Ximena Rodriguez

If you're lost, you can look, and you will find me

The profiles of characters approved for the version are found within.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Carrion Queen

Ximena Rodriguez

Post by Carrion Queen »

Name: Ximena Rodriguez
Grade: 12
Hobbies and Interests: Photography, volleyball, OnlyFans, her frog, romance novels

Gift: Time After Time
Power Details: Ximena has the ability to slow down or speed up the flow of time for a given object or cube area of up to 3 feet by 3 feet. Outside of this area or object of the same size, time flows normally. Time can be slowed or sped up by roughly 5 times normal speed. Whatever effects have been placed upon the object or area prior to time flow manipulation will continue even with the altered time, though slower or faster depending on the effect Ximena has decided upon. An area or object that has Ximena's power acting on it will shimmer slightly.
Limitations and Drawbacks: The larger the area and the further away from the natural flow of time the area or item is subjected to, the more concentration is required from Ximena. She is able to keep sandwiches in her lunch box fresher by slowing time down by a factor of one, but will still have to be mindful of the process and can only pay half attention to a lesson occurring in class, for example. She must touch an object or area that she wants to manipulate time within. If she sticks her hand out and uses her power, the power will affect the cube of space directly in front of her hand. If she touches an object or creates a cube of manipulated time, it will remain in an altered time state of her choosing until she stops the effect or loses concentration. How fast or slow time goes is determined by her desire and concentration, though the faster or slower Ximena wants time to go will require more concentration and energy. Use of the power will take up her energy and prolonged use will make her exhausted.

Appearance: Ximena stands at 5'6'' and weighs 145 pounds, possessing an athletic build with rounded hips. Her skin is a moderate tanned shade no matter the time of year. She has long, wavy, black hair that reaches her chest that she usually keeps in a high pony tail while at school. She has dark brown eyes with a hooded eye shape. Her nose is small and she has full lips with her top lip a bit bigger than her bottom lip. Her eyebrows are straight without much arch, but are kept neat. Her face shape is rounded with full cheeks. At school she dresses conservatively, usually choosing to wear dark skirts or slacks -- depending on the weather -- with plain cardigan sweaters. When warmer, she wears thrifted blouses that typically have lace, if she can find them. On the day of the abduction, she was wearing a dark cornflower blue sweater with a white camisole, a knee-length sky-blue skirt and white tights. She was also wearing white tennis shoes and brought a camel-colored jacket in case she got cold.

Background:
  • Ximena was born in Bend, Oregon as the second child to Eugene and Jillian. The family was considered to be middle class with Eugene working as a bank manager and Jillian a mostly stay-at-home mother who worked seasonal jobs now and then.
  • Throughout her life she has had a hot and cold relationship with her sister, Margarita (Marge), who is two years her senior. They go through periods of fighting and periods of closeness.
  • Ximena got along well with both parents, but was especially close to her father. When she was 16, it came out that her father had been cheating on her mother and that he, in fact, had another child with this person and had a second family. In the end, he left Jillian. Since then, Jillian has had to work at a retail job to make ends meet and the family has had to cut spending significantly. Ximena began working at a local burger joint while Marge continued to go to university full-time.
  • Ximena has always been a good student and it pained her to see her grades dip as she became tired from working and she was upset to have to quit volleyball. She also has had an interest in photography from a young age, having entered nature photos into local contests. At 17 she signed up for OnlyFans (lying about her age), seeing it as a good opportunity to make more money while using less of her time, and started selling feet pictures. Now that she is 18, she also posts racy lingerie and swim suit photo sets with her face blurred or wearing masks. She enjoys the artistry of her photos and as long as her identity is unknown, doesn't mind shooting the content. The extra time has allowed her to rejoin volleyball.
  • She has an American green tree frog as a pet named Lollihop that she cares for. Spending time with him cheers her up. She takes a lot of photos of him.
  • She enjoys reading romance novels even though they make her sad because they remind her that she doesn't have someone who loves her.
  • Her Gift does not play a prominent role in her life and is mostly disregarded by her family. She usually only uses it when she is bored as a kind of fidgeting or sometimes cooking club will ask her to come by in a pinch to make food cook faster.
  • Most other students think Ximena is very studious and tight-laced. She usually declines invitations to go out with a few close friends being exceptions. About once a month she'll spend lunch crying in the bathroom, which other students think is strange but usually don't pry into.
  • Ximena isn't sure what she will do after high school as there isn't much money for her to go to college. She tentatively plans to expand her online sex work and sign up for community college with the intention to do photography.
Personality: She comes off as standoffish and cold to many people. She is quiet and doesn't talk much to people she doesn't know. Once she opens up, she is friendly and is protective of friends. Ximena is clever and can be a bit sarcastic with people, especially as of late. Since her father left, she has become depressed. She is often gloomy and if not lifted from the mood, she can be listless and unmotivated.

Other Skills: Athleticism, outdoors knowledge
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

Hello, Carrion Queen, I'm Jilly and I'll be your server today. Can I interest you in any appetizers to start off with?

Ximena is DENIED but just needs a few touches and I think she'd be good to go.

- In regards to her Gift, does she have to be physically "touching" the time displacement area for it to be active, or do her powers activate remotely based off of line of sight and just with her concentration? Does her own physical proximity to the time displacement box affect how slow or fast it can go or is it purely determined by how hard she can concentrate?
Ximena was born in Bend, Oregon as the second child to Eugene and Jillian. The family was considered to be middle class with Eugene working as a bank manager and Jillian a mostly stay-at-home mother who worked seasonal jobs now and then.
Ximena got along well with both parents, but was especially close to her father. When she was 16, it came out that her father had been cheating on her mother and that he, in fact, had another child with this person and had a second family. In the end, he left Jillian. Since then, Jillian has had to work at a retail job to make ends meet and the family has had to cut spending significantly. Ximena began working at a local burger joint while Marge continued to go to university full-time. Marge has a Gift of true photographic memory and excels in school. She is considered to be the best hope for the family.
I would ask you to maybe cut this bullet point down a little bit but honestly I'm so into this microfiction I think it should stay. I would get rid of the last two sentences about Marge since I'd consider them irrelevant for the scope of Supers profiles, though.
She has an American green tree frog as a pet named Lollihop that she cares for.
- How do Ximena's classmates view her? Does she have any post-high school aspirations?
Other Skills: Good athletic stamina from volleyball. Some outdoor knowledge from her photo hikes in nature.
- This section should have short items like Hobbies & Interests, so just leaving them it as "Athleticism, outdoors knowledge" or something to that effect would suffice.

That's all I got. Post in this thread again when you've got these points covered and I'll give Ximena another look, though don't be afraid to ask me any questions you have as well.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

The only question I have is DID YOU EVER KNOW THAT YOU'RE MY HEERROOOOOO

Edits are made.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

The hanging period in the Other Skills section needs to go but eh I'll take care of it for you. Welcome to SOTF Supers.

APPROVED

Return to “SOTF: Supers Approved Characters”