Wish Away the Pain

Towering above the ocean far below, both the height of these cliffs and the rocks in the water beneath make it very obvious any fall from here will be lethal.
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

In the end, Yoshio didn't do anything. Izumi let out a sigh and let her body finally tremble. The way Izumi had acted even scared her to the core! Her eyes traveled to the ground meekly, almost embarrased by the way she had acted.

"He's gone," Izumi said to Mayumi, her throat terribly dry. "Mayumi, do you think I overeacted?"

Izumi looked up at Mayumi and stopped cold.

Wait, why was Mayumi looking at the cliff like that? Images ran through Izumi's mind. Bad pictures, pictures that made her shiver. It was all coming to a head. Izumi had vaguely recalled how she wanted to kill Yoshio for what he did, and how he posed a threat to the both of them. She could have killed him, but her best friend was in trouble. Mayumi had been the only thing holding her back. It sounded selfish (at least in her mind) but Izumi wanted to keep Mayumi alive simply for selfish reasons.

So, overeacting let again, Izumi yelled, her eyes wide. She held the gun tight in her hand.

"Damn it Mayumi! I hope you aren't thinking of what I think you're thinking! Y-You can't die! You're my best friend! What am I supposed to do if you die?!"
Senaria*

Post by Senaria* »

A way out...

Dreamlike, Mayumi tilted her head and examined the cliffs further. Part of her was horrified at the direction her thoughts were going, but most of her...Almost relieved to know that there was a way out. Anything was better than going through with this program. Going to end with death anyway don’t want to see the whole thing through don’t want to kill don’t want to don’t want...
I WANT OUT! I do, oh God I do! I can’t be in this anymore! Can’t watch my friends die...My friends...Izumi...

"He's gone," Izumi was saying. "Mayumi, do you think I overeacted?"

...She’ll be fiiiiiiine won’t she, yes she will. Just fiiiiiiine. Izumi will be okay. She’ll understand...Please get me out of this...Too much just too much want out now...

The other voice in her head seemed to be trying to get her attention, but Mayumi wasn’t going to listen to it any more. Didn't matter any more, did it. As long as she could free herself from this nightmare nothing mattered, nope nope nope. She'd given up, and didn't care. Going back to her dull, normal life was impossible, so why prolong the agony? Couldn't kill to survive, couldn't do anything at all...The only option, in her mind, was to end it.

"Damn it Mayumi! I hope you aren't thinking of what I think you're thinking! Y-You can't die! You're my best friend! What am I supposed to do if you die?!"

Mayumi paused, considering the words. Her mind felt...Fuzzy now, though her heart seemed to be beating at an abnormal rate.
She blinked, and suddenly smiled at Izumi. The smile seemed twisted and forced, and the edges of her lips kept on quivering.

"You understand right? C-course you do...You always do...You're...You understand. I want peace, you wouldn't take that from me, would you?" Mayumi licked her lips, and giggled softly. "You wouldn't, would you?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Senaria. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

(permission from Senaria of course.)

Izumi clammed up. This was serious, MAYUMI was serious. She left a violent, sick shiver run down her spine as that disturbing smile crossed her friend's face. She was serious. She wanted to die, and even crazier she wanted Izumi to do it!

"But... you're... you're really asking me to..."

Izumi could kill, that she was sure of. Yes she wouldn't be entirely into the idea but her connections with the rest of her class was stretched to the point where she wouldn't cry her heart out if they were to die. She was cold, a little uncaring for other people but she was no monster. Izumi imagined herself hiding in the shadows and attacking when people least expected it. But this... killing someone who was facing you, unarmed, begging for you to kill her. Mayumi of all people too.

Izumi took a step forward, then gun pointed right at Mayumi's head. She hesitated when pushing it against the girl's forehead, her hand shaking in it's tight hold.

Wait! No! Izumi couldn't do that! No! She didn't have it in her!

Then why had she been able to get this far without having the nerve to? All she had to do was pull the trigger and that was one last person to worry about...

No! Why was she thinking this way?! This was no ordinary person! This was Mayumi, her best friend for years, the person that had been by her side all the time! How could Izumi treat her best friend like a number rather than a person? That was inhumane!

Because Mayumi had asked her to do it. If Izumi didn't do it then Mayumi would just find some other way to off herself. Just refusing would be a waste of time.

Izumi screamed, both at Mayumi and at herself. "God damn it, why are you making me choose?!"

Her hand shook. She stared deep into Mayumi's eyes. She sighed. It was no use. Izumi pulled the gun away and gently kissed her friend's cheek, a kiss that any good friend would share with another. As a hello, as a goodbye. In this case it was the latter, though this filled Izumi with never ending dread. It coursed through her body and held her trigger finger back.

"Mayumi, you're my best friend. I love you like a sister..." She stopped. Any more and she wouldn't be able to do it. She knew what she had to do to make her friend happy.

So could Izumi really kill her best friend?

She bit her lip.

She pressed the tip of the gun against Mayumi's forehead, closing her eyes as she spoke one last goodbye. "Mayumi, I hope this makes you happy. I hope we meet up again, sometime, somewhere..." She sniffed as it all went to hell.

Bang.
Senaria*

Post by Senaria* »

The frozen smile was still etched into Mayumi's face. It was the only part of her not moving. Her limbs twitched and her eyes flicked around the area at random, but the icy smile never budged.

"But... you're... you're really asking me to..."

Mayumi watched as her best friend lifted a gun up, and pointed it at her. It looked like something out of a film, and at that thought she almost burst out laughing. Nothing mattered anymore...It would be over soon. Whether Izumi did it or she took care of things herself. Didn't matter, nope, nope no...So hard to care about things now. Strange, really. Not too long ago everything had mattered, and each tiny second in the future had been a cause of constant worry for her. How odd. Even Megumi, still lying dead on the floor, didn't bother her. Afterall, she'd be seeing her again soon.

...You're going to DIE what're you doing you will DIE Izumi is going to KILL you how could you do this to your BEST FRIEND you idiot it's all going wrong you're BETTER THAN THIS don't give up DON'T GIVE IN TO THE PROGRAM...

...Doesn't matter anymore...

"God damn it, why are you making me choose?!"
Izumi screamed. At this outburst the new voice in her head started roaring too, competing with the seductive, quiet voice that was making everything irrelevant...

She ignored it, though the smile on her face twitched. This was the best thing to do, of course...No doubt about it. Life wasn't worth living anymore, not after all this.[/i] If the voice wanted to make a fuss, like the voices had all through her life...The endless accusations, the sneering, the sniping...Well, now she wasn't going to listen anymore. The voices had always been there, as the result of her endless worrying about the right thing to do, but they'd have no say in this. It was her choice now, the inner her.

"Mayumi, you're my best friend. I love you like a sister..."
Izumi was saying, as the gun was pressed against her forehead. The metal was cold, and Mayumi almost shivered from its touch. "Mayumi, I hope this makes you happy. I hope we meet up again, sometime, somewhere..."

Her resolve almost broke at that point. Looking and listening to Izumi...God, it made her feel like a monster, a thought which the voices in her head were only too happy to pick up on. Idiot...You've given everything up...You've lost...Look at what you've done...How could you do this to Izumi! There might've been a way...!

Mayumi stared at Izumi, the manic smile finally fading from her face.

BANG.

Ninth Grade/Class B - Girl #14: MAYUMI TENDO: ELIMINATED
29 STUDENTS REMAINING
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Senaria. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

Izumi had killed her best friend. She was less than pleased about it but it didn't really matter now. She sat down on the rocks and thought for a very long time with her best friend's corpse slumped right next to her. Izumi would take a quick glance over every once in awhile but would turn away just as quickly. The sight of the body made her want to weep. The truth was, Izumi had loved Mayumi more than she could ever know. And yet Izumi still had it in her to kill her. Now she was alone with no one to talk to, no one to survive with. She regretted...

She regretted nothing. It was all in the game right?

Izumi sighed. She used to be such a happy girl. Yes she was self-centered and only hung around with most of her friends simply because she wanted to be cool, but goddamn it made her happy. Now she didn't care. Her mind was numb now, impossible to think of anything clearly.

Except for the game.

The gun was heavy in her hand. It was a clunky beast but Izumi knew that it would stick with her, and kill anyone in her way. It was her best friend in this mess though this didn't fill her with the hope that she had been searching for. It was official. Izumi was going to kill, and she was going to win.

Izumi was going to get to see her parents again. When they see just what kind of hell she went through, maybe they might hug her again like they used to. When they were still married.

So, if Izumi wanted to see her family and the few friends she had outside of this fucking island again, she had to kill. But how? There was no master plan that Izumi was cooking up. Izumi was no snake. If she was going to play, she wasn't going to fool someone into a state of peace only to blow their heads off seconds afterward. She didn't have any connections with her students apart from Yukie Utsumi, but even then they had never been close enough for her to think twice. And besides, Yuki Utsumi was dead along with Yuko Sakaki. She never really liked Chisato or Yuka either. That left Satomi, a kind girl but definitely paranoid. If somebody had told her that Satomi was killed by a group of kids simply because she overreacted to something incredibly petty, Izumi would buy it. Satomi was like a tea kettle ready to burst. It pained Izumi to say it but Satomi was a liability. So she didn't have any connections, sure, but it wasn't like killing was going to get easier the more she ended up doing it. Or perhaps it would. She didn't know. Izumi hoped so.

Izumi came to a decision. It was time to lower the numbers. She looked at her GPS and zoomed out so that it showed the entire big island. She looked around and saw that there were a cluster of students at the east side. She pulled the map out of her bag and tried to match up what she saw at the GPA to what was on the map. The lighthouse. A popular spot to be sure.

The girl side. "Guess if I'm going to hell, I'll take plenty with me."

(Izumi Kanai continued in Seeking)

Return to “Northern Cliffs (A8/9)”