Second Chances, First Announcement

Announcements for the first version of Second Chances are stored here.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Second Chances, First Announcement

Post by MurderWeasel »

Day Two (June 19, 2012): 9:00 AM
Weather: Sunny, moderately warm, with a brief overcast spell at around 3:00 PM that produces no rain. Tonight is the new moon.
Things were getting rolling a little slowly, but that was okay. Danya was not always a patient man, but he appreciated that it could take some time for the constraints of society to fall away entirely. What followed was to be Danya's next little role in expediting the process. There had been a few kills already. Now, it was time to share that information with the survivors. That, in turn would escalate tensions and make things roll along more smoothly.

Besides, this was a great chance to try out some new jokes.

With a grin, Danya flipped a switch, activating the speakers hidden all over the island. As he spoke, his voice boomed out loud and clear, addressing all the students.

"Good morning, kiddies. You've all survived your first night away from home. Isn't this just the vacation you've always dreamed of? Well, those of you who are still alive, that is. Yes, that's right—not everyone has been so lucky.

"The very first death was Craig Hoyle. Our largest fan of super heroes met his end at the hands of Maria Graham, showing that no matter how many comics you read, you'll never be faster than a speeding bullet.

"Next up, Sidney Rice kicked the bucket after tangling with Anthony Rollins. Ms. Rice made a pest of her belligerent little self to a few people on the island. The funny thing is, the girl she'd almost fought to the death earlier was right next to the boy who spelled her doom, but I'm pretty sure Rice never noticed. What a disappointment. I was looking forward to seeing some frontier cowboy action from y'all, Rice.

"After that, Jennifer Steinman shot Liz Polanski to death. Poor little Liz barely even did anything before getting gunned down. I'd keep an eye out for Steinman if I were you. She's a cold one.

"Adding to our chain of shootings, Maria Graham bit the bullet and the dust. I hope she was following the golden rule in her actions towards Mr. Hoyle earlier, because she certainly received the same treatment she dished out. Oh, right, her murderer was Martin Lovett. Almost forgot to share that with you."

Danya took a deep breath, cleared his throat, and then gave a passable attempt at singing.

"Bang bang Adam's lous'ville slugger came down upon his head. Bang bang Adam's lous'ville slugger made sure that he was dead."

Danya's voice suddenly returned to its usual, mildly jovial tone.

"Our last death was Quincy Archer, fatally bludgeoned with a baseball bat by Adam Reeves. That was probably one of the messiest of the day. Kudos for giving us a show, to Mr. Reeves and to the other killers, except the dead one.

"I'll be checking back in twenty-four hours. I hope you've realized that the only way out is through your thirty-one surviving classmates. Oh, and before I forget, keep away from The Inland Lake and The Eastern Shore for the next day. Those are the danger zones I was telling you about. Remember, linger and your necks explode. It'll be messy and painful.

"Later. Try not to die too quickly."

And, the rolls:

1. David Jackson (Slayer) - Nicole Husher (MurderWeasel, Hero Card used)
2. Martin Lovett (Fioriboy)
3. Aileen Borden (Pippin)
4. Nick Simmons (bacon) - Benjamin Latimer (bacon, Swap Card used)
5. Sally Connelly (Ruggahissy)

As always, three days to play cards and escape danger zones. Five further days for deaths.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “SC1 Announcements”