this thread title is not available in your country

This board allows for roleplaying of anything in the lives of the class of National Summit Academy prior to the selection for The Program, from their births to the morning before their selection. Approved characters may be in up to two simultaneous threads in this section, and may be in one-shots no matter how many other current threads they're active in. NPCs may be in only one thread at a time, and are limited to ten posts here.
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

this thread title is not available in your country

Post by Sh4dE »

((Mick Sexsmith, Start))

Dude, that's fucked up.

Mick frowned confused at the two pair of eyes next to him.

"I would never ever fucking kill you!"

Killing Zeke or Jason in a hypothetical scenario? Nope. Not gonna happen.

"Really, if we ever were in it, which I hope is like not gonna happen, I would not kill my friends. That's just dumb."

Mick took the pizza slice in front of him and bit into it.

"The Program is fucked up."

After silently shaking his head to express his disgust he stared at the pizza in his hand and continued devouring it. After school and skating Mick, Zeke, Reese, Jason and the others often hang out in a local takeaway to snack and talk. It was a ritual, kinda.

Jason brought the conversation up as yesterday the last day of the latest version was aired. Mick heard people discussing it and was curious about this one Kyle guy whose crazily stupid plan was to kill everyone so that there would be no winner. But apparently Kyle did not execute his plan since someone else won. Either way, Mick did not particularly care about The Program. It's a thing that happens a couple times a year, like sport championships.

Mick did get the concept behind it, but was not really fond of it. Caesar also did decimate some of his own soldiers to do stuff, but dunno, Mick was not really good in history class so he did not really get it. It's kinda horrible.

Mick rubbed his palm against his beardy chin after having finished the slice and looked at Jasons and Zeke's eyes.
I'm so glad to be back !
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Zeke sighed and leaned back in his seat. He loved Mick as much as his own brother, but sometimes he just didn't get it.

"Yeah, it's pretty fucked up, man," he said "But you know why we have it."

Zeke had become old enough to fully wrap his head around the Program, he had much of the same feelings as Mick. He asked his father about it, and his mother, and his brother, and they all had the same answer. The Program was necessary because it reminded people of their duty and what that had to sacrifice for the sake of their country. The United States was constantly under threat from insurgents and foreign powers, and the only way it would be able to survive was if loyal Americans stood united in their devotion to its preservation.

Still, if Zeke was placed in that situation, would he be able to kill Mick? Or Jason? Or Reese? Loyalty to your country was important, but...

"I wouldn't be able to kill you guys either. Lucky you, eh?" Zeke smiled and tore off another slice. "What would we do if we end up being the only ones left, though? Just sit around and flip off the cameras until the snipers get mad and shoot us?"
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Jason had a smile on his face as he looked at Mick running his mouth, it was part of why he liked the bastard. Not afraid to say what he meant.

"Shit Mick, be glad you ain't saying that shit round my sister. She'd argue your ears off."

Jason sat there with his hands clasped together, his right foot tapping a beat on the floor as Mick and Zeke came to the same conclusion.

"You two ain't alone in that. Fuck, man. I can't even imagine doing that shit to ya."

Jason had never really cared for the program, or politics for that matter. That stuff was more his sister's tea, she is annoyingly passionate about politics. It's part of why Jason even caught up with the Program. She'd make him and mom watch it with her and they'd have to deal with her reactions to it while wanting to do something else.

"I guess it got stuck in my mind cause sis was so fucking pissed at this one guy, what's his face- Frank! He took out one of his teammates for a minority."

Hell, that was half the reason Jason was here right now. Sidney was probably back home spazzing out about this still.
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2
ZP4 Zoe Walker
Image (Adopted from Espional)
Espional:
Pregame:
1-2-3-4-5-6
Adoption:
Resort:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
[+] TV3
Seth Dunn
Memories
1-2
Sandbox

Leonard "Leo" Kenter
Memories
Sandbox
[+] SC2
B15 James Mulzet
1-2-3-4-5
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Jason talked about some guy in The Program, but since he did not know any real participant, he just smiled at him while he talked, not adding a single comment at it.

Zeke brought up a scary thought. If they were the only ones left, huh?

"I have no idea what to do if we are the only ones left. We don't turn on each other, of course."

He looked at them and raised an eyebrow.

"Right?"

Mick would never turn a weapon against his best friends.

"We would fight together until the end. And stop fighting when we are the only ones left. That's the only way I can see it."

He took up another pizza slice and shoved it into his mouth, mumbling.

"Right?"
I'm so glad to be back !
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Zeke munched on his pizza as he listened to the conversation. Like all patriotic Americans, Zeke and his family would occasionally sit down and watch The Program, but they would never follow any of the contestants. He didn't know much about what had happened in the most recent version. He knew that some black girl had went on a killing spree near the end, only be to be taken out by the girl who won, Audrey. He knew that a guy named Frank had gotten some kills, but he didn't really know who he was, or what kind of team he was on.

Mick was getting really agitated, and Zeke couldn't understand why. What were the chances of actually getting picked for The Program? Whatever they were, they were way too small for Zeke to worry about. They also all only had a few chances left to get picked before graduating. Well, he supposed it was just like Mick to get worked up about this sort of thing.

Zeke let out a chuckle.

"I won't kill you, even if we're the last ones. I promise."
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Mick was really stuck on the Program and what'd they do if they ended up on it. Getting worried about nothing, the chance of them getting on it were like 1 out of... 100's? 1000's? Jason sure as fuck didn't know and neither did he care. It wasn't going to happen.

But it sure was making Jason regret bringing it up if Mick was gonna spaz about it like this. He looked over at Zeke, dude just laughed it off and promised not to kill. He looked back at Mick and shook his head.

"Dude, chill. You don't have to worry about that shit happening, you got my word on that."

His hands unclapsed and started drumming on the table, tapping to a beat with his foot still.

"But if it makes you sleep better at night, I'm not killing any of you either."
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2
ZP4 Zoe Walker
Image (Adopted from Espional)
Espional:
Pregame:
1-2-3-4-5-6
Adoption:
Resort:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
[+] TV3
Seth Dunn
Memories
1-2
Sandbox

Leonard "Leo" Kenter
Memories
Sandbox
[+] SC2
B15 James Mulzet
1-2-3-4-5
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

[[This post was sponsored by Coca-Cola! Taste the Feeling!]]

Mick laughed at Jason making fun of him.

"Yeah, I know it's not likely to happen. Hell, it's more likely we win the lottery."

A slight burp emerged from his throat caused by the CO2 in his Coca-Cola. He hid this from his friends via keeping his mouth shut and coughing it silently away.

"I'm glad when we're outta school. School sucks either way, but I sometimes shit my pants when the Announcement Day happens."

Mick did not like Announcement Day. It was a boring ceremony. In theory. In practise it was thrilling because of the slight chance of getting picked. Well, when he was younger it was thrilling, but as time passed it was less thrilling as Mick was more realistic and his fantasy wasn't as wild as his 5th grade self's. Either way, he always felt relieve when he wasn't picked, but instead some other unlucky bastards.
I'm so glad to be back !
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Zeke grinned and shook his head. Mick was calming down a bit. Good.

"Yeah, I'm over school. Can't wait to get out and enlist." Zeke said, "I'll miss you kids, though." He reached to his side to ruffle Jason's hair.

"Announcement Day, though. Not gonna miss that at all." Zeke hated to admit it, but despite how many times he had sat through it, and despite the incredibly low chance of being picked, Announcement Day still scared him half to death every time.
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

He felt the tusling of his hair. Zeke would do that sometimes. Jason didn't like it, but he let him. Dude was leaving soon anyway. Military too. Jason himself wondered why Zeke was so up for that, just more chances of getting shot at by angry foreigners for what the old fucks are doing with the country. Then again so was his sister and he couldn't make heads and tails of what was going in her head so he wasn't going to bother with Zeke.

He nodded at their proclemations about school though. Jason couldn't wait to be done with it.

"Fuckin A man, the sooner we're outta that shithole. the less we gotta worry about this stuff. And the more we can enjoy ourselves."

He smiled at them. He could imagine them without this fuckin cloud hanging over their heads, that'd be the day. Sure he'd still have Sidney screaming about it, but then he could move away. do what he really wants to do.

"Shit son, once we're done it's smooth sailing. Mark my words."
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2