A Sky Full Of Stars

Open (what else?)

While there is little to recommend the area from a tactical standpoint, this modest shrine is the only man-made landmark on the northwestern side of the island, and its bright colors make it stand out amid the sea of foliage. Located between a hill and an area of jagged, exposed rocks, it may serve as a better meeting point than a place to linger for long.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

Sticks

Post by Sticks »

"Yes."

That was the simple answer. She could leave, go, and do whatever, but she could say yes for now. And that was something.

"Let's all go in different directions?"
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Unintentionally, her words were cutting.

''How will we find each other again? Isn't it safer to be in a group?''

It was not a question, but a challenge, maybe even a veiled insult hiding under real concern.

She was so tired of their naiveness, their false cheer. The optimism that they tried to pump artificially in their veins.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

While she was glad that Satomi got on board, hearing Haruka's doubts made Noriko gulp. It were thoughts she had as well, even if she wouldn't admit it.

This needed to work. Noriko had to do something. Not for others, but for herself. To show that the earlier incident had been just a very unfortunate mishap. To prove that she was still a good person.

For that reason, she opened her duffel bag and pulled out the map. Under the light of the pale moon, it was half-way readable. A quick look told her everything she needed to know.

"As I said, we can use this shrine as a meeting spot to renite easily. It is marked on our maps at..." She double-checked. "C4.

"And I understand that staying together would be safer. But it would also mean finding less people. Plus it could scare others to see larger groups. We have to take some risks to be effective. If we do nothing, we won't achieve anything.

"We need to have faith. Especially here. Especially now. We 've got to have faith. Faith in one another's intentions. In our ability to see this through... no matter what."

This time, she managed to sound genuine.
[+] Disclaimer
The last lines of dialogue were taken from chapter 13 of the manga.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Sticks

Post by Sticks »

Well, at least someone said it before she did. The other shoe was always about to drop, and there it did, a big plop to the hopes of Noriko.

Faith was always good, Satomi supposed, because believing in something seemed like better motivation than pure nihilism, but that wasn't exactly saying much. Something was better than nothing. 1 was more than 0. All true, but not exactly worth anything either way.

"Faith, I can see that."

She'd need to have some sort of faith in her ability to survive this. If that meant cutting and running, that could work, but again, that meant her, here, without anything other than a fork for defence. Still, maybe this wouldn't work out.

With a nod and a wave, Satomi set off.

((Satomi Noda, continued elsewhere))
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

What faith? Lol.

''If you say so,'' Haruka replied, and then fantasized about waking up from this nightmare.

''Where should we go, then?''
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Noriko waved Satomi as the other girl made her exit. "Good luck!"

Haruka on the other hand didn't sound like the most convinced person in the world, but at least she had made up her mind about helping.

"With Satomi leaving towards the middle of the island, I would say one of us goes along the island's edge clockwise and the other one goes counter-clockwise. This way, we would cover all directions.

"I am fine with either direction, so you can chose which way to go."

The offer was meant as a sign of goodwill, but some part of Noriko's mind tried to interpret it as "Pick your direction and I will go the opposite way". She did her best to ignored that.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"Uh, I dunno. To the right, maybe?"
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

"...

"Sounds good."

Noriko needed a moment to process which direction "the right" was from Haruka's point of view. When she got it, she scrambled to put away her map again.

"So I will go counter-clockwise."

A useless remark, meant to only fill the void.

"See you in the morning."

She felt the need to say more.

"Be careful."

Nothing seemed like the right final words.

"Good luck."

In the end, Noriko left the shrine and Haruka behind, resisting the urge to look back.

Despite the plan she had proposed, she was not sure if she would ever return.

((Noriko Nakagawa continued in Missing Out))
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2