Everything and More

G014 True Start (Open)

The highest point of the northern side of the island, this peak is more developed than its southern counterpart, featuring an observation platform. This platform, shielded from the sun by a gazebo, is visible from most of the island, and in turn offers a view of pretty much anywhere not blocked by the southern peak, though at the distances in question it may be very hard to make out much detail with the naked eye.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

Laurels

Everything and More

Post by Laurels »

((G014 Mayumi Tendou continued from START GAME))

Mayumi had slowed down a bit after disappearing into the woods. She didn't see anyone else immediately after running away from the school, so after some time, she was able to slow down into a brisk pace. She still had no idea where anyone else was or who was willing to start killing. Mayumi knew these first few hours had to be the most important. That military otaku had talked about strategies for surviving the Program, owing to things he learned from his cousin who apparently survived when her class in Sapporo was chosen a few years prior.

Mayumi wasn't sure why he decided to tell her all this stuff over plates of karaage and pints of Kirin, especially since she had told him she was in college and thus should have been unlikely to ever end up in the Program, but now it was proving to be one of her best dates ever. Sure, it meant dealing with his nasty breath and disappointing lack of stamina afterwards, but it was definitely useful now that she was here.

Aside from the serpentine maneuver, he had mentioned it was important to take stock of supplies in the first few hours and to orient oneself to the location. Her traverse through Okishima had led her to the observation deck on the northern mountain peak. This was good for now, so Mayumi made her way into the deck.

Mayumi looked around. No one appeared to be nearby, nor had anyone else thought to head here immediately. That was good. This was her hideout. Mayumi crouched down near the bench facing the entrance to the hideout. This should help her stay out of sight, and also let her see anyone who would immediately come towards her.

Mayumi began to take stock. She had the handgun, that definitely helped. Otaku's cousin was assigned a battery powered handheld fan as her weapon, and it took one scrappy brawl against a former friend to get something decent. There was an instruction manual, so Mayumi took a few moments to figure out how to load the gun and turn the safety on and off. Once that was settled, the rest of the bag was searched. She found her food and water, plus the watch, map, and compass. Once the watch was on, she oriented herself with the map. She could see the lighthouse far off to her west, which told her she was facing south. More importantly was knowing that she was in C7 for when danger zones would come into play.

Mayumi put everything except the gun away and remained on the ground. She shifted her position so now her back was to the wall next to the entrance to the observation deck, with her bag stashed under the bench to her side. The M1911 remained on her lap. She'd have to try and get some sleep during the night, but more importantly, she had to be prepared for what would come next.

After all, if what that otaku had told her about his cousin was true, surviving the game could have benefits that outweighed the trauma. She just needed to get to that point however she could.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

(Do you ever remember things from your dreams and they meld together with reality? You find yourself wondering like 'damn, I already lived this day' and then you realize that your dream was just... malleable. Easy to construct, and to dismantle. These created places inside of your head were just that: created places.

They were blank and empty, and you could plug the right numbers and the right facts to make it seem like anything you want.

Tadakatsu hoped that his dreams were just that. The numbers had been plugged and just like in baseball: once the numbers were in, you were supposed to believe in them. It was a flawed course of action, but it was the thing he should do for now. This is a dream. This is not real. Nobody is being hurt. The numbers and the data were plugged and there was no fear to be needed because it wasn't real.)

(It wasn't real.)

His legs met reality. Hard stomping.

Someone could hear him coming from a distance now.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Mayumi had nodded off for a bit. She wasn't in the most comfortable sleeping position, but with enough breathing and mental exercises, she was able to get into a state where she could begin to relax a bit. She was sure she'd be able to enter a sleep state soon if she kept it up.

But then she heard some stopping, and she was thrown out like a TV through a window.

Mayumi remained in place. Someone was approaching the observation deck. The first person she would see since the game started. There were a lot of options for who it could be; positive, neutral, and negative. Either way, she needed to be prepared for all three.

Mayumi shifted her position a bit, now turning a bit towards the entrance of the lookout. She quietly turned the safety off the Colt, and kept it aimed in the direction of the entrance. There was enough moon and starlight tonight that she was sure she could make out who it was.

She continued to breathe in and out.

"Okay," she thought to herself. "This is when it counts. Don't hesitate, and be ready. You have to survive this. You will survive this."

She waited, trying to keep her arms steady for when the figure would enter the deck.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

In the past, Tadakatsu had gotten his Achilles' tendon hurt, on his right leg specifically. It was during practice, and while getting hurt during Practice embarassing enough, at least it wasn't in front of a crowd. Tadakatsu's leg pain flared hurt, something he had learned to handle and push through. He simply had to pretend that the burn was good, and the it meant he was working hard.

(This time, it didn't. Pain flared up throughout his leg.)

(He flew forward, tripping on something invisible and falling face first where a girl with a gun could shoot him.)

He wiggled on the floor like a fish for a couple of seconds.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Mayumi wasn’t sure what she was expecting when the figure entered the observation deck. She figured it’d be someone quietly and cautiously entering to take a rest from running around the island. She didn’t expect it to be someone face planting onto the floor.

Mayumi tried to stifle any sounds she made when the figure crashed. She didn’t fire the gun, she knew she needed to keep the finger off the trigger until she was truly ready to use it (again, thanks to that otaku for telling her about it).

It was clear now that it was a boy who had fallen into the deck. That wasn’t good. Mayumi could easily be beaten in a fight with a boy. She had the advantage of firepower and the boy’s need to loom over her if he wanted to get close to her in the corner. But still, there was something by else that mattered first.

The boy had crashed into the deck. He was still wiggling, but she wasn’t sure if he was attacked and had collapsed. If someone else was approaching, she needed to be prepared.

“Psst,” she whispered to the boy. “Are you alone?”

She kept the gun on him. Until she knew who she was dealing with, she wasn’t going to take it off him.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

(The crossbow he had in his hand had nicked his wrist. Blood dripped down on the deck. It jerked his body into action. The weapon had slid off, gliding on the wood. He looked around frantically, before realizing someone was talking to him. He didn't jump for the crossbow, his other hand over the bloody palm.)

(The irony wasn't lost on him. It was funny to land on Mayumi of all people. He would laugh too if he had the opportunity.)

"What?" He looked up, pushing off himself off the floor with his good left. He had started to walk toward the voice, not fully understanding what the voice had said. He didn't recognize it.

(This could be the end.)

"N-no, I'm alone but-" He noticed the glinting of the gun in the moonlight. He raised his hands up like a guy caught at the wrong time, doing a 'it wasn't me' motion. "Please don't shoot me."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

It was Hatagami. Mayumi remembered he was one of the baseball team players back at school and often hung out with Takiguchi. He was apparently alone, and a bit of a klutz, but he was apparently surrendering control to Mayumi. Guess that was the effect guns had on people, which was definitely what she was hoping for.

However, it was still too soon for her to act like some action movie star. The game had only been going for a few hours, so she had to choose the kind of person to be that would benefit her the most in this scenario. She and Hatagami never interacted back in Shiroiwa, so for all she knew, he knew her as that one yamato nadeshiko girl. Maybe he hadn't heard the rumors, but if he did, she could at least play with that.

"I...I don't want to shoot you..." Mayumi said. "So...please don't hurt me..."

Mayumi remained on the ground and kept the gun trained on Hatagami.

"Sorry...but... can you leave?"
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

(The irony really wasn't lost on you.)

"Y-yeah. I'm- I'm leaving. I'm just... I'm just picking up my crossbow and-"

Tadakatsu took a step forward. A branch cracked underneath him.

"I just nee-need it."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Hatagami wanted to get his crossbow and leave. Mayumi was a bit uneasy about that. A crossbow was a ranged weapon, and he could easily shoot her in the head before she got the chance to defend herself. She wasn't going to give him that chance.

"Okay, you can have it," she said.

Mayumi slowly stood up, keeping the gun trained on him.

"But you're going to take it on my terms though. Sorry, but...I don't trust you..."

Mayumi took one step closer.

"Do exactly as I say from here on out, okay?"
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"There's arr-"

(Bolt.)

"-bolt in it. There's not bolt in it. They're in my bag. I can't and I won't shoot you."

(Would he really? There was doubt in his tone. Mayumi should take a shot to make sure. Maybe it'd alert people to come see them, but it was better than to have a bolt inside of her neck or her thigh or both.)

"I just wanna' find Yuichiro, man."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Mayumi nodded.

"And I'll let you go find him. I'll let you take the crossbow with you, but I want you to leave the observation deck the way I tell you to."

Mayumi breathed in and out. Her heart was racing. She had never had so much power over another person before. Was this how her mother felt every time she looked at her? Was this how those men felt when they saw she was a real JK? It was enticing, but Mayumi couldn't get drunk off it. She needed to be sober enough to survive this encounter.

"Here's what's going to happen," she began. "I want you to walk into the entrance of the deck, facing back down the path. Keep facing the path, no matter what. I'll grab the crossbow and hand it to you from behind. Then you'll walk down the path, and you won't look back. You'll keep walking until you're out of sight, and then you'll be free to go."

Mayumi breathed in again.

"Do anything suspicious, and I'll shoot. Understand?"

She waited for Hatagami to accept her terms. He was going to walk away like Orpheus, or he'd lose everything.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

He blinked once.

He blinked twice.

(He was staring at her like she was a ghost. She might have been. She looked pale in the darkness like she had crawled out of a TV.)

He blinked a third time. He listened to everything. He tried to understand it. He had to walk down the path, with a gun pointed to him, and she would give him his crossbow back. That's it? It sounded like bullshit.

(If you're doing that just to put a bullet in the back of his head, Tadakatsu would probably thank you.)

"...that's it?" He raised an eyebrow. He expected a demand for supplies, or even the weapon, or him to stay there, or anything other than just being... let go. "Okay. I'll do it."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Hatagami seemed quite surprised that Mayumi was going to let him go as per her request. Maybe he expected her to extort him, like to keep the crossbow or to get his food and water. Mayumi could have done that, but the game had just started, and she didn't need to needlessly weigh herself down. Besides, the gun she had was way better than something complicated like the crossbow.

She just needed Hatagami gone.

"Okay," she said, starting to slowly step to the side.

Mayumi kept her gun trained on Hatagami, but where she was moving would mean he could walk to the entrance of the observation deck and she could stay behind him. Now that she was standing up, anyone approaching could possibly see her holding a gun to him and could attack her. Moving could at least mean Hatagami would block her from sight with his large body.

"As I said, move to the entrance of the deck. Keep your back to me."
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

Tadakatsu blinked several more times until eventually folding, turning his heels around in a slow pace and creaking the wood with each step. "...Oh- ...Okay." He kept his hands up, his head faced towards the cold, uncaring woods.

(Over there?)

His heart thumped through his school jacket, slightly caked in dirt and splinters.

He took a step, and then another. Each one felt like he was wading through a sea of tree sap, each wooden plank creaking and singing back to his brethren alive in the forest.

(Wait a minute.)

He stopped in his tracks after a few paces; he kept his hands in the air, kept his body facing forward, but he turned his head to the side. "...Can- can I at least watch you pick up the crossbow?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Mayumi wondered if Hatagami somehow forgot that she was the one in control of the situation right here. Did he really feel the need to negotiate with her about seeing her pick up the crossbow? She had gotten some ideas about diplomacy from how her mom would shout into her cell phone at her newest assistant during dinner, but this was clearly not the sort of thing that could come back from calling people dumb bastards.

Mayumi walked as Hatagami walked, so now she was behind him. The boy had turned his head and asked if he could watch her pick up the crossbow.

"If you think your neck can handle staying turned for how long it takes, sure," she said. "Otherwise, keep your body facing out of the deck."

Mayumi kept the gun trained on her classmate, then knelt down. She kept her gaze on Hatagami as she used her free hand to reach for the crossbow. It was a bit awkward to grab, mostly since she was trying to pick it up without looking at it, and the fact that it was cumbersome to pick up one handed, but she got a grip and clenched.

Mayumi returned to a standing position.

"Now stay right there, and I'll bring it to you."

She began to approach him, this time moving the gun to be pointing at the back of his head. Her arm was starting to get tired from holding the gun up, so she had to give him the crossbow so she could at least get some relief.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3