Kal-El

Open

The bowling alley is fun for the whole family, or 36 if you were so inclined. The Space Bam Alley is a small brick building with retro outer-space bowling themed shag carpet, 36 super lanes with 10 pins in each, automatic scoring boards and bumper rails for the less experienced astrobowlers. You'll be able to find "meteors" (bowling balls) and cosmic boots (bowling shoes) of various colors and sizes at the area called "The ZONE" where the snack bar also awaits you. Behind the snack bar counter, you can find the command center where one can direct the ship into Ultra Violet bowling by pushing the big red button labeled "UV".
Shangela*

Post by Shangela* »

Darn right she was short. It wasn’t the first gosh-darned time she’d have to explain that story. Yes, she knew she was short. No, she wasn’t from Oz. Yes, she was really sixteen. No she wasn’t standing on her knees. Dee had dozens of quick fire quips for this type of situation. She didn’t like being called short.

Then again, she also didn’t like being shot up like a tin can at a carnival. Snark and sass would have to wait until there wasn’t a likely chance that she could have more holes in her than a fancy wedge of cheese.

“I a’int much to look at, but I’m a livin’ breathin’ person. Isn’t that better than going out alone?” Dee spoke aloud to the boy, but maybe she was just saying what was running through her own head. He wasn’t much to look at. Lanky and messy. Not to mention that he was wearing some sort of nerdy shirt. He didn’t look to be too helpful of an ally. Yet he had that gun. It was better than the jack shit that Dee had to her name on here.

“So your 'friend' wandered off? That’s cruddy.” Dee wasn’t good at this whole sympathy thing. He could probably tell.

She hadn’t even thought to ask his name, or exchange any of those hoity toity niceties that Mama was so fond of sharing. Her Mama was probably shouting through the tv, telling her to stop slouching, pick up a less gruff tone, and probably say something similar to a traditional introduction. It was too bad that Dee didn’t have a lick of that sense.

Unless he stopped staring at her like she was a mule with three heads and a twenty inch pecker, then Dee could only try to awkwardly fill the silence in her charming attempts at nicety.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Shangela. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

"Well, you got me there. Also, he wasn't really my friend. I barely knew him," was Christopher's reply.

Indeed, if this girl was offering to ally herself with him, he didn't want to turn her down. The problem was, was she going to be of any help to him? Christopher knew that in cases like these, having a bad ally would be worse than not having an ally at all. He was understandably hesitant to form an alliance with her out of the gate.

"And what did you get?"
Shangela*

Post by Shangela* »

Too bad. The other guy looked like he could be a heap more helpful. Dee’d barely got a gander of the other one, but she saw his impressive muscles. She could fit in with athletes keen enough. Dee was starting to regret picking sides with this one.

She especially started to regret it when he asked right off the bat what she was packing. “Uh… I, um… ain’t got crap here. Producers thought they’d get their chuckles by giving me a sword that was a full inch taller than me.”

“On a good day.” She added jokingly.

The boy looked unconvinced. Maybe it was a different deal with the other one. Maybe it was some sorta exclusive alliance where you’d only have your ass covered if you could do the same. That big guy was a trade up. When compared to Dee, two trades up.

It wasn’t a fair in the damnedest. Dee was certain that without a gun, this would keep happening to her. She’d be turned away at the door and forced to scurry off like a rat. That was the best scenario. What Dee really needed was to somehow get her mitts on a gun. She wasn’t gonna use it or nothing, but it was an insurance policy. Guns and bullets were tender here. In this world, Dee didn’t have a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of.

“You know, you ain’t gotta say it. I think it’d be best if we just went off on our separate ways.” Dee slowly backed towards the frosted walkway of the exit.  She made sure to keep eye contact the entire time just incase he decided to get funny. “If you hoof it now, you might just catch up with your ‘not-friend.’”

Dee took the initiative and skedaddled. She didn’t need him anyways. She didn’t need nobody. Just a gun, a place to pick up her feet, and she could wait this out until something better came along.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Shangela. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Face met palm.

God, Christopher was royally failing today wasn't he? He blew two chances to gain allies, because he couldn't stop being a sarcastic asshole.

He'd need to try to be more diplomatic in the future.

With that, he pushed open the door of the bowling alley, looking for another place to crash.

((Christopher Schwartz continued in A New Morning.))

Return to “Space Bam Alley”