I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner

Open, late Day 1

The yacht is like a larger, more luxuriant cross-breed of the house boat and the RocketBoat. Sleek and clean on the outside, its interior offers sleeping and dining quarters which rival the elegance of the cruise ship. There are, however, faint signs of conflict in some parts, with scratches in the wood and what looks like bullet holes in the bedroom; this particular yacht was seized from a drug kingpin in a DEA raid and was acquired by the producers following the trial. As this took quite some time, the yacht's amenities are charmingly dated; the stereo system has a state of the art CD/cassette deck, and the decorations have a marked 1995 vibe to them.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Dale moved the pillow off his face and sighed. It would be nice if he could self-smother, but that was unlikely to happen. He could sit in this room listening to Alanis Morisette all he wanted, but that wasn't going to save him, get him home, and give him the fabulous career he wanted. Dale began to smack his palm into his forehead.

"Okay, get the fuck over it," he muttered. "Get the fuck over it."

Dale sat up and rolled off the bed. He looked around the room, noticing one of the windows on the other side that looked over the rest of the yacht. He slowly walked over to it and looked out.

As he did, he noticed there was someone else outside the boat. He wasn't sure if it was Anthony or not.

"Oh, great."

The idea that there could be a second, unknown entity on this boat aside from the Brit definitely annoyed Dale. Was this the person who'd fuck up his sanctuary? People had to be killing already, so was this one of them?

That's when Dale remembered something he could have done this whole time.

Dale tapped his collar.

"Hey, Claudia, who's on this boat right now?" he asked aloud. "Should I be worried? Or do you have any other advice for right now?"
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

A voice speaks from Caleb's collar:

"Hello, Mis- er, Mr. Bloch. This is your mentor speaking."

There is a slightly awkward pause before the voice continues a little more quietly:

"My apologies, but how would you prefer that I address you, for future reference?"
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

There was another person coming. He could see a faint figure making their way to the yacht. In the light of the late afternoon, he could make out that it was a guy; long hair, maybe 5'6 or 5'7. Not somebody that Anthony recognised. But still, they could be just as lethal as anyone else. Who knows what they could have? A gun, a knife, a sword... they didn't seem to be carrying any kind of weapon, though. At least, not openly, but that still was better than nothing, as it meant that they didn't have a big weapon. A pistol at worst, or some shitty dinky prank 'weapon' that the executives had jerked themselves off to, thinking about how funny it was.

But even the shittiest joke weapon could be a weapon in of itself. His beard wasn't going to do anything - what could he do, throw it at someone and hope the red colour distracted them? - but a fork, a butter knife, even a book could kill if you put it in the right place.

However, Anthony grimly thought, moving away from the windows just in case this guy spotted him, he had a little more than a fake beard. He had a pocket full of glass and a thin board with two nails poking out of it. And if this guy decided that now was the time to say, hey, let's rob or attack the British dude, like so many people had - seriously, why were all the people he met either betraying or attacking him, with the exception of Dale? It was genuinely frustrating - all he wanted to do was work with someone and get them both out of here, but was that even possible when he was being attacked by seemingly everyone who wanted to be the one who murdered enough people to get out of here?

He heard the faint creak, nearly disguised by the sound of the waves crashing upon the bastion of safety this boat represented and the faint cry of the seagulls, of a board being stepped up above him. They weren't alone on this boat anymore. And as much as Anthony wanted to try and talk to someone, he had been burnt thrice. Lucia, Vasily, Giselle.

And he wasn't going to get burnt a fourth time.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

"Hwa-"

While Caleb had been told that the mentor could contact him at any time, he wasn't expecting it at that very moment.

He could feel his face flushing red at the question. Had that sort of information been given to the producers? Caleb wasn't sure how that would happened. He would have to figure it all out if he survived. If so, it was an invasion of his privacy that he would need to take care of. The other possibility was that it was just obvious from looking at him now, which would normally make him happy, but it wasn't something he wanted to discuss on national television. His extended family was surely watching and he hadn't talked to them about the transition yet.

He kept silent for a moment. If he just dramatically threw himself overboard he wouldn't have to finish this conversation. The downsides were obvious.

He twirled his ponytail around his right pointer finger. It should help calm him down.

"Well um, mi-miss, if you, you're going to make it everyone's fucking business," he finished petulantly.
backslash

Post by backslash »

There is the sound of a throat being cleared. When the voice speaks again, it sounds a bit frazzled:

"Sorry about that. I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds too much, but I didn't want to assume-"

There is another pause, after which the speaker seems to decide to drop the topic for both their sakes.

"Anyway, how are you holding up so far, Miss Bloch? I would have liked to speak with you earlier but there was an incident that required my attention, and I didn't want to escalate the situation you were in-"

The voice cuts off somewhat abruptly, as though the person speaking had caught themselves rambling.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

There is a brief pause following Dale's question before a voice emits from his collar.

"Honestly dude you should be fine, there's two other people on this boat and they seem like dorks.

"Maybe try and convince one to be your backup until you find someone else on the team."

There's a long pause.

"Also Alanis...good choice."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Well, according to Claudia, it was just Anthony and another dork on the yacht with Dale. Dale moved away from the window just in case the other dude turned and saw him. He could take Claudia at her word, knowing she was the one person involved with this stupid show who wanted him to survive. Of course, she couldn't actually control the new sailor, so that was for Dale to deal with.

"Okay, thanks," Dale said. "And yeah, Alanis was the best choice of what was available. At least, from what I could recognize. I mean, damn, who actually would willingly listen to Michael Bolton's 'Time, Love & Tenderness' here? Or an MC Hammer album without 'U Can't Touch This' on it? What the fuck is 'The Funky Headhunter' supposed to mean anyways?"

Dale rubbed his forehead. There was no time to worry about the musical tastes of whoever the hell used to own this boat. He had a Brit who was probably getting cozy in the bath tub and an unknown entity who he only had mild assurances that he could handle if things got worse.

He probably had the best odds sticking close to the Brit.

"Dammit. This is probably a bad idea," he said, walking over to the dresser, which he began to scoot away from the door.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Internally, he debated for a few moments. Should he stay or should he go? If he stayed there would be trouble, if- no, stop thinking about the bloody song. He had two choice, really Try and run, find somewhere else to go and pray that the dude up above wasn't hunting for other people. The pros of that were he might find more allies if he went somewhere else. But if that guy did decide to kill him, then he couldn't do much in the cramped hallway. It wouldn't take much for him to die. But on the other hand, he was probably safe in here. Stay away from the door and the windows, and nobody could get to him. But on the downside, someone could easily trap him here, wait outside for him to make a break for it and then kill him.

Shit, there wasn't really a good answer, was there? Run and he might die, stay and he might die. He couldn't stay here forever, though. The windows were portholes so he couldn't really get through them, even if he did smash them. The noise would probably alert anyone else to his presence, as well. Anthony was now regretting the situation he had gotten himself into. Like a fish in the barrel.

"Fuck." Breaking the silence, he muttered to himself, looking up at the camera in the room. Who was looking through it right now, he wondered. Who was watching this random kid, one of what, 70, 80, when there were probably much more interesting things happening? Maybe his family, Zach, Clarissa... maybe they'd end up being the ones who watched his death. The mere thought of that, his death being splattered all over the internet, made his mind up for him. He wasn't going to die here. Maybe Dale and him could fend off this attacker.

Getting up from where he had been hiding, he started pushing the bathtub aside.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

The mentor finally understood that moving on was the best choice, thank fuck.

"Oh you know, just staying out of trouble."

It was like a response he'd give his grandparents if they asked what he was doing. In that case it was the more interesting answer, compared to admitting the monotony of school, homework, and extracurriculars. Most weeks and months were pretty much the same if one looked at it through that lens.

Here it was different. Staying out of trouble meant that he wasn't getting in fights or spending time with other people.

He started tapping his fingers against the railing.

"So uh, anything I need to know about?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Dale finally got the dresser out of the path of the door. He looked at the door, then put his hand to his forehead.

"Just get the asshole out of here," he muttered to himself. "Get him out, then lock yourself back inside."

Dale took the bandanna chain off his neck and put it in his hands. He wrapped it, trying to make a loop out of part of the bandannas. This was a piss poor weapon, but all he needed was the chance to wrap it around someone's neck if needed.

"Ok, get this over with, you stupid fuck," he said.

He turned the door knob and opened it. He stepped out and saw the living room with the stupid bathtub in the middle of it. He could see a blond boy there. That had to be Anthony.

"Hey, look, someone else is on the ship," he told Anthony. "Let's deal with this and then go back to our solitude."
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

The bathtub, for all its size, was actually pretty easy to push aside. Perhaps it wasn't the best thing to block a door with, but in fairness it would have given him a moment of warning before the door opened. Uneasily grasping his plank in clammy hands, suddenly aware of just how much noise his footsteps made on the flooring of the yacht, he stepped out of the room which he had been calling home up until a few minutes ago, only to be confronted by Dale stepping out of his room.

Hmm. Dale seemed to have the same idea as he did. And what looked like a bunch of bandanas tied together. Odd choice for a weapon, but Anthony wasn't going to judge. Not everyone had a fancy tommy gun like Fisk.

"Y-yeah. How'd yew wanna do this? Tell 'im to get the fohk off our ship or, uh, a more direct approach?" Anthony's nerves were evident in his voice. Could he do this? Every time he had tried talking to someone with the intentions of peace, something had came up that prevented that. Olivia snatching for the crossbow, Giselle's casual participation in a murder group, Vasily. How many had they killed already?

"If we, uh, take the direct choice," Anthony raised his plank, "I think I should take the lead." He could end up killing this guy. A wooden plank wasn't particularly a deadly weapon, but hit the head in just the right way, and you go down and get a brain clot or something and you don't wake up again. So, no head hits. But even a broken arm or rib could be fatal if left untreated. Infection, a broken rib stabbing a vital organ.

For a second, he was tempted to just run back into his room, close the door and hide. Instead, he took a deep breath, waiting for Dale's reply.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
backslash

Post by backslash »

"As a matter of fact, you aren't alone on this ship. There are two others. You aren't in a bad situation at the moment, but I would suggest finding an exit so that you can take your leave quickly if the need arises."

There is a pause before the voice continues:

"Additionally, I highly recommend staying away from the cruise ship and avoiding anyone who is wearing a mask. Scavenging a weapon or finding one of your teammates would be a good next step after that; you're a tad underequipped at the moment."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Yeah, just find out who it is and tell them to scram," Dale said.

Anthony had offered to take the lead. Considering Dale had rags, that was fine by him. He nodded to Anthony's suggestion.

"Okay. You take the lead. I'll hold back for support."

Dale had no clue if he could actually offer any support. This was his potential first encounter with danger, and it would probably be best to just leave Anthony to deal with the new guy and then bail. Dale could swim well, he could probably make it to a jetty if he jumped off the yacht. After all, this was about survival, and even if his anrrative began with cowardice, some people would probably support that choice.

Dale at least unwrapped the bandanna chain and wrapped it around his hands so he could at least try throwing them around someone's neck and choking them if he got the chance. It was a super small chance, but again, he had to assure Anthony.

"Right. After you then."
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Right. Right. Anthony hadn't envisioned casually threatening someone with a wooden board was one of the things he'd be doing today, but screw it. Screw it. It was for the best, after all. Who knows what this new dude had? A gun, a rocket launcher - did they even let them have explosives after that guy who blew up like ten people with a grenade? He hadn't ever watched it, but he remembered people talking about it in school. Nonetheless, with all the boats, it seemed even more unlikely they would let them have explosives.

"Right." He repeated to himself, his hands clenched around the board as if it was the one thing keeping him from death, which it probably was. His heart was beating like a war drum in his chest, signalling a horde to spring out of a forest with a war cry and set upon somebody. Right. Turning back to Dale with a clearly nervous expression, just to make sure he was following behind him.

And then, he slowly began to climb up the stairs, taking slow, deep breaths to calm himself as he did so. By the time he had ascended onto the deck, he felt much better. The person was facing away from him, seemingly observing the water calmly. They didn't seem like a threat, but Giselle didn't seem like a threat. Neither did Olivia, nor Lucia. Looks were deceiving.

"Hey, uh..." Shit, what did he say? What could he say? 'Hey, name's Anthony, get the fuck out of here'?

Actually, that wasn't a bad idea.

"Hey, mate. I'm, uh. I'm Anthony, and I'm sorry, but you gotta leave. Nothing personal, you get me?" He tapped his board against his palm, trying to create some kind of intimidating aura, which was very difficult when you look like you'd startle at someone sneaking up behind you and yelling boo.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

A little more notice would have been nice. Warning him just a second before someone else walked up behind him did pretty much nothing to help. What was the point of the producers paying those schmucks if they couldn't even get that much right? Maybe he just got the bottom of the barrel. It didn't really matter. There was some asshole with an English accent behind him telling him to go away. Caleb didn't mind that idea for the most part. If he had known there was someone else on board he would never have boarded the vessel.

He kept looking down at the water beneath him. He wondered with how much force he could fling himself into the water.

But Caleb didn't like how this guy spoke to him. He had never even bothered him. He had just walked on the deck and looked out at the ocean. As far as neighbors in this place went, Caleb was the best kind, because he had been satisfied to not bother anyone else.

He let out an exasperated sigh, making sure it was loud enough that anyone else nearby could hear.

"I'm not your mate, govnah," he responded with a terrible impression of an English accent on the last word.

He turned around, flipping his ponytail so the end of it landed on his right collarbone. Then he extended his left arm and smacked his left palm with his fingers from his right hand to imitate Anthony's previous motion with the board.

Caleb rolled his eyes.

Return to “Yacht (Danger Zone)”