A Not So Beautiful Beach

Open to everyone!

This area consists of the beach, the seawater pool, and El Diente.

The seawater swimming pool was built later in the town's life as a seafront amenity for those not engaged in the fishing trade. A large stone construction that captures the seawater as the tide recedes, the pool was initially popular with the locals, although they soon became bored of its cold waters and it rarely saw use except on the hottest days. Eventually the town gave up on maintaining it, and it has become choked with seaweed while thick patches of algae along the stone walkways makes traversing it treacherous if done without care. Despite all of this, the view of the Dragon's Tooth from the end of the pool wall is still one of the most magnificent in town.

A jagged, rocky outcrop is located a hundred yards from shore, dubbed "El Diente" (or "The Dragon's Tooth"), by locals. Historically a popular landmark to test one's swimming prowess by reaching, the rock is large enough for two or three adults to fit comfortably at any given time without getting in each other's space or being too near the edge. The growths of algae along the sides of the rock and the waves which wash over its lower parts at high tide, however, make footing treacherous, and the sharp stone that makes up the steeper protuberances discourages all but the most daring from climbing to the very top. El Diente is also a frequent resting place for ocean birds, and evidence of their habitation may be found in feathers, nests, and prodigious amounts of guano.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kian hadn't thought that Molly's outburst would be like that. But then again, what was he expecting her to do? It was understandable that this was a screwed-up thing for them to be involved in. He wasn't that naïve to believe that no one was going to be panicking and trying to cling to other people. Wanting other people to protect them from harm that comes their way.

If she didn't want him to go- Oh, it seemed that she wanted him to show her where it was. But if he did that, then he would have to turn his back on her and he did not want to risk it. So he had to show her with a cautious eye on her. Just in case.... She was still a blubbering mess and he wasn't sure how to handle her personality.

He turned his body slightly to the right side and he pointed his finger off in the distance. "Well, it should be over there. It shouldn't be that hard to find." He said, looking at her out of the corner of his eye and he felt a need to get himself going. "....Are you going to be alright by yourself, Molly?"
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Molly looked to where Kian pointed, after wiping more boiling tears off her bloodshot eyes. Instead of the calm feeling she wanted to feel and anchor on, she felt even more drops in her stomach. Sure, it wasn't far away, probably, since she could just barely see it off in the difference. But she didn't feel like moving. How could she? She knew it was dangerous to be here, in the open, and just a moment ago, she knew she had to go. But, her body wouldn't let her. Each time she tried to take a step in the direction of Kian's hand, she felt a spike in her heartrate, and looking around in paranoia. She gave up.

She had to be honest with herself, and what she said, was completely, and utterly, honest. Although her pride was preventing herself from saying it, Molly tried her best.

"....No...No, I'm not. I..just need a little more time, and I'll be back to no-normal, but. Yeah. I'm don't...want to be alone right now."

She was going to be fine, she was going to be okay after this brief episode of humility. That was what Molly tried to believe this was. She would be back to the queen bee, once she got some help getting back on her throne.
[+] Characters
SOTF-TV V3: (Relationship Thread Here)

Chris Tyrrell - Currently working at What can I fix you with?

The Program V3:

Lucy Arkwright -- Currently dreaming in Sing Us A Song; You're The Piano Man
Molly McKenzie -- Currently looking death in the eye in The Seagull

The Program V2.5:

Edward Taylor -- Currently rescued in...And An Ending.
[+] Art
I have an art thread! But it's closed until the 15th
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kian noticed that Molly seemed unwilling to leave for the place in question and he knew that it wouldn't be right for him to push her. This was definitely not a normal situation and he was wondering if he could get somewhere that could provide something to use as a weapon. He glanced down at the pink bunny on the soft sand, thinking that he should just leave it there, and he had to possibly leave Molly soon. It wasn't that he didn't want her to come with him, he just felt like it was something that he had to do on his own.

"I don't mind staying with you for a while, Molly." He admitted honestly, feeling that he had no reason to lie to her and he hoped that she would have a clear head soon. "If I find my friend, I will come back."

He didn't say 'I promise' just in case.

Just in case.
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Molly was conflicted, to say it simply. On one side of her brain, she knew she needed Kian, or anyone, and that she needed someone to get her back on her feet. That was perhaps, the most rational option out of the...two options. On the other side of the brain, Molly couldn't trust Kian, and that part of the brain was paranoid that Kian was lying and would....do stuff to her.

The other side of the brain's argument began to fade away once Molly heard Kian's intention. Of course, that might be a lie as well, but someone who, even here, was looking for a friend, seemed rather trustable. And that distrust towards him began to fade, and that part of the brain was soon occupied by the 'trust this random guy!' option.

And also, that faded away distrusting option, while mostly replaced by the trusting option, it also gave way to a...third option. But she wouldn't act on that, surely. She might have gave in to her desperate dependance, but...she wasn't that far gone that she'll go there. She'll would never go there. She relaxed her grip on her sledgehammer.

"O-okay. T-thats f-fine."

What was that magic word? That formerly honey-sweet, saccharine lie that she always used to tell back home?

"T-thank y-you."

Molly's body relaxed, and her body untied itself from its twisted knot of fear. It was so selfish, making someone stay with her when they had things to attend to, and Molly knew that it wasn't going to last long. He'll, or she'll either abandon the other, or...the third option was going to win over. But for now, Molly felt slightly, ever so slightly, more comforted.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"No problem, man."

Kian let out a sigh of relief as Molly was already calming down and he just wanted to make sure that she wouldn't do anything that she would regret. Faith had made so many mistakes in the past and he would always have to cover for her, take the blame, get into trouble with their parents. But murder was not one of them. He was more scared by the thought that his sister would have possibly enjoyed killing people here. Sadly, he knew she would be more realistic about this in a chaotic way.

"Molly, I haven't asked you yet, but...." He was glancing at her with a serious look in his eye. "Is there anyone that you want to look for? Your friends? If so, I will tell them where you are if I happen to run into them."

As long as they don't try to kill me.
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Molly didn't really hear Kian replying to her. She was just so tired. Nervous energy and endless trains of thoughts can tire someone out, apparently. She had an intense swimming training session yesterday, so she was even more tired then normal, combined with the gas from earlier. So on this day, it just so happened that Molly hasn't in her normal state. Just her luck karma.

Talking about swimming....they were on a beach, weren't they? Molly looked over to the...not so beautiful sea, and thought about something, for just a moment, a brief relapse of irrationality. Could...she swim out of here? After all, Molly did used to like swimming by the beach, and she was a good swimmer. She could just swim out of here, right? Leave this....battlezone? Go to somewhere free?

No. She couldn't. She was just as grounded here as someone who sunk in the water. After all, this wasn't a swimming pool, where you could scream for help if you were drowning and someone would get you out. It was just the sea, the sharks, and the sky. No one would help if someone drowned. And for some reason, a part of Molly wanted her to try. And sink to the bottom of the sea, never to be seen again.

The tears had started up again. There...wasn't a way to escape, isn't there?

Friends? Anyone she wanted to look for? Of course not. Molly hadn't had that thought since waking up. All the thoughts she had, were about she, her, and herself. Besides...would they be her friends anyways? If the queen bee could turn to this....how would the others change?

"N-no. D-don't tell a-anyone I'm h-here. Pl-please."

Molly looked around in paranoia. Her comfort shattered into pieces of painful shards, now they were cutting her. She needed to get out of here.

"...C-could you t-take me to that b-building? You s-said earlier?"
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"That's fair enough if you don't want me to tell anyone about your whereabouts, Molly. Better to be cautious, I guess."

Kian wasn't going to question why she didn't want anyone to find her. Not even her friends. He knew that it was her choice whether or not she wanted to have people by her side. Even if he was thinking that she did need at least someone by her side. That someone wasn't going to be him. He wanted to make his way out into a risky world and he had been planning on doing it in the first place.

Ah, it seemed like she wanted him to guide her to where the building was. Well, it was only fair if he did that for her. He glanced at the pink bunny on the sand again and he didn't bother to pick it back up, zipping his bag back up. He didn't even need it. He was going to let someone else have it if they wanted to.

"Yeah, sure. I can take you there." He nodded to her with a calm smile and then he looked behind him to where it was, squinting his eyes to get a better look. "It's not that far from us so it wouldn't be too long of a walk for us."

He turned towards the direction, glanced back at Molly and he started to head on forward.

"Come on, let's get going, Molly."

((Kian Banks continued in i'm ltierally cryign and sshakin rihgt now.))
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

...What was she supposed to say besides thanks? Molly knew that in this situation, that she should have been so grateful, that thanks didn't come close to doing her gratitude justice. Maybe that was why she was lost for words. Of course not. What Molly really felt was that she was entitlement. That Kian was obligated to help her. It was selfish, it was gross, but it was also true.

Because honestly, Molly would have no idea what she would have done if Kian said no. Actually she did, but what she...would have done was so bad, that it was better to say that she had no idea what she would have done, then to say the truth.

Picking up her duffel bag with the non-sledgehammer hand, Molly's grip was loose, due to all the sweat, and nervousness. Maybe it was right to trust Kian, but hey, one couldn't be completely reassured here. Because of that, Molly didn't put away her weapon away, just in case.

Staring at Kian for a little while, Molly was still somewhat stunned in that position, and when she went to start walking to Kian, she, before she knew it, was sprinting over to Kian. Molly had to stay close to Kian, she couldn't let herself be so far away from someone. She had admitted she need some help, and now that she did, she was going to cling on to the help she had. Or Kian.

Staring at the very distant building, Molly looked at it, as if she was in a trance. She couldn't really think of much now, all she had in her head was getting to the building, the building, and what would be inside. For that, if she could think about it, Molly was grateful. Thoughts of a building was better then....other things.

Molly was barely aware of where Kian was going, or the fact she was dragging her sledgehammer across the ground, making one end slightly blunt.

And she was completely unaware of the pink bunny she was gripping so tightly on her left hand.

((Molly McKenzie continued in i'm ltierally cryign and sshakin rihgt now.))
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main

Return to “The Seaside (PV3)”