In Another Life

just look the other way and i'll disappear forever

The open deck of the cruise ship is still a fairly cramped expanse—stairways and access points to the bowels and corridors are numerous, as are ladders over the edge, and a number of lifeboats provide potential cover. Elsewhere, benches and folding chairs create small circles suitable for conversation. From the deck, one can take in almost all of the flotilla with a little walking; only the clipper ship's crow's nest offers a higher vantage point.
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

"You're... you're gone too?"
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“I mean, yeah.”

“You heard the announcements, right?”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Wham Yubeesling

"No, I didn't, I-"
Wham Yubeesling

"Fuck-"
Wham Yubeesling

"Fuck-"
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Verity.”

“Don’t fucking choke now. Breathe. You got this. You joined up expecting this.”

“Who do you got to worry about? Ivan, Anthony, and three fucking nobodies. Guess what? Those first two? They’re just as fucked up as you are, if not worse.”

“You can do this. You know how to think before you fight, you know how to fight, and you got luck to back you up if something fucks up. You’ll be fine.”

“And if not? Fuck it, who cares, you did better than anyone else in your predicament would have. It’s not every day you have the entire game rigged against you. We all knew this shit was coming. We’re all rooting for you if you win, and we’re all waiting if you don’t. Either way, you’ll do us proud. You’ll make us immortal. You yourself already are.”

“Before I go, can I ask you to do one thing? Err I guess two. You already know if you get Ivan to make that motherfucker hurt, but if you get Anthony too? Yeah, can you like, shoot his balls off for me? I don’t know, gouge his eyes out or something, like; fuck that guy in particular. He’s a piece of shit, he’s really got it coming to him.”

“Umm, yeah. Kind of a reach. My bad. Still kinda bitter about the whole dying thing. Vasily still won’t stop making jokes about how it happened. Anyways, yeah, we’re rooting for you. You can do it! Whoop their asses, and worldstar and all that.”

“We believe in-
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—you, even when nobody else does. I mean, I know a thing or two about belief, about being written off, told you're past your prime. You spend long enough in showbiz, you get a feel for how these things work, and the best comeback's the one only the dedicated few see coming. So come on, kiddo. You're still a star in the making, so stand up—
Wham Yubeesling

“Shut up-”
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—then drop and give me twenty. What you need is some discipline. Discipline, planning, and action. That's the way to accomplish your mission. Now, you're behind enemy lines, the last member of your squad, but that does not mean the end. You have an objective, and you have the bloody-minded determination to pursue it, so now you just need to—
Wham Yubeesling

“You’re not real-”
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—drop this, this ridiculous farce of barbarism. Verity, I know your circumstances are dire. I know you have been hurt, been mutilated, but that is no cause to turn your back on the fundamental humanity of people who are just scared kids like you. You have to stop killing, Verity. You have to get them to sit down and wait, or, better, to all opt out together. You have to—are you listening to me, you worthless murdering piece of psychopathic shit? Can you get it through your goddamn head that there's more at stake than the life of some killer? You're beyond forgiveness. You didn't need to hurt anyone, but you did, because you liked it, because you're just like—
Wham Yubeesling

“Stop acting as if you know fucking anything about me-”
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"—so many others, heading into Endgame beat to shit, tail between your legs, but what they don't have on their side that you do is true expertise. Lemme tell ya, when I was first starting out online, some people made fun of my handle, said I was a tryhard for putting 'WIN' in there, but how many people who said that have ever sat in this chair and talked in this mic? Yeah, that's right, none. Nobody, nada. The others here, they don't know anything, advertisers and celebrities and not a bit of insider perspective between 'em. So while all these people are prattling on about themselves, you can tune right on out, and only pay attention to the one voice that matters:
Wham Yubeesling

“As if I can fucking change any of this-”
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"Mine. You don't need to know who I am, Verity. Nobody did. All you need to do is obey. Rise up. Find your moment.

"When it comes, strike with no hesitation and no regrets. Strike with—"

Return to “Cruise Ship: Deck”