The Calamity Symphony

Not So Private Now. :)

A two story building, the admin block is made up primarily of offices, all of the computers formerly occupying it having been disposed of, and all the paperwork removed. Now, it seems very bare indeed, filled with empty desks and cleared shelves.

Moderator: Sh4dE

Brackie

Post by Brackie »

There...really wasn't any other way to describe how much pain Matt was in now. It hurt, it really fucking hurt. You can't use words to describe that, not when you're in the same position as Matthew Payne. He'd hit the wall, hard. Luke wasn't giving up.

No delayed reaction this time, just pure pain from re-entry. The shard embedded himself deep within his abdomen, slicing open those perfect abs he'd worked so hard to keep. Wasn't that a waste? And Luke didn't stop there, he kept on pushing it in, deeper and deeper until most of the internal organs in its wake resembled a shish kebab. Not that you could see it from the amount of blood pouring out of his chest.

And you know what? Random fact: All his life, he'd topped. True fact. Every. Single. Time. You don't fuck around like that, you just...get down and take it. Alex. Logan. Siobhan. Jess. Sergei. Lani. Lana. Marx. Corey. Callum. They knew that well. So what the hell was supposed to prepare him for the massive verbal and physical onslaught given to him by Luke, his own words twisting and writing into each wound? Nothing. It made each twinge of fiery nerves twist and thrive.

And it really dawned on Matt at that moment...this was it.

He wasn't getting better from this.

There was the location of the wounds, he felt something inside pop. That wasn't good any way you spun it. A pop inside your own freaking body. No. And there was a serious amount of blood coating his lower body, which wasn't any better, and...

...this sucked.

And nothing was getting any better.

The pain began to numb after a while, and it registered to him that Luke stopped his verbal assault. But coating his wounds in sugar didn't make it better, or even different from the salty rubbings of what he'd done.

And yet, beyond all that...Matt smiled at his killer, his hands covered in blood.

"Luke, I usually need more than a hello before I let someone inside-" Matt started, before letting out a violent cough. Pebbles of copper and iron coated the inside of his mouth, which wasn't that good. One more violent cough, this time the blood dribbled out of his mouth down his chin, but he continued "-before I let someone inside of me, buddy."

Okay, this was good. Just...he needed to keep just that little bit happy. He wasn't a sappy guy. He was frecking dying, but being a sad sap wasn't conducive to ridding of guilt and allieviating someone for what they did.

Because...well, let's face it, Luke wasn't that bad, for all that he'd done to Matt. The injuries were kinda...kinda painful, but really, no need to hammer that guilt in.

"You-you wanna do something? Okay, well-" Matt prefixed again, before another cough interrupted his speech. More spots of blood coming up his windpipe, he didn't have much time.

"Okay, I need you to-to find some people, okay? Uh-Megan Jacobson? And, Brendon Arrington? Like, know them? Just...just help them, okay? I kinda left them to help them myself to try and do that and, well, look at me now!" Matt laughed, trying to not show his welling tears through the pain. He wiped his face with the back of his hand then coughed once more, continuing. Ignorant of the blood, finally.

"Uh, lessee, lessee, who's still alive...Oh, uh, if you can find...Alex Tartaglia? Yeah, uh...yeah. I just...tell him that..." Matt paused, not out of pain, but really out of loss of something to say. So...this was it? Last words, and then...

"Just tell him he's one of the best I ever had. And...I'll see him soon."

Matt paused, coughing once more. He hocked, and spat out a large gob of blood on the ground, just waiting for it to fill with saliva once more.

"And...oh man, uh...fuck this is hard, you have no fucking idea how hard this is, Luke, uh..." Matt began. He paused, taking in shallow shaky breaths and a constricted throat blocked his next exhale. He defied this, forced through some choking breaths.

And a really, really odd thought occurred to him. It...wasn't something he was really surprised at, even here, so...

So for the last minute of his life, Matthew tried to push away everything for one last act. He pushed away the overwhelming fear of what was going to happen next, after he died; he wasn't particularly religious, and he was scared of what came next. Would he just stop existing? He pushed away the anger he felt at Luke and himself for how this should have turned out. They were supposed to be friends, and now The Program pushed that away for him. He tried to push away the urge to really just...think about his parents, and how they were watching him now, and how the entire world was watching in unison with the two people who raised him at birth to be the young man the whole school knew as "that guy who can't keep it in his pants for anything", or something.

He pushed everything away, and broke the pause.

"Could you...I don't want them to hear this, could you just...lean in closer, I'll tell you..."

When Luke did so, he smiled.

Then, surprising probably no one who knew Matthew Payne, he grabbed Luke by the nape of his neck and pulled him into the strongest kiss he'd ever given anyone.

He was forceful, the last ounces of strength he had left were going into stopping Luke from punching him or pulling away. After a good, solid ten seconds of intertwined mouths, he pulled away, with a giant grin on his face, and although Luke couldn't see, his vision was becoming blurred like a photoshop brush swept across his line of sight.

"Sorry about that, mate, but-"

His hands fell limp to his sides.

"-that-"

His last few breaths rattled the air.

"-was...so..."

The final ounces of blood poured through his chest, and his head lolled forward.

Worth it...

M17 - Matthew Payne: Eliminated
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Cake

Post by Cake »

...What. Just happened...?

Luke was on his ass, knees up, his hand on the floor in back of him and staring forward for a minute. Trying to figure out what happened. One moment he was listening to the friend he had just about killed give his final wishes, the next, he was caught by something he should have expected, considering who it was, but he didn't. His face felt warm, but wet. He used the side of his arm from the back of his wrist up to wipe his face. Blood was on it. Blood from Matt's face. Blood from Matt's hand when Matt grabbed Luke's face and pulled him into that...

A camera zoomed at his direction, and realization set in. Luke's face turned red, from blushing of all things. Or as close as his skin tone could at least.

At least Luke managed to make Matt's last few seconds on earth a happy one, he could take solace in that, but-but...

Was he a better kiss than me?
Don't even start...

Hahahahahahahaha!
Shut up, Sor!

Chill Luke.

"Chill? I am chill. I'm Mr. Chill." He said, before realizing he said that part out loud.

Luke got up, looked around and quietly found his bag, pulling out the set of playing cards. Trying to keep a cool exterior, even though his face was still flushing as another camera turned to him. He couldn't believe it. Matt had the last laugh, even though he was dead. The cameras, they caught every second of it. Luke had been kissed by a guy. And everyone saw.

He hadn't really kissed anyone, back, in regular life back home, but here in the program, he was kissed by two people already. One of each gender. Logan Sorenson, and Matthew Payne, and now they were both dead. It's like he was the kiss of death or something.

But there was no need to dwell on petty stuff now. It was embarrassing, he was also really depressed for killing not one, but two people moments after another, one of which was a friend. He wasn't going to cry again though, any second now another person could have came in, and the same damn thing was gonna happen. Luke wasn't going to let that happen again.

Luke needed to find allies. He needed to find someone supportive to him, someone friendly, not hostile, but it was gonna be difficult considering the rep in this game he had just gained for all his kills. He needed some people to group with, to be someone he could hide behind at least. If they saw him with someone, maybe they'd think he wasn't some kind of psycho like the announcements would present him as. He doubted it, as nothing had worked for him yet, but at least he'd make an attempt to try. These weapons he could offer as peace points to friends, if they needed them. To help them get started.

Luke closed Matt's eyes and put two cards on his chest, with the ceramic shard still poking from his body. King of Hearts and a random suit with the number 3. He went to Joanne and did the same, except with the Queen of Spades and the number 2. He wasn't sure why, he did, except he wanted to leave them with something from him as he did with Logan Sorenson before.

Matt had also asked him a few favors before dying, and the least Luke could do was honor them too. He'd do them, no question: Help Megan and Brendan, talk to Alex Tartaglia. Difficult considering he was the killer.

He was hungry, he missed his mom, the ketchup. Shit, everytime he was sad for home or hungry he always thought of ketchup, what was up with that? From that Luke remembered something. He needed to find Juliet Watanabe and Karl Chalmers. They were the only two, believe it or not, who had been the tiniest bit friendly to him, and didn't try to kill him right away. He needed to search for them and the people Juliet asked for. Show them he wasn't crazy. Keep up his part of this separate plan.

Finally he needed the Mason twins dead. He didn't forget about them at all. No, he was gonna create a "Family" of Mason Twin Seeking Vigilante's. Anyone who'd need reason to hate them and kill them, and Luke was gonna be that guy to help them out.

Also he needed to clean himself up. He was a dirty, bloody mess. He needed to shower himself, and bandage his wounds from all that calamity. He needed to find someplace and do it now.

He grabbed all weapons in the room, including Joanne's Axe and put them all in his bag. He reloaded his Rough Rider Revolver and put it in his pocket. He held the Grendel R31 in his hand. Finally Sor's hatchet.

He ripped it out of the wall, before saying to himself: "New Plan... Stick to the original plan. But if anyone gets in the way... Raise some hell."

[[Luke Mendoza Continued To: Hell on Bare Feet.]]
Cake

Post by Cake »

He came back from the Officer's Quarters. He was cleaner. He smelled great. He had bandaged himself up after cleaning up, but there was something he needed to do.

"Forgot My Shades."

End of Chapter / Thread.

Return to “Administration Building”