Rebel Without a Clue

Open Thread

The shrubbery forest is made up of several small and dry looking trees and shrubbery stretching over many acres of land. The forest is open and quite simple to traverse with only uneven land forming slopes both up and down being the only real obstacle. A section of the railroad passes through it.
Mini_Help

Post by Mini_Help »

Reality wasn't all that hit her. Before she knew it, the other girl with Renee ran at her, brandishing a Native American Tomahawk.

Survival instinct kicked in for Julia at the last minute. She wasn't some kind of statue who would stare bewildered as some girl ran up to her with a jagged war weapon. She backed up, tripping over the tracks, but maintaining her standing and back-peddling position upon the ground.

The strike had missed it's mark, aimed undoubtably at her head as Julia attempted to dodge it. Instead, the head of the tomahawk slammed against shoulder, causing a blood curdling yell from it's victim's mouth. The tomahawk was pulled out, as Julia did her best to rip herself away from it, which caused a ripping of flesh to be pulled along with it.

Julia was scared, but being how she was, she was also angry.

They wanted her to put down her weapon for a reason. It was evident now after this floozie came at her with her war head. They were trying to attack her and steal her weapon! They were trying to kill her!

Well, she sure as hell wasn't going to make it easy on them. They'd have to pry the gun from her cold dead hands, because as far as she was concerned, Julia Wilson wasn't going down without a fight. If she was even going to go down at all, she was going down swinging.

Immediately, Julia threw a hard punch toward her attacker's face and swung her gun like a bludgeon at the girl, as the continuous throb of almost numbing pain pumped throughout her upper body - When it suddenly occurred to her that she could start firing her gun at these bitches.

The injured girl backed up and held the gun somewhat awkwardly due to the wound on her shoulder and pointed it at them again.

"Stay back! STAY BACK MOTHERFUCKERS! Oh-FUCK this hurts!" She closed her eyes and bit her lip, hoping that somehow that would be able to quell the pain in her shoulder.

She unleashed another short barrage of bullets at the group, this time on purpose.

"I'm not stupid! I ain't dropping the only thing that'll protect me from psychos like you! You fucker's wanna kill me?! You can all FUCK OFF!"

She let loose a third wave of bullets at them and turned around to run off into the forests' shrubbery, hoping she could find a way to hide and reload her gun if necessary. She knew sooner or later it'd run out and then she'd be a sitting duck. She couldn't risk it. With her back turned, she ran as fast as she could, out of the clearing. She was nearly there.

Plus her shoulder really hurt like hell.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Cameo Conroy continues from A Perfect Day))

She should have ran when she heard the first gunshots she'd ever heard in her life. Cameo was alone in the dark, pressing her way through invisible trees, when a volley of loud pops struck through the silent air. She froze.

Someone's dead.

Gunshots with no sound to follow it except the echo to her meant another person had died tonight. It meant another killer was on the loose with a victim under hand, while she was ever closer to death, at least that's what the numbers said. But unlike the boy at the stop, there was a mystery. She didn't know who had died, so she was urged to go closer.

She pulled a flashlight from her bag. The moon was up, but her face was scratched from low branches and the sides of trees coming from nowhere and her with no time to escape. She tried to see where it came from, but the echoes were gone. There was really nothing to do but pick a random direction and hope for the best.

She walked through rows of silent trees, until she started to hear voices. She knew these were the real deal. There was a certain relief to be had in that she was finally starting to run into people who could speak and not just write stuff in the sand. And yet, she still felt something missing in that regard.

"Viv...stop!"

"STAY BACK MOTHERFUCKERS!"

Cameo quickened her pace through the little light she had. Logs and branches and roots all fell by the wayside as she kept on trudging through darkness, when suddenly the screaming sounded like it was just in front of her. As did the second round of pops that barrelled through the night air.

She froze, rooted to the spot like one of her many adversaries. Just as the gunshots stopped, and the breeze that accompanied them halted as well, she realised she could see people in the darkness. It was some sort of clearing near the railway tracks she'd travelled along before. And lo and behold, people were there. Living people. Not dead ones.

Although by the looks of it, that was going to change soon.

Then she noticed that she had been halted by a short breeze. Cameo looked down at her skirt, and couldn't help but notice there were holes in it, holes that weren't there before. She saw a certain hole stick to her skin, and shined her light. The fabric surrounding the hole was drenched in colour, as blood soaked out of the hole in her skirt through what she now realised was a hole in her skin. She'd been shot in the thigh.

And that's when the pain hit. The nerves in her leg felt like they were on fire, and it collapsed beneath her, her right leg soon to follow as to make her kneeling on the ground as though in prayer. She didn't know what to do, Cameo had never been shot before. Although frankly, there was nothing she could do as another volley of loud pops came from the screaming people she'd all but stopped paying attention to after her injury.

Her body was thrown back as though she was hit by a truck, as the pain spiralled outwards from her shoulder area. She'd been hit again. The flashlight fell from her hand as she hit the ground and rolled a short distance. Her eyes snapped to the sky as the pain became worse, and she found herself unable to scream in pain or even grunt. Cameo's breath became deep and rasping as she felt more blood drip down her shoulder and across her clothing. More blood. More and more of it, and she could do nothing but lie there as the pain started magnifying.

She opened her mouth in between quick, deep breaths and tried to call out.

"Help...me..."
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

The tomahawk sunk into Julia's shoulder with a thunk. For a moment, Vivian loosened her grip on the tomahawk.

What... did I just do?

Vivian looked at the girl in front of her. Looked at the wound that she'd created. For a split-second Vivian reconsidered her mindset.

And then she felt a blow to the face. And then another one, as the gun connected with the side of her head. She staggered to side, grabbing her head with her free hand.

Then another burst of gunfire.

Julia was still going at it. She was doing it on purpose now. She knew the gun was real; she was trying to kill them. For real this time.

Vivian got to her feet and Julia ran from her, towards to edge of the clearing, Vivian took a shaky step to chase her, but she couldn't coordinate her feet to do anything other than stagger forward.

She was going to get away. She was going to-

Wait.

Vivian remembered something. Something about tomahawks, about the weapon she now held in her hand.

The tomahawk... was used as a throwing weapon too, right?

She took another step forward. Julia was nearing the edge. With the last of her strength, Vivian hurled the tomahawk at Julia's back.

Her foot caught on a root, and she fell forward.

No matter.

The tomahawk was already headed for its target.
K-Robe

Post by K-Robe »

Renee watched as Julia thankfully moved enough to avoid getting hit by Vivan's tomahawk. Well, fatally at least, as the tomahawk managed to chop slightly into Julia's shoulder. The good part was that Julia was still alive. The bad part was that Julia wasn't dead yet, which meant that she'd no doubt retaliate against Vivian's act. Julia managed to knock back Vivian, but she wasn't done yet. The girl opened fire on them.

"Shit!" Renee yelled as she scrambled behind a tree for cover.

"I'm not stupid! I ain't dropping the only thing that'll protect me from psychos like you! You fucker's wanna kill me?! You can all FUCK OFF!" Julia let loose another wave of bullets.

"Hey, listen for a minute!" Renee yelled. "We don't want to hurt you! We don't want to do anything to you! Can't we call a truce or something?" Renee didn't know where this sudden desire to negotiate had come from. In fact, it was only after asking the question that Renee remembered that she still had her Tec-9. She could have just shot Julia, she realized, and this whole mess could have been avoided. With all this gunfire, she was starting to realize why Brian was so preemptive, why he shot whomever it was that he'd shot.

Renee quickly peeked out of her cover. She once again caught a glimpse of something she didn't like. Vivian raised her tomahawk and threw it at Julia, the weapon zooming in the air. With the darkness of night surrounding them, Renee wondered if it would even hit her at all. But these things tended not to work out for the better. Julia had shot at them, and Renee realized that the act was all it took to snap Vivian.

Even if the tomahawk missed, Renee realized, there was no stopping Vivian now.

She would kill Julia Wilson. There was no doubt in Renee's mind.
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

Things were getting heated and Brian didn't want to get in the way of them. There was no way he could get a clear shot off of his shotgun without taking Vivian down due to where he was standing, and maybe he just didn't want to attract attention.

And then there was the Goth chick. She was whimpering something for some such reason, deciding to make her presence known in the most random and worse way possible at this point in time. Looking around to make sure his back was covered, he snuck his way over to her.

She wasn't that attractive, but still, where were all of these girls coming from? He had barely seen another boy since he had gotten here, and the only other one he had seen was shot. He had definitely heard hale names over the announcements, but still...

"Hey. You." He didn't remember her name, but he had definitely seen her around. She had some weird Goth chick nickname.

"You hurt?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mini_Help

Post by Mini_Help »

Almost. Almost there.

Julia was surprised they weren't shooting back. Maybe she scared them enough for her to actually get away.

That was good, then she could take a break and do something about that aching wound on her shoulder before it got infected. She couldn't believe she had been attacked and this whole thing was real.

Then she heard a strange swishing noise in the wind for a second. What is that?

And then it hit her. Then the tomahawk itself a few seconds later.

She collapsed as soon as the tomahawk collided into the nape of her neck and a part of the back of her skull. Her gun flew from her hand, soaring down the unleveled slope in the direction she was moving, somewhere in the night-time darkness of the forest.

If the trauma to her vertebrae wasn't enough to kill her; Julia had also tumbled over the roots of a few small bushes, causing her to fall awkwardly at a weird angle and breaking her neck in the process.

F18: Julia Wilson - GAME OVER.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

She fully expected to die right there in the semi-darkness. The pain was escalating, her breaths became larger, louder, more rasped, and she could only see the stars. All those pretty little stars just staring down at her and laughing at her pain.

"Help...me..."

She didn't want to cry out for help again, but she needed it. She was strong, but there were some things she couldn't do. Just like she told Simon, or whoever that boy who pretended to be Simon, at the train station. She was strong, she could do this on her own. That was at least said without bullets in her body.

"Hey. You."

She managed to take her eyes away from the stars and saw a boy standing over her. A boy that looked familiar, because even she heard rumours from school. Brian Larke, a cad who's slept with more girls than Clover had. Considering how much of a whore Clover was, that was a feat in itself. And now, here he stood, looking down at her without a care or a clue in the world.

"You hurt?"

Cameo wanted to leap from the ground and strangle him, if she felt as though moving her shoulder could result in anything but pain or dizziness from the blood seeping out of the wound no longer in the body. Dense, dense little boy.

"I..."

There wasn't time to speak with sarcasm or snide, or insult him. She gave him a look of disbelief that faded into pain once again as the throbbing came back to the foreground and forced her to speak again. She managed only one line of thought through her deep and pained breaths.

"I've been shot."

She took in a deep breath.

"Please."

Another.

"Help."

Another.

"It-it hurts."

And she kept on repeating that over and over and over, while the breathes became louder and the tears started to flow because she was never quite sure when he was going to help her.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

(Rebecca Clark continued from Bruised)

Rebecca had made her way back to the blighted forest she had found early on. It looked about the same, just darker. Much darker. She had her flashlight out. As much as she hated the idea of someone sneaking up and killing her, not a bad idea..., she thought it was more important to see.

She wasn't sure what possessed her to make her way back to the forest, maybe she was just wandering again, maybe she just wanted to be back somewhere from before she was shooting arrows into people.

You were thinking about seducing Brian just to get his shotgun, right?

Shut up brain. I was fuckin' innocent then and you know it.

That's when she heard the gunfire.

Gun. Fire.

"Shit."

At the same time, what if she could take out whoever had the gun? She was running lower on arrows now, just ten...Not to mention she had killed at least four people and she still didn't have a gun. Kinda failing...

You're alive.

So is most of the trip. I think.

Just hurry up and get that gun.

She heard more gunfire, then she sneaked up behind a tree by the clearing where it was all going down.

Now to see what she could see.

A spotlight would be nice for that...

Yeah well this isn't a play, and you're fucking in it this time.

She flicked off the flashlight and put it in her bag.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

For a while, Vivian just lay on the ground.

She didn't hear any more gunfire.

She slowly got to her feet, and squinted into the distance, where Julia was running. She saw something there. A body. She slowly walked over, until she right next the body Julia was dead. There was no doubt about it now. The tomahawk had embedded itself into Julia's neck. She put her foot on Julia's head, to get the tomahawk out. As she pulled it out, blood spurted from the wound and onto her shoe.

What a mess.

She hefted the tomahawk onto her shoulder.

So... what now?

What?

Look at what you did. You're a murderer now.

No. It was self-defense. She was going to kill us.

Even if that were true, who'd believe it? They announce the deaths. You heard that right?

Brian. He'll understand.

If you say so, prove it.

She turned. She made her way over to where Brian was standing.

"Brian."
K-Robe

Post by K-Robe »

To Renee's surprise, she wasn't really scared of the situation. Oh, she saw everything though. She saw Vivian toss her tomahawk. She saw it embed itself in Julia's neck. She saw her die. But no, Renee wasn't scared. Not at all.

Gingerly, she walked over to where she thought Julia's gun flew away. Turning on her torch, she scanned the ground for it. After a few minutes she found it. She lifted the metal thing in her hands, it feeling much heavier than she expected. She checked the magazine. Empty. Renee's eyes went to Julia's body.

Vivian was there now. Pressing her foot against Julia's head, she dislodged her tomahawk. Renee knew that she should've been disgusted at how Vivian was acting but she couldn't bring herself to care too much at that moment. Renee walked over to Julia's body and took off her backpack. Inside would be supplies, food. But most importantly, ammo. Renee grabbed as much as she could from Vivian's backpack: all the food, her extra items, and the three magazines for her MP5. She loaded one in the MP5 but kept the safety on.

Looking at the model now, blood spurting out of a massive hole in her neck, Renee wondered how they'd live with this. No, not they. Only one would live. Renee looked at Vivian and Brian. They were going crazy even if they didn't realize it. Renee was determined to not be a part of that.

Renee looked at Julia again. Her dead eyes were staring right up into the night sky, beyond the trees.

"Fucking hell," Renee muttered. She crouched down and closed the model's eyes.

She had enough of this for one day. She looked at the pair again and began walking in their direction.

"What the hell are we doing now?"
peregrineink*

Post by peregrineink* »

The goth girl with the weird name he couldn't remember was just murmuring pitifully. Brian didn't know what to do, and the wound on her shoulder looked pretty bad. It made him think of Frodo...out there something injured because of him. What kind of life was she going to have in the next few days?

He moved his shotgun a couple of inches over her face. At first he played it as though he was just adjusting it from one arm to the other, but the hunger in his eyes gave it away. Could she see that? Did Goth Chick understand what it was like to hold such power over and individual?

He let the barrels of the shotgun graze against her cheek. Linger a little in the hollow of her incredibly pale throat.

He thought not.

"Brian?"

He glanced up, to see the waify girl in a rather red and messy pile on the ground, and Vivian looking at him all tearful, all sad. Renee did the smart thing and looted. He cleared his throat and pulled the gun away before anyone could notice what he had been doing. Vivian looked as though she was going to fall apart, he walked over to her.

"Do you understand now?" He asked quietly. "Do you get how it's going to be them or us?"

He tried to hide his excitement, how finally Viv was on the same page with him about something. If she was willing to kill with him maybe she'd be willing to do other things...

Renee's voice interrupted Brian's excited reverie.

"We should probably get out of here, people are attracted to gunshots." There was a frenetic energy to him now. Let's get this party started.

"We should keep moving. Grab what you can...I'm good."

Pack and shotgun, what else did he need?

The energy, in the thorough excitement of watching Vivian murder another human being, Brian practically skipped off to whatever was next....and forgot all about that poor injured Goth girl.

(Brian Larke continued elsewhere.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler peregrineink. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

((Sorry for skipping, I've got places to go, things to do, people to get killed by.))

"Do you understand now? Do you get how it's going to be them or us?"

Vivian nodded. Very slowly, she nodded. She rubbed at her eyes, they were wet. She realized that she had been crying.

Brian was right. He'd been right. There were people that were willing to kill, and Vivian didn't want to be killed. She had rationalized it as self-defense. Yeah. It was self-defense.

Vivian simply looked at Renee, and then at Brian. He suggested that they move out. Vivian didn't have much energy to say anything, so she just nodded slightly, and followed after Brian.

She never even noticed the girl on the ground that Brian had been talking to.

((Vivian Cathwell continued in It's not like its for real or anything, right?))
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Rebecca watched from the dim moonlight. A girl was dead, the shooter? She wasn't sure. Then she saw the group starting to leave. Wait, was that Brian? She thought so...

Time to find out.

(Rebecca Clark continued in Its not like its for real or anything, right?)
K-Robe

Post by K-Robe »

Renee could only stare as Brian and Vivian left the girl on the ground as they left.

Is there no one else that's still sane here?

Renee looked at the girl on the ground again. It was Cameo Conroy if Renee wasn't mistaken in recognizing her. Renee didn't know much about her other than she was a loner. Renee looked at her, bleeding out of her shoulder. Renee didn't know what to do.

She looked at the pair, now farther in the distance. She'd have to catch up with them. She'd need Brian's protection.

...Did she really believe that? No, Renee didn't need the protection of a madman or his madwoman. To think that she thought that sex would be able to sate him. Brian relished killing. It looked like he was going out to look for some more.

And Renee didn't want any of that.

She picked up Conroy's bag and rummaged out the first-aid kit. She placed it next to Conroy, near her hand. Renee sighed.

"You can use that to treat those wounds. I'd do it myself, but I admit that I really don't know how to fix you up. To think that I actually wanted to be a doctor..." Renee chuckled despite the situation. "I'd recommend pouring alcohol to avoid infection then bandaging it. Since this is probably the last time I'll see you, I just wanted to say that you should get out of people's way. I imagine it'd be easier to survive without having a potential enemy at your back." Renee glanced at Brian and Vivian, making their way out of there as if nothing had happened.

Renee got up and started to leave, opposite the direction of Brian and Vivian. "Well, goodbye."

(Renee Murphy continued in While Rome Burns)
Cash Money*

Post by Cash Money* »

((Benny Lightfield continued from No Country for Teenagers. Dialogue co-written with Kami.))

The pair of them walked fast; Benny more so than Katie, but that was because he was deathly afraid of everything. The green grass under their feet got steadily hardier and crunchier as they headed west. Once they were safely out of earshot (or firing range) of the creek, Benny started talking.

"So what I was trying to say is that we are not looking for Simon. If we're going anywhere, it should be to where he isn't."

"Why?"

Didn't she understand? This was suicide! Did she want to get killed out here? Going after Simon would mean going where other people were. It would mean risking getting killed. And it would mean doing something other than hiding out in the bushes and waiting for the rescue teams to show up. If they ever were going to show up, that is; they couldn't arrive fast enough even if they tried. Not for Ramona, not for Warren, not for Patrick. But they still had a chance of making it if they hid.

Benny replied, "Because I don't want to die, obviously! He'd going around and killing everyone, and..." Benny paused mid sentence again, but this time he didn't use verbal filler, because he just realized that Simon was killing everyone. Like his friends. If nobody got Simon (and he used the word "got," because it was beyond the pale for him to even consider killing anyone), he might kill Pepper. Or Leo. Or any of his other friends.

Right on time, Katie said, "Benny. Exactly. He's killing everyone."

There was nothing Benny could say to that. He couldn't keep defending wanting to hide out in the bushes, because every second spent hiding was a second spent not saving his classmates, spent telling everyone that he was more important than they were. There was no counting on the rescue vans, not now. He'd just admitted that to himself.

He wondered if anybody else had a gun. Sycanus did, sure, but apparently the definition of "weapon" out here was as rigorous as the definition of "thing" or "stuff." Patrick's molotov cocktails? Ramona's paddle? There was no way either of those could compete with guns. If Simon hadn't shot Katie's dynamite, it would probably have been even less useful, but Benny didn't think of that because in general he was trying to think about that incident as little as possible. So if anyone was going to be able to take down Simon and his whatever gun he had, it would probably have to be him, and he was just going to sit back and let a killer run wild?

But he couldn't kill anyone! He was not the kind of person to be going around shooting people, even if they probably deserved it! Why did Katie have to start getting so serious all of a sudden? Why did she have to back Benny into a corner like this? Why did Benny suddenly have to grow a conscience now, of all times?

That conversation stopped short very quickly, as Benny saw a figure lying down in between the bushes that had increasingly covered the terrain since they had left. Benny immediately thought it was a dead body, and accordingly gasped for air as he prepared to figure out who it was he was seeing for the last time. He picked up the pace, running over to it, about to say something but knowing everyone involved knew what was going on. This was somebody he knew, no doubt, dead, and all because they had to be stuck out here, given weapons and told to shoot each other and why were they actually shooting each other, it didn't make any sense, what were they thinking-

But it wasn't anybody whose name had been announced. It was Cameo. She was always a little too weird for Benny to consider talking to, and the fact that she kept to herself didn't help in that regard. If she didn't need to talk to people, then why say anything? But now she needed more than a kind word. She needed help, because she was actually still alive. He saw a chest rise and fall, if only slightly, and hints of movement were there.

He gasped, "Oh my god, are you alright?"

It was just a stock phrase. There was no way she was alright. But he'd never been told what to say in this situation. Somebody getting shot off camera away from the action just didn't tend to happen; that's stuff you filmed if you had any sense in you. She wasn't going to be alive much longer if he didn't do something, though. It was hard to see any color in the moonlight like this, but the blood on her clothes shone brightly in the moonlight, and oh god there was so much of it. Benny hyperventilated, knowing that he was in the position to save someone's life, and that he had not a single clue of what to do. Maybe if he did what they did in movies? No, that had gotten him in trouble before, both with the doors back at the saloon and with so many other times in the past. But he had just about nothing else to go on.

Come on, think, quick! What do they do with gunshots? Oh! They put hot sauce on it! No, wait, that's stupid. You don't have any hot sauce out here, and besides, that was a substitute for something antiseptic. Think of something besides the hot sauce movie, you told yourself that was useless already! This has to have happened more than once. How many times have gunshots not been lethal? Do they do anything? Oh right, they suck the poison out! No, that's snakebites, what are you thinking? Just DO SOMETHING!

It was at that point that Katie had picked up a first aid kit and was trying to do something with it. Benny felt like an idiot. There was no way he was going to kill Simon if he panicked this easily - wait, did he just choose to accept Katie's mission? ARGH.

Eager to help in any way that he could, Benny said, "I think you need to disinfect that."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cash Money. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Shrubbery Forest”