Into The Earth

Open

Within the Cliffside Mountain Canyon, is a large mine complex made up of several long winding tunnels leading from one entrance of the mine to the other. Both entrances are located on opposite sides of the river, thus making it a possible path to travel from north to south. The tunnel's interior is rather dark, difficult to navigate through and in bad condition. The area was formerly used for mining gold or coal, with several abandoned wooden structures and empty crates within the area. The mine is also quite rocky, with plenty of gravel, scree and boulders laying about the place.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Oh gross, Clair's blood had gone through her hoodie and onto Rebecca. Yeah way to think about that when you just stabbed her in the fuckin' gut you bitch. Then she forced Clair off of her. Clair could have still hurt her then, well more.

Her eye was stinging, she grabbed the bow.

She left the boy's flashlight, she couldn't get it back now anyway, and started to move back into the darkness. She could find her own flashlight in a minute, but right now her beating and that guy being around made this more dangerous.

A voice showed up, and first up, she had killed the first person. Well fucking great. Wait. They fucking announce these things!?

"Fuck."

(Rebecca Clark continued in Bruised)
Iceblock

Post by Iceblock »

There wasn't much Sam could do before the scuffle suddenly ended.

No, that was a lie.

There was plenty that he could have done. If everything had happened just a bit slower, he could have come to his senses. Or if he hadn't wasted time trying to warn Clair, he could have helped her, no matter how much of a bad idea charging at Rebecca had seemed at the time.

But he could still make up for it. Maybe Clair was still okay, just beaten.

He was by her side. He had gotten there, somehow. Rebecca had vanished into the darkness and he momentarily thought about chasing her... but he knew how these tunnels worked, now. People rarely found what they were looking for.

"Clair?" His eyes flickered down, to the spreading stain on Clair's hoodie, and the next words he had been about to ask died. She wasn't alright. That was obvious enough.
This signature intentionally left blank.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

For a moment, Clair was afraid Sam wouldn't come. She was afraid he'd run away, and she'd be left to die alone. That's not what happened, though. Sam stopped beside her, and she was glad.

"Sam..." she started, but then a crackling noise assaulted her ears.

She listened. Listened to all the names. Delilah had killed again. She'd killed again and it was Patrick Reynolds and Clair couldn't believe that Patrick would attack her.

Rebecca was on the announcements too. She'd killed three people. She'd killed three people and Clair suddenly felt really stupid having charged towards her.

Soon the announcements were over and Clair had difficulty staying awake.

"Sam, I... take this." She took off her toque and clutched it in her hand. "If you find Delilah again... tell her I'm sorry."

She wasn't sure why she was doing this. She didn't care.

She breathed in. Oh god, it hurt to breathe even.

"I was there. At... the river. I saw you guys. And Richard. I should have done something."

Pain.

"But I didn't... I didn't do shit. Maybe... would things have gone differently... if I had?"

She paused. It was getting harder to keep her eyes open.

She half coughed, half chuckled.

"I'm a terrible friend... aren't I?"

She wasn't sure whether that last question was aimed towards Sam, or herself.

It didn't matter for long.

F01 - Clair Belvedere: DECEASED
Iceblock

Post by Iceblock »

He weighed the toque in his hand as she gave it to him, his ears willfully ignoring the voice, coming from everywhere at once.

Clair's toque. Goddamn ski hat. Just giving it to him, something that she'd worn the whole time? So she was really going to die. It wasn't a good thought. He squeezed the toque in his hand.

She said stuff, stuff about how she wished she'd intervened, stuff about being a terrible friend. He knew what she meant. Join the club, he wanted to say, but his words just stuck in his mouth and he could tell she wasn't going to be around for much longer. Let her say her piece.

And then, she was just gone. Her body was still there, but Clair was gone. Just like Richard, like Trevor who lay just a little distance away.

She hadn't done anything wrong. They just all had made mistakes. It was the Sheriff, right? The game. All of that. Right?... He didn't know what to think, and he couldn't tell her anything now.

With a trembling hand, he reached over, closed her eyes. It seemed like the right thing to do. He reached over a little farther, did the same for Trevor. At some point after that he found himself standing. Everything seemed like a haze.

He wandered towards the exit, his hand still shaking, the flashlight's beam dancing along the walls. Then, he just ran.

((Samuel Wilson continued in Grasping at Straws))
This signature intentionally left blank.

Return to “The Mines”