The Jellies Experience

Open!

The Aquarium-Museum combo may not be as grand or as attractive as the other buildings on the island, but it's size has made it rather easy to maintain and looks rather well kept-together. It's compacted well, having only three aquarium tanks that are now almost empty, only having ocean water to fill it up. The museum half is mostly decorated with the history of the actual resort and the Gant family themselves, but it also commemorates a good number of memorabilia from 1920 to 1959.
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

Yagmur was again being a dick to him. Maybe Gene should just shut up and be quiet to him, instead of trying to make his mood better. He wanted to correct his surname given by Yagmur, but it didn't bother him that much to let him mock again.

Then, Wilson or just Will, who was apparently also was stuck in this resort, replied to Yagmur. And Bella was with him. Bella was somebody Gene couldn't like. She actually acted friendly, but then she wanted to improve Gene's acting. In the drama club. A club was voluntarily and just for fun. They weren't professionals. Acting wasn't fun that way. Directors sure could offer opinions, they're the creators. But she wasn't even Mr. Peters! And he didn't act too horribly.

He hated her back when he left, but after he left he had no real grudge, just a little, just an "avoiding".

Gene tried to reply to Will with a cheering voice, but all that came out was a monotone, tired reply.

"Yup, I'm here!"

He felt a bit tired. Rubbed his red eyes. He was awake for...over 24 hours. That definitely wasn't unusual for him, but he was up for 24 hours, while moving around and that was exhausting. He yawned.

"Have you guys slept yet? Uhm, are you in our golden team, too? And what're you planning to do?"

Gene hoped Will and/or Bella were in his team. Gene really did. No matter how shitty the atmosphere in the drama club was, team members from his school are better than team members from the other school.
I'm so glad to be back !
KamiKaze
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by KamiKaze »

Will tried to comfort her. Bella smiled slightly, though once again, it was only to prevent him from worrying.

Truth be told, it wasn't a smiling matter. Eden was still out there, probably lost. And what if she was being hurt, or thought Bella abandoned her? Could she live with that? It wasn't something she liked picturing. She didn't like the mental image of Eden broken and alone.

It was her and Shadi, that she wanted to make sure things were alright. Even if Shadi had killed two people, it was still Shadi. Just a few answers and seeing her again. That was all she needed.

Bella hadn't encountered much in terms of players, but even then, she was on edge. The aquarium wasn't too cozy, and she was about to suggest heading to the condos. Maybe Eden had decided to come back inside after not being able to find her, and she was waiting for her now.

Maybe returning soon was a good idea.

A voice broke the silence. It didn't sound familiar. Nor did the name Yagmur Tekindor. Sounded a little foreign, though she wasn't sure where it was from. She knew a Gene, though.

Bella always got the impression that Gene Steward never liked her. He had tried the drama club, and Bella had to admit, he wasn't a bad actor. Just needed a bit more polishing in some ways. Naturally, she tried to help him, but... well, he didn't like that. Bella continued, but he seemed upset.

One day, he just stopped showing up.

She also remembered the last time she heard his name. Bella had been somewhat groggy and had been focusing on... other things, but she heard his name on the announcement even if vaguely. That meant he had killed someone. Sure, they exaggerated in the announcements, and she was willing to give Shadi the benefit of a doubt. But she felt a different chill in her body. She had no idea what this Yagmur was like, but if he had been with Gene this entire time, it meant that he might know something.

Bella felt like she was shrinking as she pulled herself further into the bench.

"Hi Gene", she said, faintly.

She wasn't sure if either of them should answer his barrage of questions. Her left hand instinctively fiddled with the blue fabric as she thought for a second. He, and apparently this Yagmur, were gold, which meant he didn't share a team with Will or her and Cathryn. He also asked if they had slept, or if they had something planned. Again, though, should they answer?

"I'm... I'm blue. With a jellyfish."

For a moment, it felt like she had a chicken bone in her throat. She quickly glanced at Will to see what he felt. Hopefully the announcement was another exaggeration.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Once again, more people Gene knew, and more people he didn't know.

On the one hand, he'd rather these strangers die than people he cared about. That sounded heartless, but he didn't want these strangers to suffer. It was just a basic human instinct, to pragmatically and emotionally care more about people you knew, and Yagmur would probably find this a lot more emotionally distressing if even more of his friends were dying.

On the other hand, he would have liked to meet someone he knew. And was friends with. And preferably was on his team.

Yagmur called out. "Right, I am coming in." He held his gun up, in his good hand. "I have a gun. I will not shoot unless you attack me. Full disclosure." He slowly opened the door fully, stepping into the Aqua-Museum, until the two strangers were in his sight.

"Hello."
SansaSaver

Post by SansaSaver »

Will paused for a moment after Bella gave Gene and Yagmur her team name, though it wasn’t over a moment of indecision as to whether he should follow in her footsteps - if Bella had revealed hers so easily, it’d bring nought but trouble if he didn’t do the same - rather, he needed a moment to swallow back the mounting fear that’d begun to brew within him. It didn’t matter how much he tried to think of other things or tell himself that this time it’d be different, he couldn’t help but see how similar this whole situation was to what happened back at the transport centre. Alice and Gene and Yagmur were even on the same team - clearly this team’s mentor was made of heavy stuff if they’d managed to breed two killers out of people he’d never have thought capable.

His fingers absently crawled to pull up the cuff of his trousers to reveal where he’d tied his bandanna, quickly unlacing it before looping it around his arm. He’d originally placed beneath his pants to maintain some level of stealth, but if he was going to reveal his team too he wanted it to be immediately obvious - not wanting to risk any further inquiries or suspicion about his allegiances.

“I’m on the Rose Foxes, myself,” he said finally, voice wavering dispite his attempts to remain calm about the situation. He didn’t add anything beyond that, and while the thought of revealing that he knew the other members of their team - the remaining Hyenas were Jackson from third period English, and some girl he didn’t recognise with a biblical name, he recalled - as well as every other team in the resort, entered his mind, he dismissed it as soon as it made itself known. They could know what team he was on, but that didn’t mean they’d get to know about the dossier. Not yet, at least. It was his one advantage against them, and he wouldn’t - couldn’t - give it up that easily.

Yagmur made the first move, entering the building shortly after Will had offered his team name, offering a greeting as Will looked him over. He looked a little rough around the edges, but otherwise friendly enough - and though that was no confirmation as to whether he was trustworthy or not, it at least allowed his heartbeat to slow a tad more and his chest to untighten from the tenseness that it’d garnered over the past few minutes. He couldn’t help but note the injury done to his hand, but the wound looked too clean and too old to have been administered during the game. He must’ve gotten it before they’d been tossed together. Strange. Will’d never seen anyone in his entire life with an injury like that, or even an amputation of some kind.

Before he could linger on it for too long, he found himself instinctively replying to Yagmur’s greeting, standing up as he did so.

“Hey, I’m Will. Will Brackenrig.”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Cool, so nobody here is in our team?

It wasn't relieving that they weren't in his team. It was the opposite. He hoped somebody else from Davison was.

Bella and Will were also the first representatives of their teams Gene met. Even though Vahka and Bella had the same colour, Bella's bandanna was way darker.

"We survived an entire day. Ain't that cool?"

The tired Gene then moved some steps forward until he was near Will and Bella.

Both of them weren't acting hostile, but even if they were: Yagmur had the gun.

"I've been robbed, so...is there some food or other useful supplies here?"

Gene wasn't sure what to do with Bella and Will, as none of them were in his team. However, they could help him and Yagmur. For now.
I'm so glad to be back !
SansaSaver

Post by SansaSaver »

Will stood his ground as Gene moved into his vision and towards him and Bella, furtively furtively glancing back at the girl beside him every few seconds to check that she was okay. She was what mattered now; if he was going to definitely achieve something whilst trapped in this hell, then it would be keeping her safe. He wouldn’t fail, not this time, not after everything that’d happened. Those words replayed themselves in his head over and over, keeping him grounded and firmly reminding him what was important as Gene offered the pair of them a greeting and asked if they could spare any food.

He’d already made a modest dent into his own rations, having already devoured his entire subway the day before with Erik, in addition to half a packet of saltines a few hours ago when the unfamiliar sensation of pangs of hunger swelled within his stomach. But he knew he could spare something to give to Gene - be it a few slices of bread or a whole loaf - anything to help keep the boy who was (had been? It was difficult to tell anymore, not after everything that’d happened) his friend from possibly repeating what’d happened with the Valerie girl.

He knelt down to his backpack and sifted through his rations before withdrawing a pair of slim jims and one of the gluten-free loaves they’d been provided with, gently tossing them towards Gene. He hoped the other boy was a good catch, because he’d always been a hopeless throw.

“Hey Gene,” he said, glancing back at Bella once more. “Hope that’s enough. I can spare a little more if you’d like, though.”

He paused once again, as the question that’d niggled at the back of his mind ever since Gene had requested rations entered the forefront of his thoughts, curiosity driving him to vocalise it before he had time to process what he was saying.

“I... I can’t help but wonder, though - and forgive me if this is being too forward - but whatever happened to the rest of your food?”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Gene realized too late what happened. He saw something landing on the floor.

"Oh, thanks!"

He stooped to take the loaf and bit in the bread. The floor didn't look too dirty. And food was rare in SOTF. So it was worth it.

"I actually have enough food, there was this girl and stuff...just wanted to know if this Museum has something useful. I mean, there are museums with snack bars, right?"

While Will asked another question, he took some other bites and chewed on it and waited until he swallowed it to answer it.

"Oh, the rest of the food? It's probably in Aidan's belly. That fucker robbed me with some girl. You should watch out for him."
I'm so glad to be back !
SansaSaver

Post by SansaSaver »

For the first time since he’d awoken in the resort, Will was truly at a loss for words.

He’d smiled warmly as Gene thanked him for the food, grateful that his shoddy throw hadn’t been met with the other boy’s ire, and let his body relax a little from the tightly-wound tenseness it’d worked itself into over the past few moments, but the second Aidan’s name evacuated Gene’s mouth any trace of possible relaxation was sapped from the room. Aidan had robbed Gene? That... wasn’t possible. Sure, Will knew that people changed in this game - had known it since that fateful sleepover where he’d been introduced to it - but Aidan robbing someone? That was one morsel of change that Will just couldn’t digest.

Gene had killed someone, though, so he was far being trustworthy - none of his words could be taken at face value. But even so, when Will desperately wracked his brain for some alternative explanation, something that would prove that his best friend wasn’t some thief, he came up dry. If there was anybody in this resort Will could claim to know the best, then it would have to be Aidan. Aidan had always been there for him, always supported him - and he’d done the same in turn. Aidan wouldn’t have done this - no matter what Gene said, he wouldn’t have done his. He wasn’t that sort of person.

His chest began to rise and fall as words spilled forth from his mouth, throat burning like sandpaper as he struggled to respond to Gene’s claim.

“No. No, it couldn’t have been Aidan, he’s...” He paused for breath, voice shaking with the emotions churning through him. “He’s not like that. He’s a good person.”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Gene doubted that good and evil even existed. But if it existed, a "good" person wouldn't just ambush and rob him.

He pitied Will, his reaction to Gene's words looked real. Gene himself wouldn't be sad about his friends playing, but Will probably was.

Will should be warned, however. Gene didn't want him to trust Aidan to be killed by him. If Will was dead, it'd be bad and if Aidan has a kill, it would be even worse. Even though he thought Aidan might not kill Will, as they seemed to get along rather well in the drama club, them allying up would be bad for Gene either way. Will just would be a meatshield for Aidan then.

"Aidan is devious and you shouldn't trust him. He's also in a team with some Laura. So they'll prevent you or me to win, as they're pretty strong already. You have no real allies on the same team so far. You're on your own. So you might want to consider finding some. And sorry in case I disappoint you, but Aidan is yellow."

Gene liked Will, he was better than everybody else in the drama club together. He was the only one in the drama club he watched SOTF together with and the only one he had contact with after he left it. But that might be because he was more backstage and wasn't a pain in the ass like the others. Will however might just have had worse friends. Gene wondered if he was the only one in Davison who realized how terrible the people in the drama club were.

After taking a breath and rubbing his eyes once again, he continued.

"And I know that you know that people change in the game. So he might've been a cool guy in school, but here he's dangerous and toxic...My guess is that he probably wants to pull off something like Dexter Milton. Aidan robbed, I killed. The difference is that I was in the announcement, while he wasn't. He avoids them and wants to kill the last person alive...But that's just my guess."

After his attempt to make himself look better than Aidan, he put his hand that wasn't holding his pogo-stick into his pocket and yawned once again.
I'm so glad to be back !
SansaSaver

Post by SansaSaver »

Denial and confusion gnawed away at Will’s subconscious as Gene elaborated upon what had happened with Aidan, his head beginning to shake with each word the boy standing across from him said. He needed this one thing, just one shard of wreckage to cling to in the midst of the endless ocean his life had degenerated into. He needed to know that Aidan was still a good person in spite of everything that was happening around them, and Gene was tearing that one thing into tatters. Aidan wasn’t cruel or vindictive, and the game couldn’t make him that way - that was the stone cold truth. Will knew that some people were like that and the game catered to such a fact in more ways than one, but Aidan wasn’t one of them. He couldn’t be.

So when Gene poured out all about what Aidan and this girl, Laura, had done, Will knew it all had to be lies. He brought up past contestants, tried to use them to bolster his points against Aidan, but Will dismissed them without a second thought. He didn’t have time to even entertain the notion that his friend might be rehashing what some other teenager had done, not when he was still reeling from Gene’s claims and attempts to justify why he was more trustworthy than Aidan. Gene was a killer - the announcements were more than enough proof of that - but he had none for Aidan’s crimes. And the way Gene could be so blasé over his kill, could mention it in such a casual, offhanded manner... it creeped Will out.

He was tired, tired of this argument, tired of having to listen to whatever lies Gene was no doubt concocting.

He wanted to get back to doing what truly mattered; ensuring Bella was alright, finding his friends, enjoying some small sliver of happiness before the end.

He was done with Gene’s lies, and he had to let him know that.

“Yes, Aidan’s on another team - but what about mine? Everybody else on my team is dead except for one person, so in the grand scheme of things teams don’t really factor into my choices anymore, Gene. I don’t care about finding this one last person, not when there are so many others I care about so much more,” his voice broke, and he could feel the beginnings of tears blur the edges of his vision. He swatted them away, trying to avoid letting the emotions swirling through him from fully taking over, before continuing. “I care about Aidan. I care about you, I care about Bella, I care about every single one of my friends, every single person who’s been dropped into this place.”

“We can work things out, Gene, but only if you stop trying to claim that Aidan’s anything but the kindhearted soul that I know he is.”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Will still wasn't convinced. He then confused Gene with the fact that he said that his teammates were dead. Gene didn't know how he could've gained that information. Maybe his mentor told him, he found the corpses of them or somebody else told him, probably. Or he just lied.

"Will, you are a kindhearted soul, you care, you aren't playing! But not Aidan. So you're wrong."

You're right.

Gene knew Aidan wasn't playing. Else, he'd be dead. But Gene couldn't just change his mind. That'd make Will to trust him even less.

Will also admitted that he didn't want to play. That wasn't a bad thing at all, in Gene's opinion. But, he didn't want to win either. He apparently "cared" about everybody, so he probably won't do anything. He'd just die. Killed by some random killer. He won't try to survive. Will acted "altruistic", something that didn't even exist. And wouldn't exist, according to some philosophers.

"Also yeah, I get it, you care. I also care about you and all my other friends and hope most of them aren't even stuck in here, which unfortunately isn't the case and can't be changed, but that doesn't mean I won't care about something pretty important, like, you know, living."

Will, the guy who watched SOTF with him together, was a fan like him. But Will did kinda whine about the situation, he could've prepared. Gene flickered. He smelled hypocrisis.

"I have advice for everybody watching this show who'll end up here: Don't even think about who you just killed, what his or her future could be or what you did with him or her, else you could go insane and commit suicide and shit. Don't think, just survive."

Gene thought that it might be better to kill just people from the other school for exactly that reason.

"I think, I don't want to discuss this further. I think I'll leave. I don't really want the last memories of you being a hateful debate about somebody I barely care about. And I'm super tired. So let's be cool. Maybe we'll meet again, maybe we won't, good luck and stuff."

Gene decided to leave Bella and Will and meet the rest of his golden team. Will and Bella wouldn't help him in any way anymore.

But then he realized that it would be a terrible decision.

Gene and Yagmur would go elsewhere and Bella and Will would meet other people. They could easily end as fodder for Shadi, Pia, Lucia or Jewel. And they already have enough kills. And it was obvious that Will might die as a meatshield for Bella, which also would suck.

And he knew he couldn't do anything for Will. Even if he get the ten kills, Will wouldn't try to survive.

All he saw in front of him was hypocritical fodder for Jewel. And he wouldn't let Jewel or any other killer escape the island before him.

It did not matter whether Gene kills killers or non-killers. By killing the killers he'd reduce the chance of somebody else getting out first, by killing the non-killers he'd reduce the amount of people somebody else can kill to get out first.

"Actually..."

Gene, who was tired as fuck, then began to babble some sentence, that had a melody, even though it had some sort of dissonance.

"You know that the spades are the swords of a soldier and that the clubs are weapons of war, also that diamonds mean money for this art and that's exactly the shape of Aidan's heart!"

Gene then put out his deck of cards from his pocket and saw how it flew around.

He quickly put out his shard, slashed it at Will, but dropped it accidently.

Gene eyed Bella. She would be the third kill.

He then grabbed his pogo-stick with both hands, raised it, aimed it and repeatedly smashed it at Will, hoping to him many times.
I'm so glad to be back !
KamiKaze
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by KamiKaze »

Gene's friend seemed... large.

He was tall, perhaps taller than even Shadi. Yagmur also seemed... scruffy. She wasn't sure what she was going for, but he seemed a scrapper. Even from here, Bella could see that he was missing a few fingers, though it didn't look... well, "fresh".

Bella had been told at some point in her life that in some gangs, they cut off a finger if you did something they didn't like. She wasn't able to figure out which finger or remember where it was they did that, but the mental images with that in mind seemed grisly. Any number of things could explain the fingers, but her scared mind kept coming up with the worst.

The gun was out, but he said he wasn't going to shoot unless something happened. Bella wasn't sure about them, but her and Will were unarmed. Hopefully he'd keep her word. Hopefully.

Will had given his team name, and introduced himself to Yagmur. Gene, however, had commented on how they made it this far, and... to be honest, Bella wasn't sure of how much an achievement that was. It was, no doubt, but what about the people who didn't?

She felt herself tense up further as he approached them, almost pulling herself against the wood. There was something... off, no doubt. She couldn't figure out what exactly was wrong. It was that feeling, when you know something is strange, or when someone is lying to you. Intuition? Maybe.

Gene asked for food, and Bella pulled her bag close, opening it. As much as she was nervous around him, it would be the nice thing to do. However, she closed it when Will had tossed some bread and Slim Jims towards him .Well, no need to. And if Will was running low, she had more. She hadn't dug in much. Bella had been too anxious to eat.

The story Gene told, though... it was strange.

"Aidan?" she muttered, her voice once again low.

Aidan was a mutual friend of her and Will's, and it was weird to hear that he too was playing. Or robbing people. Bella hadn't heard his name on the announcement, but maybe she missed it, or he hadn't actually outright killed someone, or Gene was lying.

She didn't want to believe Gene, to be honest. This was getting too off.

Will expressed his disbelief and shock. The point where she really didn't want to believe Gene, though, was when he went on to tell them how evil Aidan was.

Bella didn't say anything, still sinking into herself. Even if he'd been robbed by Aidan, it was clear he was telling them this story to convince them to do something or turn against him. What's more, he was so casual, so... normal, about the fact that he had killed a girl and taken her food.

They needed a way out. Gene was giving off major signs.

When she watched the show before, often times she would mentally steel herself when she knew someone was going to do something horrible to someone else. Last season, it was when Nate took the drugs from Marvia, or when Panya approached the group at the beach, or close to anything involving Odile. It was a regular experience of watching the show, knowing that someone was playing or likewise and then seeing people who end up falling for them in some way or another.

It felt very much like this. Only this time, she was one of the key players.

Will seemed tired, exhausted, by all this. She imagined he had been through a lot himself, that she didn't know about. But she didn't want this conversation to continue any longer. Bella felt like she could melt into the bench, Will seemed tired, and Gene was...

When he yelled at Will, she flinched.

Gene... had snapped, or was gone. Whatever term you would like to use, it was clear that something wasn't like the Gene she knew at school. But she couldn't find the words to say she wanted to excuse themselves, find Cathryn, and get out of here before Gene could know what was going on.

It seemed for a second like he was leaving, though. Maybe he had gotten bored after realizing that his scheme, whatever it was, wasn't going to work.

Bella glanced at Will again. Maybe she would talk with hi-

Gene was saying something again. It was something about spades, clubs, diamonds, and Aidan's heart...

Bella cried out as cards flew everywhere. She couldn't see a thing! He had cards on him? But what was he doing with them-

He was approaching even closer, and in the chaos she could see him swing towards Will. In a brief second, she remembered what it was like seeing Matt and the girls talking, and how she had frozen up at the door. Her bones were the same, unable to move. This time, it was worse.

A pogo stick swung repeatedly.

Bella's mouth hung agape, as she was unable to leave the bench.

"Stop it..." she started quietly, but the next was much louder. "Stop it!"

Her eyes quickly darted, to see if there was a way to make him stop. Something to hit against his head, or to throw at him. Anything.

All she could do was sob. And she hated it.
SansaSaver

Post by SansaSaver »

Relief began to pulse through Will’s system as Gene accepted that their debate was done and turned to leave with Yagmur in tow, replaced only seconds later by a flurry of confusion as he rotated on his feel to face him and Bella once more. Will’s eyes widened and his lips quivered as he struggled to find words, tried to rationalise a reason why Gene had suddenly gone back on his word - delivering an explanation that only further fuelled his confusion.

Before he could begin to process Gene’s cryptic words or try and translate what they meant, Gene had closed the gap between the two of them, and the next second he’d landed hard on the linoleum floor below him. Pain exploded in the back of his skull as a pained grimace marred his features and his hand rocketed to the wound, surveying it for any wetness or damage. His vision began to blur almost immediately, fresh tears dancing on his eyeline and mingling with a droplet of blood as it trickled warmly down his forehead. He tried to form a words, tried to get Gene to stop, but the only noise he could make was a shuddering gasp as the other boy swung at him once again.

He struggled to raise himself off the ground, arms and legs shaking as he tried to elevate himself back into a standing position, before Gene’s instrument contacted with his head twice more - the first a glancing blow, the second a perfect hit - sending him sprawling upon the floor in a messy heap. He began to scream as pain overwhelmed everything, getting Gene to stop becoming his only desire. His yelps of protest tore at his throat as he struggled to drag himself backwards, nails digging into the floor as he clawed pathetically away from Gene.

Whatever happened next, he knew there was no escape from this. He could last a minute or an hour more, but whatever happened, he knew he wasn’t leaving this game alive.

“Stop, Gene, please, please stop!” He begged, strands of blonde hair clinging to his face as he twisted his head to meet Gene’s steely gaze, Bella’s words of protest mixing with his own frenzied cries.

But he didn’t stop, he kept going, delivering yet another blow to the side of Will’s head - his vision exploding into a multicoloured blur as his sight began to fade away. Several of his fingers broke as they impacted with the bar in a vain attempt at holding back Gene’s strikes, snapping backwards in a deafening crack, but he was too exhausted to even cry out for the pain that erupted through him.

Eventually, his limbs went lax as he collapsed fully against the floor, the ability to protest finally ebbing away from his body.

All he could do was clench his eyes tightly shut and pray that Gene would finally stop.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Yagmur had hung back. As creepy and frustratingly dim as he was, Gene seemed to be more confident and outgoing, and seemed to know these people pretty damn well. Perhaps it was better to let Gene be the speaker of the time. Maybe not the negotiator, no, he was too erratic for that, but he could be trusted with the idle chit-chat. An unspoken division of labour was forming, and he was just fine with that.

So he stood by the door, gun by his side, checking it was all good to use if they were attacked by a mindless psycho, but that the safety was on so he wouldn't accidentally shoot someone's dick off. The conversation seemed to be going...well would be an overstatement, but no-one had died yet, so by the standards of the current environment, that was an achievement. Gene quickly and arbitrarily descended into full-blown dickmode, but he wasn't one to judge. He didn't exactly want to get to know these strangers. He rarely did want to expand his social circle, unless it was necessary and he was under the influence of at least half a bottle of hard liquor.

"Hey, mentor guy," he muttered, whispering into his collar, "gimme some tips on where I can find a good alcoholic drink."

Still, things were peaceful, even though Gene had decided to leave.

Until Gene decided that, nope, he wasn't going to leave in peace, he was going to make everything hell.

Yagmur took a few seconds to process what was happening, and when he did, the girl was sobbing, begging Gene to stop. Yagmur knew Gene was on his team. He knew he should logically try for diplomacy, or even help Gene in quickly dispatching these de facto foes. But fuck that, he wasn't going to stick with this douche just because some idiotic pampered suits had randomly assigned them together.

"You leave him to me!", he called out to Bella authoritatively, breaking into a run. "My team, my problem!" Reaching Gene as he finished his command, he grabbed the smaller man from behind, wrapping his arm around his torso. Yagmur took a few lumbering steps back, Gene wrestling and struggling in his hands, obviously having been caught off guard by the intervention. Gene was kicking and elbowing his captor, but to no avail. Just as he was preparing to press the barrel of his gun against his teammate's head using his good hand, he was suddenly knocked down to his feet, firing his gun to the side of the room accidentally just as he flicked off the safety.

Gene now released from his grasp, Yagmur quickly realised what had happened, climbing to his knees, ears ringing and bones aching. Touching his bad hand to his forehead, he saw some fresh blood. He didn't know whether it was all Will's or some of it was his, but he'd just been smacked in the face with the pogo stick.
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Gene expected Yagmur to support him.

He didn't.

Bella and Will wanted him to stop, so did Yagmur. He didn't only try to prevent him to finish Will, he also attacked him and tried to kill him. Gene however managed to defend himself and had to decide what to do.

Best. Teammate. Ever.

Attacking Yagmur would be suicide, for obvious reasons. And he almost shot him. And attacking Bella or finishing off Will would be a bad idea, too, as Yagmur still had the gun. So Gene had to flee.

Will was unfortunately still alive, he probably felt much pain and he was crying. It was a pitiful scene.

"Don't make me cry, Will."

He ran with his pogo-stick around the corner to a different hallway, so he would be out of the field of fire of Yagmur's gun. He heard a crack under his foot and he felt exhausted.

Gene needed to exit this building.
I'm so glad to be back !

Return to “The Aqua-Museum”