Cyrano

(Open, School Library)

This board allows for roleplaying of anything in the lives of the class of National Summit Academy prior to the selection for The Program, from their births to the morning before their selection. Approved characters may be in up to two simultaneous threads in this section, and may be in one-shots no matter how many other current threads they're active in. NPCs may be in only one thread at a time, and are limited to ten posts here.
Katie

Post by Katie »

Ohgawdogawdohgawd, Brittany thought to herself. She talked to me!

Brittany was blushing madly, and struggled to regain her composure. She couldn't let a mere plebeian, even if she was cute, make her so flustered. She was thankful the library was mostly empty at the moment. She would have died on the spot if any of her friends or family were to see her like this.

"Uh, I, uh..." Brittany stammered, still blushing like mad, before managing to (mostly) regain her composure. "Hmph, as if. I'm the great Brittany Chesterton, smartest and most beautiful person in this school, why would I be in need of help?"

Brittany crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked away haughtily, though she was unable to hide the deep red shade her face had currently undertaken. Then, as if being controlled by some devious entity, she proceeded to say something completely undignified.

"But, um, perhaps you're in need of help yourself? I'm feeling generous today, and I'm willing to use my unparalleled genius to help you. Mind you, I almost never do things like this, so you should be grateful for my offer."

Brittany Chesterton could not believe what had just come out of her mouth. She was the great Brittany Chesterton, she didn't do things for others, if anything they did things for her. Not to mention, while she had no idea of this girl's social standing, she doubted she was part of the elites.

And yet, despite all this, she couldn't bring herself to take back her words, instead waiting for a response from the beauty sitting across from her.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Oh. She likes romance too. Maybe Rodney found a kindred spirit. Maybe Laurie was someone he could share his interests with without fear of judgement. Maybe Laurie knew of some of the authors he read. Maybe she'd like what he wrote in his journal.

But, then again, maybe it was too early to open up to a stranger about the sort of thing. And maybe she did know someone who could pass it along to someone he knew.

"Oh, I uh... read a bit of everything," Rodney said. "Horror, mystery, sci-fi... just whatever looks interesting to me. Like this one."

Rodney looked back at the copy of Calamarry Me. Maybe that was enough to explain why he had such a weird book in his hands.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Laurie thought that it was good to find someone who seemed passionate about books. She nodded towards him with a gentle smile. There was no words that she could say. If he was interested in that book in his hands then she had no right to judge his senses. She was not like other people who would put you down just for who you are interested in. Maybe Rodney could help her out with what music books she should check out.

"I see. Um, actually, I'm...."

Laurie stopped speaking as she could hear two girls chatting and it actually sounded like one of them was being rude. Laurie was feeling uncomfortable and she didn't like conflicts between anyone. But she didn't have the courage to intervene. She just hoped that it ended without things getting more awkward.

"...I-I was actually looking for a music book.... about violinists. What would you recommend, Rodney?" She asked out of curiosity.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

This girl was weird, with a capital W. She began to stammer out about not needing help, before huffing and turning away.

Ingrid had thought she'd be done by that point, but after a few seconds she continued.

She continued by asking her if she needed help.

Ah, so the girl didn't know who she was. If she did, she'd know that Ingrid never needed help. Not with school, anyway.

"I think I'm good, thanks," Ingrid said before going back to her...

Oh damn it, even if she wanted to, now, she couldn't continue working on her worldbuilding. She sighed, before putting the notebook back in her bag. She pulled another notebook, this one much thicker than the other. If she was just going to be forced to pretend to study, she might as well get some actual studying done.
Katie

Post by Katie »

"Fine, your loss," Brittany huffed. "Now, I'll be returning to my studies, if you don't mind."

She then turned her attention back to her textbook, and did her best to try and study, and though her mind remained elsewhere, she refused to pick her eyes up from her book, determined not to appear weak.

She made a mental note to see the guidance counselor after school. She wasn't normally one to ask others for help, but these unwanted thoughts just kept getting worse and worse, and something had to be done about it.

Return to “Before (Prologue)”