Once Upon a Time

Open

Sunshine Tower is a 100 metre tall tower that is located near the centre of the resort area. The towers purpose is for guests of the resort to be able to get a panoramic view of the bay area itself. The top of the tower also has a gift shop with many racks and shelves displaying cliché gifts such as postcards, picture frames and tacky models of the tower for visitors to buy. Normally the easiest route to the top of the tower is by the glass elevator the runs its height. However it has been disabled, so the only way to the top is via a long, spiralling staircase.
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

Man, so much work to claim this place and all that he got was a trashed tower. Well, fine. He got more than just a that. Vincent opened Nutjob's bag, taking out one bottle of water, before carefully opening it. Stains on his clothes might not be what he should be concerned about the most, but there was no need to eat like a wild animal.

"Better ratings, I suppose." He met Vahka's eyes. "If you ask me, I have no problem with these glory hogs dying. Is better for society if we got a bunch less of these nutjobs running around."

Vincent took a sip. A tiny drop fell on his pants.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Bikriki. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Framing this as something "better for society" wigged Vahka out a bit. Smelled like a pretty broad justification. Maybe Vince saw himself as some kind of hero, making the world a better place by killing people here. What a bunch of bullshit.

He didn't express his disbelief, though. He met Vince's gaze and gave him a brief shrug. "Can't speak for society, really. Putting 'em down seems to be doing pretty decent for me, though. Can't say I'm opposed to doin' it more."

If he said that enough, he might just believe it.
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

Vincent blinked at Vahka. Once, twice.

Yeah, putting some more people down would be fine with Vincent as well. Though he could see why Vahka would have a bit more success in that endeavor.

Perhaps it had advantages, though. If other people endangered their lives to play this game, then so it shall be. Makes it easier for him, one of the few worthy persons, to survive.

"Hm... then, what now?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Bikriki. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Latin For Dragula

There was a sharp crack as he rolled his neck back and forth, shaking the ideas in his head around a little. Vince wanted an answer. He just had to find one that fit the performance. Mull things over real careful.

"Well," he began carefully, "I don't know too much about this game. But from what I gather, now we kill everybody else, or die tryin'."

His cold blue eyes stared back into the brown orbs beside him.

"That sound about right?"
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

When Vincent, for whatever reason, spent some time with Vahka, it usually ended with Vincent getting into all kinds of trouble. Nice to see that this carried over to SotF.

"...alright."

He turned his eyes from Vahka as he took another sip of the water, before closing and placing it into his own bag. Working together with other people was not exactly what Vincent had originally in mind, but slowly, his priorities became clearer. And staying with Vahka for a while won't hurt.

"I have a few other goals, though. So, can't promise you more than an one-night-stand."
Latin For Dragula

Vince's choice of metaphor brought to mind an uncomfortable series of images. A whirring ceiling fan. Hands clutching a tarot card. Strands of pink hair on a tanned shoulder. Breath against his neck.

"That's fine. Just how I like it."

There was a brief moment where he wondered where they were. If they were still alright. If they'd killed.

Then it was gone. There was no room in this script for sentimentality. Not yet.
Bikriki*

Post by Bikriki* »

Vincent's face remained cold for a while. Then he cracked a smile. Naomi would kill him if she ever heard how he talked to Vahka.

"I'd offer you a drink, but you know how it is."

[Vincent Holway, continued in It's Dangerous to go Alone, Take This]
Latin For Dragula

Vahka followed Vince out through the wreckage of of the gift shop. They'd really done a number on the place, with shattered glass, splintered wood, and collapsed shelves strewn about. It seemed that anywhere he spent too long hanging around was bound for a little collateral damage.

The worst carnage was waiting for them outside, though. After shouldering his bag by the door and depositing the grenades in side, they strode out to find Sunshine's body lying broken on top of the display rack he'd chucked down himself. His dress was drenched with blood, tattered in places by the fall and impact. Through one hole he glimpsed a white flash of exposed bone. Most jarring, however, was his face. Fucker was still grinning.

Maybe it'd been an act. Maybe he'd wanted to die. Maybe he was just so damn thrilled to be a part of the show.

He left them with a smile. In a strange way, Vahka respected him for that.

((Vahka Basayev continued in It's Dangerous to go Alone Take This))

Return to “Sunshine Tower”