If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it

Open, shortly after Fourth Announcement (Content Warning: Eye Trauma/Damage)

The banquet hall of the cruise ship is a grand room with rows of tables and chairs laid out for fine dining. The linens are spotless, each place set according to etiquette manuals with silverware and china plates (though these are not so expensive as they seem at a glance) and chandeliers hang from the ceiling, providing illumination to the chamber. Off to one side is a serving station, though sharp knives and the fuel for the Bunsen burners has been removed. Opposite this is a small stage, with music stands and seats, though the only instrument present is a piano. The banquet hall opens to the deck and pool, and also connects to the corridors.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Yeah Matias wasn't returning her staff.

Like, come on, the only other weapon he had was that fucking glove-gun and, one, he never wanted to see it again, much less use it, and two, it could only fit one bullet, was only good for use if you got real up close and personal with someone. And, finally, most importantly, why would he return a giant crab leg? It was fucking awesome, a real steal. Finders keepers, losers weepers, sorry to be you.

But anyways yeah the room exploded and suddenly nothing else mattered.

A bullet ripped past him, some way too close distance to his left. Bunch of people hit the floor, himself included. Some girl popped out across the room, shot at the ceiling, and immediately lost her gun, literally had it jump out her hand like some dumb bitch, in fact that's what he shouted while cackling, "DUMB BITCH," and he realized after the fact that, out of context, that could've been misconstrued as being aimed at anyone in the room, woops, sorry. But yeah it was funny, one moment it was some mindfuckingly boring meet-cute, the next his life was in the most danger it had ever been. Which said a lot considering he'd killed already. Whichever forces orchestrated this had a real, real fucked-up sense of humor, and some part of him liked that.

The other parts of him scurried on the floor, crouched low, hurrying towards his teammate, the one currently being crushed by the giant metal husk that she'd carried her entire time on this show.

The giant metal husk filled with gallons of jet fuel.

Explosions were fun and all, he too was a big fan of action movies, the Fourth of July and New Year's, but not when he was at risk of being in them.

He got to behind the table Ashanti had pulled down, cool strats, legit, would have to compliment her on that when they got out of here, and then with all his strength he could summon in his wiry body, he got to helping her push the jetpack off.
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Shoshanna waited to hear if anyone had anything to use to cut wire. She wasn't expecting anyone to actually have anything for her to use, but it would be nice to know if someone had a knife or pliers or something.

Someone did say she had something. Shoshanna turned to see who it was who was talking. Unfortunately, it was a pissed off, injured looking Asian girl with a gun.

"Fuck. Seo-yun."

Seo-yun fired. Shoshanna immediately threw herself to the ground, dropping the scissors inside the piano. She quickly threw herself under the piano to get behind it. The piano was lousy cover, but if she made herself smaller, then there was always the chance she could avoid getting hit.

She head another bit of gunfire from another source, although this one looked less successful, hitting a chandelier.

Shoshanna had to quickly scan to room. Matias and Ashanti seemed to have taken cover, while Hannah seemed to be sitting still. She knew from watching past seasons that in situations like this, there was always a chance that at least one person would die. It was five against two, and Seo-yun, compared to her ally, seemed to have her stuff together. Shoshanna tried to look around, trying to see why all the exits were. Nadine had to be outside still. They didn't hear any other gunshots, so she was probably fine for now.

Shoshanna reached to her back pocket and slowly pulled the flare gun out, keeping it behind her. She only had one shot, but it was likely she'd have to use it. After all, nothing could cause people to scatter and forget about killing if the room suddenly caught fire.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Aura

Post by Aura »

Rhonda turned when she heard her name, and the next few moments were a series of flashes as details put themselves together at rapid speed. A girl shouted her name. It was an Asian girl who had a shotgun of her own. Seo-yun Lee. Multiple murderer Seo-yun Lee. And she was pulling the trigger as Rhonda was realizing that everything was once more turning to shit.

With a panicked yelp, Rhonda dove under the piano, grabbing one of the piano legs and using it to pull her further under the instrument and hopefully more protected from Seo-yun's rampage. Gunshots rang through the air, shortly followed by a combination of dainty tinkling and harsh crashes as glass shards of various sizes fell and shattered against the ground. Rhonda's own gun was clutched tightly, but more in the sense of comfort than being ready to battle.

Rhonda could see a little bit of the action from her vantage point under the piano. The rest of the room had scattered into various hiding places, leaving Seo-yun primed to act alongside her friend. There was an area of her mind that was hoping Seo-yun would pursue the others so that she and Shoshanna would get an opening to escape. Was that a dark part of her mind, or her self-preservation instinct going into overdrive? She kept peering at what she could see of the two assailants, waiting with intense fear boiling up as she watched for what move they would make next.

Glancing over, she saw Shoshanna retrieving her flare gun, and it dawned on her that fighting their way out might be their only option. Rhonda didn't want more kills, but she just had to remind herself that it was self-defense. People would understand, especially against someone like Seo-yun who came in guns blazing. She adjusted her grip on her shotgun so that she'd be more ready to shoot if need be, and kept her attention split between Shoshanna and Seo-yun to determine her next move.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Time seemed to stand still. Seo-yun's entrance led to the predictable results; lots of screaming, everyone trying to duck behind whatever happened to be nearby. Maybe she was trying not to care what other people thought of her, but damn it still felt good to be the center of attention.

Unfortunately for her, though, her first shot hadn't been the killing blow that she had wanted. Hardly a good showing given that she now had only exactly enough shells currently loaded to kill everyone who needed it. At least she had some back-up shells tucked away in her pockets if push came to shove, though she hoped she wouldn't need them.

Mandy, meanwhile, had managed once more to disappoint Seo-yun in new and exciting ways, somehow hitting the ground faster than the people who were actually being shot at. No matter, though, she existed solely to be a distraction, and if embarrassing herself on national television was how she thought best to accomplish that, Seo-yun wasn't about to question it.

Oh well though, at least Mandy's incompetence wasn't the only idiocy on display. It seemed that not everyone in this room had the requisite cranial capacity to actually duck and cover. Seo-yun could see Hannah doing her best impression of a deer in headlights, stuck in her seat like an almost literal sitting duck. Was she just that daft, or did she think Seo-yun was a Tyrannosaurus Rex, only able to see via movement? Tsk, that would be deeply insulting if that were the case. Ashanti could wait, Hannah died next.

Racking the shotgun, Seo-yun pointed the barrel at Hannah, and another roar tore through the room.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

The good part about being so far down at the end of the hall was that nobody ran over to kick Mandy in the face or jump on her like a football player or stomp on her fingers. The good part about coordinating her attack with Seo-yun was that all the others had way bigger problems to deal with, because there was someone with a shotgun shooting stuff besides the furnishings.

By now, the roar of Seo-yun's weapon was, while still jarring, somewhat familiar and almost comforting even because it meant that they had the upper hand. The smells of gunsmoke and blood were less positive presences, but the latter odor was old and faint and probably from whatever had happened before, and probably stronger because Mandy's face was smushed into the carpet.

But it wouldn't do to just lie around like a lump. Mandy had messed up with the start of the shooting, but she had time and opportunity to recover. She knew what was happening, and who was on what side (or at least to the only degree that mattered; she and Seo-yun were working together and everyone else was an acceptable target unless they had on a couple specific bandannas or else were someone they were really fond of). So she quickly pushed herself up onto all fours, grabbed the revolver from where it lay beneath her, and then shifted and shuffled around until she was back on her feet.

There was more time to get a look at what was actually happening, but only barely.

The most important detail, which wasn't a visual thing but something Mandy had become aware of on a subconscious level and now transferred to her active awareness, was that nobody was shooting back. Maybe only she and Seo-yun had guns, or maybe the others were disorganized and had their stuff in their bags. Which didn't matter, as long as things stayed like this.

Besides that, there were about half a dozen people down at the other end of the hall, most of them clumped up around and under the piano and a few overturned tables. Mandy couldn't tell if anyone was dead yet. Some were definitely on the floor. She recognized Hannah, sitting very still amidst it all, and thought she maybe could pick out Rhonda under the piano, and they were the two most important targets because they both knew more about fighting than Mandy would ever understand. She didn't see any blue bandannas but couldn't be sure. There wasn't time. Seo-yun was continuing her assault.

Mandy broke into a jog, closing the distance, her movements made more awkward by the gun she held out in front of her preventing her from moving her arms naturally. At least her grip was a lot steadier now that she knew how it would kick.

She pointed it in the vague direction of the huddle by the piano and pulled the trigger, but nothing happened. Mandy slowed slightly, bit her lip, then remembered she had to cock the thing. Doing so, she snapped off a hasty shot, and this time she managed not to fumble her weapon.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Eventually, Ashanti freed her prone self from the straps, but then came the problem of getting out from under it. Moving was hard, her head ached, and the girl jumping around with the gun wasn't getting any further away.

Then, Matias. Within seconds, she snaked her way forward, crunching herself into a ball behind the table as she removed herself, finally, freely, from the thing that could have ended her with a clean shot. She should have felt relieved, but instead she remembered neither of them had a gun. They weren't fighting - this wasn't a battlefield, it was a shooting range.

She moved the square top of the table slightly so it blocked off the sight of not-Seo-yun. Ashanti huddled into her cube, looking hurriedly for an exit. Seo-yun had one blocked, other girl had the other, the doorway from whence they came was out in the open, and the door out to the pool was on the other side, but there was nothing in the way to hide behind, just a clean shot of open space with nothing-

Ashanti's eyes widened. She grabbed Matias's arm, checked to see if all their things were on their persons, and then turned around while still holding his arm. Her other hand gripped the thick wooden leg, and began pushing.

The table began sailing with them across the floor, a wooden shield sliding towards the freedom pool.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Matias' eyes widened as he realized what exactly Ashanti was trying to pull. His lips broke into a wide grin. Like, damn. Why didn't Ashanti ever tell him she was this smart? Fuckin' awesome.

He pushed along with her, clearing their way to safety. As they half-crawled, half-ran their way out, he glanced behind him, saw a gun aimed at one of the girls, the Asian girl that wasn't Seo-yun, the nobody, heard a few gunshots-

Fuck. Okay.

His arm still in Ashanti's hand, he pulled the both of them over behind the wall next to the door. Took a quick breath. Swallowed a lump in his throat.

The crab leg wouldn't be safe enough. He slung his bag over to his front, sank his hand to the bottom. Found it immediately, the glove gun. He wore it, took hold of the crab leg, closed his bag. And they set off.

((Matias Juarez continues in Go for Broke))
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

It only occured to Ashanti as her and Matias reached the end of the room that wood was no protection from bullets - the main purpose of these large shields, from her study of world history and even watching past seasons, was that you didn't know where behind the shield the person was. The fact this shield was tiny, and there were two people behind it, meant that any shot going into it would more than likely lodge a bullet in either of them, so when Ashanti made to solid cover she retroactively lost her breath.

Matias had weapons. Ashanti had none. He pulled both of them out. She pulled out nothing.

She looked back into the explosive mess that was the ballroom - the girl who shot at her on one end, the thing throwing her back out of position for several days in the other.

Ashanti turned around to join Matias and-

((Ashanti Baker continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Tapey »

A loud blast echoed across the room, followed by a sharp pain in her left arm.

Hannah managed to dodge the bullet at the last second, but at what cost?

She collapsed on the ground in agony, blood oozing heavily from the hole in her left arm. Everything around her was starting to spin... This was not good...

Was this how Beau felt when he was alone and injured in the Submarine?

The room was nothing but a blurry mess for her at this moment. She wanted to get out of here.

She wanted to get out.

She needed to.

With her remaining strength, she managed to struggle herself out of the nearby exit and escaped towards the corridor. She stumbled aimlessly all over the corridor, her blood now forming a long, zigzag trail on the ground.

((Hannah Choi continued elsewhere....))
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Seo-yun didn't smirk when she saw the spray of blood from Hannah's arm, but she would be lying if she didn't admit to getting some perverse satisfaction from it. A kill is a kill, and it was one more step towards freedom. One more step towards the rest of her life. She'd have all the time in the world to figure everything out then.

Everyone else was running by now, the roar of her gun rightfully filling their hearts with fear. Hannah had managed to duck into a nearby exit, and Matias and Ashanti had booked it out into whatever mess that was currently going down outside around the pool. Perhaps she would join them, in a bit. For now, though, she still had an easy target to go after. Rhonda might be worth less than her weight in dead meat to Seo-yun, but Shoshanna looked like she was perfectly ready for harvesting.

Seo-yun kicked over a nearby table, taking shelter behind it as she racked the gun once more, jamming two shells from her pockets into the magazine. She popped back up, taking aim, and-

Wait, was that a gun?
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Shoshanna quickly looked around the area. Seo-yun was focusing on Hannah while Matias and Ashanti were running out to the pool area. Good for them to get out, especially if they could warn Nadine to stay away. For now, Shoshanna, armed with the flare gun, was trying to ascertain what to do next.

There were more gunshots. One from Mandy, who had fired and hit the piano, dislodging one of the wires and sending it whipping up. Shoshanna ducked to avoid it hitting her face. Now she at least had a way to get the wire out.

There was another gunshot, and Shoshanna saw Hannah hit the ground. Seo-yun was going to kill Hannah, and she and Rhonda were pinned. She needed a way out

"Rhon! Fucking bail!" Shoshanna shouted.

Shoshanna quickly stood up, aimed the flare gun at Mandy, and fired. She saw the hot flare fly out of it and towards the other girl. She wasn't entirely sure what this would do to her, but if she could set the bitch ablaze, then that could give her and Rhonda the chance to get out and maybe take Seo-yun out as well.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

At least the situation became easier to understand as variables removed themselves from play.

Hannah hit the ground, bloody, and Mandy felt sort of bad because Hannah was pretty cool, but also relieved because that was one of the biggest threats out of action, especially since the girl took off right after. Two of the others made a break for it too, sheltering behind a table, and Mandy could've almost laughed at how much like a cartoon it was except there was still so much happening so there was no time. And then it was just her and Seo-yun and Rhonda and one other girl, who Mandy now recognized as Shoshanna—one of her own classmates—and who was pointing a tiny snub-nosed pistol right at her.

It took a split second for Mandy to process that last detail, during which she continued to jog towards the piano where the others were sheltering. Once the peril she was in finally clicked (why was it aimed at her? She wasn't even dangerous compared to Seo-yun), Mandy abruptly tried to course-correct, stumbling as she took a hard left turn and almost crashed into a chair just as Shoshanna fired, the old gun coughing more quietly than the other weapons but still audibly.

Mandy's balance was shaken even further as she felt something impact her backpack, jolting her, but she didn't feel any pain. She must've reacted in time.

Her momentum carried her another three steps, in the space of which she bumped a table and sent a pitcher on it tumbling to the ground on the other side, and then she stopped, her breath heavy, eyes wide as she looked back towards Shoshanna, trying to see if the girl was readying another attack. Mandy pulled the revolver's hammer back again, held it with both hands as she steadied her aim, and then paused for a second, distracted by a bright, flickering light in the corner of her peripheral vision and a sudden sickly smell of char.

The gun lowered as Mandy turned her head, looking over her shoulder, to discover that her backpack was engulfed in flames, which had already spread to the ends of her hair and was making inroads on her tank top.

She screamed, swatted at the fire with her free hand to no avail, tears leaping to her eyes and breathing picking up because this was how she was going to die, burned to death right here and now, but then an old piece of elementary school wisdom came back to her and she barely maintained the presence of mind to drop to the ground, frantically thrashing and rolling around as she shrieked, tangling herself with chairs and tablecloths and trying to wrestle free of the burning pack and quell the flames.
Aura

Post by Aura »

The room felt like a war zone as gunshots and the sounds of frantic footfalls blended together, and Rhonda's vantage point under the piano only gave her a limited angle on what was going on. However, it was more than enough for her to see Hannah hit the ground after taking a bullet, and that was enough to get inside her head. Rhonda knew how much it hurt just to get grazed, but she hadn't taken a direct hit yet, and now she was stuck wondering how agonizing it must be.

She had expected that to be followed by Seo-yun executing the, but Hannah had managed to make her escape, although not without leaving a morbid trail of blood along the ground behind her. Rhonda winced. The wound must have been pretty grievous to make that much of a mess. She put her hand over the bandage at her side. Thankfully, this one hadn't been as moistened as the first had had been, so at least her own injury was healing up.

Shoshanna's voice snapped Rhonda back into the situation as she stood up and aimed her flare gun, commanding Rhonda to move. The wrestler stood up as well after Sho had fired her shot, and she got the chance to see the results as Mandy's back was set aflame. She was slack-jawed by the spectacle, but raised her gun to respond.

But in the moment, she realized something. Mandy was already preoccupied with the flames, while Seo-yun had just popped up from behind her cover, ready to fire. In a snap decision, Rhonda aimed her shotgun in Seo-yun's direction and fired before diving back behind a set of chairs, putting herself just a little closer to the door than she was before and ready to run once she had the chance.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Shoshanna froze for a moment as she saw the flare hit Mandy. The flare managed to set her bag on fire, and that was apparently already spreading. Shoshanna could smell burning hair and listened as the girl screamed and began thrashing around on the floor. However, she snapped back as Rhonda moved. That's when she remembered the plan.

Shoshanna grabbed the loosened piano wire and pulled, snapping it off. She quickly pocketed it and turned to follow Rhonda.

She then saw Rhonda fire her gun in the direction of Seo-yun before ducking behind some chairs.

Shoshanna was not the fastest, most athletic person, but running from the piano, her hope was to at least get to cover with Rhonda, or at least bolt to the exit. With that, Shoshanna ran the fastest she had ever run.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Correction, two guns, one of which set Mandy on fire, and the other that was now staring Seo-yun in the face.

Her legs reacted faster than her mind, throwing her out of the way of the blast as it whizzed past her good ear, her elbows hitting the ground hard before she forced herself back up. Of course the one enemy in the room that happened to have a gun had to be the one team member. That just had to be her luck today, with the first large group she encountered, wasn't it? At least it was keeping with the theme of the last few days being the worst days of her life.

She grit her teeth and took aim once more, keeping her eyes on the prize and ignoring her desire to pump Rhonda full of lead.

With ringing ear and a metal taste in her mouth, she treated the group to another round of thunder.

Return to “Cruise Ship: Banquet Hall”