Tinnitus

Private

The banquet hall of the cruise ship is a grand room with rows of tables and chairs laid out for fine dining. The linens are spotless, each place set according to etiquette manuals with silverware and china plates (though these are not so expensive as they seem at a glance) and chandeliers hang from the ceiling, providing illumination to the chamber. Off to one side is a serving station, though sharp knives and the fuel for the Bunsen burners has been removed. Opposite this is a small stage, with music stands and seats, though the only instrument present is a piano. The banquet hall opens to the deck and pool, and also connects to the corridors.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

SLAM

((Kaya Robinson continued from Bombs in the Void))

Kaya crashed through the door like a grenade through a window, the impact catching her inertia and slowing her enough to skid to a halt.

She ducked behind the door, jumping back a few feet away from the entrance.

Then she looked over her shoulder at Chris and Mary, hidden behind the counter basically right in front of her, right across from the door she’d burst through moments ago.

Her eyes went wide.

“Anthony, Ashanti, incoming, guns, sorry, run,” she said in one breath. She paused, breathed in twice as hard as she could, and kept running. Finger on the trigger, breath heavy in her chest, she burst into the next room.

“Oh.”

She said as she burst out through the door to find herself facing across from Mandy, Fisk, Ivan, and Olivia on the ground.

She stumbled back away from the door and raised her gun, teeth gritted.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Ashanti Baker continued from Bombs in the Void))

Ashanti had gotten her momentum going before realizing exactly where she was. That corridor lead to a door. That door lead to another door labeled "employees only". That labeled door lead to linoleum floor. That door lead to the branching of her time on the boat with Matias. She'd seen it all go by, like she was in the midst of a music video from thirty years ago. The door swang open briefly, and she saw ruin. Marks on the walls. Mould in the carpet. People in the room. The last part was the important part, because her heels calcified the moment she saw them.

She halted briefly at the doorway, completely unaware of who could see her. Then, without stopping to think, she flung her arm outwards in an attempt to catch the hatless Englishman barreling beside her, before propelling herself backwards, away from the door.

The two fell to the ground, Ashanti hard on her shoulder. She wasn't used to pain, but she'd done so much gassing of herself up as someone who needed to not respond to any pain, ever, at all. She curled her lips around her teeth and held closed, taking deep breaths through her nostrils, from both exhaustion and just the desire to stay true. She placed her hands on the ground to pull herself to her knees. She looked over at Anthony, before holding up four fingers, knuckles facing him.

She took stock of herself. Bag still here, gun still here, everything still at arm's length. She could hear music; she didn't know what that was about. She scanned the room - Anthony was there. She looked around at the rest of what she could see.

Ashanti saw two of her castmates from Little Shop of Horrors, hiding in the kitchen, and locked eyes with the one she'd known the longest.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

((Anthony Golden continued from Bombs in the Void))

He followed Ashanti past the door, through the disused-looking corridor and into the doorway of the kitchen area.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly until Ashanti halted, threw out her arm and then threw herself back like she'd just been kicked in the stomach. He didn't get why; had she seen someone who wasn't Kaya, or, like, was there an ambush set up or something? Lying here on the ground, having landed hard on his back, it seemed to him that Kaya could just walk up and shoot them both dead easy. There was a pain in his side, and he could feel a warmth seeping through his shirt; the gunshot had started bleeding again, for fuck's sake. The backpack had taken most of the fall, but it still kinda hurt. Patting his butt, his sidearm was still in place. Good.

"What's going-" Anthony whispered, before she held up four fingers and he nodded in reply. People were here, and presumably there was more than Kaya. Had they stumbled upon something, or what, had Kaya hooked up with Fisk and whatever the fuck he was doing now? There was something pumping in from the main hall - that was music, what the fuck? Nodding, Anthony pushed himself up to his feet with a grunt, gripping his rifle tightly, only to see what Ashanti had seen; Fisk, Olivia, Ivan and Kaya all looking at each other, holding guns.

Right, it had been a good call to knock him down. Anthony bended his knees, crouching down, only to see what Ashanti now saw; Mary and Chris huddled behind the counter, looking back at them. Chris had a gun. In lieu of doing anything else; shooting them, running away, shooting Kaya and Fisk and Ivan and Olivia, Anthony's overloaded brain decided that the best course of action was to wave at them. It was stupid, but shooting might start a fight and then the horde outside on them would come down like a mountain.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“You know what? I take it back Olivia, I AM going to torture you when I kill you.” He cocked his head towards her direction. “And you too Emmy, don’t think you’re safe either, I’ll torture Olivia to make up for not being able to reach you, so I’d keep my mouth shut if I were you, unless you want to see a repeat performance…”

Fisk looked back at Ivan, shaking his head in a ‘can you believe this?’ motion. “Ungrateful people… You promise to kill someone quickly; as a kindness, and they still keep throwing the insults like they’re in control! Incredible right?”

“Hey you know all about that, what gives? You all masochists or some-“

Door slammed. Some girl in a long coat Fisk didn’t recognize. His lips pursed, unimpressed.

“Ivan buddy, first you hide something behind your back like you’re John Mclane, and then you invite friends to our private party…”

“… Simple clear concise instructions…” He said, disappointed.

“Mandy; any of our guests move, you blow off one of Olivia’s feet. Maybe they’ll get the hint before we make a nugget out of her.”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

"Got it," Mandy called. Then, to emphasize that she was serious here, she pulled her right leg back and kicked Olivia in the rough vicinity of the shin.

It wasn't that hard a kick, certainly nothing on what Amy had dished out days ago (and, hey, there Amy was, huh? Just another face among the piles in this room. Mandy felt kind of bad about that one, since she hadn't even had any malicious intent towards the girl). With the ragged condition of Mandy's boots, she may well have come out of the kick worse than Olivia did, but that wasn't what was important. This was about communicating something, and about getting taken seriously.

Mandy didn't really intend to blow Olivia's foot off, of course. That was a Fisk thing, and it was a step too far. If it came to that, Mandy intended to accidentally shoot Olivia in the chest or head, somewhere where it would all be over quick, if messily. That she hadn't already done so, and that she hadn't opened up on Ivan, was partially because she was still more than a little uncomfortable with the idea of pulling the trigger herself, but also partially a Fisk thing. Fisk knew what he was doing. If he wanted to do this a specific way, Mandy could do that, just as long as she wasn't having to personally participate in the crueler bits.

She was pretty mad, though, that was for sure. Incredulous, too. She was dressed as a panda, but still was only the second dumbest look in this room, and it turned out she was far from the bottom of actual smarts, as well. When Olivia had mouthed off about what Fisk said, talking about how he'd turn on her at the end, it had taken a lot for Mandy not to do more than just wiggle her arm, drawing emphasis to the bandanna there that was, well, blue. Just like Fisk's. Just like Verity's. Yeah, Fisk's original plan might not have had much chance in the end. Yeah, Mandy might not be his best friend in the world. But they had an understanding, and mutual respect, and an actual practical goal and route to get there, so what was a girl who thought it was a bright idea to run around without pants and then got tied up doing insinuating Mandy was the stupid one?

But what was a lot more important was the other people. Ivan was scary, dangerous, and Mandy kept glancing from Olivia to him and back, remembering what it was like running away, the crush of the mattress slamming her into the bookcase, how she'd almost fallen. Kaya was a wildcard, unpredictable, but she'd killed Amy. That had stuck out. She looked different from at school, like she'd stepped into this place and found her fit. This was too many variables all at once. It would be better if they had more going for them, if Verity was here.

"So nobody move," Mandy added a couple moments later, redundantly, "okay?"
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

Fisk spoke towards him and Ivan was already frozen, looking at Kaya, then looking towards the door she'd burst through. With a grimace, he looked at Mandy, Fisk, Olivia.

Then he dropped prone, rolling behind a table. He flexed his arms forwards, the sweater tearing easily around the shotgun, gripping it and pulling it forwards into a firing position.
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Threats don't work when you just said you'd do it anyway."
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Dumbass."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Simple fucking instructions…” Fisk reiterated.

He began to backpedal to Mandy and Olivia, chicken winging his gun underneath his arm, pointing the barrel between Ivan’s cover, and Kaya.

“Okay then, okay. Not taking me seriously, that’s fine, someone else will suffer it, you already know…” With his free hand he pulled out the filleting knife he used on Gregory.

“Hey Emmy, since you wanna open your fat fffucking mouth, you get to pick the first piece I cut off of ‘Liv here!” He laughed, brandishing the blade.

He trusted Mandy to cover him.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

It seemingly took a moment for Kaya to process the scene; Ivan and Fisk facing off, Fisk talking and barking orders, Ivan retorting, the two girls on the far end of the room. She looked between Ivan and Olivia, Fisk and Mandy. She looked over her shoulder.

As soon as Ivan dove behind cover, Kaya mirrored the movement, lunging towards the north corner of the room at her left shoulder. She dashed past Amy's corpse and some others and behind the table Amy had used for cover when Kaya had last been here. She ducked down in the corner, the table angled between the door she came from the the center of the room. Kaya closed her eyes, breathed deeply, and muttered something under her breath.

"Emmy?" she said more loudly after a moment. Kaya's eyebrows knitted, her mouth opened, and she glanced upwards. She peeked back up, over her cover, towards Fisk. Then towards Olivia. She frowned for a few moments as Fisk kept talking.

Kaya rose up from the cover, leveled the rifle across the room, and took two shots, eyes focused on Fisk as he walked towards Olivia. Then she ducked back down, breathing hard and fast.
The Honeless Beard

Post by The Honeless Beard »

Meanwhile, Ivan fired once towards Mandy, intending to send her away from Olivia.

"LIV! ROLL!" he barked, firing the second shot high, over her head.
carduinal-cyn

Post by carduinal-cyn »

She rolled.

Only a few inches from freedom.
Olivia del Rio [ES11] is shooting her shot!
Olivia's Relationship Thread
TV3: 123456789101112Endgame (1234)
[+] Upcoming characters
There doesn't seem to be anything here.
[+] Past characters
Raymond LaSalle [S025] was squirreled away to his doom.
Raymond's Relationship Thread
Supers: 1234567

Sho Tsukioka [B14] gave love a bad name.
Battle Royale: 123456
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Mary’s hand frantically continued to gesture for Chris to stay down. Thankfully, he backed away from the door and joined her.

She laughed under her breath as she clutched the oar closer to her.

It was funny. They weren’t aching for supplies or anything, so maybe they were just bored. Maybe it was something to do, something to keep your mind from wandering. Food was pointless, wasn’t it? Like, they were pretty stocked up. And like… and like…

A second later, the other door opened, and Mary flinched, scrambling back against the counter and holding her oar out like a shield.

That was Kaya, and she had no idea what she was trying to say. She was out of breath, and the only word Mary got out of that was ‘guns’. Then, she ran out into the hall, before her or Chris could say anything.

Mary looked to Chris for a second, before a door burst open. And that was Ashanti and Anthony, who spotted them just as quickly.

“Great,” she mouthed.

Not only did she had to deal with fundie grossness again, but he had a friend, and it was Ashanti. Another nervous laugh under her breath.

Her heart pounded. A tremble crawled up and down her body.

Mary looked between Chris, the door to the hall, and then Anthony and Ashanti. Do they risk running for it and potentially dealing with the Purge cult? Do they risk dealing with these two? What was a better option?
CYBERS:
HARERAISER (Winter Castillo)
The synthwave bunnygirl programmer roller weeb!
Currently: Confused? Horrified?

SECOND CHANCES
Junko Kurosawa
Think Johnny Knoxville but a teenage girl.
Currently: Ridng a shopping cart (in-between threads)

Bella Bianchi
Ballet dancer with pressure.
Currently: In the student lounge
(Meanwhile in the past...)
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Just as Chris was forming a plan in his mind, the door behind him was thrown open, jumpscaring him out of his thoughts. He made a half-turn to see Kaya darting across the room, shouting something at them and running straight into the chaos of the banquet hall.

And right after her came Anthony and Ashanti.

Anthony Fucking Golden.

The jerk who had played the big SOTF-hater at school. And now that he was on the show, there had barely been an announcement without his name on it. What a pathetic hypocrite.

A pathetic hypocrite who was now waving at them for whatever reason.

And for whatever reason, Chris decided to raise his left arm which wasn't holding his gun and wave back.

Gunshots reverberated through from the hall into the kitchen. Things were looking grimer by the second.

"After you," Chris offered, pointing at the door.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Mandy ducked well before the first blast came her way, mostly in sympathy to Fisk's position in the line of fire. When Ivan did pop out, she was already lunging to the side, and the shot passed harmlessly by to tear streaks into the wall.

What she was not doing was paying attention to Olivia. By the time Mandy glanced at the girl, she was rolling away in the opposite direction, but in the grand scheme of things that really did not matter much at all. Olivia was tied up, and everyone else was shooting, so when Mandy directed her fire, it was towards the ones who could pose a threat.

She'd never fired Seo-yun's shotgun before, and the first attempt, vaguely in Ivan's direction, sent her stumbling, the gun nearly tearing itself out of her arms and the damage concentrated about ten feet above the floor. But Mandy clung to the weapon and snapped another shot off, more towards where Kaya had been. She didn't have a visual on either of them, but for the second shot she aimed more consciously at one of the overturned tables; her aim was wide even of that target but the spray did shave off a chunk from the side, sending the furniture spinning.

Wrong one. No Kaya.

Mandy dropped into a kneel of her own, taking vague shelter behind several overturned chairs, and pumped the shotgun clumsily.

"What now?" she yelled, not even sure if Fisk would hear her.

Return to “Cruise Ship: Banquet Hall”