Last Scott Standing

Phase 1 (0-12 Hours), (open)

The graveyard sits on a hill behind the church, overlooking the whole town. Many generations of continuous family lines can be found within the fence that encircles the land designated for this use. Most of the oldest gravestones have started to be reclaimed by the wild growth of the surrounding foliage, although a large ornate stone crypt featuring intricate carvings of various fish has been treated with the utmost care by the former groundskeeper. Behind the crypt is an area of land unused except for the presence of a large white gazebo. This area offers a view out over the surrounding environment and is relatively free of hazards.
Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Tapey »

Scott nodded towards Cole, and stared at the pile of dirt they had just finished filling. He wasn’t sure what to say, though. To be frank, he didn’t know the other Scott that well, despite being friends. He only saw him a few times in school, and some rumours about him being a complete asshole. He didn’t remember if he ever spoke to him in person, though.

“Uhm, rest in peace...I guess?” Scott said with a soft tone. His feelings were not exactly grief, but was more of a sympathy. To think that a young soul getting wasted just like that, yes, it was kind of a pity.

After finishing his last words towards Wallace, he turned around and stepped out from the crypt. The stench of this place was horrible, and he needed some fresh air.

Walking out from the crypt, he saw Cole asking James something, about if he wanted to stay. He didn’t join the conversation, but he leaned on a wall near them, listening to them. Personally, he would hope James to stay with them. But still, the decision was his, and Scott would respect that, even if he decided to leave.
Bowser

Post by Bowser »

James gave Cole a quick nod as he moved over to where the boy was standing for the last half hour or so. While Cole's little venture over to the newly filled grave wasn't bound to last for long, James figured it would be better to at least take his shotgun out of his bag instead of waiting for some idiot with a weapon to come up and try to kill the group.

Soon Cole returned, and asked him if he was sticking with the two of them before insinuating, at least that's what James assumed, that James would be considering playing.

"If you're asking if I'm gonna start playing, don't worry about it. I'd... Rather not hurt anyone else." James said, visibly a little upset at the idea of killing yet again. "But..."

He trailed off for a moment, before going back to what he was saying.

"I'm likely gonna just head out on my own for a bit. I don't know, I'd rather not drag you guys into my mess right now." James quickly gave a light, unsure shrug before continuing. "But... If we run into each other again, I... Well I'd be down for working together."

Really, that last part was mostly an attempt to soften the blow than anything. He liked the boys, sure, but he didn't really have any intent to work with either of them. Mostly because he didn't want to put them at risk because of what he did to Paxton. After all, he was a killer, his name was going to be on the announcements for everyone to hear. Sure, he could likely explain what happened to the boys and they'd shrug it off, but what if people come looking for revenge? Or what if some self righteous player hunter comes running around looking for another notch on his belt? Both Pierce and Cole would be put at risk because of him. He didn't want that, and he wasn't going to risk it.
Blastinus*

Post by Blastinus* »

Cole's eyebrow raised at the words "anyone else". Listening to James give his explanation for why he was leaving, it was becoming evident that something had happened, something that he didn't wish to share. It didn't take a genius to connect the dots.

In response, Cole nodded as well. "Okay then," was the best he could come up with under the circumstances. He wanted to say that he understood, that he got what James was going through, but that would have been a hollow, hurtful lie. He didn't know what it meant to kill someone and, God willing, he never would. That wasn't the path he wanted to walk...but perhaps it wasn't James' path either. He wasn't there, after all. Any number of things could have happened.

These thoughts and contradictions running through his head, he turned and realized that Scott was standing there behind them. Given that James was going his own way, it'd be presumptuous of him to assume that Scott would be any different, so he just said to James, "Well, take care," and started walking. If Scott wanted to tag along, he was welcome, but if not...Cole could live with that.

(Cole Peters continued elsewhere)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Blastinus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

Scott stayed silent after hearing James' reason of him going alone. Sure, he did wanted James to stay along with him and Cole, but he might had his own reasons. Who knows? He could've faced a lot of crap before they met. Plus, with the looks on James face, it seems like something was disturbing him, as if he went through something terrible.

At this point, Scott could've done something, such as asking him what happened and stuff. But thinking that the event might had concerned his friend so much that he wanted to go solo, he thought that it was better not to ask.

Seeing as Cole and James were about to part ways, Scott approached his friend, probably for the last time. "So, good luck, I guess?"
Bowser

Post by Bowser »

James could only give Cole a quick wave good bye as he marched his way out of the crypt. He couldn't blame him, James did just turn down what was basically an alliance offer after all. However he couldn't help but to feel a little bad for the guy as he left.

As Cole left however, Scott walked up to James. Wishing him good luck.

"Yeah, you too man..." James said, still looking at Cole as he departed. Once the boy was no longer in view however, James turned back to his friend.

"Hey uh... Can you do me a favor?" He said, scratching the back of his head as he did so. "Could you maybe, if you run into Mary perhaps..."

James hesitated for a moment, before finally opening his mouth and saying. "Could you tell her James said sorry. About what happened in the locker room."

It was vague as hell, James knew that, but really no matter how hard James tried he simply could not force out the words. Be it fear or regret, James simply didn't want to say what he did to Paxton out loud. Especially to Scott. It was very likely he'd break the poor boy's heart if he told him.

"Anyway, take care man. And, stay safe"

With that, James quickly left the crypt behind. Not wanting to stick around here any longer than he really needed to.

(James Bagstad continued elsewhere)
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

Scott was a bit confused why James would wanted to apologise to Mary. Did they met previously when the game starts? Did he did something terrible to her? What happened in the locker room?

But of course, he shouldn't ask too much.

At least, not now.

"Okay," Scott told James, watching as his friend departed away from him. "I'll tell her if I see her." He then waved hi goodbye, as James walked away.

So, what now?

He stood on the top of the hill, watching while trying to figure out what was going on. While suddenly,...

"BOOM!"

...What the fuck was that?

He quickly glanced towards where the sound came from. It seems like it was from some kind of residence area. As he was about to just ignore it, curiosity got the best of him. He wondered if there was a person there, or maybe...an ally? Knowing that his actions might be risky and dangerous, Scott packed his stuff, and continued to go towards the dwellings.

Well, he couldn't just sit at the same place for the rest of the game, right?

(Scott Pierce continued elsewhere)

Return to “The Graveyard (Prologue)”