Captain Without a Crew

Open

These are the passenger areas of the cruise ship, consisting of winding hallways spanning multiple floors, full of guest quarters, recreational facilities, bathrooms, and the like. Windows are many here, offering a good view of the rest of the arena, though the central location of the cruise ship means only pieces may be viewed from any given angle. The corridors connect all areas of the cruise ship and more; a number of emergency exits have been opened and ladders affixed to these points allow for entry and exit to the jetties and smaller boats nearby.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Captain Without a Crew

Post by Espi »

((Kaya Robinson continued from Stars and Suns))

Kaya woke up early the morning after the eighth announcement. She spent a while in the same room, eating about half of the food she had left. Just a couple bottles of water and some bread was left.

She spent a few more minutes checking her guns. At a certain point, she rose to her feet, pointed at the outside facing wall, and fired the Zip 22 three times.

Bang

Bang

Click

The gun jammed and she spent another few minutes fumbling it until the case came free. Then she did it again. After clearing the chamber again, she reloaded the gun with the last of the bullets she'd taken. She shoved the gun into the inside pocket of her trenchcoat at her right hip. The left hip was occupied by the cutlass.

She left the hat on the bed, untied her hair and tried to fix it up a bit. Having been unwashed and slept in for days, it was a bit of a mess, and she eventually gave up and tied it back once more.

The rifle was still in her hands as she stepped outside and into the hallway, where she began walking slowly, eyes bright and alert. "So, Steph, how much can you tell me at this point?" she asked under her breath. "I'm pretty much flying by my ass here. Think it should be pretty clear what I'm trying to do, so hope I don't need to explain again."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Ashanti Baker continued from The Captain's Quarters))

She'd failed him.

All that time she thought she'd helped Matias out, she'd actually failed him. Seo-yun got the kill, killed two of her teammates, and then she got out.

Seo-yun was gone, Ashanti was still here, and she was no closer to actually finding Gregory or Anthony than when she'd started. She'd had one of her worst fears confirmed with Gabriela's death, and now her chances were dwindling down. She didn't like her chances alone, especially because of her, well, "status". Nearly everyone who had won this game had "done" something - even the handful of mute ones. Nick Woods lost his voice on the first day, but he spent the entirety of the game waging war against literally anyone he saw and going insane.What had she done? She'd been pushed around by Matias, and kidnapped a girl for no reason, both things which had not paid off for her. She knew if someone was going to have to represent the season as the sole survivor from the end of the game, it couldn't be her. She had nothing. She had no shot.

But as a team? As a team, she stood a significantly larger chance. She had weight to spread. She could carry the load of others. All she needed to do was find her teammate, get him to co-operate, be him sane or Anthony, and no matter who it was she could make it work.

If she could find him, at least.

Ever since leaving Matias's body, she'd stalked the halfways, becoming even more aware of her own sound than usual. This was all that was left of the army of boats, and she wasn't going to be caught out. Every time she heard footsteps, she retreated into a room and shut the door. She saw people, people whose faces were warped through the peephole, but she was sure they weren't who she was looking for. They walked at various speeds, and they weren't aware of her presence. If they did find out she existed, she'd have a revolver to blast into their face.

In theory, at least. She'd spent so much time aiming her gun at Mandy, but she'd not pulled the trigger. The only time she'd used any real weapon against another human was when she thought she'd mercy killed Matias, but that wasn't even a real mercy kill. She'd just punched a corpse. That was different from what she would need to do.

Of course, several minutes into her latest silent escape to the nearest cabin, almost flung herself to the floor upon hearing the two gunshots in the room over.

She flattened herself against the ground, between the two beds, breathing heavily. There were no follow-up gunshots. Just the echoes. She felt the metal tense into her grip.

The only real follow-up was a voice. Girl's voice. From the time she'd spent looking at the people in her binder, she knew who Steph was. No use to her. Someone else's team was in the hallway, their voice losing volume ever so slightly.

Ashanti was going to have to test her mettle here. Prove to herself, definitively, that she was capable of getting out of here. Get up, walk out, get the jump on them, shoot, rob.

She could do that, for sure. She just needed to breath. In. Out.

And again; in, and out.

One more time: in; out.

It didn't help - her chest just tightened further.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Wham Yubeesling

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

A voice that is distinctly masculine comes through Kaya's mic.

"Hey, I'm Cooper, I'm an intern and, uh, there's been some technical difficulties and Steph is probably going to come back to the mentor boat for a couple of hours at least. She told me if you tried to contact me to try and come back then. She'll be there as soon as the can."
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya raised an eyebrow.

"T-technical difficulties?" she muttered. "What's that supposed to mean?"

As she spoke, Kaya began moving slowly forward further down the hall. There was a door to the left, neighboring the one she'd spent the night in. Kaya took a fair few steps to reach it, absently tugging at the collar as she spoke. "I mean...can I talk to her later then? Does this use up my one use? Kinda sucks if it does, you know?"

Kaya returned both hands to the gun and looked at the door next to her, stopping. "I guess in the meantime, uh, how many of my teammates are left? Ritzy said three but one's me and one is, uh...yeah."

Kaya bit her lip. "But yeah she wasn't on the announcement yet so I assume it's just one more person because math. Any hints?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

This what what happened when Ashanti second-guessed herself now. She was trapped.

The voice came closer - something about Steph not being at her station or something - and she realized just how close the girl with the gun was now. Ashanti pulled herself up from the floor, and kept her hand glued to the handle of her revolver.

She could take a shot here. She was invisible, a non-factor. But if she missed, she was stuck, and probably dead. She couldn't die in a fucking cabin by herself after missing a shot.

Her eyes scanned the room. She saw the corner table closest to the hallway. Within seconds, she cleared it, putting everything on the bed. She didn't know how loud the springs were, but she was lacking options.

There she sat. She held up her gun.

And she waited for the worst case scenario.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Wham Yubeesling

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

"Uhhhhhh can't answer your questions but Steph'll be back and I'm pretty sure you can talk to her.

"She can talk to Steph again right? This phase?

"Yeah. You can. This won't count for mentor talks and stuff, I think."
Espi

Post by Espi »

"Right. Cool."

Kaya nodded. She seemed to consider for a moment, but then, a faint thump from the door beside her caught her attention, as she bolted upright and lunged backwards, gripping her rifle and stepping to the hallway on the side of the door. The handle was next to her as she looked down.

Kaya glanced over her shoulder, the way she came from. She frowned and took a breath. "Hey, I'm not here to fight. Who's in there? Can I come in?"

Her hands tightened their grip.
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

((Anthony Golden continued from my battery is low and it's getting dark))

He still couldn't get the banquet hall out of his head. All the blood and dead bodies and the smell. Anthony knew that he shouldn't care about that. Why should he? It wasn't like he had never seen a body before. He'd made plenty beforehand, in fact. But something there had gotten at him, wormed its way into his head and it wouldn't let go. It was maybe just... the sheer volume of death. There had to be what, four or five bodies in there? The girl with her organs lying open for the world to see, the guy who had been shot with a shotgun, Junji, Diana, and then Elliott. It left a feeling in Anthony's stomach that he didn't like, and one that he couldn't shake.

Nonetheless, he couldn't stop when he was so close. He had been walking for a few minutes, enough time to separate himself from the banquet hall and loop back around into the corridors, when he heard someone talking. Letting out an exhale of anticipation, Anthony shouldered the De Lisle, and made his way to the source of the voice, hanging out near a cabin: Kaya Robinson. Anthony didn't know her, and funnily enough, right now he didn't feel like shooting her, either. She was holding onto a rifle, and reflexively, Anthony's grip tightened on his. He had paused at the other end of the corridor, trying his best to look casual.

"Hey." It was the first thing that he could think of saying. Maybe he'd end up getting shot and people would be raging about his idiocy. Maybe Kaya'd end up getting shot, and Anthony would have someone else to have nightmares about. Maybe neither of them would be shot and they'd all go home happy. "Not going to shoot you if you don't shoot me." That should do it.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

It was the wrong fucking crab.

She needed to find Gregory, by all accounts. Per Ritzy, the other one was a prolific killer. Per Ben, Gregory was safe. But here she was, stuck in a room, creating a random girl sandwich on crabmeat bread.

Ashanti thought her worst moment had come when that lamp fell off the bed and created the thump, which random hallway girl heard and responded to. She had no way of getting out of there, no way to respond safely. Either she blasted her way out and created violence, or she acted quietly, and subsequently suddenly, and she didn't know how the other person would react. Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck, she'd thought, at the time, because that had been the worst moment she could possibly have anticipated.

But instead, the worst moment was when Anthony showed up and started speaking British. By all accounts, he was a psychopath she couldn't work with. Which, in all likelihood, meant he was a psychopath this random girl in the hallway couldn't work with. Which was a net positive for her. It meant she didn't need to sit in that fucking corner until the end of time. Unless Anthony decided that Ashanti was an enemy, in which case she'd beg for that corner back.

Either way, Ashanti silently pulled herself up from the table, and began moving herself to the doorway. What was going to happen here? Who the fuck knew? Either way, Ashanti's finger rested on the trigger of the revolver.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi

Post by Espi »

At the sound of the approaching footsteps, Kaya stepped away from the door and raised her gun. As Anthony rounded the corner, she didn't quite point the gun at him, but she did turn to face him.

Kaya raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly. "Right. Said that to the last, what was it, six people, yeah?" She glanced over her left shoulder at the door to her side out of the corner of her eyes. "I'm just havin' a look around. You seen Amy? Tall, about my height white girl, straight brown hair? Or how 'bout any other Buccaneers?"

She frowned. "I'll just be on my way, if not."
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Anthony was going to rebuke Kaya’s snarky little comment, and then decided not to. What difference did it make whether his last seven kills had been justified or moral or not? Yesterday’s Anthony would have cared, but the Anthony of today didn’t give two shits.

“Last saw her in the banquet hall. Few minutes ago.” The lie slipped out easily enough. He hadn’t seen Amy at all, but who knows, maybe she was in the banquet hall. Either way, Kaya would be out of his way. If he was lucky, Amy would be in the banquet hall, and from the way Kaya looked, Anthony didn’t imagine that both of them would be making it out alive. Another step closer to victory.

He almost found himself thanking her for killing Eric, but then the words died in his throat as he opened his mouth, and he closed it again. She had killed a Crab. She had killed an ally of his, even if at the time he didn’t see it that way. If Eric was here? He’d be one step closer to victory. One step closer to home. So Anthony kept his mouth shut.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

When the girl started saying names, Ashanti immediately loosened her stance right before taking the binder out and placing it on the bed. She began leafing through the pages until she got to the pink section. Everyone there was dead except for three girls - Bethan, Kaya, and Luanne, and Ashanti had already met Luanne and knew that wasn't what she sounded like. One of two girls, one of whom was a murderer. As for why she was asking for Amy, Ashanti didn't really know or care, since Amy wasn't on that team.

There were probably a million stories going on on this boat, even with all the dead ones, but the only ones that Ashanti cared about were the ones that she could see through to living.

Which is why, when Anthony gave instructions, Ashanti's mind clicked into place, and it began to pick up the pencil for what was going to have to happen here.

She moved from the bed to the door, opened it, and pointed her gun at the girl standing there.

She looked at the boy spoken of so viciously by their mentor.

She looked back at the girl, Kaya.

And she began motioning with her gun down the opposite end of the corridor.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya opened her mouth to reply to Anthony, only for the door besides her to open. She turned to look, and found herself staring into the barrel of Ashanti's gun.

For a moment, Kaya gritted her teeth, flinching back, hands clenched on her weapon, finger on the trigger. Then, she shrugged. "Fine, fine. I was heading off, anyway."

Gun raised ever so slightly, eyes fixated on the other two's hands--and their weapons--Kaya walked backwards down the hallway until she was out of sight. Then, she sprinted off into the ship.

((Kaya Robinson continued in Did you ever see a scorpion with sunstroke sting itself to death? Well I have.))
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

When the door Kaya was leaning against opened, Anthony almost shot the girl that popped out to point a revolver at Kaya out of instinct, but he was taken by surprise. Thankfully, the girl wielding the gun didn't want to shoot him, and instead she just told Kaya to go away. Well, more gestured to go away, but still. Once Kaya was gone, Anthony let out a sigh. "Should have shot her." Was he speaking to the girl or himself? Either way, he recognised the girl. Ashanti Baker, the girl hanging around Matias when he came into the pool a few days ago, and a fellow Crab. He had finally found a teammate.

"Well, we could have been shot by her on sight, so it coulda gone worse. Bloody hell." Anthony let go of the De Lisle, letting it dangle by its makeshift sling, looking at Ashanti. She didn't seem too banged up, which was good. If they were going to get out of this place alive, everyone needed to be at peak physical level. And, well, at least two outta three of them having a gun was definitely a good thing. You don't need to get up close if you can just shoot them. But having a backup sure does fucking put your mind at rest.

"You've got a gun. Do you have something for up close? Here, let me-" Fumbling with his backpack, Anthony pulled the stun baton/weird cane thing out of it, and offered it to Ashanti. "Stun baton, I think. Not lethal, but it'll probably give you time to reload. Or stomp their head in. Either works." He was being all business, but it was actually thrilling to meet someone who he knew wasn't gonna knife him in his sleep. "Glad to finally touch base with another Crab." Anthony was speaking too fast, he knew that, probably overwhelming Ashanti, but his odds just shot up. Maybe he could get Ashanti out of here alive too. Find the third one - Gregory? Was that him? - and they'd be a force to challenge Fisk and anyone on his little murder team that was still alive.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Anthony looked a lot worse than last time.

Talked even more as well.

As Ashanti stood in that doorway as Anthony, with that fresh new burn on his face, rattled on and on about tactics and weapons and Kaya almost shooting them on sight, she couldn't help but finally be relieved that somebody else could think about that sort of stuff now. Ever since she disappeared with Mandy, her brain had been on autofire, trying to figure out every new possible way to keep herself alive in every situation. Being constantly alone does something to a person, and in her case, constantly planning and figuring out new plans to replace the old plans had made her as tired as she'd been without that sleep, and the only moment she'd felt normal, in some sick twisted way, was when she had to kill Matias, something it turns out she hadn't even done correctly. So to have Anthony pre-emptively start planning and strategizing? It felt good, no lie.

Of course, all of that predecated on Ashanti actually teaming up with him. He'd killed six people, the announcements were weird about it, and Ben hated him. She had the choice not to go with it. She could wait, find Gregory, hope he was in better shape. She didn't know whether or not it was a realistic choice, but it was definitely a choice.

For now, though, he wasn't acting weird, aside from talking a lot and not letting her get a word in. Well, not that she could. But he didn't even wait and see, so it was just as bad.

Once he finished, she looked him up and down.

She took the cane from his hands.

Inhaled, and exhaled in a way one might constitute a sigh.

She pointed to him, then motioned backwards with her thumb to the room whose doorway she stood in.

Time to see if this holier-than-thou loser from the soccer team was worth the time if it meant they could both live.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “Cruise Ship: Corridors”