Immortality

TV3 Endgame, Part 7

This massive, multi-story cruise ship is at the center of the flotilla, the largest vessel present and one of the most reliably sturdy. Multiple avenues of approach allow it to serve as a hub for transit to other parts of the arena, but also leave it all-but-impossible to fortify against entry itself.
carduinal-cyn
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by carduinal-cyn »

From her vantage point behind the crate, Olivia slapped her hand across her mouth and stifled a high-pitched, squeaking scream.

Kaya was dead. Gone. Just like that. Two words. There was something bitterly ironic about her, once so popular and fond of SOTF, being snuffed out so unceremoniously. Back at school, she was a volleyball star with a sunny disposition and a sharp tongue, an SOTF superfan who never quite knew when to shut up about heroes and villains and all that other symbolic mumbo-jumbo her English teachers probably loved. Yet here she was, shot dead by a raging hypocrite. Anthony Golden was that special breed of killjoy in the Mangrove Garden days: the equivalent of one of those vegans who seemingly only existed to take potshots at you for wanting to eat a hamburger.

But here, when the chips were down? No preaching. No moral high ground. Not even rage. Nothing but cold, unfeeling malice.

Olivia could easily picture what would happen if the whack-job won the game. He would blend right back into his activist camouflage, spin a sob story for the execs, "oh, I did what I had to do and I'm not proud of it." And they would pay for all the surgery on his stupid, punchable Deadpool-ass face, because he had the publicity and the British accent a bunch of fangirls would find cute. Her eyes zeroed in on the Zip. She couldn't let "Anthony Golden, Tumblr Sexyman" become twisted reality.
Olivia del Rio [ES11] is shooting her shot!
Olivia's Relationship Thread
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 123456789101112Endgame (1234)
[+] Upcoming characters
There doesn't seem to be anything here.
[+] Past characters
Raymond LaSalle [S025] was squirreled away to his doom.
Raymond's Relationship Thread
Memories: 1
Supers: 1234567

Sho Tsukioka [B14] gave love a bad name.
Battle Royale: 123456
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

One shot.

One kill.

Simple as.

Anthony wasn't quite sure where he had hit - right in the heart, maybe? It'd explain how Kaya'd just sorta dropped to the ground. Or hell, maybe he'd hit the spinal cord. Didn't matter, but if SOTF did autopsy reports he'd find it interesting to read up on just how people died. He'd wager blood loss was the primary cause in most cases.

Stepping out of his cover now the threat was eliminated, he gave Olivia a wide grin, the cheer unable to disguise that bloodlusted look in his eyes. Pulling the bolt back, Anthony let the case clink to the floor and slammed it back in to load another round.

Taking aim, there was only one thing Anthony could say before he sent Olivia to hell with the rest of them.

"Ivan's not coming."
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

After that Anthony had killed Kaya in the jungle, Andi was getting a tad frustrated with the game altogether. They were losing.

Hard.

The score was 3-13, and Andi wasn't going to lose her fucking promotion to an Anthony main.

No fucking way.

His kit was whack, his skin was whack, and his username 'PippiBasher420' was whack.

Everything about that guy sucked.

And Andi? They weren't going to let that go.

From the bush and hidden- because nobody used cameras at this ELO - Ivan finally got close enough to Anthony.

Two shots.

Blam-bam.

The bullets appeared before Ivan on the camera.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

The stinging in Anthony's back informed him that yes, Ivan was actually coming. That, and the sounds of both barrels blasting at him.

The shotgun had been fired from too far away to really do much in the way of real damage, the pellets just embedding themselves in Anthony's back. Another bit of pain to add onto the orchestra of agony.

Flipping around, Anthony grinned at Ivan. "Everyone else is dead, fucker! Just you and me!" Olivia was forgotten in the frenzy, Anthony focusing on a much more pressing target.

The dead man walking had killed Giselle and Ashanti.

He would fucking pay with whatever of his life remained in his body.

Taking aim as he started to run towards him - he didn't have another gun, right? - Anthony fired another shot, not expecting it to do anything other than sail over his shoulder. But if he could keep Ivan from reloading, he could finish this. He'd come this far, sacrificed so much. God was with him now, and he'd always been, or he would have died a hundred times over. So there was no fear as he ran into the belly of the beast, towards the titan that had withstood so much damage.

Because he was David.

This motherfucker was Goliath.

And his rifle was a sling.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
carduinal-cyn

Post by carduinal-cyn »

Despite being at Anthony's mercy only moments before, Olivia broke into a wicked grin once Ivan-ex-Machina arrived on the scene. She couldn't help herself: the timing was perfect. Not even Coach could have planned it that well.

The boys were fighting again, though, and that meant she was off to the wayside, barely relevant. Lucia would have resented it, if she'd lived long enough to see it. Without the sexual tension Fisk Bateman brought to every brawl, it was nothing but a boring bloody shootout between a pair of boring, brutish men. And there she was, for all she knew the very last girl alive on the cruise ship, powerless to charge ahead and forge her own destiny. She felt little better than a damsel, a living prop. As they charged each other, Olivia's stomach boiled with a nameless anger.

Kaya's Zip lay on the ground, surrounded by flames. A prize. A lifeline. Without Tenga, it would have to do.

Silly boys, Olivia thought. They're never gonna see me coming.

She crawled out from her hiding place.
[+] Upcoming characters
[+] Past characters

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

The reloading mechanic was kind of stupid.

It was supposed to be a fast-paced game, and being limited in how much damage you could dish out because your character was going to arbitrarily have a mechanic that stopped them from auto attacking was real stupid.

Andi figured this was how they balanced him between the invincibility-invisibility. Still, stupid.

Andi watched as their character put two purple-pink-blue shell in his shotgun. Andi moved Ivan, causing him to only have one bullet in his gun.

Fuck.

Ivan dashes for cover with a half-empty gun.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Oh no you don’t, Anthony thought to himself! Psalms 18:37-42.

I pursue my enemies and catch them; I do not stop until I destroy them. Anthony dashed after Ivan. He had murdered Ashanti and Giselle. The dead man walking had to be made to account for his sins.

I strike them down, and they cannot rise; they lie defeated before me. The body of Kaya was lying there on the deck; as was RJ’s body from days ago; and across the flotilla his enemies lay defeated.

You give me strength for the battle and victory over my enemies. Though the pain blanketed his body like ashes from the fire that consumed this ship, Anthony knew that his strength was derived from the Lord and His guidance, which coated his body in a sense of warmth, pride and elation that was stronger than any pain.

You make my enemies run from me; I destroy those who hate me. Ivan was running, fleeing. The dead man walking would be walking no longer; he would be crushed like those who had opposed Anthony before.

They cry for help, but no one saves them; they call to the Lord, but he does not answer. Olivia and Ivan could run, but they could not hide themselves nor their sins from He who saw everything. If they fled, He would guide Anthony to the den that they had hid in and let him do the work.

I crush them, so that they become like dust which the wind blows away. I trample on them like mud in the streets. Anthony grinned, swinging with the rifle for Ivan’s head as soon as he got close enough to do so.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
carduinal-cyn

Post by carduinal-cyn »

The boys raced around like headless chickens.

Olivia crept closer, closer.

They weren't firing at each other yet, oh no...

Someone's gun arced through the air like a melee weapon.

She cringed.

God dammit.

It was my idea first.
[+] Upcoming characters
[+] Past characters

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Thonk.

That stupid noise that Andi hated reverberated through their headphones. They bit the bottom of their lips as the status effect Knocked Down appeared in yellow letters above their Ivan. Anthony had used his stupid 3 seconds stun that has a 10 second cooldown, which is insanely broken to anybody in the hands of anybody with a brain and building cooldown reduction. At least he wasn't on the same team as Kaya who gave out cooldown reduction as a passive.

The Season 67 Champions were stupid broken.

Well except for Ivan as he laid on the floor, BTFO'd.

The impact of the rifle against his jaw had sent his teeth and his gun flying toward Olivia, skidding against the ground. Ivan hit the ground, the back of his neck making a crunching noise that made his bloodied lips curl inward.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

That seemed like it was it.

For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes. Proverbs 24:16.

Ivan was on the ground, knocked down. Perhaps knocked out. If that was the case, then the end of all this was in sight. The sun would rise over his victory, and He would smile.

Anthony racked the rifle's bolt back. One bullet to Ivan's head. Rack the bolt back again. Spin around, and finish Olivia off. One out of eighty-one. It was that simple.

A wide smile spread across his face. To him, it was a sign of the elation he felt at the victory that was close to hand.

To everyone else viewing, it was something more sinister.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Andi smashed the W key as hard as they humanly could. A pink-purple-blue shield appeared around their champion, removing the status effect and making Ivan stand again. No fucking way that this guy was going to snowball under her fucking watch. She spotted Olivia in a bush in the opposite side of the line, using a health pack to regain some HP.

Andi just needed to kill time.

Andi just needed to fuck him up.

Andi just needed-

Ivan stood up and then grabbed the rifle. It was burning. Little welts appeared on the inside of his hands, and he pushed the barrel away from his body. With one hand, he collapsed Anthony with his free fist.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Before Anthony knew it, Ivan was back on his feet, snatching for the rifle with one hand, delivering a fist to the stomach with the other. He nearly threw up, his legs buckling with all the air in his body being forced out of him. But even with being on one knee, Anthony still kept a death grip on the rifle, trying to yank it back from the revenant. At some point the gun went off with a quiet report, the trigger pulled during this tug of war. The bullet hit nothing but empty water.

Rising slowly, Anthony kept that elated yet sinister grin as he looked into Ivan's eyes.

He'd escaped death for so, so long. Really, Anthony still thought he might just keel over at any moment.

But at long last, it had arrived, and no matter how he struggled against the will of the Lord, Ivan Rodriguez would die here, today, on this ship, and he would receive his eternal punishment in Hell.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"What do you mean 'Connection Error'?"

Ivan felt the bullet go through the barrel. He let go of the gun. He didn't realize what happened until it was too late.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Ivan let go of the gun. Maybe it was too hot now that Anthony had fired. Maybe he'd just ran out of strength. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Too many maybes. Maybe he could cock the gun and put a bullet in Ivan. Maybe he was winding back to grab Anthony and throw him off the cruise ship or some shit. Maybe there was a shotgun in his bag waiting to be used.

Anthony pulled the rifle back, gripped it firmly in two hands, and threw it in Ivan's face. His hand reached back to the backpack, pulling out that melted, warped shotgun. Good for at least one shot.

It was going to be a gut shot. That was what Anthony intended. But as he stepped forwards, one of his legs gave out and he was forced back onto a knee again. Fearing that he'd take advantage of the distraction, he panicked. The barrel of the gun was pressed up to the first thing that he could, Ivan's kneecap. Anthony didn't know how badly this would fuck Ivan up. But if one thing was sure, he knew it would be the end of all this.

He pulled the trigger.

BANG

Goliath fell.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Andi had looked at their screen freezing. They looked at their internet connection, and it was an webbed Earth looking symbol.

"God fucking dammit."

They tried to connect and reconnect the Ethernet cable. They plugged and unplugged it several times, but after losing a couple of precious seconds of their match, they stopped. They leaned back into their seat, the chair creaking as their weight pressed against the spine. Staring at their non-existing connection never coming back, they considered their option.

A) Try again.

B) Go on their phone.

C) Get up and do something else.

Andi went with B. They opened Twitter with their data, and went through the Season 68 tag. They scrolled through the casting, which this year looks like mugshots. They squinted. No mentors this time - which was weird? Probably because of that Luanne and Pippi shenanigans that unfolded.

They continued to scroll. Faceless teens that will become future victims and killers.

A girl with mismatched eyes.

A guy with a pastel grunge style.

A girl that's probably a furry.

A boy that fell into the now indiscernible goth subculture.

Another boy with red hair and crooked teeth.

A girl with an inverted bob.

A boy with weird red lenses on his glasses.

A girl that can be best described as Fiskcore.

A boy that can be best described as a slutty gay boy.

A girl that has black eye bags on top and on the bottom.

And another girl that looks like her picture was taken from a yearbook.

Others that feel in the mass of forgettable people.

They stopped scrolling. One of the posts wasn't a mugshot with a name.

A mall?

Ivan was on the ground.

Dropped.

Face first.

Immobile.

A pool of blood appeared to slowly, but surely, grow.

Return to “The Cruise Ship (Endgame)”