Damned if You Do, Damned if You Don't

Start of F03

Should one manage to clamber their way up out of the valley basin, they might happen upon this sturdy cabin, built daringly on the edge of a crag. Outside, there is a commanding view of the valley below, though the altitude is such that potshots are implausible. The cabin itself is a snug little building, not particularly remarkable, though discolourations on the walls would suggest that it was once festooned with hunting trophies.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Damien listened carefully to what the cabin's current occupants were discussing, taking extra care to not reveal his presence until he was confident that he could take them all on.

Judging from the number of voices, there must of been at least four of them. Two girls and two guys from the sound of things, including Mr Lawson. Whilst he recognised the first girl's voice, he wasn't sure who she was the second girl revealed her to be Felicia LaChapelle. Damien remembered her campaigning for the student council. He didn't vote for her of course, what her policies being a little too indecisive for his taste, but she never really struck him as being particularly Anti-American. Killing her probably wouldn't be that difficult to stomach... Brian on the other hand.

Damnit, why the hell did Brian of all people have to be here?

Not only was Brian a fellow football teammate, Damien knew for a fact that Brian was a true patriot just like him. Whilst the two weren't exactly friends, they were definitely on decent terms with one another, and Damien respected him far more than he respected most of his classmates. In other words, he was exactly the kind of person Damien did NOT want to impale with his pitchfork.

Fuck! What do I do now? Can't just walk away and act like I didn't see them. I still don't know if any of them are armed or not...

Just as Damien was beginning to consider taking a peak through the window, Brian announced his attention to leave the cabin, prompting Damien to hide around the corner of the building to avoid being seen. He waited a bit longer, his ear still pressed against the wall as the sound of someone smashing something against the floor rang out. A few seconds later, Brian left the building, making his way into the wilderness alone.

As much as he wanted to avoid fellow patriots, deep down Damien knew that he would have to be a complete idiot to not take this golden opportunity. After all, even if none of them had a gun, it would still be hard to take on three students at once. Sure, he could probably do it, but seeing as Brian didn't look as though he had a weapon on him Damien decided that stalking him would be the more pragmatic option.

Sorry Brian, but someone's gotta win this, and I sure as hell ain't giving up...

((Damien Stone continued in 2 B A Patriot))
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

Well, he gets points for persistence at least.

Rather than being deterred by the mocking, the yelling and the thrown electronic toys, deciding to give it another shot. This time he went on about how the cabin was becoming too negative for him and how he was going to leave – about time – and laying down an ultimatum for Felicia in the process. He seemed convinced, or perhaps was just deluded enough to think, that Felicia would come around to his point of view if he just threw enough fancy words her way. Even Gerald, who wasn’t exactly a keen observer of the human condition, could see that she pretty much hated the guy, why couldn’t he?

Nevertheless, Gerald was smirking the entire time Brian was walking out the door, losing it only when the football player picked up the Furby on his way out and smashed it against the floor.

“Aww, man. You killed the Furby.” Brian tried to play it like he was doing them a favour disposing of the annoying little fuzzball – and to be honest he probably was – but to Gerald the act just looked like a spiteful last move. “Well then, I’ll go look for that kni-“

The last part of the teen’s statement was cut off as a previously unnoticed speaker in the corner of the cabin crackled to life and a few off-key bars of ‘Born in the USA’ came through. Gerald’s confusion at the event was soon cut off as the person with the microphone replaced humming with talking and the purpose of this little interruption became apparent. So this was what it was like to be on the receiving end of an announcement.

Gerald listened to the names read out with mild interest, filtering out the annoying banter and paying attention to the names instead. He wasn’t really that interested in those who had died – one side benefit of not having any friends was that it made situations like this a little more bearable; you could just watch out for your own back and not worry about anyone else’s – but the names of those who had killed were something he should probably make a note of, even if he couldn’t really match names to faces in his mind. Dylan Walker and Robin Pounds would probably be hard to remember – he wondered if his supplies came with a notepad and pen? – but he would be hard pressed to forget a name like ‘America Fox’.

He was about to turn to the girls and see if either of them had recognised any of the names when the second part of the announcement caught his attention. Danger Zones? What? Oh right, the guy with the gun mentioned something about that back when Gerald had been scared out of his mind chained to a desk; the collars, the exploding.

The teen didn’t really need to check his map to know that they had just landed themselves in such a situation. The guy mentioned a Crag Cabin, they were in a cabin, that was a good enough reason to get the hell out of dodge.

Hurrying into a flurry of action Gerald quickly moved over to the table where he had left his ‘weapon’ and hastily put the pie back in the basket before gathering it and his pack up.

“Urm, girls? As cosy as this place is, we need to leave, right now.”

Gerald was at least enough of a gentleman to wait until the girls had left first before racing out of the cabin after them, but once he was out he was soon ahead of them and leading the way away from the building. They could sort out where they were actually going after they had put enough distance between them and the Crag Cabin.

((I have permission from both jimmydalad and KamiKaze to move their characters. Sorry it's a little dry but I didn't want to take any liberties with characters that I don't know too well. Anyway...))

((Gerald Lawson continued in 100.2°))
((Felicia LaChapelle and Bailey Williams continued elsewhere))
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None

Return to “The Crag Cabin”