For Everyone

The wilderness of The Great Basin Desert outside of the arena, with the whole rest of the world on the other side. This area is off-limits under pain of death, so venture into it at your own risk.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

For Everyone

Post by Applesintime »

((Stephen Sanders continued from Icarus))

His feet hurt.

But he kept walking.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Eventually, his feet hurt too much. He had walked for... how long exactly, he didn't know. The sun looked like it was starting to dip down, so he must have been walking all day. The crimson on his shirt had dried, turned into a more brown-red colour. Stephen was almost afraid of what sleep would bring. Today had been one of the worst days of his life. It had started out so optimistic. Claudia and Emily were with him, and they were going to get out of here. Tell the cops.

And at the end of the day, both of his friends were dead, one by his own hand, and he was here alone. More people were probably dead. And, unless he decided like a fucking idiot to turn back around, nobody else was getting out. He might be the only survivor of everything.

In a way, that was comforting. Nobody else would know what had happened to Emily. He could lie. The thought, however, didn't sit right with Stephen. He had done the crime, and he'd have to take whatever the fuck happened to him. Given the circumstances, nobody would convict him in a court, but even still...

Sighing, he turned around in his sleeping bag, trying to get comfortable.

Tomorrow was another day.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

((Ximena Rodriquez continued from The Day is My Enemy))

Ximena punched it, driving through the desert in roughly the same straight line she knew she had traveled to leave.

If you had told Ximena that she would be rushing back to the jail she'd been penned in for several days where she saw her friends die, she'd have probably stomped on your foot and used her Gift to give you an aneurysm.

Presently, however, an unusual shape came up on the horizon -- the second time this morning such a thing had occurred. It looked familiar.

Ximena gradually slowed the car down to a stop until she was near the thing on the ground. She leaned over and opened the passenger's side door to get a clearer look while still being able to speed away if needed.

"Hey!" she shouted.

It was one of the sleeping bags those dickfucks had given them. After a moment, she realized that she knew who he was, in the way you know people you are casually acquainted with. People you know of rather than know.

"Get in, bone man. We can talk on the way."

(( Your Uber Has Arrived ))
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

He hadn't slept well at all. It wasn't exactly fucking easy to sleep in the desert, and then came the nightmares. About a bat, some gross perversion of a human body, ripping him into shreds or stabbing him over and over. Sometimes Claudia was there. Sayuna showed up once. At some point he'd just given up on sleeping and lay there, watching the sun slowly rise over the horizon until the day came. From here, he could still hear the announcements, even if it was just faint.

At first, it was just the same old shit, but then the universe made up for the shitty day he'd had. Some guy had... stopped all this. They were free to go. And, and Claudia's name wasn't on the announcement. She had killed Anatoly, but Stephen wasn't in any position to judge. They were both alive, and they could both get out of here.

And then a fucking car pulled up and Ximena shouted at him to get in. Bone man, she called him. A new nickname to add to the pile.

"Wh," he stated, sleepily rubbing his eyes and then pinching himself. Ximena was still there, staring at him impatiently. Without her collar, either. Looks like his escape group hadn't been the only people to figure out how to get them off. Scrambling to his feet and grabbing his bag, Stephen hopped into the passenger's seat, setting his bag down in the footrest. "Shit, I thought I was the only one." He couldn't help but laugh. He'd agonised about not being able to save more people, but now fate had set into motion a way to get everyone else out.

Ximena continued to drive, coming closer and closer to the building he'd spent a whole day trying to escape from. Meanwhile, Stephen fiddled with the car's radio, but there didn't seem to be any signal. Only a disk of Now That's What I Call Music! 8.

Well, it was better than silence. Turning the radio on, a familiar song played through the car.

'♪ I thought love was only true in fairy tales, meant for someone else but not for me, love was out to get me... ♪"

((Ximena Rodriguez and Stephen Sanders continued in Your Uber Has Arrived))
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers

Return to “The Outskirts”