meow says the cat

open, after classes on a wednesday, some homeroom or whatever

This is where the lives of the PV3 Proper characters prior to their abduction may be detailed. Characters come from the village of Bellington in the UK. Bellington is a village somewhat isolated from major population centers, boasting roughly twenty thousand residents.
Lilith

meow says the cat

Post by Lilith »

((Fleurette Margot Lussier's start))

There was a particular soothing aura coming from the cats she gathered in her backyard. Fleurette was never that much of a cat lady, but the concept of having ton of kittens running around everyday around her made her feel fuzzy and happy. Perhaps, she could get a cat when she will live on her own. She'd name her- it had to be a 'her'- Tartine and she had to be white with little spots. The spots could be any colors but the the cat had to be white. Tartine materialized in her mind. She could even pet it.

She looked down at her phone with her little dolphin attached to it and she patiently waited for a notification to announce for one of the rarer cats' entrance. She knew Tubbs was there but she wanted her maid café. Fleurette wondered if maid cafés were really a thing in Japan, maybe her mom worked there at one point in her life and she could..... ask her. But who would ask their mother if there were maid cafés in Japan, and did they really want to know the answer? Maybe it was a question that someone else could answer, maybe the someone was the Internet.

Anyways, she just had to wait one more hour for the tutoring to begin. Waiting was boring, but it was made less bad by the anticipation of a little rare cat or kitten to appear on her screen at any moment. Any moments from now.... there should be a cat...... right?
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

((Molly Mckenzie: Start))

Molly opened the door, her head filled with all sorts of irritating things that she wished she could outrun. Should she do her social science homework? Would her team(s) win the interschool tournament? Will that git snitch on her? What will her parents think of her flunking her latest test? Everything was just too much.

At least she won't have to worry about things right now. Carrying a heavy sport bag and sitting down on a empty chair, Molly rested her head on her right hand and closed her eyes for just a bit, to rest after the rush after that was:
Running to her locker to get her barely working portable charger, since her phone ran out of battery,
dashing to the changeroom,
shifting through her stuffed sport bag filled with far too many uniforms for different sports,
chucking on the correct one,
And then realising: she still had about a hour left before training started.

At first, Molly was happy about resting, but dang it if sitting around wasn't one of her least favourite things to do after school. Espically with her barely buttoned sport uniform, Molly felt like she should be doing anything, anything.

However, the only thing she'll be doing presently is having drop of adrenaline, a nap and a rather forgettable dream.
--------

Opening her eyes, after what seem to be a hour, Molly checked her watch, and to her dismay: Barely 20 minutes passed. And her phone still wasn't charged.

And also that a girl had sat next to her.

Molly knew it was rude to stare, but at this point, it was far better then sitting around trying to keep the nagging discomfort in her restless legs. Who was she? A (potential?) friend, or one of those weirdos?

Hmmm.....
Oh! Fleur or something french like that! Molly's formerly harsh stare softened. She was that travelling French tutor. Alright. Fleurette was too distant and academic for Molly, not to mention the whole strange travelling family stuff, but on the other hand, she was a ballet dancer, and Molly used to love ballet and dance (Molly likes physical activities in general.) before she got into swimming.
In other words, no hard feelings on both sides.

Shifting her chair closer to the girl, out of wanting someone to talk to, Molly saw that Fleurette was on her phone (Feeling annoyed that her own phone was charging slowly in the process). Molly expected Fleurette to be on Social Media or something like Molly does, but instead, the french girl was on some kind of....actually, was it even a game? Or was the girl playing those simulators that claim to be 'games'?

"Hey, what's that you're playing?"

Might as well start a conversation. The alternate was boring. Besides. Molly needed some mobile games to play during the weekends.
[+] Characters
SOTF-TV V3: (Relationship Thread Here)

Chris Tyrrell - Currently working at What can I fix you with?

The Program V3:

Lucy Arkwright -- Currently dreaming in Sing Us A Song; You're The Piano Man
Molly McKenzie -- Currently looking death in the eye in The Seagull

The Program V2.5:

Edward Taylor -- Currently rescued in...And An Ending.
[+] Art
I have an art thread! But it's closed until the 15th
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Fleurette heard the movement of a fellow student toward her. She wasn't surprise there was someone after classes, it wasn't rare that some students stayed here for extra-curricular activities or to hang out with their friends. Her peer, which happened to be Molly as she recognized her voice, sat beside her and asked about the cat game she was playing.

"Oh! Neko... Atsume."

She knew how to say the first word, and what it meant, but the second word was totally foreign and unknown. She wasn't quite sure of its pronounciation but she felt she nailed it for someone that didn't speak Japanese. She wondered what the second word meant, probably something collecting and since the game was about cats, the title could be Cat Collector in English. Yeah, that would make sense. She turned her head toward Molly and smiled.

"You collect cats and you can feed them. It's wholesome, oh, and it's free." After a brief pause, she continued with her sentence, looking back at her phone, "How are you doing, Molly?"
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

...Neko Atsume? What kind of words are those? Oh. Right. Japanese, or some funny asian language like that. She never could tell them apart. Molly looked at Fleurette's phone, and slightly furrowed her brows as she heard the explanation of it. Sure, Molly thought it was a cute game, it was very wholesome and calming and all, not to mention it was free. But...

"What's the objective of the game though? Or is it just Crazy Cat Lady Simulator? What kind of cats can you have?"

Surely, someone couldn't get excited by owning virtual pets alone, there HAS to be some kind of gameplay, right?

Maybe Molly preferred more action-y games, but still, she couldn't fully understand these games for the life of her. Then again, she's never really played one of these games before either. Crossing her arms, Molly tried to think of something else to say, should the whole cat game stuff go to a dead end. Luckily, Fleurette did that for her with a basic 'How's it going?'

"Oh, alright I guess, slightly pooped from school maybe. Got training in about forty minutes though...Actually, why are YOU here after school instead of going home? Ballet? Club?", Molly said as she smiled confidently/smirked and put her hand through her short light blonde hair.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Crazy Cat Lady Simulator. Yeah, that was the right description. You know what? She was okay with it. Maybe in 30 years, when her three husbands would have died, she could become a cat lady and have cats in her home. Not like 30, more like four. She didn't want her home to smell like cat litter. Yeah, cat lady wasn't a prestigious job but she could manage to get by. Every villages needed a weird old lady to keep things entertained.

Then, it was in this moment, she remembered why Molly and Fleurette couldn't be called friends. Fleurette, who was pretty pacifist most of the time, felt like slapping the smirk out of Molly's face. It was a pet peeve that had followed her throughout her life, but cocky people made her want to knock them down a notch. She met several people like that throughout her life, especially in the field of dance. Obviously, there was also the school setting, where that kind of behavior was accepted if a looked down upon. She wondered if Molly was doing it on purpose.

"I'm tutoring in a hour. Well, more like 40 minutes. I have some time to waste."
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Molly wasn't exactly trying to be rude or cocky really. Even though she was very conscious about it, it was better then the reculsive blank face that she (and actually quite a few people) would put on were she not acting. But she wasn't a weirdo, a loser or a nerd. She was popular, beautiful and cool. Or at least, that was what she wanted to think. Of course. She knew she was all that. She just wished her heart thought the same. Damn it she was way better then all those students down the totem pole, so why did she have to feel so defensive when she got insults? Why not just brush it off confidently?

Because Molly couldn't, she lacked a very large part of being able to do that.
Tutoring, huh? What a...unique thing to do. Molly knew about it, but she's never really had a chance to ask more about it. Perhaps it's because Molly didn't exactly understand why Fleurette WANTED to be a tutor. All the appointments, textbooks and the infomation....it was far too stressful for Molly. If anything, she'll be more likely to be unwillingly taught by one instead.

What a strange girl.

"Actually, What do you even teach? Maths? English? Or do you teach multiple subjects?"

Molly barely supressed a giggle at English. Because if a French girl can think she can teach English, then that's a bit...Molly didn't really know how to say it without being rude.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"I tutor in French, Literature, and World History," she wasn't looking at Molly anymore. She was an annoyance, if a little rude. She decided to give her little attention anymore, that'd teach her.

"And in Italy, I tutored English. They appreciated the fact that I had lived in several English-speaking countries."

She tapped on the cat on her screen with her manicured finger. It was her, the little cat maid. She was glad she had it now. Could she dress up Tartine like that? Probably not without getting the SPCA on her ass. Fleurette could get away with a plush of the cat maid. Ordering it online might be hard but if her mom went to Japan, she might be capable of her hands on it. She might need to come with her. Fleurette could probably learn some Japanese on the side.

"Have you considered getting some tutoring? I think you need some help with your English."
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Was Fleurette asking for a cat fight? Because she sounded a little hissy, and Molly swore she didn't even do anything. God, she did not like those easily offended people, everyone receives a bit of flak every once in a while, Molly was as tame as far as she knew.

She nodded at Fleurette’s response, even though she barely listened to it. All she really paid attention to was Fleurette being a smart aleck. A know it all. Well. Anyways. Molly kept her smile as genuine as possible. Easy enough, considering that if she could cry up a sob story that brought all the attention to her, then a smile was infinitely easier.

Of course, it turned to a strained smile (that could bring even unhappy air hostesses one to shame), once Fleurette ignored her.

Molly hated to be associated with anyone who was a weirdo (including her stupid brother). But if it was one thing that she could (grudgingly) associate with them and her, then it was attention-seeking. After all, isn't that the main reason someone liked some crappy obscure hobby or cut themselves? Because they're seeking attention? For Molly, it was the most disgusting thing. If they wanted attention, then why not at least try to climb the totem instead of being trying to be special.

"What makes you think that I need any tutoring? My english is better then yours, and yet, you're the tutor...No offense."

She could understand (slightly) why Fleurette had taught English in foreign countries, considering since she can speak english and all, and she understood even more why she taught French. But, seriously. What made the....frog think that a native speaker of English needed help with the language? Fleurette was in how position to say that.

Truly, hypocrisy and self-righteousness was in the air.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"You really sound like you spell English with a lowercase 'e'," Fleurette batted the air away with the back of her hand, as if she were swaying mosquitos away from her face, "and your use of 'teaching' instead of 'tutoring' really hints a lack of understanding of basic verb usage."

She was still playing her cats, ignoring the queen bee beside her. Fleurette didn't really want to fight Molly, but knocking her down a notch might help Molly with her attitude problem. Who was she kidding? Fleurette knew Molly wouldn't change, but her little attitude was getting to her nerves. The waves of entitlement that came from Molly reached the feet of Fleurette, and she just quietly stepped backward, avoiding the little splashes that the queen bee thought that were tsunamis.

As the queen of cats, Fleurette didn't feel the need to burrow deeper in the flesh of the bug queen. She already had the advantage, the superiority. The way she made Molly tumble around from the accusation was enough for Fleurette to feel like she had done enough. Furthermore, she never felt the need to hurt Molly, so continuing the assault on her castle wouldn't be appropriate. She just had to finish off the little cat versus bee fight that she initiated.

"Your English isn't bad, Molly, but it obviously needs some improvement. You are already doing well, since you said I'm a tutor instead of a teacher this time, so I'm sure you can learn a lot."

Still wasn't looking at her.
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

A queen bee is the most strongest bee in the hive, with every drone and worker working for the selfish little bee. They make sure that the female does not come into harm. They adore her, and the queen bee in return, makes sure no competitors threaten her position. And, like any other bee, it has one nasty stinger.

Of course, a queen bee is at its core, still just a bee, and an insignificant bug. And by the time the queen has felt all too comfortable in her position, the lowly subjects are already planning to replace her.

Molly didn't seem to understand the last part. And she still kept up that smarmy, cracking smile.

Suddenly, Molly's situation became familiar to her. She once thought it was a friendly chat, but no. This was the kind of situation responsible for sending her to the teacher's office, of causing nasty rumours of her that caused even more suffering for the gossipers. Molly had wished she hadn't been in this situation, Fleurette seemed to be a normal girl that Molly COULD have been friends with. But Molly kept a grudge for a very long time.

Fleurette did have a point. Kinda. If it was one subject that Molly did better than satisfactory on, it was English. Despite what is may seem, Molly got some pretty high marks in debating and writing. The problem wasn't in the written form of english, it was in her oral vocabulary, and grammar. How can she do so well in one part of a single subject, and get suggested tutoring in another?

But showing anger and weakness wouldn't look good in front of Fleurette. Nonealess, Molly tried to keep the aggressiveness out of her tone. And her fear. And the desire to look away and leave.

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it. If I don't have the best English, so be it, I get good grades in my class anyways. I'm not planning to go to university anyways. I don't need to learn anymore then I do in the General English class."
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Obviously."

Oh, that was kinda harsh. She meant it at the "not broken" mention of Molly's English, but not to the last part about university. Fleurette thought that Molly neither looked like she would go or wouldn't go to university. She just looked like a teenager, and teenager isn't a very university look in Fleurette's mind. Her father was, some times, an university man who taught classes. He wasn't able to get a job here because of his qualification but that didn't stop him from writing his books. She felt the need to correct herself.

"I mean, your English, not the 'not going to university' part."

She looked at Molly this time then went back to her kittens. Being mean was surprisingly hard, despite being needed in certain situation. She wanted to be tough but fair, Fleurette didn't want people to think she was arbitrary. She still naeeded to respond and fight back when people made unkind comments toward her, like Molly when mocked her. She still wanted to be fair, despite having no reason to be.

"If you don't want to fix it, that's on you," that was true, but she continued with something that could be read as vile, "but don't come for other people who are better than you, you have no ground to stand on."
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

After what Fleurette said, Molly turned her head away, and gave up on eye contact. Molly felt threatened, and when she felt threatened, it was natural she ran away from the situation. But running away meant the catty tutor will 'win', and she wouldn't allow that. It was better to lose a bit of her bravado then to turn into a coward running away. Molly checked her phone in her bag to make the lack of eye contact more natural, and suppressed a smile. Good, her phone was charged and ready to be used. Not now, because now wasn't the time, but now, Molly had an advantage. She kept the phone in her bag, out of Fleurette's sight, and replied in a way like she was trying to brush it off.

"Glad to see that you aren't as nearly much of a prick as I thought you were. Well, thank you, but no thanks. I don't care about my future job, and I'm pretty sure the jobs I'll be going to won't need high-class English thats unlike yours."

Molly took a deep breath, and swallowed. If this was going to work, then she will have to be careful. One wrong word and Fleurette was the saint while Molly was being a jerk. This was going to be hard.

Screen recording with microphone on. Molly clicked the button to turn it on, and brought the phone up to a more natural position. Went onto a game that had sound off. Checked her own heartbeat. Wished it would beat slower. Tried to shake off that feeling of guilt.

Molly was going to have to act like a pitifully sympathetic kitten; weak, in trouble, in the right. The hardest part was coming off at upset at first, since she only acted like that around people. But that quickly became the easiest part (and genuinely, as well), once Fleurette said....that.

"....And do you actually think that you're better? That English doesn't have to be as objective and focused on who can be more literate? If I have no ground to stand on, because I so happen to use my English more casually and not worrying if I'm breaking an English or grammar rule, then you must be thinking yourself quite highly."

The remark could have been heard as mean normally, but given how Molly said it, it sound more like she was not angry, but just sad. Really though, the sadness was exaggerated, but the hurt was genuine, and mostly of all, Molly barely was able to suppress her anger completely.

Despite that, the hurt and lack for rage in her tone definitely put Molly in the better position on the audio/screen recording.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"I don't think that I'm better than you."

Her tone was angry. Molly was deliberately not understanding, or maybe she was stupid. Fleurette was annoyed at airheaded scarecrow beside her and wondered how many brain cells Fleurette might have lost just by being near her. She genuinely didn't think she was better than anyone else, or that anyone was better than her. Obviously, some people have more skills in certain aspect of their lives, and Molly happened to lack some in one. The justification was true, but she couldn't just say that.

"But, if you want to go around and mock people for trying to become better in English, then be my guest," she turned toward Molly and restrained herself from flipping her off, "if anything, you shouldn't act like you are better than me, just so you know."
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Crap. How was she supposed to reply to that? And make her reply sound remotely sympathetic? Molly turned her face away even more, and put her hand to her mouth, to try and hide a barrage of micro-expressions that was dead sure to give her away. A barrage of shock, fear, sadness, and finally, anger. The expressions only lasted for a short time, but Molly had to appear to be the good one, no matter what. After all, as far as she knew, she was the victim, and Fleurette was the enemy.

Fleurette's angry tone was exactly what Molly wanted to be like as well, but no, Molly was the good girl, and whatever Fleurette was saying was absolute nonsense. Even if Molly had taken it in at all, she would still try and dismiss it, say that the frenchwoman was lying. For the sake of her pride. No, for the sake of her self-esteem.

Screen recording was still on, heartbeat was still too fast, and Molly's tongue was still trying to untie itself. Molly took her time, and spoke slowly, letting her hurt feelings, and her anger, seep through. It was best not to rush acting.

".....'I don't think I'm better than you'. That's very straightforward. It sounds like you...you're trying to disprove it. And then you try to shift it on me."

"Are you sure you're not projecting?"

Psychological projection. Molly knew about it from Diana. It was a defense mechanism that the defendant would use, to shift the blame on someone else, to make themselves in the right. Strangely enough, Molly herself never realised that she used it as well.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Fleurette wasn't even trying, the amount of energy she was putting in this was minimal. If it wasn't for Molly's last remark, she would have discard this as a non-event, and forgotten about it when she would grow old with a cat. She had to admit that when Molly asked her if she were projecting, a tiny part of Fleurette twisted into a worm. So this was how Molly wanted to play. Fleurette took off her gloves.

"You wish."

She went back to her cats, her smirk still on her face. There were no rare cats around her plot of land, and she felt kinda sad about it. One day, she would get her maid cat, and when that day came, she would be the most powerful cat lady that ever roamed the Earth. As the reigning queen, she turned toward the working bee who thought of herself as the queen, and decided to go for a lethal strike.

"Molly, why are you turning yourself into a victim? I think the only person who ever victimized you is standing right in front of me. Perhaps you don't need a tutor, you actually need to go see a shrink."

Return to “Sandbox (PV3 Proper)”