I'd Rather be at the Aquarium

Sorry, but staff is mandating that this thread dies now. - Yugi

The shipping yard, found in the southwestern part of the island, is a maze of docks and colorful containers that has remained largely unchanged since the island was abandoned, aside from accumulating more rust. Once a major hub of activity on the island, the shipping yard will soon see action once more, though likely of a far more lethal sort than in its active life.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Damion's arm shook as Theo got closer. It shouldn't have. Theo was a friend. Or, not a friend, but he was someone he knew, someone he thought better of than most of PJ Hobbs. He was better than this. He deserved a 'Hey, how were you doing' and smiles and hugs, not glares and looks sneaked over a shoulder for a millisecond. But that was what Theo got, the latter, because Damion couldn't afford to give anything else. From the brief glance-over he'd given Theo, he didn't look like he had any weapon. But, he could always have a knife hidden in his pocket, a revolver tucked in the back of his belt, some diabolus ex machina ready to change everything forever.

"He doesn't have a weapon in hand, at least," he whispered to James.

After saying that, he positioned himself over to the guy's head.

"You pick him up by the legs, while I pick him up by the shoulders."

He looked at the guy's face. It took him 10 seconds to recognize that the bloodied, broken face he was looking at was Blaine Eno's. He wasn't really a fan of the guy back at school, with him being in the party scene and all, but God. He'd thought about slapping the sense back into some of his slacker classmates at times, those fantasies you come up with when it's midnight and you're still working on the group project because none of your groupmates came online even though you told them to, he'd thought about hurting people then. But back then, it was just a fantasy, something he brushed away after a few seconds, and not even in the worst of them had he thought of bringing people to this condition.

His eyes flitted over towards Theo. Still a safe distance away. They could deal with him after this. Off to the side, there was a red oval with white dots. He took a closer look.

He shouldn't have.

He put his arms under Blaine's shoulders, and asked him, "Who the hell did this to you?"
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Latin For Dragula

Post by Latin For Dragula »

Who the hell did this to you?

Before Theo could call out again, a large lump caught in his throat. Damion said what he was thinking, though. Another time maybe he would have felt hurt that no one was talking to him or even acknowledging him when he kept calling out, but as soon as he got close enough to see the bloody mess that was Blaine's face the only thing he could imagine was horror. There was nothing conscious or reasonable about it. He didn't have a way to process the shock. No matter how many times he envisioned violence since he woke up, he wasn't prepared to see it first hand.

No words. No thoughts. Just a panicked retch and the sound of vomit splattering on the ground as he doubled over.
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Theo Fletcher was someone that you could very easily dislike, blunt as can be, which James found was a refreshing trait back home. You would get it straight from Theo, whether you likes it or not.

What it meant here, James wasn't too sure. He didn't look threatening, certainly didn't sound threatening and at that moment seemed horrified over barrel boy's condition, which was admittedly pretty bad. He didn't look to have a weapon on him either, which James found pretty suspect. They all had a weapon it seemed, so where was his?

Once barrel boy's out, he will know.

"Right then."

Dude looked like a mess, and sounded like one. Face bloodied to hell and back with tears running down his face. A pretty pathetic sight. Even without the barrel.

He grabbed hold of his legs as they dragged the boy out of the barrel.
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2
ZP4 Zoe Walker
Image (Adopted from Espional)
Espional:
Pregame:
1-2-3-4-5-6
Adoption:
Resort:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
[+] TV3
Seth Dunn
Memories
1-2
Sandbox

Leonard "Leo" Kenter
Memories
Sandbox
[+] SC2
B15 James Mulzet
1-2-3-4-5
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

A weird question was asked as someone grabbed his shoulder. Who did this to you.
ti
"Michael."
na
He felt the hands of a person pulling not only his knees, but also himself out of the barrel. The first action he did as he saw the sky again is to use his arm to swipe the blood away from his mouth only to realise that now his suit was even more bloodied than before.

"Thank you."

He looked up to who had put him out of the barrel. His headache still was there, but not as painful anymore. There was this average looking guy who apparently had helped him out there and an hispanic boy who looked into the distance. Looking down on him, ready to execute him. The hispanic boy also had a gun. But he didn't look at Blaine.

A handgun. There were many rap songs about shooting a handgun and popping someone in the head. Blaine doesn't listen to rap. He wasn't even sure rappers rapped about that.

He grabbed it. Damion didn't want him to get it, but Blaine got it anyway. The handgun was not heavy, but heavier than he would have thought because of the small size. His fingers went on the trigger as he ran away from the boys and he raised it, aiming at the hispanic boy. He pulled it. His face went from a scared expression to a shocked one.

A shot like a firecracker.

He pulled it again.

Nothing.

He pulled it again.

Nothing.

He pul- then he realised that the FP-45 Liberator is different from the Type 77 Pistol ammo-wise.

Then he disappeared into the crate maze.

((Blaine Eno continued in Victim, Victim, Honey You're My Fifth One))
I'm so glad to be back !
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Michael Crowe. There we go. At least that made sense. Damion hadn't predicted that anyone would give in so quickly, but if he had to guess who would be the first to do so, he would've been up there. He took note.

As they finally lifted him out of the barrel, Damion felt much lighter. This made sense, too. This is who he was. Or, at least, who he liked to think he was. Blaine's thanks made Damion grin for the first time since the incident at the tunnels. He wouldn't regret this grin too.

And then, a wet splashing sound. He looked around, and his smile faded. Theo was still here. He wasn't holding a weapon, but you could never know. Why was he here? Was this regret Damion was looking at right now? Disgust?

He was so caught up in his questions, in examining Theo, judging Theo, interrogating Theo, sentencing Theo, that he didn't notice anything amiss until he felt a sudden pressure in his hand. A loosening.

He looked behind and saw Blaine grabbing his gun. He tried to pull back, but only succeeded in letting the gun go. And then, he raised the gun and

lightning. a ringing.

He stood there for a few seconds as Blaine pulled the trigger again and again, just watching him, as if his being was divorced from his body. And then he ran off, and Damion took chase, a shout deafened by ringing. Instead of pushing off concrete though, what happened was he buckled. He buckled, went diving face-first into concrete, his fall only broken by his bags and his arms.

His arms stretched out before him. Slits weeping blood.

A ringing.

His right knee feeling much warmer than it had ever felt before.

A ringing.

His knee, emanating red-hot knives, stabbing him over and over again, as if every pull of the trigger had worked and continued working and never stopped working and never ended and make it stop make it stop

A screaming, a screaming that echoed throughout the yards.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]

Latin For Dragula

I'm going to die.

Theo didn't see what happened after Blaine was pulled from the barrel. His gut and mouth were burning with expelled bile and he could feel a second retch coming, and the only thing that cut it off were the sounds of gunfire ripping through the yard. Shouting. Then screaming, so much screaming, it had to be him, he just hadn't caught up yet, he was bleeding and dying and no one-

BREATHE

And he did. Sick, acidic air filling his lungs without any pain blossoming across the rest of his body. He hadn't been shot. He wasn't bleeding. He was ALIVE. Relief flooded through him until he managed to look up and see his friend collapsed, screaming, and bleeding.

"DAMION!"

Theo didn't consider himself a brave person, or a capable one. If you'd asked him  what he'd do if one of his friends was hurt, his best answer would be vague and optimistic. Deep down, he wouldn't think he could do anything at all. Maybe that was still true as he was rushing forward towards Damion's collapsed body, since he didn't have anything approaching a plan. That wasn't important right now though. Sure, he didn't know what to do. But he had to try.

It's okay. It's okay. We can figure this out. Damion is gonna be okay.

It clicked for the first time that 'we' wasn't just Theo babbling to himself for once. Damion had been with someone. He was still here. As Theo knelt by his body, his head swung back towards James. "W-what do we do?"
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

They helped barrel boy out  of his shame and he revealed it was Michael who did it. James was not surprised Michael 'flock of seagulls' Crowe lost his marbles and beat a dude up just to stuff him in a barrel. He always had a bad feeling about that guy. But before he could find out why Michael did all of this, barrel boy forced Damion's gun out of his hands, aimed at them and pulled the trigger.

Repeatedly.

They all stood there petrified as he kept pulling the trigger before he finally ran away, but not before kneecapping Damion.

Lesson learned, anyone else gets stuck in a barrel. Shoot on sight.

"Shitshitshit" He sprinted over to his bag and fumbled with it, trying to get the medical kit out all the while Damion screamed and Theo could be heard trying to give him comfort.

He ran over with the kit and hurriedly opened it next to them. His breathing rapid as he handed the bandages to Theo. "I-i think we need to clean it and cover it."
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2
ZP4 Zoe Walker
Espional:
Pregame:
1-2-3-4-5-6
Adoption:
Resort:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
[+] TV3
Seth Dunn
Memories
1-2
Sandbox

Leonard "Leo" Kenter
Memories
Sandbox
[+] SC2
B15 James Mulzet
1-2-3-4-5
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

He couldn't stop screaming. The sounds almost felt ripped, pulled from his vocal cords. He had to make it stop. Please. He turned himself over and his knee tore itself apart. He bent his head back and shouted once more.

He registered Theo and James' presence. They were saying words. Sounds. All that came to his eardrums was this high tone, stabbing into him over and over again. He lurched up, looked at his knee, at his navy turned brown jeans. He clawed at the fabric, tried to rip it out. Rip away the denim, rip away the pain. His wound answered, tore him apart even more. His nails forced themselves against the cement floor, his eyes squeezed shut. It wouldn't stop. It wouldn't stop.

He dropped to the ground and collapsed into tears.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Latin For Dragula

"We, we gotta get him still, we can't help him if he keeps flailing like this!"

What're we doing? We don't know anything about first aid, do we? Maybe James does, but I definitely don't. Why am trying, I need to, I need to shut the fuck up. Shut the fuck up and help my friend.

Watching Damion howl and bleed was enough to make him want to vomit again, but something in him wouldn't let him recoil. His whole body was shaking, but he caught James's eye. "I'll get his hands and try to calm him down if you can bandage his knee, a-alright?"

Theo's fingers laced firmly through Damion's as he leaned over him. "Damion? Can you hear me?" His thumbs circled at the back of his hands. "I, I know it hurts, b-but James is gonna help. You're gonna be okay."
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

The screaming was getting worse and louder as tears came forth and sobbing got mixed in. A multitrack of emotions spilling out of Damion and if they weren't careful or fast, the last. But Damion was not making it easy, tearing at himself trying to get the wound to stop like an itch that wouldn't go away.

"Right, hold him down tight and don't let go."

He tore away at the hole in Damion's jeans, who was splaying about like an octopus on land. Theo trying to hold him down and calm him down as James hastily started applying water to his wound, his screaming getting worse and worse as this went on. James could feel it getting to him, but he had to be calm about this, take charge. And the first thing was to do something about Damion's screaming.

"Get something for him to bite on. If he keeps screaming like this, people will find us."
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2
ZP4 Zoe Walker
Espional:
Pregame:
1-2-3-4-5-6
Adoption:
Resort:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
[+] TV3
Seth Dunn
Memories
1-2
Sandbox

Leonard "Leo" Kenter
Memories
Sandbox
[+] SC2
B15 James Mulzet
1-2-3-4-5
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Fingers. Fingers moving in circles. Someone was holding his hand.

Damion stopped thrashing, stopped screaming long enough to look up, and through the tears, he saw a blurry silhouette. Theo. It was Theo. He spoke in muffles, in sound waves passing through meters of water and concrete to his eardrums, and it didn't make sense, nothing made sense.

".̢̧.̴̨́.͘͡҉̨͝ǵ̶͜͡ó̶n̨͘҉n̸̶̸ą͞͏͜ ͘͘҉̸b̵̢̡͘͢e̵͟͏̵ okay."

Except that.

"Wh-what?" he croaked.

And then fire.

Oh god what were they doing what were they doing? His knee burned, it was melting away, pouring itself into the concrete. They were supposed to help him help him stop this oh god oh god. He clenched his eyes shut again, and that was a mistake because as soon as he did so, Theo held onto him even harder, pushed onto him, and he had to get out, but he couldn't, he couldn't move, and why, why? He'd trusted him. And his knee was still burning away, and it was eviscerating him, and they were leaving him to it, they were- no, they were ending it. And all he could do was scream, that was all that was left to him-

And then they filled his mouth with gauze.

They were gagging him. Shutting him up. Making it so no one could hear him no one could help him and he looked up and Theo's blurry shadow was still there holding him down and he should've done something about him when he showed up should've done something while he could still do something while he still had a gun shot him dead shot James dead never should've let it go never should've let the gun down never should've stopped pointing it never never never
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Latin For Dragula

Damion was freaking out. Who could blame him? Theo couldn't even look down at what James was doing to his knee, it had to hurt worse than he could imagine. At least that wasn't his job. He kept holding on to Damion tight and doing his best to calm him down. "It hurts, I know man, I know. James is gonna try to fix your knee, and then..."

You have no idea what you're gonna do after that.

He glanced at James and did his best not to look at the mess around Damion's knee. "Do we have painkillers or anything? I, I haven't even looked in my bag yet, is there anything we can do to make it hurt less?" God, he'd written about stuff like this before, but it was way easier to put down "and then the heroes fixed the problem" than to actually figure out what you were supposed to do. The look in Damion's eyes was killing him. He seemed so scared, and not just of the pain. He was scared of them. All Theo wanted to do was help, but it seemed like Damion wanted nothing more than to get away from him from the way he was struggling.

He just doesn't understand. He'll thank us later. Won't he?
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

He stopped with the water and put the bottle away and got the bandages ready to be rolled over the wound and Damion hadn’t really calmed down.

Well, the screaming stopped, there was that at least.

They were doing their best here, but there was no cooperation. Damion was struggling as if they were trying to kill him. James felt the prospect of walking away get more attractive by the minute as Damion kicked and moved despite Theo's best effort to calm him down. But if he did, then what? Where would he go and what would he do?

He took a moment to look over at Damion’s face as he pondered over his options. His friends face stricken with terror, tears rolling down his face as he had a gauze in his mouth, barely looking like the friend from home.

James went back to work.

He proceeded to roll the bandages over Damion's knee as hard as he could, who was kicking and moving his leg like a madman. Which made James tighten the bandages and put his foot on Damion's leg  to hold it down for him to do so.

"We might have, but we can't give it to him like this. He might choke on it!"
[+] Program
Prologue V3
M11 Jason Rosser
Before:
Penisula:
1-2-3-4
M24 Derrick Thomson
Penisula:
1-2-3-4-5
After:
1-2
[+] TV2
ZP4 Zoe Walker
Espional:
Pregame:
1-2-3-4-5-6
Adoption:
Resort:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
[+] TV3
Seth Dunn
Memories
1-2
Sandbox

Leonard "Leo" Kenter
Memories
Sandbox
[+] SC2
B15 James Mulzet
1-2-3-4-5
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

never never never should've trusted never should've put his arm down never should've given in-

"̢.̸́͜͢͡.̵̧́.̛͘i͜͟͜͢s͏͏́ ̸͞͝g̸̵̀͜͡o͘͡͞i̧ń̛͠͝g̡͢͠ ̶̷́͞͡t̴͟o̸͏̢̀ fix your knee ̵̨́͟͠á̴͟ń̛҉́d̷̨̀͝҉ ͏̀t҉̧h̶e̵͠ń̸̛̛͜.̷.͘̕͘.̨̛"̵̷̡

yes

fix me fix me please fix me help me let me go don't hurt me don't kill me just let me go-

Painkillers. Theo said something about painkillers.

yes kill this pain murder it vanquish it please please take it out take it out- fire fire crushing burning stop it you were supposed to fix me help me why-

James put his foot down on Damion's leg. With the gauze blocking his mouth, he screamed in muffles. He finally looked down, got a glimpse of James wrapping a bandage around his knee. OK. He got it. They were helping him. Fixing him. They weren't ending it. He tried to relax, tried to lay limp, but with every stab, every shot of pain, Damion's entire body pulsed like a heart against Theo's arms, against James' foot.

James said that they couldn't give him painkillers. He'd choke, he said. And that wasn't true. No. He needed them. Needed it to stop. He'd be good, he promised. He'd calm down. Just, just give it to him. Give it all.

And so, he held back against himself, tensed his body tight. With every stab, he squeezed his eyes shot, pushed his fingers against the concrete, exhaled from his nose. Deep breaths, deep breaths.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Latin For Dragula

Oh wow. They were actually getting through to him. As James went to work on Damion's knee Theo felt him stop struggling and start straining to hold himself back. Screams turned to groans through the gauze. Fingers flexed against the concrete under their joined hands, and each time they pulsed Theo gave his hands a squeeze. "Y-you're doing great, that's it, he's got you all cleaned up...we're gonna get you through this, we've got you..." His voice was soft and sounded almost...confident. That wasn't a word he was used to describing himself with. Brash. Blunt. Arrogant. Grating. He hard a hard time communicating he knew what he was talking about while...well, actually communicating he knew what he was talking about rather than just kind of sounding like an ass. He'd never had to help somebody like this, though. He'd never been trusted to help somebody like this. James had believed he could help, and even through all the pain and fear Damion was believing in them too, and he'd never experienced anything like that before. It was terrifying, but it also exhilarated him. It felt like a part of him that he'd always been too afraid to look at was awake and thriving for the very first time.

It was a textbook Call To Action. This was the beginning of his arc. Theodore Fletcher, average sad nerd boy, could become Theo Fletcher, hero and healer and leader and...something. Already he could feel that rush of assurance slipping through his fingers back into anxious daydreaming, but he held onto it tight. This was something. It was important. Right now, it was all he had.

"I think he's good," he said quietly before trying to catch Damion's eye. "You're okay for a second, right? James is almost done, so I'm gonna go look for painkillers. I know he can handle them," he finished with a quick smile and a squeeze of Damion's hand.

Where did that come from?

He didn't dwell on it any further in the moment. His attention was already turned to opening up his bag for the first time and trying to find a first aid kit like the one James was working with. There had to be something in there they could use. While he focused on that, though, one thought shined over the background chatter in his head.

This is the kind of thing they remember people for.

Return to “The Shipping Yard (Endgame)”