Love Secret Desire

Private (Around 2pm on Day 3)

A decommissioned Coast Guard vessel that last saw service in 1986, the Patrol Boat has a distinctive military efficiency about it. Tight corridors, a secure cabin, and no decorations leave it somewhat less immediately captivating than other ships in the flotilla, but its larger size, ample deck space, and the gigantic, still-functional floodlight mounted on it set it apart from the general sprawl of smaller vessels, and offer a certain potential for the intrepid.
Primrosette

Love Secret Desire

Post by Primrosette »

((Bacchia Rubus is at her conclusion from Go for Broke))

How long has they been at the patrol boat?

Bacchia wasn't sure but she was suddenly feeling pretty restless at not doing anything productive and she let out a soft hum of a song. She didn't know what she was humming to be perfectly honest, she had just wanted to entertain herself in her own way and she was wondering what RJ was currently thinking about.

She wouldn't be surprised if it was Anthony again. He was on her mind as well and so was James and the other Respects. She wondered if Ivan's reign of terror was finally over somehow. She wondered if the boy had bled out from her fatal wound that she had inflicted upon him and she didn't mind if she would get the credit for it. She would have felt somewhat bad for Ivan if he wasn't a stubborn bastard out for revenge on them all. He might still be luring out there somewhere and she shivered at that unfortunate thought.

"Hmm. Hey, RJ?"

She was holding the sword in her hands and she turned her head to look at her partner in crime.

"If you want to talk about anything on your mind, now is the time to do so. I'm all ears if you need me to listen." She offered with a sincere smile spreading across her face.
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

[[RJ Blackburn continued from Go for Broke]]

He should've taken the shot.

It probably wouldn't have found it's mark. It may have even gotten the attention of the shooter in the other room, even if the gun had a natural silencer. It very well could've just gotten him, Bacchia, Nadine and Luanne all killed.

But damn it, there was a psycho running around ready to kill people with as little justification as possible! And RJ had him at gun point, one finger twitch away from him being gone and no longer being a problem! And what did he do? Run away like a fucking moron!

SOTF wasn't a slasher movie, but if another version of RJ somehow was back home watching what had happened, he would be laughing at the dumbass that had just failed to fix his own problems. That, or screaming at him; one of the two.

But instead, he was back on this boat. With an actual ally this time, yeah, but it still felt hollow. A victory he hadn't truly earned. He should've been back at this boat after taking out an enemy, to make him feel more in-control of his situation, or something.

Instead, it just felt like his symbol of running away. Cowardice.

Bacchia asked him a question and gave him a smile. The effort was enough to make him have a small grin of his own. It was forced, but it was something.

"I think I'm just frustrated, really," he said. "I just had the chance to end it, and I...didn't. I'm glad I didn't get us killed by that other person, but it still sorta stings, you know?"

Bacchia probably understood. She probably felt the same thing. They both wanted Anthony to no longer be a problem, and he still was one. It sucked for both of them.
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Mmm." Bacchia nodded her head slightly in an understanding manner and she had seen how Anthony had been very delusional in his hunt for so-called players. Sure, she was possibly one of the people who had been more willing to kill others to reach her goal beforehand.... But now she was going to try to better herself.

She just hoped that Luanne and Nadine had gotten themselves out of that mess without any harm from a foolish Anthony and she wondered who had been the mysterious shooters back there. Not that she wanted to get a gunshot wound to the chest for just her mild curiosity.

"I can't blame you for feeling that way, RJ. Anthony really is a lost cause indeed, huh?" She asked with a small sigh and she clicked her tongue softly. "I feel like that wasn't the right time to take him down. It would have been more messy if the other person or persons heard your gun going off and decided to come outside to take us down instead."

She reached one of her hands off of her sword and she rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

"Next time.... We should lure him into a trap. Trap him in a corner so that he can't hide or run away before we can even take him out of this game for good."
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

A part of RJ couldn't help but wonder who the other shooter had been. Was it perhaps Eric, still ambushing people without a care in the world? Maybe it was Seo-yun, still going on her killing spree, hoping to get the ten to escape early? Could it have actually been someone from one of their own teams, and had there been any chance RJ or Bacchia could've talked them down?

He didn't know. And when he thought about it, it really didn't matter. Even with a silenced gun, it was best not to risk drawing the attention of people who potentially had more fire power. And though a part of him wished to think positive and imagine the possibility of having some form of peace, as time went on he could see that happening less and less.

They weren't going to be the class that rebelled or anything special.

They were going to be season 67. And nothing was going to change that.

So with Bacchia's comments on Anthony, RJ sighed, but nodded. "You're right, I think. On both points. Anthony is way...way too far gone. He's just...he's gonna be a danger to everyone, at this rate. I'm glad neither of us died trying to take him down, but it's still...hard to deal with, really."

God, he felt like this was stupid. Not what they were saying, but how he was saying things. Too much of it was how he was feeling-about him. Could he be any more of a-okay, no, he wasn't a narcissist. But he was starting to feel like one, with how much he was angsting about not killing Anthony. Best to change the subject at this point.

"A trap sounds good. Get him in a corner or maybe against a railing on the cruise ship. Something that he can't run away from."

RJ always had a chance to run, the times he went against Anthony. He couldn't give Anthony that same chance, if he wanted to finish things.
[+] The Living
[+] The Dead
[+] The Future
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

((James Highchurch continued from Mortal Kombat))

James had never managed to catch up with Verity, or with Akeno. It had just been him wandering around the flotilla, thinking about Sofia and what she’d told him.

On his way off of the ferry, he’d seen the body. He’d known Lucille Mendoza back at school, they’d even gone out a couple times, though not much had come of that. She’d been a big fan of SOTF, to a degree that was difficult for James to keep up with, and which didn’t bother him nearly as much as he now knew it should have. Didn’t matter much though, because now Lucille had been killed by Sofia because Sofia had been brought into the Respects by James.

It had been an asshole move on his part to just run off on her after that, but James couldn’t be there. He couldn’t, like, talk to Sofia about how he felt disgusted that he’d played such a big part in bringing her to that point, that the person he’d brought into the Respects to bridge that gap between himself and the others, so that he might not be so isolated in his status there, had been integrated like the rest.

Who would he have to say anything like that to? Vasily? Fisk? They’d probably insist that he had to do more to carry his own weight in the group, to follow Sofia’s example. Verity wouldn’t be much help either, so desperate to keep everyone at an arm’s length. Bacchia was gone, maybe dead. Keegan and Giselle were definitely dead.

So, even in a group of people he knew, a group of friends, James was alone again.

Not wanting to just return to the ferry now that his search had turned fruitless, James just kept walking along the jetties, waiting for some fortitude to return to his gut. It was seemingly taking a while.

As he passed by the patrol boat, though, his eyes caught something that drew his attention immediately. Like, holy shit.

“Bacchia! Holy shit, you’re- holy shit!” He broke into a sprint as he ran from the adjacent jetty and onto the deck of the ship. He might’ve run right up and given her a hug or something foolish like that, but was stopped in his tracks when he saw RJ with her.

“Um… yeah, I just… Hi.” James gave a slow wave to both, but his attention was still really on Bacchia. He could’ve cried in that moment, with so much swirling in his mind, but he didn’t. James only smiled.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Bacchia thought about how they could plan things out for taking out Anthony and she wondered how RJ felt about taking another friend out. But this time it was for a good purpose as Leo was no threat and Anthony still was one to them and anyone else. The fact that he thought that anyone could be players after they had killed anyone by accident or just in self-defense for themselves or to save someone else in danger....

Bacchia found it very alarming.

"We could always get a bit experimental with trying to lure him. We could get-"

Bacchia heard a voice.

A familiar voice that she both did and didn't want to hear.

Why was James here right now..?

She saw him running right up onto the deck and she gaped a little. She almost felt the urge to run right over to him to give him a huge hug and she wanted to apologize for being a complete bitch to him before the Ivan mess back on the ferry. He was waving and smiling. Ugh. What do I even like this dumb dork?

"James...."

She paused as she glanced at RJ and then back at James.

"Oh, right. You don't have to raise your gun at him, RJ. James is a harmless one." She said with a small chuckle and she made her way over to him, wondering if James thought it was strange that she was not in her gothic attire. "I didn't think that I would see you at all, James. But I'm kind of glad that you are, honestly."
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Honestly, RJ wasn't sure how to go about luring someone into a trap. Not his forte, really. The most he could immediately come up with were options that weren't the best. Live bate would just risk someone's life, not to mention the potential that some bad aiming on RJ's part could lead to the poor person getting shot and even killed. The idea required either Bacchia relinquishing her sword to make Anthony think he found a new weapon-something RJ was not even going to entertain-or they would need to find another weapon, and that was a challenge in it's own right.

But Bacchia could have ideas. Probably better ones. So it shouldn't have been too much of a problem.

What was a problem was the random person calling out to them.

RJ turned to the guy-James? He was pretty sure it was James-and felt his arms twitch. His stupid body needed to calm the fuck down and acknowledge what his brain knew-not everyone was going to try and hurt him, and anyone that wanted to would be stupid to get his attention before trying to.

And it would be especially stupid for someone on his own team to do something like that.

Because that certainly was a red bandana around one of James' wrists. Exact shade as the one around RJ's own.

And while there had been a few team kills at that point, if he remembered and understood things correctly, they were some different circumstances. No one was going around, willy nilly, killing their own team mates just for the Hell of it.

So with Bacchia's assurances, RJ nodded and chose not to speak. Instead just lifting up his own hand and waving, letting his bandana be visible.

'Please let this not end like the last team meet-up I had. I don't wanna watch another person die.'
[+] The Living
[+] The Dead
[+] The Future
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Well, RJ was being chill, which was a good sign. That meant he could focus on more important matters, namely Bacchia.

“Yeah, Bacchia I- I didn’t think I’d see you either. We… Bacchia we didn’t know whether you were dead or not, after what happened with Ivan and then the announcements. It was just so fucking much and…” James remembered the announcements, that Bacchia wouldn’t know everything that had happened.

“Bacchia,” he swallowed, stepping closer, “Ivan broke Keegan’s neck, or… I think he did. I don’t know. Verity had to end it for him because… Bacchia, because of all that I had to think he really got you too.”

James found himself becoming increasingly emotional as he spoke, face growing hot, shoulders tensing. The weight of the previous night, and of the events earlier in the morning, bore down upon him again, but he didn’t need to think of it like that. This was a good moment, a hopeful moment.

“But now you’re alive! And- Bacchia, everybody’s gonna lose it when you come back.” He was now just a few steps in front of her, big smile on his face. Sure, Bacchia'd had some rough spots, but without her, the Respects had turned into an even greater spiral of bullshit.

And he’d missed her, in the end.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Bacchia listened quietly and politely while James was speaking about what happened in the aftermath after she had dipped off the ferry. If her face could have gotta more paler, it would have done so after hearing that Keegan had died because of Ivan and she felt like she had failed the boy that was now gone. She should have just stabbed Ivan a million times like the bloodthirsty animal that she was supposed to be. She guessed she couldn't be surprised that Verity had been the one to put Keegan out of his misery since they had been friends more that the Respects had been Keegan's friends. Even if Bacchia still didn't trust Verity, she could understand why she had done it.

Bacchia then raised an eyebrow when James mentioned her going back to the group and she knew that he was going to be disappointed about what she was going to tell him about that.

"Shit, Keegan's gone...? I should have tried harder to kill that son of a bitch. I got really lucky with Ivan as I managed to get a good hit on him, but it wasn't enough." She let out a small sigh and she did feel slightly sad that she had failed to stop Ivan from hurting any of the others in the group. At Keegan didn't have to deal with this nightmare anymore. "Damn... I'm sorry that Keegan's gone now."

You guys should have protected him. What the hell is the point in having a big group if you can't protect one of your own from one measly person?!

Not that she had any right to say that to James. He just looked so happy in front of her and she was about to crush his hopeful side.

"I'm not coming back with you, James."
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

James probably could’ve explained what happened to Keegan in a better manner than he actually had. It was dire news for someone to receive and he hadn’t done a whole lot to soften the blow with how he’d just blurted it out.

Maybe if he’d taken the time to be more delicate in his wording, he might have gotten a different response from Bacchia.

“Wait… what?” It took James a moment to respond, the smile slipping from his face.

“Bacchia, what are you talking about? You- Bacchia, Ivan’s still out there and everyone was so… it’s-” James stopped himself, taking a breath. It felt like a betrayal, the idea that Bacchia might have simply been avoiding the group since their separation. She might’ve been avoiding him.

But that was a visceral, emotional reaction. Bacchia was odd, in a manner not unlike Fisk, Vasily, and the others. There was a coldness to the other original members of the Respects, a sort of casual cruelty that had bothered James, but it was in that light that he could understand Bacchia’s words.

“Okay, okay.” He began to smile again, more hesitantly than before. “I get it. Not sure I’d call it, like, ‘haha’ funny, but at least you’ve still got the spirit to tease me about crap.”

“But seriously, we should get back soon. Everyone else will be waiting.” He took a step forward, extending his hand. “For both of us.”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Bacchia listened to James' words that sounded confused over her refusing to come back to the group and that he thought that she was teasing him about it afterwards. He seemed like he really wanted her to go back with him and she almost felt tempted to do so. Almost. She didn't want to just straight up abandon RJ and there was no way that she was going to take him back to a group who couldn't protect one of their own. AGAIN.

Bacchia reached over to James' hand and she took a hold on it, giving it a small, gentle squeeze. It felt so soft and warm in her grasp. She didn't want to let him go.

"I'm not joking around, James. I'm being very serious about this and I hope that you can understand why." She was looking right at his face with a calming expression and she mulled over what to say to him next. "The group is going to fall apart if Fisk doesn't get his shit together. He's too emotional, reckless, impulsive.... Hell, he almost got us killed because of the Jasper business. Fisk is a loose cannon that is going to explode and you know it, James. You have to."

She paused in her speech and she glanced back at RJ for a second or so before looking back at James who was so close in front of her.

"I can't just leave RJ alone. We need each other, we have plans."

She then thought of something that was going to be risky to say.

"Maybe you can quit The Respects and join with us, James. We can figure out things together, right?" She suggested with a small smile.
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Well, this was. Certainly a conversation. That was happening in front of RJ. One that he couldn't help but feel awkward hearing. James wanted Bacchia back with the Respects. Bacchia didn't want to go back with the Respects. James thought she was joking. Bacchia made it clear she was, in fact, not joking. RJ stood there like an idiot.

Compelling television, I know.

Bacchia said that she couldn't leave RJ. They needed each other. He wasn't sure if he would've worded it that way-he'd been on the Internet long enough to know how hostile shipping could get and he did not want to imagine shipping wars for SOTF-but he didn't think it was wrong. Having someone that had his back felt nice, especially when it came to thinking about the situation with Anthony. He didn't want to lose that after less than a day.

And then Bacchia offered James to join them, and RJ couldn't help but feel the need to comment.

"I wouldn't be against that," he said. "You joining us, James."

And it wasn't a lie. Having a team mate that actually stayed with him longer than one conversation would be nice, and as far as RJ was concerned it was a 'the more the merrier' situation when it came to sane people that were also friendly. Add to the already existing friendship between James and Bacchia, and this just seemed like an easy decision.
[+] The Living
[+] The Dead
[+] The Future
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

James’s expression fell once again, and this time it didn’t recover.

This was not joy disguised as some cruel joke, as he had hoped, but the inverse. The feeling of Bacchia’s hand in his, the way she brought up his own proposal, the smile on her face, all of it wrapped around a knife tha had plunged into his chest.

“Bacchia…” James remained still for a moment and RJ chimed in like his approval would be the cause for any hesitation here.

Finally, James felt his arm limply fall to his side.

“Bacchia, I brought Sofia into the Respects. She’s there because of me. I’m not- you know I can’t just leave her, right?” His tone was sharp, stabbing at Bacchia in the same way her offer had him.

But the heat, the sense of betrayal gave way almost as soon as the words left him. James swallowed and began again, words coming slower now, softer, though he now struggled to meet her gaze.

“Bacchia, what about Ivan? I know… I know we haven’t stopped him, but splitting up isn’t gonna fix that. We can- I know we can talk to Fisk about this. Everything’s all messed up already. He has to listen.” With the last statement, his eyes tried to meet hers once again, pleading.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Bacchia knew that there was no way that James would abandon Sofia after taking her to the group and she wished that she hadn't been a complete ass about it back then. She shouldn't have taken it out on James before and she knew that it didn't really matter. Well, she hoped it didn't. She still selfishly wanted James to not stay with The Respects, even if she wasn't going to ask him again.

"I know that you can't leave her...." Is all that she could really comment about Sofia and she was trying to keep her feelings buried and in check. Even if it felt hard for her to do so with James so close to her.

Bacchia closed her eyes for a few seconds when James was speaking about Ivan and how he still wanted her to come back with him. She reopened her eyes and she noticed the pleading eyes again. Ughh. It really felt so tempting to just grab James again and just bail with him. But no, she needed to have her head in the game and she and RJ were going places as allies. She had to let James down more firmly.

"Well, RJ has a gun that he can use on Ivan if he finds me again and I trust that RJ will not hesitate and he can get the job down." She said with a small nod of her head and she let out a small sigh as she thought about the others once again. "I will say this as kindly as I can for you..."

She smiled more politely at James. A more honest, genuine smile.

"I am never going back with you."
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Her words dealt in absolutes. Bacchia had left him without any room for negotiation, for compromise, for anything of the sort.

“I don’t… Bacchia, I don’t understand. It just- you’re not making any sense!” James felt a tightness in his throat, a strain as he tried to put the soup of thoughts and feelings into words. He could’ve cried, but he yelled instead.

“I know shit hasn’t worked out, alright? I know I’ve just fucked around and that everyone’s dying, but there’s still six of us, which is more than two, and we’re supposed to- we were supposed to do shit together, at least! Like friends, right? I- fuck, what am I saying?”

James rubbed his face, trying to wipe away whatever kept him in this haze, kept him from being more coherent and articulate, but to no avail.

“I’m scared, I think. I don't want any more of us to die.” He swallowed again, mouth feeling very dry.

“Bacchia, I don’t want to lose you too, alright? I want us to have the best chance we can.” James took a step closer, trying to look her in the eyes, like really look.

“And that’s why I don’t understand. I can’t understand. Why can't you come back with me?

“Why?”

Return to “Patrol Boat (Danger Zone)”