Official Power Claim Thread!

Claim and view claimed powers here!

Important information about the game and its universe may be found here.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

Name: Raja Narang

Gift: Siren Voice
Power Details: Raja’s voice has a disorienting, sedative effect on those who hear it. The exact effect varies from person to person, but generally those affected experience some degree of drowsiness, confusion, and sometimes loss of physical coordination or feelings of nausea. The severity of the effects experienced are generally proportional with the volume at which Raja is vocalizing. It is the sound of the vocalization rather than the content that causes the symptoms; people listening do not have to understand the language Raja is speaking, nor does he have to say intelligible words. Animals who process sound the same way that humans do are similarly affected. Recordings of his voice do not retain this effect, but speaking over the phone or via another means of direct communication does as long as he can be clearly heard.
Limitations and Drawbacks: Raja’s Gift is involuntary, and it affects everyone other than himself who hears his voice, regardless of his intent. It only lasts as long as he is actively vocalizing, so the effect can’t be maintained indefinitely; once he stops, the effects will dissipate in a few minutes. Though someone doesn’t necessarily have to understand what he is saying, they do have to audibly hear him in order to be affected. This means he can be drowned out or interrupted by environmental noise fairly easily, the effects are less pronounced over distance, and anyone who is hard-of-hearing or deaf is resistant or immune. He has to primarily communicate through sign language or writing, in order to prevent others from experiencing the negative effects of his Gift.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Name: Mattie Wilkinson

Gift: Hindsight
Power Details: Mattie has the ability to remember a past memory and see the potential aftereffects an alternative choice on his part would have had. He perceives these potential outcomes as if they were actually happening to him. This gift can be used on any memory of his, as far back as he can remember. He is mostly able to control this ability, the same way most people can simply choose which memory to remember. He is able to use these would-be flashbacks to more actively learn from past mistakes and decisions, usually in more mundane situations, such as using them to correct wrong answers on exams.
Limitation and Drawbacks: As he perceives these would-be memories as if they were happening in real life, Mattie has to be standing or sitting still in order to enter a flashback, making his gift almost unusable in combat situations. In addition, his gift only lasts from thirty to sixty seconds, and is only usable with choices he made. He cannot determine potential outcomes hinging on other people making different choices, nor can he use his gift on things he cannot remember, such as while he is sleeping, for example. Also, his flashbacks are only as reliable as his memories are, meaning if he were to misremember a key detail about a past event, his flashback would be similarly unreliable. Finally, there is an element of uncontrollability to this gift, as sometimes Mattie can enter a flashback without meaning to, particularly during bouts of strong emotion like regret or excitement. While pulling himself out of a flashback is as simple as moving an arm, much like waking yourself from sleep, this means that sometimes Mattie can get caught unawares, potentially leaving him vulnerable during life-or-death situations.
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
PlatFleece

Post by PlatFleece »

Name: Lucine Everett

Gift: Selective Omniscience
Power Details: Lucine is able to fully understand the physical capabilities of any inanimate object she is touching. This means that she will understand the intricate details of how an object works, as well as its most common uses, akin to someone who is an expert at operating the object. She will also know how to repair the object and how to best utilize it in its most common use.
Limitations and Drawbacks: Lucine needs to actually touch the object to gain said knowledge. Additionally, while this allows Lucine to have knowledge of how the object works and how to operate it, it does not actually give her the skills to do so. For instance, if she were to touch a Guandao, she would know how to best utilize it as a weapon, but it does not give her the training required to properly wield it as a weapon. She also cannot use this power on something that's intangible. She can't learn Biology from a Biology textbook or hack into a computer's security system by touching the computer (at best she can figure out how that specific computer works). The power also gives her knowledge of how an object is most commonly used. She will know how to best drive a sports car and the terrain needed to drive it, but she will still be clueless on how to use it as a makeshift raft in the open sea.

Return to “SOTF: Supers Important Information”