Calm Like a Bomb

A squat, windowless structure with a single floor, the jailhouse is intended to serve as more of a temporary prison than a place for long term internment. There are several cells, as well as an area for the past prison wardens.

Moderator: Sh4dE

Courtography

Post by Courtography »

“We’ll be set? You…you don’t get how this works. There is no “we” at the end. Best case scenario we live and then one of use shoots the other in the face. That’s best case scenario. That’s one fucked up best case.”

He understood how it worked, he just didn't want to admit it. Maybe he already had, but he didn't want to. But he didn't like how she was acting like he was completely dumb about it, so he went with his normal sarcastic comeback, "Set for the short term, long term we're still fucked. But hey, I'd rather think of myself as having a shot in this, instead of the guy with a video game controller who had a tiny bit of luck not to get shot when he woke up."

“Okay,” she seemed like she was taking a reassuring breath, well everyone could use one of those, especially in crazy shit situations like this one. She put the grenade away. Good. “My life was kind of low on traumatizing horror so let’s see if we can’t stuff an entire lifetime’s worth into the next few days so I’ve had my requisite amount. I’ll stay with you.” she continued. "Well I'd hate to disappoint you, but I'm aiming for staying out of traumatizing horror. Bet everyone else will be willing to comply though."
chitoryu12*

Post by chitoryu12* »

((John Ferrara continued from Driven to Drink))

My God, this thing gets heavy.

He didn't know how much he was lugging around, but he knew that this gun had PLENTY of metal still in it for it to be such a pain to carry. He'd be shooting all day, but his arms were going to fall off before he was halfway through.

At least now he had the opportunity to rest in safety. The building was small, squat. Dwarfed by the warehouse he had come from, as well as virtually every other structure. He didn't even bother looking at his map; it was a place where he could sit and hide from anyone out for blood. Maybe take a short nap.

Unfortunately, fatigue has a way of getting to your head. Making you do stupid things.

And one of those things happens to be walking into a building without paying attention. And noticing the talking.

Louis from the swim team was standing in front of him, holding absolutely nothing but air. There was a girl he didn't recognize stuffing something in her pocket.

Had he been in his right mind, he may very well have opened up on them. One was unarmed and the other would never get her weapon out in time. He'd be two people closer to winning.

But he was tired. Tired and scared. And that combination ensured that no shooting happened. Instead, he simply stared ahead.

"Ummmmm.........hi?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chitoryu12. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

“You want to make it to the end. Are you going to kill people?” she asked delicately.

She looked at him, the fear starting to creep into her eyes for the first time. “Are you going to-“

A voice from behind.

Kendra whipped around to look at the intruder. Whoever he was, he had a gun. She grabbed the grenade out of her pocket and held it close to her chest, one finger resting in the loop of the pin.

“Back the fuck up. Back up and if you take one step forward or if I see that gun go up and inch I will level this whole fucking block with you and me in it. Don’t think I won’t."
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

“You want to make it to the end. Are you going to kill people?" she asked. "If I have to," he replied simply. "Are you going to," she was cut off by a guys voice, "Ummmmm.........hi?" He swiveled toward him. He was holding a gun. Oh shit.

It was John...John something. Ferrari? No not Ferrari, what was it? Ferrara. That was it, John Ferrara. He was on the soccer team. Kendra freaked out, pulling the grenade back out. “Back the fuck up. Back up and if you take one step forward or if I see that gun go up and inch I will level this whole fucking block with you and me in it. Don’t think I won’t. Don’t you dare think I won’t end all of this quick and easy in the wink of an eye."

John Ferrara killing someone? Sure he had a kind of bitter personality, but Louis just couldn't see him murdering someone. You never know though. "As the other person who'll get blown to pieces if you do that, calm the fuck down. If he wanted to kill us he would have killed us already. That is, unless you've freaked out John enough to kill us now."
chitoryu12*

Post by chitoryu12* »

One thing John REALLY hated was explosions. They tended to leave a mess and throw your body parts all over the room, and they were no fun to clean up. The appearence of a grenade in his face tapped into a deep, primal fear in his lizard brain: fear of being blown the fuck up.

This fear is what caused him to stumble blindly out the door, letting out a scream that sounded vaguely like "Fwhagyarl!". He ducked behind the stark concrete wall, massive pistol pointed at the dirt. His heart was pounding more than it had when he was called up from his seat not so long ago. At least the guards on Announcement Day hadn't menaced him with frags.

"Hold on! Hold on! Hold on!" he shouted through the open portal. "Take it easy! I don't want to kill you!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chitoryu12. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Kendra flinched, but it seemed all the other boy did was bumble and yell all willy nilly like an idiot and run behind a wall. At least she knew he was no determined killer type. Not yet at least. That didn't mean she was going to trust him.

"Shut up! Both of you!."

Still holding the grenade she picked up her pack and started to walk backwards away from the cell and away from the new boy.

"What do you want?" she asked skeptically. She had her things and a way out now. At the first sign of trouble she had an out now. Questioningly she looked to Louis.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
International
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Well at least John didn't want to kill him, even if it was obvious from him running away instead of shooting them up.

"Shutting up," he said with a slight smirk on his face after Kendra yelled. He hadn't quite grasped the potential danger of having a girl with a grenade wound up.

Following her lead, he put his bag over his shoulder so he could leave if he needed to. Actually he didn't have much choice, but to follow someone else, at least until he got a weapon of his own.

Still Kendra wasn't running yet, he might as well stay there and see what John had to say.
chitoryu12*

Post by chitoryu12* »

John tightened his grip on the pistol. The rubber was slick with sweat. His finger was starting to reflexively curl up, but he stayed himself. No need to accidentally blow a hole in a cloud. Or freak out this chick with the grenade.

"All right, just hold on!" he shouted. "Look, I'm not trying to kill you. Take it easy. What's your name?"

He squeezed his eyes shut for a second, then opened them again. If this didn't work, he was beyond fucked.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

"Okay, here's the deal," she shouted to the other boy. She still held the grenade out in front of her, it was her leverage.

"If you don't fuck with me, we can be friends and you can come with us. But if you do decide you want to be a dip shit and you fuck with me I swear I will kill all of us because we're gonna die anyway. Also, I am the leader for forever and if you don't like it you can go fuck yourself with a broken vodka bottle. Got it?"

Kendra took Louis' and started to back out of the building. She kept her eyes trained on the spot the boy hid.

Supers
International
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

He wasn't a big fan of Kendra's attitude at the moment. She was antagonizing John, not to mention she had threatened to kill them all multiple times in the past minute or so.

But he kept his mouth shut, it was what he normally did anyway. He didn't feel the need to change that in a situation where someone getting pissed over something you said could end very badly.

He could see why she would be the leader though, she had a weapon. In America the people with weapons, the military, had control over the people who didn't, as in all the citizens.

He followed her though, there was no way he could fight either of them anyhow.
chitoryu12*

Post by chitoryu12* »

John swallowed, the lump in his throat slightly evaporating. Slowly, as if she could see him through the wall, he removed his finger from the trigger and held the gun in the air, both hands out and up like he was surrendering. He slowly stepped into the doorway, each step deliberate. One foot in front of the other.

The girl and Louis were both slowly backing up toward the other door. She was holding a small dark green sphere in her hand, poised to rip the tiny pin out and turn the entire room into a pincushion. He stopped in the doorway, afraid to move any further.

"All right, let's just calm down. My name is John. I don't want to hurt you."

His eyes flitted down to the grenade. How could something so tiny pack so much death in its body?
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

"Yeah yeah, you don't want to hurt me. I heard you the first time," she said. There was something about him she didn't trust. Something was there she didn't like. Who knew what, maybe it was just that he was unfamiliar. It might have been the fact that he drew better than her as far as weapons.

"Whatever." Her shoulders relaxed a bit. She chanced looking away for a moment. This was the first time she'd been out of the cells for a good time since she had woken up. It was rather dim inside, not very well lit. Half working lights didn't do much to illuminate the space. Turning behind her she saw a square of light. It was a way out. Slowly she started to move backwards towards it. Kendra wasn't going to turn her back on him. She grabbed Louis by the hand.

"So you're going with us?"

Supers
International
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

It was good John had reassured Kendra more, because she finally stopped threatening to blow them all to pieces.

He slid his hand out of Kendra's. Maybe it was just normal him, maybe it was from the repeated threats to blow him up, but he wasn't feeling like holding hands with her.

And now there was an offer up in the air for John to join them. He hoped he would join them, after all John had a gun. That would be useful in fending off psychos, and he didn't have a way to defend himself, so maybe John could take someone out and then he could take that persons weapon.

Plus he might be able to keep Kendra in check, not likely based on the way she reacted to John, but possible.

But all of those thoughts meant nothing if he said no, so he wouldn't hold his breath and waited for a reply.
chitoryu12*

Post by chitoryu12* »

It was barely visible to someone not well-versed in reading body language, but the moment Kendra asked if John was coming with them he began to panic. Sweat started to bead on his forehead, his eyes shifted, refusing to meet her gaze, and his hands began to squeeze tighter on the grip of the Calico.

Mere minutes ago, he shot a boy through the heart in cold blood. Then he fired on two innocent girls. What in the nine levels of hell was he thinking trying to team up with someone? It was a girl with an itchy pin finger ready to throw down a grenade at any point and take his head off and an apparently unarmed athlete.

But maybe this would be the perfect opportunity.....

Two targets. One was jumpy and holding a bomb. The other couldn't fight back. Should he manage to turn one against the other, he'd have potentially two more kids out of the fight.

And if she didn't kill him, wasn't that what he was for?

He nodded, still a little shaky. "All right, all right. I probably have a better chance with you guys then running around waiting for a bullet from the blue to take me out. Just.........would you put that damn thing away?" he said, as he motioned to the grenade. Live explosives made him nervous.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

((GM approved and what not))

Kendra slowly put the grenade back in the pocket of her dress. She felt Louis' hand leave hers and she took her hand back, clutching it protectively against her chest. Now unarmed, she took a few steps closer to John. Her bag was still slung over her left shoulder.

"Fine. I put it away. Happy? I won't blow you up."

Some memories of this boy were starting to come back to her. Nothing detailed, but the memories of having seen him before. She tossed her head to the side to move some her hair out of her eye and opened her mouth to say something when the speakers interrupted her with an announcement.

"...John Ferrara shot him.."

She looked down at John's gun, still clutched in his hand, then back up to his face. Kendra had an initial look of shock that slowly became a smile.

"Nice to meet you, John. My name is Kendra."

And with that Kendra swung her long dancer's leg as hard and as fast as she could right in between the boy's legs, then turned and ran for the door.

"Move it or lose it, Louis!" she screamed back at him.

((Kendra Jones continued in Get Ready to Fly))

Supers
International

Return to “Jailhouse”