Mortal Kombat

Private Lobby

The upper deck of the ferry is open to the air, and offerings direct access to the nearby house boat via a particularly precarious metal gangplank that shifts with the rocking waves. The upper deck has markedly less cover than the lower; aside from the stairwells offering the opportunity to duck down, it's all benches and railings.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Sofia was not sure if her attempt to intimidate Akeno bore fruits, but Akeno still decided to book it. Thankfully.

Then came the aftermath. Fisk seemed angry about Akeno fleeing, but qickly calmed down and thanked both Verity and her for their work. Verity even recieved a shiv, which really appeared to be some kind of trademark for the Respects.

I wonder if the merchandising department of SOTF-TV will be pick this up? She wondered. Despite being not a fan of the show, she had seen countless examples of SOTF-related merchandise or articles in several stores. With how much of a big thing SOTF was, it was impossible to go shopping without seeing these things. The masks would probably not sell, since people could easily make them themselves instead of buying liscenced products, but a set of Respect-shivs could very well become a thing if their group managed to amass enough fans. She also remembered once seeing a series of action figures depicting the cheerleading squad from that baseball-themed season. She wondered if there would be action figures of them.

And what about T-Shirts? Will there be T-Shirts with James and me on it?

Said James awoke her from her pointless musing by asking a very loaded question.

“You- So, you did kill someone down there? Like, for real?”

She hesitated to answer. Her attempt to distract herself by hurrying upstairs had worked for a moment, but now the whirldwind of emotions - or the lack thereof - came back to haunt her. Sofia's earlier stunt to scare Akeno away problaby hadn't helped.

"Yes, I did it." She finally answered. "If we are to survive here, everyone needs to pull their own weight, including me.

"I did it for you. For us."

She hoped that sounded believable.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Sofia did it to pull her own weight in the group. She’d done it for him.

Obviously.

“I…

“Yeah, um….

“I think, uh, Verity could use some help.” He said, giving a curt nod and rushing for the stairs, before hesitating a moment. He wasn’t fixing anything by running off like this. If anything, he was just going to make things worse, leaving Sofia with just Fisk and Vasily.

But he couldn’t be here right now.

“I’ll be back soon.” He said, not turning to face any of them.

And then he was gone.

((James Highchurch continued elsewhere...))
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Fisk wanted to go with them. Akeno was dangerous. Not Ivan dangerous, or even Rhonda with her gun, Akeno was getting very, very predictable, but if she closed the distance, she could wipe the floor with all of them. The only real way to beat her was to bushwhack her, but getting the drop on her is easier said than done, especially now that she's had a close encounter with them. Alas, he couldn't in this current state. Fisk looked at his arm. Felt that familiar pins and needles feeling, that constant ache, and that sudden surge of fire in his veins on every movement. He wasn't going to be able to fight anyone without this fixed.

"You guys be careful. We don't need to lose anyone else. If you find Akeno, ambush her before she gets you. You guys won't win in a fair fight." As if one of those existed. It was either you win or you lose. No point in fairness, that was thrown out the moment everyone got here with randomized weapons. Fisk leaned on the railing, held his shoulder. "You both better come back alive..." Too many good men and women gone. Dead to a fucking ant. A zombie one at that. That's all there was to this place. His friends, and ants.

"Fuck me..."

If there was anything good to be taken from these current events, it's that now those who remained were closer than ever. They needed to be if they wanted to make it to the end, let alone another day. They made a lot of enemies, and now was the time to watch each others' backs, now more than ever. Fisk couldn't decide if he wanted to look at Vasily and Sofia, or at the ground. He hated this. Hated feeling vulnerable, hated feeling like he wasn't in control. Hated to be the one who had to rely on people. Now more than ever he was starting to become aware just how much he needed them to function through this. He was in way over his head, and he pulled them all in with him, and he knew now none of them could make it out on their own.

But it was all part of the plan, right?

He pushed up on his shoulder, gasped. Yeah. He'd need them. He always did.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"Alright, got it."

"Good luck."
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Sofia was unsure how she should feel about James running away.

He made some excuses about following Verity, but it was obvious he just needed some time for himself. She was willing to give him that.

But she was worried how things would go once he came back.

Hopefully she hadn't scared him off. The sight of her ascending the stairs with a bloody knife and red clothes must have shocked him. Sofia hoped she would find the time and moment to explain it better than she had not too long ago.

Right now, however, it appeared that Fisk needed help. Akeno had done a big number on his arm.

"Please hold still." She told Fisk while getting closer and grabbing his arm. Then she turned to Vasily.

"We need to relocate his arm. Can you help me?"
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Ack!” Fisk hissed when Sofia touched his arm. Yup, they were going to start now. People tuning in get to watch Fisk Bateman in pain now. Fisk just had to remember what Akeno did to him and how it felt, so he could return it, tri-fold.

“Give me a second to get ready.” He spoke, not really ready. With his working arm, he pulled the mask out from his bandana and rolled it against his leg, before placing it in his mouth. Didn’t want people to hear him scream, in game or out. Then he grasped the railing for leverage.

“Hnnknn, hrrdy...”

He still wasn’t ready.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"Yeah," he said, "I'll help, but I don't really know how, so you gotta take the lead."

His hand hovered over Fisk's arm, not quite touching.

"It's alright," he said, and everybody watching knew he was lying.

"You're gonna be fine," he said, and he knew right there and then that he wasn't going to be fine. People are dying and people within them are dying and he couldn't stand to watch the whole thing fall apart.

But he didn't want to help them because nothing could help them now.

Vasily blinked.

Snapped back into reality like a cold rubber band.

He can't entertain that fantasy. He can't. He really can't. And he couldn't even be happy and free in his imagination. He felt bad for Fisk, fuck, he felt so, so bad for everybody, or at least as bad as he could feel without getting sick and then some more. He felt bad for Sofia. He felt bad for Lucia. He felt bad for Verity. Keegan. Seth. Bacchia. James. Giselle. Himself. Ivan, just a bit. Akeno, a lot more than he thought he would. Jasper. Calla. Everyone. Vasily tried racking his brain for more names to throw out and all he could do is stare at Fisk's arm, as if that would do anything.

"Ready when you are."
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Vasily said he was ready. Fisk made some noises that Sofia interpreted as "Okay, ready".

"Good." She said. "On the count of three. One... Two... THREE!"

Then Vasily and her forcefully moved Fisk's arm in a way that would hopefully bring it back into its right location.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Why’d they have to count down why’d they have to count down why’d they have to-

“GNNNNNNFFFFNNNK!”

Fisk gripped the railing tight as they raised and pushed. No matter how many times he’s done this, it’s never gotten any easier or any less painful. With how common it is, it shouldn’t be that the second most painful thing in his life next to getting his jaw torn open like Frau Engel from Wolfenstein, and yet here we are, repeating the second most painful thing in his life again, for like the fourth time now.

He bit down on the mask, screaming through clenched teeth and cloth alike, as he gripped the railing until knuckles turned white, until the gritty texture of it tore at the calluses on his hand. His whole body was a white hot fire, his shoulder feeling like the world’s largest tooth being pulled from his body.

Only one physical pain topped this and the only one thing got even an iota close, was the day his appendix nearly burst. Even then, the other three times he’s had his shoulder relocated blew even that out of the water.

With another klunk signifying the end of the procedure, Fisk dropped to his knees, arm wrapped around the pole, as he clenched and unclenched his fingers again and again. The mask dropped out his mouth as Fisk gasped through tear stained cheeks.

“Aaahuhhn-fuck, I’m... I’m gonna kill- I hnn..”

Fisk wretched, it was a dry gag. It was good he hadn’t eaten anything this morning otherwise he’d have puked.

“T-thank you guys. I-I..”

He pulled himself up arm shaking. His bad arm grasped at his leg.

“I gotta... I gotta go to the bathroom, before- before I piss myself.”

He had barely registered that he said that as he started to make his way to the stairs. So much for showing weakness.

((Fisk Bateman continued elsewhere.))
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

He sighed, inaudibly, and then gave an reassuring smile.

((Vasily continued... elsewhere?))
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Thankfully, the relocating was a success. Sofia had seen such things only on screens and had been unsure if it would work.

Nonetheless, the process had taken a toll on Fisk, who retreated to the bathroom. Vasily also went upstairs.

That left Sofia alone again. Suddenly she became aware that ot fifteen minutes could have passed since the moment she had looked at the house boat and thought about the placement of the Danger Zones. Back then she hadn't been covered in blood, and she hadn't been a murderer. It felt like an eternity ago.

But now she was here on the upper deck, and the smell of blood started to creep into her conscience. Upon closer inspection, she realized some blood had even gotten on her blouse.

The answer to this problem was an obvious one: she would have to change into the clothing prepared by the TV-staff.

The best place to do that would be the bathrooms, without a doubt.

With a sigh, she started to descend the stairs. But before she said her maybe final goodbye to the upper deck, she threw on last look at the horizon, thinking about what James might be doing right now.

"Be safe, okay." She whispered to no one in particular.

The mic inside her collar heard it anyway.

((Sofia Kowalski continued in Alone with I, Me and Myself))
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2