The path to recovery was more like a forest that you got lost in.

How to keep moving on.

Here is where all threads set in the month after the game belong. This is the place to post your character's individual epilogues or interactions. Handlers with a surviving character may have one active aftermath thread in addition to other threads. Make sure to read the Supers Denouement before posting here!

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"I'm going to say something controversial here," Melodie said to the mediocre podcast guy, "I honestly think that in five, ten, fifteen years there are going to be at least half a dozen incidents like this that will come up. Because the deerstalkers were trying to make a statement, right? Like, we're all listening to them, whether we like it or not. We're still talking about them. The fact that I'm here, like, still in the public eye means that what they're doing is effective."

"Do you think that at least some of them will be from the Deerstalkers themselves? Since the cops haven't caught them?"

"Oh, absolutely, yes."
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

>So like apparently they found Xim's onlyfans lmao
>oof rip
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''Hi,'' said Melodie.

''...Hi,'' said Leah.

''I'm glad you made it.''
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Melodie went on the interview stage and immediately started coating the camera in red. They had to make her change twice because she was so nervous she ruined all her clothes. Eventually they decided that they're just gonna let her talk in a blood covered dress as the room progressively got grosser for the aesthetic.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''Oh,'' she said, ''Rolling stone? Seriously?''

She ate another fry.

''I mean, good for her. I'd rather get a shotgun blast to the face than to sell my soul out to media, but, like, you go girlboss rake in the cash.''

Melodie stared at her sister.

''I mean to be fair, at least it's, like, not Fox news.''

''Fox news thinks I'm a crisis actor.''

''Right,'' Destiny said, pulling out a packet of ketchup from her flesh purse, ''But imagine if you went on there and immediately started to talk about, like, communism. Like imagine how mad they're gonna be.''

''Uh, I don't think that's how it works,'' her brother pointed out.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''Are you aware that you've been... sexualized by certain parts of the media?''

Melodie looked at the screenshot of her on the phone, captioned ''Ok, hear me out...''

''Uh, yeah.''
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"You're not an sigma male you're a fucking sexist 16 year old whose afraid of wearing pink. A true sigma just has mental illnesses thats why they cant make friends" send tweet
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''So, uh, hey Ruth. It's been a while, but I just want to say thank you...''
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Melodie triple checked everything in her car before driving out- that the food was secured, that the mirrors were all working, that the heating was up...

She was driving to her friend's home with her heart on her sleeve and thumping too fast. This time, she'll tell her. This time, it'll end well.

''The punk and the priest and the real estate agent
The girl with no teeth and the shaking Marine
The Serbian Deadhead who wears his sunglasses
So no one can see at my eyes..."

Nora's home was a bright red dot on the GPA, a target of sorts.

"In for three weeks or in for forever
Here at the 17th Street Treatment Centre
Most of us probably not getting better
But not getting better together..."

She was going to tell her, and she was going to make it real.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

She never thought that she was going to be alright again. She never thought that she'll love again. She never thought that she'll be here and be happy and safe. She never thought the ugly cuts on her legs were going to heal but they did, and where the scabs used to be didn't itch anymore. She thought that she was going to die before she hit thirty but now she felt like she'll live forever. And yeah, maybe she still cries in the bathroom sometimes, but she used to do that before, too. She used to be a lot sadder before, actually, or maybe she just learned to appreciate life more.

Melodie Bernard, the person, was a lot more comfortable to be than Melodie Bernard, the character, the girl on the internet trying too hard to be scary and gross, the child with no idea what to do with most of her future, the student who thought tests were the end of the world.

Either way, she didn't want to look back anymore.

Return to “Aftermath”