What We've Been Searching For

Phase Four (Hours 37-??)

The dump is a large pit that has been dug in the soft earth on an unused piece of land on the outskirts of town. The dump was used to dispose of the wastage from the towns primary industry and as such is a reeking pile of rotten fish meat and bones along with anything else that people didn't want or need. When the wind blows the right way, the smell from the dump can cover the entire town. There are even rumors that some people who disappeared over the town's life were murdered and their bodies thrown into the dump, though if this is true, no evidence of it can be found. Seagulls circle the dump perpetually, and rats are abundant and bold.
Aura

What We've Been Searching For

Post by Aura »

(Kassandra Vaitaki continued from Knock Knock, it's the United States)

Kassandra's escape led her to a massive garbage heap, a fitting metaphor for the situation. The smell was overwhelming, and under normal circumstances she wouldn't want to be anywhere near it.

She let go of Marion's hand and clutched her head as her thoughts refused to quiet down. Everything was coming to her at once, and she felt like walls here closing in around her. Brittany. Scott from the gazebo. The girl at the pool. The shooting at the warehouse. Mina's disappearance. Getting separated from Bishop. It was too much. It was all too much.

Kassandra paced back and forth, her breath intensifying with panic. She didn't know what to do anymore. She hadn't been sure of much before, but now she was completely at a loss. She was about to cry with frustration.
Katie

Post by Katie »

"Kass, are you okay?" Marion asked, looking at her with worry.
Aura

Post by Aura »

"Everything's so fucked up." Kassandra's hands were behind her head with her elbows folded inward, leaving her forearms running parallel against the sides of her head."We lost Bishop, we're losing daylight, and Brittany's still out there like all the other sick assholes." She was talking a little faced, and her breathing was heavy. The stress was getting to her badly.

And really, how could it not? Any small victory they seemed to earn was snatched away from them sooner or later. Their hideout in the scrapyard. Bishop and his shotgun. What would they lose next? Would it be her pipe? Marion?

... No, not Marion. She couldn't lose her. She instinctively shook her head with a look of horror just thinking about it. She couldn't let that happen. She could never let that happen. If she lost her now, then she... she didn't know what she would do.

She couldn't think about it any more. It would tear her up. She just approached Marion with wide eyes and a soft look.

"I'm scared, Marion."
Katie

Post by Katie »

"Look, I'm scared too," Marion said, placing a hand on Kass's shoulder. "Who wouldn't be in this situation? But panicking isn't gonna help."
Aura

Post by Aura »

"I know, I know, I know..." Kassandra muttered, her voice shaky and unsure. She shook her head again. "But I don't know what to do."

She put her hand on Marion's shoulder as well in an attempt to steady her nerves. She needed that support, especially at this time. She looked at her with her sincere, worried eyes and asked for help.

"What do we do now?"
Katie

Post by Katie »

"I don't know," Marion admitted. "We'll think of something."
Aura

Post by Aura »

Kassandra's head felt hazy. Her legs felt weak. Her panic was affecting her body as well as her mind.

"I... I need to sit down."
Katie

Post by Katie »

"I'll sit with you," Marion said, plopping down on the ground.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Kassandra instinctively leaned against Marion as she stared off, still obviously tense.

"I just wanna get out of here, man. I can't take it."
Katie

Post by Katie »

"I do too. I'm sure we can figure out a plan," Marion said, leaning into Kass as well. "But first let's get these cuffs off."
Aura

Post by Aura »

Kassandra looked down at the cuffs, the item that had been a perpetual obstacle for their entire time together. When they started, they had almost completely immobilized Marion by trapping her around a post. Now all they did was keep her from using her hands effectively. At least they had made a little progress.

"I'm still getting those cuffs off." She promised. "I'm not gonna let you stay locked up like that."
Katie

Post by Katie »

"Thanks," Marion said. "Maybe we should relax a bit, then work on that, whaddaya say?"
Aura

Post by Aura »

"Relax?"

Relaxing wasn't something that they had gotten a chance to do for a while. Not since last night, at least. And considering the type of sleep that Kassandra had experienced, she wasn't sure if she could call that relaxing.

It did sound nice, though.

"That sounds okay."
Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Tapey »

Kenzie strolled casually towards the huge dump near the area, along with Brittany.

God, this place reeks.

But does she really have a choice?

Both of them needed the supplies to survive in their current situation.

Just as she walked near the dump, she heard something.

Sounds like people having a chat...

Quickly, she hid behind a wall, trying not to make a sound. She then patted Brittany on the shoulder, then pointed towards the dump, warning her there were someone else nearby.
Katie

Post by Katie »

Brittany looked over to see who it was, and managed to be spotted herself.

"YOU!" Brittany and Marion yelled at each other simultaneously.

Return to “The Dump (Prologue)”