This Can't Be Me

The armoury actually consists of three sections; a waiting area of sorts, a small, fenced off area much like a shop counter, and a large room which once held a large number of weapons. Naturally, this has now been emptied, filled only with bare shelves, and it is only notable in that it doubles as the entrance to the warehouse.

Moderator: Sh4dE

Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Yeah the program did suck, kill or be killed and all that. He wasn't able to get all mad about it though. He wasn't sure if that was a weakness or not, he wouldn't have tons of anger toward his classmates, but he was calmer too.

As such he didn't feel the need to vent. He didn't have any big emotional secret, no burning desire that demanded to be expressed, no big statement to tell Johan.

He didn't understand what spleens had to do with it either, actually he couldn't what the spleen did anyway. Maybe it would burst if someone held something in, or was that the appendix, or neither? It didn't matter.

Still maybe Johan had something he really needed to say. "I'm good, feel free to vent though, I'll listen."
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

Ben said, "I'm good, feel free to vent though, I'll listen," and then Johan shook his head. "Nah, I'm good, since I usually can take care of anger pretty quickly. Usually if I was at home and got angry, I would go out on a jog to relax and think a bit more calmly. That's obviously not going to help here, though, but anyways..."

He also noticed Ben seemed a bit confused when he mentioned venting spleens. He explained, "In case you're wondering about the whole spleen thing, the Greeks thought it was the center of anger or something like that. Weird, I guess, but thinking the heart is the center of love is equally strange if you think about it."

Johan then shrugged. "I really shouldn't be doing this, I'm not one of those people that you see on the Program that go on angsty tangents. Not that I like watching it, but there's not really much of a choice I guess with the Program being oh-so-important to our 'well-being' as Americans."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un67. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

At Johan's statement, Ben had the funny, if a little sick, image of a guy jogging around and having someone jump out behind a wall at him. It made him grin, even if that could actually happen to him, or someone he knew at any time.

He didn't know much about the Greeks either, they were foreigners so they didn't matter, or so he had been told.

He didn't know why the Program was important, but he figured it had some purpose. It wasn't his job to question why America had it done. If he had to take a guess, it was probably a way to promote patriotism, people did get excited over announcement days and the event itself.

However he didn't like Johan's tone on it, why would you question it? The government and military helped protect them from dangerous foreigners, sure they had been dealt a bad hand, but overall the country was safer. "I think it serves some purpose, otherwise they wouldn't do it."
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

"I think it serves some purpose, otherwise they wouldn't do it."

Johan shrugged. "Well, I know that much is true. It's more about whether or not it's worth it to have so many people for a purpose that could be fixed in other ways. Still, nothing I say is going to change it now, and I guess not even if I wasn't picked. All we can really do now is try to stay alive."

He then took a quick glance at Ben. It looked a bit like he was looking at him a bit questionably, so he decided it might be for the better to change the subject and not blab too much about his political beliefs to someone who may or may not disagree with them.

"While I guess that was an interesting discussion, we should probably get ready to get moving soon. Anyways, what's our first target?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un67. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

He didn't think there could be another way of solving whatever they were trying to solve. The whole point of the military was to protect the people, they must somehow be saving more people by having them die. His dad had died to protect America, and if that's what he had to do, he would.

Of course he wished it was someone else instead of him.

He agreed with Johan though, all they could do was try to stay alive. And staying alive was pretty important to him, he might be okay with dying for America, but nothing here said he had to die.

"Our first target's the mess hall, but the barracks is between here and there. Might as well pay it a visit, if you're okay with that."

He put the loaf of bread and the opened water bottle back in his bag, and slung the bag over his shoulder. He decided it would be best to be able to defend himself and pulled the gun out. Better safe than sorry.
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

"Our first target's the mess hall, but the barracks is between here and there. Might as well pay it a visit, if you're okay with that."

Johan nodded, and replied, "Sure, I don't see a problem with that."

Ben then put his stuff into his bag and slung it over his shoulder. Johan copied him, figuring it was a good way of carrying things. He then noticed that Ben held his gun out. Johan figured it might interfere with the whole 'talk if possible and shoot otherwise' plan, given that a gun is not exactly making them look peaceful, but decided not to argue the matter. He then brandished his javelin, since two weapons are better then one even if the second kinda sucks, and said, "I guess we're ready to go now, then?"
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

He noticed Johan had his javelin out and ready like a real weapon. It struck him funny, it looked kind of flimsy. Oh well, if it made him feel safer he wouldn't bother him about it.

"Yep, let's head out."

He walked past what looked like a counter on the way out, and out the door. Out of the safety that the armory had offered.

(Benjamin Latimer continued in Once Upon A Time...)
Un67*

Post by Un67* »

"Yep, let's head out."

Johan nodded. He then followed Ben out of the Armory, out into the the Compound.

(M18 - Johan Luther continued in Once Upon A Time...)

Return to “The Armoury”