Pre-Release Wild Mass Guessing

Discussion and planning for SOTF: U can take place in this board.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Pre-Release Wild Mass Guessing

Post by DerArknight »

So as Shiola has been teasing over the last weeks, there is going to be a big surprise in U. And while the teasers allegedly have all the clues, I thought it would be fun to collect all the theories on what it is gonna be.

Here are mine:

1. The Mercenaries will enforce the Danger Zones or for some other reason hunt the participants at some point in the game!

Should be self-explanatory. This one has been thrown around in chat a lot. My take is that at some point there will be an issue forcing the mercs to enter the arena, similar to the kill squad send out in V4 to kill Liz Polanski.

2. Some of the mercs, if not all of them, will become participants, which includes them landing on the rolling list!

Via la V1!

3. SOTF:U is the stealth-prequel to Virtua!

After whatever happens in V1 of U, Sycamore will decide that making the tests with real people is way too complex. He will look into alternatives and invent the technology to make SOTF Virtua a reality. By making it so he has access to all games that are held in the virtual space, he will get thopusands of games as material for his studies without anyone dying and make a lot of money.

However, he will come to the conclusion that there are some elements of the project that can only be studied with 100% real humans, so he will still occasionally hold real games, thus allowing further versions of U to happen.

4. There will be some sort of escape event!

The rules say that escape is impossible for the participants, but what if someone named Dr. Erin Finch would turn out to be a spy/traitor/impostor and things would go downhill?

5. The rules of the game allow for more than one survivor!

From a scientific perspective, allowing more than one person to survive creates some opportunities. It incencivises participants to work together, allowing team dynamics to form. After all, there is nothing forcing the gamerunners to stick to the rules of Battle Royale.

The OOC-rules say nothing about endgame having to end with only one winner. So maybe this is the reason for the parts being blacked out?

6. At some point, the whole game will collapse!

Something will go terribly wrong, resulting in the surviving gamerunners abandoning the island with the remaining students maybe not even aware that the game has called off. The whole version will then turn into straight-up survival with the characters needing to set aside their differences to get away from the island.

7. Danya will usurp the whole experiment!

Because he is Danya, duh.

So much to my theories. Feel free to discus or add your own! Both serious and joke theories are welcome.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Here are two more I forgot:

8. The SOTF-multiverse will be introduced, combining all versions that ever were and ever will be!

Dr. Finch is working on some alternative universes shit and the fact that SOTF is happening in several verses will open a portal. Danya will fall into the portal to Main and become Viktor Danya.

9. There will be an inactivity icebear named Kenny!

And it will be hilarious.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2