cheesed to meet you

Day 1, before sunset (open)

This ship is a replica of a traditional clipper ship, painstakingly built to recreate the proper design elements and functionality. Originally used for filming and for theme tours in Southeast Asia, it was badly damaged when an inexperienced captain scraped a pier during a storm, and was put into dry dock pending repairs. Ultimately, however, insurance proceedings saw it declared a total write-off and sold for scrap. It has gashes in the sides that have been crudely but competently repaired, and inside the ships has wide expanses of wooden floor spanning two decks. The rigging is the most impressive part, with a crow's nest that serves as the highest point of the arena, should one dare venture up the rope ladder. A rather anachronistic yet fully functional cannon has been mounted on the deck, fixed in the vague direction of a section of outer marina, though only three cannonballs are present, each massive sphere tucked away in the back of the very bottom deck of the ship.
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

Gus listenend and nodded while the others talked and replied to the other people's suggestions.

"Agreed. We should check it out tomorrow maybe with the daylight. I think it's more difficult and scarier to search for stuff with the flashlight."

He quickly swung his index finger and booped his own nose.

"Not doing the first night shift."
I'm so glad to be back !
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

Leslie listened- well, half listened as the girl went around and addressed all three of them. Listening enough to get the gist of things, played around with the iron ball in his hands more before rolling it back to Jasper, but also fighting the urge to roll his eyes when it was his turn to be told things like she was his mother. He was starting to see a trend here.

"Yeah, I mean... I'll keep a look out and stuff," Leslie said as he waddled over to Gus and lightly bopped him in the back. "But I'll also do whatever so long as I stick with Gus; gotta make sure my crewmate stays out of trouble."

Leslie lifted his hand to boop his own nose but pulled back when he realized it was kind of dumb to do that when he was gonna be out here all night anyway.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Shoshanna listened to the group. It appears her concerns about the cargo floats got Jasper to table that mission until the next day. They had more time tomorrow to look at them, and in the mean time, they could at least do some planning. There was no guarantee anything was in the floats, even if they could get inside, so they'd need to think of their route.

On the other hand, it looked like Leslie was willing to ally with them. It may have just been to stick with someone on the same team as him, but Shoshanna had to be a bit glad that there was at least some willingness to go along with them. They'd really be putting him to the test tomorrow when they ventured off the clipper ship.

"Alright, I think we're settled," Shoshanna said. "Les, if you want to take the first watch, go ahead. We'll send someone out in a few hours."

She turned to Jasper and Gus.

"The three of us can go in the cabin. We need to talk about where we're going tomorrow."

Shoshanna began to make her way to the ship's cabin. Once they were situated inside, they could discuss what was next.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Alright, that was pretty much all Jasper wanted done for the day. And with everyone else apparently happy, there was just one thing left to think about, after grabbing the cannonball from the ground.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take the shift after Leslie,” he said, looking at Gus, before turning his gaze to the man in question. “You have to help them figure out who goes after me, though.”

The tone was a bit teasing, but with no sort of venom behind it. The kind between friends, even if Jasper had never talked to any of these people before.

He followed behind Shoshanna as he continued, now talking to her. “Let’s try to make it quick though, yeah? I do want to try and get some shut eye before going on watch.”

He should probably eat also. He’d been a bit more focused on other things and hadn’t thought about it much. Hopefully they had better stuff than crackers.
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Okay, so Leslie was doing the first night shift. Then Jasper would do it. That'd be much sleep for Gus inbetween, that's good.

"Yeah, we'll take care of each other."

Gus pat on Leslie's shoulder and then also moved inside with his clothing donors. He looked around and wow, he'd never been in this room before. He turned to Jasper.

"Where in here did you find the balls?"

I wanted one own personal cannonball, too. It would help him be distracted.
I'm so glad to be back !
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

"Yeah, y'all go ahead, " Leslie replied to the girl and dismissed the others with a wave of his hand as he watched the three of them take their leave for below deck.

And then once again, it was just Leslie and the sea. And the cheese wheel, but he'd let it hang out right there for a bit. It weren't going nowhere.

He glanced up at the crow's nest, but decided against it for the moment. Instead, he opted to hang out around the starboard side next to the cannon for a bit.

Had to compare views and stuff, after all.

((Leslie sneaks off somewhere else later that night.))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Shoshanna walked into the cabin and made her way to one of the nearby hammocks. She sat down, plopped her bag on her lap, and began to rifle through it. Day 1 had been good for avoiding danger, but lackluster for finding tools to escape. She at the very least had a committed team to aid in whatever came next.

Shoshanna pulled the map out of her bag, along with a pad of paper and pen. She also fished out the seaweed snacks because she needed something to munch on.

"Okay, let's see," she muttered, looking over everything.

Shoshanna uncapped the pen and held it to her lip. Her eyes darted over the map. They were in a fairly safe area, but if they really wanted to find anything of use, they'd definitely have to go to some of the riskier areas, like back to the cruise ship.

"Hey guys, ready to chat?" she asked the boys.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Jasper’s grin grew wider at Gus’ question. Looks like he really wasn’t the only one that wanted to use these cannonballs, even if they didn’t have any gunpowder to shoot them with.

He turned to Shoshanna and held up his pointer finger on his right hand. “One sec,” he said.

With that, he turned to the direction the cannonballs sat, and rushed over, hook bouncing a bit in his right hand, his own cannonball under his left arm. Maybe it looked a little silly, but hey, sometimes that’s seen as endearing. Plus, the sooner they got Gus a weapon of his own, the better, as far as Jasper was concerned.

Grabbing another cannonball, he ran back to the others, taking a tiny bit longer to keep from dropping anything. Stopping at around the same spot he started, he rolled the second cannonball towards Gus before turning back to Shoshanna, smile smaller, but no less happy.

“So, what did you have in mind to talk about, specifically?”
[+] The Living
[+] The Dead
[+] The Future
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

"Thank you, Jasper!", Gus exclaimed with a smile as he picked up his own personal cannonball. He almost decided to internally give it a personal name, but that would be stupid. It was a stupid thing to name inanimate objects names, not only stupid but also confusing. Nando sometimes gives out names of weapons to Gus given by the contestants when Gus asked about who were the people on the screen and it was kind of confusing and stupid if you were out of the loop.

Though, Gus could also vaguely remember a movie their parents liked, some old ancient movie from the before-SOTF-TV-times, where one white guy with a long beard had like a bowling ball(?) and gave it a name. Carson or Carlson or something like that. Like the dude was stranded, trapped just like Gus was, and named his bowling ball (or was it a soccer ball? It was a soccer ball if Gus' memory proved to be correct) to have company. It was easy to draw a comparison between Gus and the guy trapped on an island, so the obvious choice would be to name his cannonball Carlson, as a reference to the film, if he had decided to give the little fella a name. But he wasn't going to do that, because naming inanimate objects was stupid.

Gus looked up from the ball to Shoshanna and nodded.

"Ready to talk!"
I'm so glad to be back !
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Okay, well I don't have much concrete in mind yet," Shoshanna explained to the boys, "but there's a few things we need to decide before we leave this ship tomorrow."

Shoshanna put pen to a notepad and began to write.

"So, basically, we're gonna have to find the best places for supplies and weapons. We'll have to be crafty if we're to survive this place, and that might just come from using duct tape to turn a broom handle and a sharp piece of glass into a spear, as an example."

"We're also going to need to pre-route where we go," she continued. "We're in a back corner, and it's gonna take time to move around, and the less time we're on the jetties the better."

Shoshanna moved the notepad towards the boys.

"So I have a few places in mind to go, and a few items to look for. Here's some ideas."

However, on the paper, Shoshanna wrote something else.

One of you go talk to Leslie in a little bit. While you're gone, I'll look at the other's collar. That will determine a lot for tomorrow.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

"No problem, dude," Jasper said to Gus, giving him a grin. It was better to have them all armed, after all.

After that small response, he turned back to Shoshanna, and listened intently to what she had to say, smile turned to a neutral line and brow furrowed in concentration. It was simple, but honestly? They could still work with it. People had won or escaped SOTF under worse circumstances, and definitely worse plans. And, plus, at least his idea for searching the cargo floats were being supported.

When Shoshanna turned the paper their way, Jasper understood the request quick enough, nodding in faux understanding as he smiled again.

"Sounds like some good ideas. Definitely agree with going to the shop boat. I'd be surprised if we didn't find anything useful there."

Best part was that, even if no suggestions like that were written, his support wasn't false. It's called the shop boat for a reason. There had to be at least one thing worth while there.

"Any other ideas? Or should we start getting some sleep, and maybe some food?"

Because yeah, while his stomach hadn't started growling yet, Jasper was definitely hungry, and he felt that he wasn't the only one at this point.
[+] The Living
[+] The Dead
[+] The Future
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

A voice echoes quietly from Jasper's collar, though is still easily audible to the others nearby.

"I have something, if I may:

"Material resources are all well and good, but the biggest successes in finding freedom have generally come on the back of grouping with the right people to figure out how to use the tools you have. You're not the only one on your team pursuing this path, Jasper, and someone with the proper know-how can help you—all of you—in ways I'll never be able to. Just some food for thought."
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Gus wasn't sure about building a spear with duct tape. It didn't really seem like what he wanted to do. Building stuff for fun, sure. Building stuff to kill his classmates with?

Hm.

He shouldn't think about it too much. Jasper finally suggested having a meal. Then, Jasper's collar said something about food, too. Gus' stomach was happy to hear that.

"Guys? I'm actually super hungry right now and I'd like to eat something."

He pat his belly while saying that.
I'm so glad to be back !
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Shoshanna listened as Jasper suggested the Shop Boat as a place to check out later. She nodded along, going with his deception.

"Yeah, that's a place to go. I'll try to route it tonight."

It was then that Jasper's collar emerged with the voice of last season's escapee. Shoshanna raised her eyebrows when Jewel made her thoughts clear. Jewel did have some sound advice, and noted that someone on Jasper's team was also trying to escape.

"Thanks for the advice, Jewel," Shoshanna said, unsure if Jewel would respond. "P.S. I loved your memoir and you can find my review online at www.shoshthoughts.com. Also, care to say who on Jasper's team is trying to bust out, if you can? It'd help us with the whole 'find allies' part."

Gus also noted how hungry he was. Oh right, he was robbed and has no food. Shoshanna grabbed the bag of seaweed snacks and held them out for Gus.

"Help yourself," she said.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

...huh. That was sooner than he had expected. Not that Jasper was complaining, mind you, but he figured any comments from Jewel would take a bit longer, mainly because he expected the first one to be advice about the collars.

But hey, advice was advice, and he wasn't about to complain about anything of the sort. Especially when it was as important as knowing someone else on his team was apparently trying to escape as well.

"Good to know, Jewel, thanks," he said, giving a genuine friendly grin as he looked down at his own collar. He knew she probably couldn't see it that well, but really, what else was he supposed to do? Not show some appreciation for the help? Like Hell would that ever happen.

Hearing Shoshanna's question brought another to Jasper's mind as he shrugged off his own backpack and unzipped it to find some food. "Also, anyone to look out for danger wise? Killers that are happy to kill or anyone that's out to kill? Just curious."

Always good to know that stuff. Better to deny someone help because you know they're a psychotic murderer rather than deny it when they really only killed out of self-defense or something like that.

After grabbing the squid and seaweed, Jasper considered the options before offering the squid to Gus as well.

"This too, if you're willing. Not really a squid man myself."
[+] The Living
[+] The Dead
[+] The Future