We're Mostly Made of Water

Day 3, Noon

Splitting the cliffs and complicating the approach to the lighthouse from the northern side of the island is the ravine, which cuts into the island, a deep valley with ocean at its bottom, especially during high tide. A large rope-bridge swings dangerously across the middle of the valley on that lighthouse path, though it has been worn and neglected over the years.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Holy shit."

Everything had changed. No longer was the focus of the scene on Jason and Michael and the fact that Jason didn't want him here and Michael was willing to ruin the only layer of protection he had, but it was on the fact that Kyran was vomiting up a disgusting layer of bile and stuff that shouldn't even have been human.

And all throughout, Jason's eye was on the AK-47.

That was a gun. An actual gun, with actual bullets. If he got his hands on that gun, he wouldn't need any of them. He could just aim it at them from a comfortable distance away, demand the rest of the ammo, then go on his merry way. It would make getting to the end of this thing and winning a simple task of point and click, if his experiences in Counter-Strike were anything to go by.

So when Adonis and Michael rushed to Kyran's unconscious side, Jason of course followed suit, shoving his own gun in his waistband and stepping over Kyran's as he mimicked what the other two were doing in regards to caring for Kyran's safety. But after a few seconds, he glanced backwards. The AK-47 was lying there, completely out in the open and unguarded.

For a few more seconds, he was concerned for Kyran's safety. But in the moments that followed, he edged slowly towards the gun on the ground.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Aura

Post by Aura »

Oh shit oh shit oh shit...

This was fucked.  This was totally fucked.  Kyran just let loose a waterfall of puke before taking a header into the dirt.  Whatever that was, it was definitely not good.  The guy probably needed a doctor or something, but Adonis sure as hell wasn't one.  All he had was a first-aid kit, and he was pretty sure that he didn't even know how half the shit in there worked.  And even if he knew, he still needed to know what the hell was wrong with him in the first place.  So yeah, Adonis was pretty useless right now.

Still, he'd be damned if he wasn't gonna at least give it a shot.

"Yo.  Yo Kyran."  He carefully approached his unconscious teammate.  He remembered something about not moving people too much if they were injured, so he didn't want to jerk the guy around.  He tapped Kyran on the shoulder a couple of times, the last attempt a bit more forceful than the few before it.  "Come on man, what's wrong?"

Yeah, this wasn't working, and he knew it.  He swallowed and grimaced, trying not to freak out.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Kyran!"

Michael didn't even register Jason anymore, Kyran was now on the ground, passed out. How the fuck did that happen?! Did somebody poison him?! Michael ran up to Kyran just to see if he was okay.

Adonis was already there, trying to revive him, but Kyran wasn't responding. He wasn't gonna wake up. "S-shit! What the hell happened to him?!"

Fuck, how you wake someone up who was passed the fuck out? Michael knelt beside him, putting two fingers on Kyran's neck, checking for a pulse.

Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead.  

Please do NOT be dead!

Michael felt a pulse.

Kyran was still alive at the very least, but he wouldn't be much different from dead if he was in a coma. He had to wake up, they had to wake him up somehow. What's the first thing you do for someone who's knocked out though? Elevation or some shit right?

"Hey Adonis, I'm gonna need your help, alright? I think we need to get blood back in Kyran's brain or some shit, so I'm gonna raise his legs, and you try to wake him up, alright? Try anything you can, and keep calling his name, if he doesn't wake up, don't be afraid to slap him or some shit. We need something that'll get his attention, aight?"

Michael moved to Kyran's legs, raising them up. Michael hoped to find out why this shit happened in the first place, he hoped it wasn't something they couldn't fix. He hoped it wasn't poison or some other crazy shit.

Come on, just wake up.

Wake up dammit!

I go through three days of shit, and I finally find you only for you to pass out on me?!

You better not be dead, you better fucking not, I will beat the shit out of your ghost if you die on me like this!

Wake up!
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

This was perfect. It could not be going more perfect. Adonis and Michael were both way too concerned with Kyran to even notice what he was doing. Every second he shuffled closer, squatting and shuffling across the dirt like a hermit crab, until finally, he was on top of Kyran's gun. It was within reach.

Jason stretched his arms out. They were touching the warm metal. A grin spread across his face. Finally. He was going to live. He knew he was better than everyone else, he knew he was the one who had the best chance of making it out, and now he had the accessories to help him achieve his goal. Nobody would mess with him now.

If Jason had been paying more attention, he would have noticed the centipede crawling through his hair.

A few seconds later, a screech broke through the air.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((GMing of MurderWeasel's character approved))

This had been a very good week for the flock. Of course, seagulls could not tell time, so it did not know the past several days as a "week", but more of a period of time where they not only had a bounty of food, but also visitors. The visitors always brought noise, but sometimes, sometimes they brought food as well.

Much like in the previous days, another cacophony erupted amongst the visitors. While many of the younger gulls, as well as some elders, fled into the safety of the sky, much of the flock had become braver. Previous rackets had not harmed them, so they only flew back several feet as an almighty din continued.

No harm came to them as they observed the visitors and their squabble. They stayed and watched. Some of the previously brave had flown off, back down to the bottom of the pit to scour for food, but many of them stayed. Visitors would always eventually bring food.

The bravest gull of the flock in particular was exceptionally keen for some food. He would wait all day for food if he had to, because he knew that these days were no ordinary days.

If seagulls had the capacity to feel disappointment, the bravest gull would be feeling it as it observed the visitors grouping together. Perhaps they knew of the gulls and their intentions, and sought to hide food from them. Many gulls in the flock had once tried to take food from a group of predators, and they were no longer amongst them. The bravest seagull was brave, but not foolish. He knew when to pick his battles.

But oh, what luck! One of the visitors had split off from the group. Perhaps he was the one who would bring him food. As the bravest gull watched closer, he even noticed there was a smaller morsel on top of him. It was a risk, but if seagulls could give each other names, then the bravest gull would not have achieved his reputation for nothing.

He flapped his wings, screeched into the air, and barreled towards the visitor and its morsel gift.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Jason had only a few seconds grip on the AK-47 when the screech filled the air, and a sharp pain erupted from his temple as a small, winged object clawed at his face. His hands flung the gun from his hands as a reaction and followed Jason's yells as he tumbled backwards onto the ground, fending off the mystery attacker.

"FUCK, FUCK, FUCKING FUCK!"

Only a few seconds later the creature flung itself into the sky again, tiny morsel in claws, and Jason stared incredulously at it as blood ran down the side of his face.

A seagull.

He had the gun in his hands, and then he was attacked by a fucking seagull. He sprung to his feet as it flew off and punched the air in a futile effort to bring down the gull.

"Fucking FUCK!"

It took a few more seconds of staring into oblivion for him to realize that Adonis and Michael's attention was fully on him now.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Aura

Post by Aura »

Adonis nodded hastily and crouched next to Kyran's head, letting Michael grab Kyran's legs before he got started with the whole attempted revival aspect.  Just like with many other situations he had encountered over the course of his time on the island, he had no idea what he was doing.  But it wasn't like they had any better options at the moment, so he would have to do.

He stared straight down at Kyran's face.  He still had the gauze from where Adonis had hammered him in the nose yesterday.  Come to think of it, he probably shouldn't get too physical.  You know, to keep from aggravating existing damage or something.

But if getting physical was out of the question, then that left only one option.  He leaned in close and started yelling.

"WakeupwakeupwakeupI'mgonnakicktheshitouttayouifyoudon'twakeup!"

Wait, hold up.  Was someone else yelling?  Yeah, that was the telltale sound of someone screaming "Fuck" a lot.  And for once, it wasn't Adonis.  He looked up and saw Jason flailing his arms at the air.  That wasn't the interesting part, though.  No, Adonis was more concerned with the fact that he had just seen Kyran's AK go flying from Jason's hands and hit the ground dangerously close to the puke puddle.

Oh, you motherfucker...

"Hey!"  Adonis stood up and stared a hole through Jason.  "The fuck you doin'?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Shit. No, no, no, no no no no no no no-

Jason's head snapped back down to see Michael and Adonis staring at him, Adonis having explicitly called him out. The panic on his face was palpable. The gun was by the vomit puddle - it might as well be in Narnia right now, for all the good it would do Jason.

But it was the least important part of everything right now. He'd fucked up. He needed to get out of here alive, so Jason was just going to lie his ass off until he figured out a way to escape.

"I...was just keeping it safe. If anyone came along right now, they could have just grabbed it."

He wasn't particularly good at it right now. Jason's eyes darted in every direction, looking for the green neon signs he knew would never start flashing.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Aura

Post by Aura »

"Bullshit."

Yeah, Adonis wasn't buying that, not for a second. The gun was right there next to them. If someone was gonna take it, then they would've noticed. And guess what? They did. He took a step closer, partly for intimidation, and partly so that he could get closer to the gun to keep Jason from making another move for it.

"Now you wanna try again?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Well, that didn't work. It was worth a try, but that story wasn't going anywhere.

Maybe he could pretend to be selfish, pretend he was doing it because he wanted the gun but was still going to keep ahold of it. Shit, maybe he should have went with that first.

"Okay, I was going to take it. I wanted it. But do you know how easy it would be for someone to just come in and take us out right now, with Kyran like this? I was doing you all a favour. And now you're fucking getting on my case."

Jason wasn't being convincing. But he didn't need to be convincing, he just needed to stall. Find an escape, even if it meant going through them.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Aura

Post by Aura »

Adonis was unmoved, and Jason really sucked at making a case for himself. The whole "I was going to steal your gun because it would be so easy for someone else to do it" defense wasn't gonna hold up for shit, mostly because it was fucking stupid. And to act like he's being the bad guy for calling him out? It's like he was just asking for a punch in the nose.

"I think we were doin' just fine, so I'm pretty sure we didn't need you takin' our shit."

Fuming, he took another step forward. He clenched and unclenched his fists at his side.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Well, that didn't work either. The options were falling down the metaphorical ravine just as easily as he could jump over them and fall into the real ravine. But Adonis was getting closer.

"Well."

Jason looked him up and down. Adonis was huge. He played football for a reason. He had at least a hundred pounds on Jason, but they almost met at the eyes.

Now was as good an opportunity as any. He was never going to have this again in his life, and if he didn't he probably wasn't going to have much of a life left.

Quickly, Jason grabbed Adonis by his stupid jersey and rammed the top of his skull into his face.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Aura

Post by Aura »

(GMing approved by Brackie)

*CRUNCH*

Adonis' nose was sent rocketing into Jason's head, and he felt like a tiny bomb had just gone off in the front of his face.  His nose seemed to crumple from the impact, and he could taste something metallic.  It hurt.  It hurt real bad.  He reflexively slammed his hand over his face, which only made the pain worse.  He squealed out a groan.

His nose was broken, that was for damn sure.  It had happened once during practice, but breaking it from a bad fall and breaking it because some asshole busted it against his head were entirely different situations.  And while he was still hurting, it was diluted by fury.

He saw Jason try to run past, making a move for the AK.  Nuh-uh.  Not now, asshole.  Adonis grabbed the back of his shirt collar and yanked him back as hard as he could.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Impact. Good. It felt just as good as hitting a home run. As Adonis stumbled, Jason made a move for the gun, but just as he almost reached it with his fingers, he felt a force yank him backwards.

Fuck, Adonis wasn't out of the picture yet. Just because he had a broken nose, didn't mean he was down for the count. As he spun back around from the force, he threw his fist at Adonis's face again. He missed. Fuck.

But he didn't let the false swing stop him. He used his momentum to turn his failure into another attack. He barreled into Adonis, just like Paris did the first day. Jason was David, and Adonis was his Goliath he intended to knock down.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Aura

Post by Aura »

Jason took a hell of a wild swing. Sure, it didn't come anywhere close to hitting, but Adonis was pretty wary of it. He already had a fresh wound, and he didn't want to pick up another one so soon. Unfortunately, while he was watching for Jason to take another swing, the baseball player took a course of action that he hadn't been expecting.

He just slammed right into him, with no regard for protecting himself from the impact.

Adonis' feet left the ground, and he realized that he was about to be in a lot of pain. Unfortunately, he had neither the time nor ability to brace himself, so he just tumbled to the ground unceremoniously with a jackass on top of him.

Return to “The Ravine”