her down to what she could have easily wrongly assumed was their level of hope.

But hey, guess she should have known better. That was what happened when you wanted for more in Catarina's world. She'd seen it before - young twenty-somethings asking their husbands for emotional support, or a trip to the doctors, or something outside of the life they'd signed up for. Suddenly, she was the ex-wife, and a team of lawyers circled her and ripped chunks from her bloated corpse. It never happened to Catarina, because she never wanted for anything besides a nice big house to live in.

She never expected Darren and Jarrett to be just the same as all of them.

But hey, that's just how they were. Men, or those gender neutrals with no pronouns who looked like men, they were all the same, she guessed. Her thoughts flashed to her boys back home. A cold shiver made its way through her bones as she thought about if Bernard and Joseph would ever abandon her like Darren and Jarrett just did. To her shock, she couldn't even think of a definitive answer to that.

In hindsight, it really was quite sad she'd thought of them as a team. But as she sat on the bed, thoughts going to the faint sounds of terror wafting through the air she wasn't sure were real, that was probably her fault for expecting normalcy and safety.

Not anymore, though.

It was time to think things through.

((Catarina Markovitz continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “Dormitories”