What Remains of Cyrus Vähi

Day 2. Private For Now, Probably?

A large, flat portion of sandy desert terrain north of The Compound and the old road leading to it. The Flatlands are covered in densely packed, low-lying brush and patches of grass, giving anyone within it plenty of places to hide, but very little cover from attack.

THREAD LIMIT: 3

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Yeah, I should be all charred up with Moose right?" What sympathy he felt was gone at this point. Kaine knew what he did. He wasn't gonna play all innocent in front of his friends. If Crispy had to out his ass as a snitch in front of them, so be it.

"Where's Mercy? Where's Lincoln?" He stared through Kaine with the eye he had.

"I ain't give a fuck about you, but I know you know where at least one of 'em is."
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine stared right at Crispin. He still felt bad about what had happened. He knew that Moose had been a bully and a bit of an idiot, but he hadn't deserved to die at the hands of Lincoln's sister. But there was no in hell he was gonna be a rat. He didn't even know where Mercedes was. He didn't know where Lincoln had gone.

"You really think I wanted you and Moose to die...?"

He shook his head, taking a few steps forward and he was now feeling a wave of bitterness.

"You're delusional...."

He let out a sharp noise. He wasn't going to mess around with Crispin. He wanted him to go away.

"I'm not gonna tell you anything. You think I would rat out my friends...."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Kaine. I'm not asking."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"And I'm telling you to leave."

There was a slight dark glint in Kaine's eye.

"Now."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy's head tilted. The corner of his lips pulled up, almost smirking as if to dare Kaine to fight back. Crispin rolled his wrist in his hand, before cracking his knuckles, barbed wire gloves brandished openly. The whites underneath his eye were fully visible.

"Look, I get you got a fucking deathwish, but the only motherfucker I'm planning on wasting here is Mercy. Whatever happens here, you'll walk away with your buddies here, alive. But you are gonna tell me what I want to hear before I leave, either now, or after I'm done."

He pointed at Kaine.

"You don't need your teeth to speak, bitch. I'll still understand you just fine, so I'd be-fucking-hoove your stupid ass to talk while you still got 'em."
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

Did he follow Mattie or did he go with Toma?

Dammit. Andrew didn’t know what to do, only that neither option seemed all that great and neither did leaving by himself. Whichever one he followed, he didn’t seem like either of them would want to keep trying their plan with the signal now that Cecilia had turned out to be lying, which would have been a mistake in his opinion; even if they didn’t have someone who could talk to radios, and to be fair he had been expecting that to be a lie from the start, the S.O.S. was still the best chance they had of getting out of this without having to kill people.

The only chance really, since Andrew didn’t have any other ideas.

Andrew decided to follow Toma. He wasn’t even sure why; he’d known Mattie longer, even if only by a couple of hours, and he hadn’t tried to kill anyone as far as he knew. Toma had gone back towards their camp though, back towards their sign, and that was as good a reason as any to go that direction.

By the time he had caught up, he was just in time to stumble onto another scene of violence, or at least imminent violence; the trio of people had that energy to them, even before he was close enough to hear what was being said. If there was a time to run, it was now; before any of the three saw him and he got dragged into this. Andrew continued forward though, walking closer until there was no chance that they hadn’t spotted him. Close enough that they could hear him speak even if his voice was quiet.

“Hey, uh… I don’t know what this is about, but maybe we should all, like, tone it down a bit?”

Close enough that when he stopped supressing his Gift, they were all caught in the effect. Hopefully not being able to yell at each other for a minute would help them to calm down, regain some perspective, then he could try to get them to de-escalate this situation before something bad happened.
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

The short happiness with Kaine was too short, way too short for Toma's liking. Pouting, he was forced to pull away from him but it wasn’t long before his sadness was turned into shock.

Toma knew his boyfriend was able to defend himself, but at some point, enough was enough. Judging by Crispin’s shocking appearance, he had obviously been through a lot, but couldn’t they be a bit more rational about this? Either way, he wasn’t going to let him insult Kaine.

“Uhm??? You’ve got a lot to say for a little rodent—”

And he was going to say a lot more too but then, suddenly,

silence.

When Toma wished for Crispin to shut his mouth, he didn’t know it was going to come true. Usually, he’d be very happy about his request being heard, but it started to feel very wrong to him.

Toma's mouth moved, but no sound came out, none that he could hear anyway.

One would be able to recognize it as confused, then angry shouting.
[+] Supers
Toma Jeung is snoozing in the sun forever
[+] Intl
ImageHarun Tee will yeet you ten feet into the air
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine didn't know why. But he felt like he needed to protect Mercy from Crispin's vengeance somehow. He didn't think that it was really for her. He felt like he wanted to do it for Lincoln. Even if she was a murderer, his over-protectiveness and loyalty had sunk in quickly. If it had been Sherrie or Vinnie that Crispin wanted to hurt, he would-

He heard Toma talking behind him and then his voice got cut off. It make Kaine frown in confusion and he moved his head slightly to see Toma out of the corner of his eye. He was even more confused to see that Toma hadn't got knocked out or anything to suddenly not speak and he noticed that Toma was still trying to talk. But no sound was coming out of his mouth. Kaine tried to say "What?" but he realized that his voice was gone as well.

What the hell is going on?

He turned his attention back towards Crispin and he noticed that he couldn't get any words out of his trap either. Heh. Good.. Kaine wouldn't have to listen to his voice now. He just still needed a way to make the squirrel boy leave them alone. He knew that he was about to make a risk, but he had to go for it.

He stepped even closer to Crispin and he gave him a shove that wasn't too aggressive and more like a gentle push. To make the other boy move on.

He hated conflict with a passion honestly.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Did... Did I go deaf? All of a sudden, things went from loud to...Nothing. Crispy couldn't hear damn nothing. "Sumbitch..." His lips made, though no sounds came out. Crispy looked around, and Toma was trying to say shit, nothing coming out of him. Kaine looked confused too. This was someone's power wasn't it.

What, they thought coz he ain't hear nothin' that he's just gonna give up like that? He looked over at Andrew, the only other person near by. He mouthed out "What the fuck? Turn it off!" Before a sudden shove sent Crispy stumbling back.

Stonefaced, he looked back at Kaine, who looked too pleased with himself for that. Did he think this was a joke? Crispy sighed, unheard. People ain't ever gonna make it easy are they? So much for trying, right? He kept holding his punches and for what? People to think he's weak? Man fuck this, time for a show of force. Invisibitch didn't want to play nice, then Invisibitch was gonna become a bitch rocket.

Crispin jumped in the air, and brought his legs to his chest. He kicked out into Kaine's and sent him flying backwards through the air like a garry's mod ragdoll.

Crispy landed in a squat, before standing up. He slapped the heels of his shoes with each hand, before slapping himself in the chest. Sure he couldn't say nothing anyone would hear, but everyone understood the preparatory redneck trial by combat dance. Maybe now they'll get he's fucking serious.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine had been standing on the spot for a few seconds and then he suddenly wasn't....

Something felt like it had broke when Crispin had kicked him like a motherfucker-

His helpless body slammed right into Toma.

He couldn't breathe....

He could taste something in his mouth....

His breathing was a struggle....

He felt his vision fading and blinking back in again....

He could barely see Crispin...

He opened his mouth...

Something dripped out of his mouth and it went down his chin at a slow pace....

Blood...
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Toma saw red, literally and figuratively.

Once Kaine crashed into him with his back, he looked over his shoulder, turned him around, and clutched his face. When before enough was enough, this was it for real.

He brushed both of his thumbs against Kaine's chin and bottom lip quickly to wipe the blood away while shooting a glance at Andrew, then his now newly sworn enemy. Toma's mouth was moving the whole time, jumping between throwing insults towards the squirrel, concern towards Kaine, confusion towards Andrew.

In the end it was just a matter of seconds before he lunged straight at Crispin.
[+] Supers
Toma Jeung is snoozing in the sun forever
[+] Intl
ImageHarun Tee will yeet you ten feet into the air
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Alright, now hopefully they got the message. Give Kaine an ounce of the pain he felt, and maybe, just maybe, they'd all see things Crispy's way. Maybe they'd seen that before he held back, and that even now he was still holding back, and if he had wanted to hurt someone seriously, he'd have already done it. Could've aimed anywhere else, coulda shattered Kaine's knees, coulda pulled a Noah on him and tried to kick him in the sky vertically instead of horizontally if he really wanted to bring the pain, hell he coulda kicked him in the head and stretched his neck, but he didn't. Kaine would hurt, but he'd live.

'Gonna tell me yet?' His lips moved, though no sound still came out. He stood there as Toma cradled Kaine, and felt a shiver go down his back through his tail. No, this would be too easy, he had a gut feeling shit just got worse. His tail twitched when Toma turned around, and-

'Woah woah woah woah, stop stop stop!' Crispy voicelessly exclaimed as Toma charged him. He backpedaled on his feet, then juked to the left. Everything here added up to one shit situation after another. Kaine don't know his place, tiger boy's trying to kill his squirrely ass, and dickhead over there wants to press the mute button, so even if anyone could speak, Crispy wouldn't be able to hear it anyways.

'Goddamnit, fuck off buttmunch!'
Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

Wait, shit; this wasn’t supposed to go this way.

Andrew knew silencing them all wouldn’t solve the situation, he knew it would probably make them angrier at first, but he figured after they realised they couldn’t speak that they’d, I don’t know… just wait? He could keep it up until they looked a little less angry and then let them talk it out. They weren’t supposed to lash out at each other.

Of course they would though. Of course they fucking would. Toma tried to stab Cecilia with a pair of scissors yesterday, people had probably gotten themselves killed. Of course just putting people in time out wouldn’t fix anything. They were all on edge.

He supressed his power, sound coming back in a rush just in time to hear the aggressor yelling profanities at Toma as the latter rushed towards him. Andrew moved forward at the same time, looking to put himself between the two physically and hopefully that would slow this situation down a little. Would Toma attack him for interfering? He didn’t know. Would the other boy attack him? Dammit, he didn’t know, but they were definitely willing to attack each other and maybe if Andrew kept them away from each other things could still end peacefully.

“Hey, hey, I’m sorry that was a stupid idea.” Toma was already on the move, so he rushed towards the other guy instead, the kicker. If he could just put himself in front of him, then Toma might stop. Or just tackle him instead, but that at least wasn’t escalating anything. “Let’s just tal-“
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Toma wasn't gonna give up. He was out for blood. Of course, everyone is. If any of Crispy's friends died, oh he should get over it, who gives a fuck if you're fuckin' deformed. That's life. Don't stoop to their level nooo~ You're better than that! Some little bitch gets a scratch in a fight they start? Oh I'm gonna immolate you, or I'm going to rip your head off. Like- Crispy was supposed to act like, his life meant less than these fucking shitters. Like, he was the bad guy. How dare he defend himself, how DARE he not just-

The other shitter was running to get involved too after muting them all. Probably gonna help jump his ass. Probably hold him down and let Toma torture him. Have Kaine join in. Claw him. Kick him to death. Laugh about it. Some little pussy ass bitches hiding in the compound were gonna hear the announcements tomorrow and like cry about losing a friend oh so close to them, then seconds later hear that he died and then be like 'oh he had it coming'. Alan's gonna be like 'told you so' or some shit, hiding behind someone else he's gonna abandon.

Yeah, it was his fault. Yeah, he was the bad guy. The fact that he was still here was a wrong these bitches wanted to right. Yeah, just give up and die. Fuck Moose, and fuck you. You deserved it. Don't fight back. You're the bad guy.

You're right, I am.

And I'm tired of pretending I'm not. Crispin was gonna kill Mercy if it was the last thing he did, for him, for Moose. And if these punk ass bitches wanted to join her, then so be it. Crispy turned his attention to Andrew. He jumped in the air, brought his fist up, and went to give him a face full of barbed wire. He felt a connect, and yelled out ''Fuck outta my way!'' The sound returned, and it just felt so good to say it.

If he was smart he'd stay the fuck down.

Return to “The Flatlands (Danger Zone)”